• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

goldendeal

Knapp's Vallee interview, subtitles badly needed. Two hours of listening to a wasted Depardieu....

b_dubb

Quote from: boba FETT on February 23, 2015, 11:09:39 PM
Even with merritt, It's a case he won't win.
Then is it time to tear down the government? If it breaks its own laws is beyond being held accountable then I'd say yes.

pate

I enjoyed the show the other night, my francophone ear had little trouble understanding the Frenchie, in fact here two days later I barely recall the accent being an issue.  To each his own.  MED, to your point of Knapp holding on under the 'shadow' of Noory, yeah sort of.  Can you agree that to cast a shadow you have to be a great to some degree?  I would say, probably the opposite is true (I paraphrase you btw, I don't think you used the term shadow).  I would put forth that Knapp is a superior broadcaster in comparison to Noory, and hold a small hope that somehow someone turns the table on Keeng Jorch the Turd and dethrones/defenesterates(sp), Knapp, in my opinion would be a few orders of magnitude greater as the regular host of C2C.

That's not the reason why I'm commenting here, so consider it an added bonus.  What I really came in here to say was this:

At the end of Knapp's show I noticed that he specifically did NOT thank Art, nor Noory.  Knapp thanked HIS producers and whatnot, and that was it, it seemed a very short list.  I am Not Sure if that is normal or not for Knapp, but I certainly picked up on that the other night.  So if I am the dumb-ass just now noticing the obvious, forgive.  I don't honestly often listen in sober to C2C, and that was one of the rare few occaisions...

Yay!

Crank yankers-special ed-do you know that song

Quote from: b_dubb on February 24, 2015, 02:57:03 PM
Then is it time to tear down the government? If it breaks its own laws is beyond being held accountable then I'd say yes.

Que: Rage Against the Machine!

b_dubb

Quote from: boba FETT on February 24, 2015, 05:15:55 PM
Que: Rage Against the Machine!
I was going to say queue Zoo!

pate

Zoo!1?

Perhaps a cage rather than the queue?

Army of Two (RAT IN A CAGE MUSIC VIDEO)

just seein' what might stick...

MrHippie

I enjoyed George Knapp's February 22 show with Jacques Vallee. Always good to hear an intelligent wide ranging discussion

between two professionals on this C2CAM mainstay topic. How Folklore from different cultures relates to UFO's is interesting.

His interview of the young filmmaker and researcher Jeremy Corbell on January 25 and last Sundays show with Dr.Vallee, Knapp

is showing his commitment to the  C2CAM audience.  I encourage people to listen to this show. I found it on YT.

Thanks George Knapp. Keep the faith, baby.

AZZERAE

Quote from: MrHippie on February 26, 2015, 06:44:13 PM
I enjoyed George Knapp's February 22 show with Jacques Vallee. Always good to hear an intelligent wide ranging discussion

between two professionals on this C2CAM mainstay topic. How Folklore from different cultures relates to UFO's is interesting.

His interview of the young filmmaker and researcher Jeremy Corbell on January 25 and last Sundays show with Dr.Vallee, Knapp

is showing his commitment to the  C2CAM audience.  I encourage people to listen to this show. I found it on YT.

Thanks George Knapp. Keep the faith, baby.

Oh my, the Sunday show with Jacques Vallee was absolutely brilliant! Great radio indeed.

I suggest to anybody who hasn't already done so-- pick up Vallee's book Passport to Magonia... you will NOT be disappointed!

Nebraska888

Quote from: Azzerae on February 27, 2015, 06:40:41 AM

Oh my, the Sunday show with Jacques Vallee was absolutely brilliant! Great radio indeed.

I suggest to anybody who hasn't already done so-- pick up Vallee's book Passport to Magonia... you will NOT be disappointed!

Agreed!!!!   8)  8)  8)  8)

zeebo

Quote from: Azzerae on February 27, 2015, 06:40:41 AM
...I suggest to anybody who hasn't already done so-- pick up Vallee's book Passport to Magonia...

Thanks for posting the book cover, he'd described it on the show and it is pretty cool.

AZZERAE

Quote from: zeebo on February 27, 2015, 02:15:54 PM
Thanks for posting the book cover, he'd described it on the show and it is pretty cool.

My pleasure, I'm glad you enjoy the cover too.

Do you know if Art ever interviewed Jacques Vallee?

EarthAlien007

Looks like a good weekend.  8)

True Crime & Bad Cops
Saturday - March 21, 2015
Hosted by George Knapp
Guest(s): David Yonke, William B. Scott

Journalist and author David Yonke joins George Knapp in the first half, to discuss the brutal slaying of Sister Margaret Ann Pahl. Yonke, who covered the case for the Toledo Blade, shares details of the ritual killing, and how later, Father Gerald Robinson, who presided over her funeral, was found guilty of the crime. In the latter half, author William Scott will discuss his campaign to force police to disclose the true number of people they kill every year, and why bad cops continue to be protected instead of arrested.

Mysterious Disappearances
Sunday - March 22, 2015
Hosted by George Knapp
Guest(s): David Paulides

Researcher and author David Paulides joins George Knapp to share even more bizarre stories of missing persons in national parks and forests throughout the United States. He'll describe additional victims and circumstances, while outlining several new geographical clusters where people have vanished without a trace.

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on March 20, 2015, 11:31:17 AM
Looks like a good weekend.  8)

True Crime & Bad Cops
Saturday - March 21, 2015
Hosted by George Knapp
Guest(s): David Yonke, William B. Scott

Journalist and author David Yonke joins George Knapp in the first half, to discuss the brutal slaying of Sister Margaret Ann Pahl. Yonke, who covered the case for the Toledo Blade, shares details of the ritual killing, and how later, Father Gerald Robinson, who presided over her funeral, was found guilty of the crime. In the latter half, author William Scott will discuss his campaign to force police to disclose the true number of people they kill every year, and why bad cops continue to be protected instead of arrested.

Mysterious Disappearances
Sunday - March 22, 2015
Hosted by George Knapp
Guest(s): David Paulides

Researcher and author David Paulides joins George Knapp to share even more bizarre stories of missing persons in national parks and forests throughout the United States. He'll describe additional victims and circumstances, while outlining several new geographical clusters where people have vanished without a trace.

Yes, indeed! Looking forward to it.

nbirnes

[This is in reply to EarthAlien007, above. I didn't hit the right buttons.]

Bill Scott lost his son, a West Point grad, to a police shooting in Las Vegas. He has written a wonderful fiction called The Permit as a result, and there's a great conspiracy sub-plot to his novel that adds another layer to this conversation about the new war-footing police.

UFQuack

Knapp Saturday Bonus!

Tonight is a show that says "you can't trust the costume too much". Whether it's a priest, police officer, business person, teacher, hooker...just kidding--them you can trust.

Morgus

George Knapp mentioned in addition to hosting both Sat&Sun this weekend, he will also host both Sat&Sun next weekend too!
Two Knapp double-headers in a row, for the first time...

136 or 142

Wilco and Billy Bragg did a great cover of "California Stars" for their album covering Woody Guthrie  songs "Mermaid Avenue"

https://youtu.be/gxzMbAMO73k
http://www.allmusic.com/album/mermaid-avenue-mw0000037153

BattyBrooke

Quote from: Morgus on March 21, 2015, 11:39:40 PM
George Knapp mentioned in addition to hosting both Sat&Sun this weekend, he will also host both Sat&Sun next weekend too!
Two Knapp double-headers in a row, for the first time...

Yessss! Knapp is bae.

PathoJen

Quote from: 136 or 142 on March 22, 2015, 12:45:57 AM
Wilco and Billy Bragg did a great cover of "California Stars" for their album covering Woody Guthrie  songs "Mermaid Avenue"

https://youtu.be/gxzMbAMO73k
http://www.allmusic.com/album/mermaid-avenue-mw0000037153

Love!

Gd5150

Nice to see Paulides will be on tomorrow night. It's been a while and his shows are always interesting and creepy.

WOTR

I'm a happy monkey!  Knapp followed by Knapp (a week of suck) and then... More Knapp followed by Knapp!!!
Quote from: UFQuack on March 21, 2015, 11:28:17 PM
Tonight is a show that says "you can't trust the costume too much". Whether it's a priest, police officer, business person, teacher, hooker...just kidding--them you can trust.
Unless it happens to be a chameleon... A police woman in the wrong uniform can get you arrested, if you trust a "hooker" too much. ;)

Morgus

Quote from: Gd5150 on March 22, 2015, 01:56:48 AM
Nice to see Paulides will be on tomorrow night. It's been a while and his shows are always interesting and creepy.
Yep, nice to see Paulides back with Knapp again.
When Noory "poached" him for a show it didn't compare with his original shows with Knapp as host...

Paulides is a BS'er of first order, but he was interesting at first.

WOTR

I would like to thank the callers tonight for proving Art's point that Coasts callers have went downhill... A long ways.  The last caller for the first guest would have spent ten minutes telling us over and over how disgusted and upset she was by the murdering priest (she was just so... upset.)  The last caller for the next guest urged us over and over to "not kill policemen."  Gee, thanks for that public service message. ::)

Knapp did well with the show, and I'm glad he still does open lines- but he has to start cutting these people off a little sooner as the rambling and covering the same point twenty times just hurts.  I think he keeps hoping that they may get to an intelligent point if he gives them time.  Sadly, most will not.

Quote from: wotr1 on March 22, 2015, 05:09:06 AM
I would like to thank the callers tonight for proving Art's point that Coasts callers have went downhill... A long ways.  The last caller for the first guest would have spent ten minutes telling us over and over how disgusted and upset she was by the murdering priest (she was just so... upset.)  The last caller for the next guest urged us over and over to "not kill policemen."  Gee, thanks for that public service message. ::)

Knapp did well with the show, and I'm glad he still does open lines- but he has to start cutting these people off a little sooner as the rambling and covering the same point twenty times just hurts.  I think he keeps hoping that they may get to an intelligent point if he gives them time.  Sadly, most will not.

He probably is told to open the lines. I don't think he should. Art is right about the call base..

PerfectTommy

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on March 22, 2015, 02:45:33 AM
Paulides is a BS'er of first order, but he was interesting at first.

Most of them are full of it, Paulides especially. Helps to think of them as spinners of tall tales.

Of course a lot of lamebrains out there actually take them seriously but whaddya gonna do?

Quote from: PerfectTommy on March 22, 2015, 07:32:52 AM
Helps to think of them as spinners of tall tales.

Good ol' Bill Brasky

Quote from: wotr1 on March 22, 2015, 05:09:06 AM

I've heard the weekend hosts don't control when the call is discontinued, apart from being able to interject and interrupt.  It's done by a producer at a remote location or something.

Nebraska888

I like David Paulides........and have no reason to discredit him....I look forward to tonight's program!

Two weekends with Knapp at the helm.........awesome!   ;)

Nebraska888

Quote from: Gd5150 on March 22, 2015, 01:56:48 AM

Yep.   ;)