• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

ItsOver

Quote from: Nebraska888 on December 21, 2014, 07:15:55 PM
Yes, this sounds like a very interesting program!   :)
I'm glad they didn't dump some obvious Noory-rejects on Knapp.    I'm always disappointed when Knapp is wasted on some less than quality guest.  Next to Ufology or Paulides, this sounds intriguing. 

qaddisin

So glad Knapp is doing this show. I've read/listened to interviews with tonight's guests in the past, and they're both intelligent, articulate, and serious about the subject without being obtuse. I'm not sure any of the other C2C hosts would do this program justice (perhaps Schrader, but the extraterrestrial topic doesn't seem to be in his wheelhouse).

Bart Ell

His name still makes me sleepy.

Catsmile

Open lines with Knapp...
Please dump the Jezus freak.
Saved by the break.

Holy crap is Knapp ever striking out with the first hour open lines tonight.

Quote from: Catsmile on December 22, 2014, 12:29:08 AM
Open lines with Knapp...
Please dump the Jezus freak.
Saved by the break.

But he was telling us how to open our penile gland.

Catsmile

Quote from: norrykilledc2c on December 22, 2014, 01:03:41 AM
But he was telling us how to open our penile gland.

He had me wanting to open it with a large blunt rock.

Catsmile

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on December 22, 2014, 12:49:12 AM
Holy crap is Knapp ever striking out with the first hour open lines tonight.

Not to take up for Knapp, but he played the hand he was dealt.
I never understood peoples love for open lines.
Art could sift out the diamonds.
For the most part thats exactly what it was like listening to someone sifting diamonds.   

Great show, so far. Nice to hear an intellect exchange that includes science and religion. Rare these days.

WOTR

Quote from: Catsmile on December 22, 2014, 01:17:14 AM
I never understood peoples love for open lines.
Tonight has been a great show so far (I skipped open lines as I refuse to listen to babble from every jackass with a phone.)  The bumper music is fitting, the guests are great, and the host is first class.  Yet another example of what the show could be and it stands in stark contrast to what the show has become.

I think my favourite part so far is when Knapp asked if one of them (and I am paraphrasing) "can tell me what was there before the big bang." and the simple answer was "no."  I really appreciated the honesty that even with one foot in the realm of science and one in the religious realm that they did not have the answer.

Juan

Where was Bill the AAA?

Quote from: wotr1 on December 22, 2014, 04:11:22 AM
Tonight has been a great show so far (I skipped open lines as I refuse to listen to babble from every jackass with a phone.)  The bumper music is fitting, the guests are great, and the host is first class.  Yet another example of what the show could be and it stands in stark contrast to what the show has become.

I think my favourite part so far is when Knapp asked if one of them (and I am paraphrasing) "can tell me what was there before the big bang." and the simple answer was "no."  I really appreciated the honesty that even with one foot in the realm of science and one in the religious realm that they did not have the answer.

I agree. I really enjoyed the conversation tonight; open, honest and unassuming. A very good show, overall.

Morgus

Quote from: Juan on December 22, 2014, 04:19:29 AM
Where was Bill the AAA?
Yeah I kept hoping he would call in, the guests referred to people like him.  8)

ItsOver

Quote from: FightTheFuture on December 22, 2014, 04:34:10 AM

I agree. I really enjoyed the conversation tonight; open, honest and unassuming. A very good show, overall.
I made it through the first three hours before crashing for the night.  Unfortunately, the first hour of open lines was dominated by Noory-listeners.  I'd advise Knapp to skip that next time, with the current overall state of C2C.

The other two hours went quickly.  I hope Knapp has these two back on and they're not poached by Noory.  I didn't stay up to see if Boring Bill called in.

Nebraska888

So true, Knapp doesn't understand what "OPEN LINES" has turned into.....a free for all of idiots, butt kissers, and looney tunes.  Compare today's callers to those of just a few years ago.  Noory actually had good callers in his early years, but he LOST them with his ineptitude.

Loved Sunday's program.  As usual, Knapp does his homework and provides the listeners with a great radio experience.

KNAPP ROCKS!   8)

Wouldn`t it have been nice to just have Knapp talk the first hour? I mean, tell some stories from the many years of investigative journalism. You know he has to have a million fascinating anecdotes.

DanTSX

Quote from: Nebraska888 on December 22, 2014, 01:44:28 PM
So true, Knapp doesn't understand what "OPEN LINES" has turned into.....a free for all of idiots, butt kissers, and looney tunes.  Compare today's callers to those of just a few years ago.  Noory actually had good callers in his early years, but he LOST them with his ineptitude.

Loved Sunday's program.  As usual, Knapp does his homework and provides the listeners with a great radio experience.

KNAPP ROCKS!   8)

Rose colored glasses syndrome

Open lines was always cat ladies and nuts

Nebraska888

Quote from: DanTSX on December 23, 2014, 12:47:26 AM

Rose colored glasses syndrome

Open lines was always cat ladies and nuts

Ha!  Well, perhaps you're right, but I just listened to SIT last Saturday and the callers were very articulate, bright, and interesting.  However, it wasn't open lines.  They were speaking with Father Malachi Martin. 

Whatever the case, open lines suck.   ;)

Nebraska888

We can look forward to Knapp this upcoming Sunday, December 28!

Sadly, we have Garr headed our way.  Her topics sound OK.  However her approach is so  NATIONAL PUBLIC RADIO(esque)......too deliberate, sweet, slow, politically correct, milquetoast....... :P

ItsOver

Jorch, Connie Wittless, Lee Cigar, just when the crapper is overflowing, thank goodness it's Knapp Night.

Nebraska888

Quote from: ItsOver on December 28, 2014, 01:49:23 PM
Jorch, Connie Wittless, Lee Cigar, just when the crapper is overflowing, thank goodness it's Knapp Night.

8)  :)  8)  :)  8)  :)  8)  :)  8)  :)  8)  :)

WOTR

IT looks like I am the first to comment for tonight... 

Overall, it is not a horrible show- but the guests have been a little... Monotone?  One guest has blended into another and my interest has wandered a little to surfing the web while listening and I have split my attention at times.

I will have to say that this is not an "instant classic"- but it is still very nice to have an informed, intelligent host with a natural curiosity.

Well worth a listen, overall.

AvDaBr

I'll say that "really cool" has been a bit overused by Mr Rojas.

expat

Hooray for a little skepticism (Lee Seigel). I liked the show.

Nebraska888

Quote from: expat on December 29, 2014, 09:03:04 AM
Hooray for a little skepticism (Lee Seigel). I liked the show.

So did I. 

zeebo

Another nice one last nite, even if one guest did my pet peeve of misusing the word "literally", when he said to Knapp "You literally just hit the nail on the head."  No man, it's not a home repair show.

WOTR

Quote from: zeebo on December 30, 2014, 01:33:28 AM
Another nice one last nite, even if one guest did my pet peeve of misusing the word "literally", when he said to Knapp "You literally just hit the nail on the head."  No man, it's not a home repair show.
Perhaps Pemrat has sent Knapp in to finish Jorch's Hawaiian studio and he was working on it during the interview?

Quote from: wotr1 on December 30, 2014, 05:43:16 PM
Perhaps Pemrat has sent Knapp in to finish Jorch's Hawaiian studio and he was working on it during the interview?

It couldn't be any worse than the old construction crew.  At the current rate of progress I think they only hit the nail on the head literally once every 1111 tries.  Then they bent it and had to get a new nail.  But this past fall they were called away to install the new webcam in Noory's L.A. studio. 

All of this explains why Noory can't believe humans were able to build the pyramids with terrestrial technology, and did it faster than his studio has been constructed.

Got to listen to the UFO and conspiracy show after the fact. I appreciated Lee Siegel's skepticism. I forgot who said it, but calling BS on the bullshittery that goes on makes those cases that can't be explained more compelling. Usually I don't like conspiracy guys, but the guy from ATS was interesting, and I always enjoy Alejandro Rojas. I'm going to have my son contact him. On parkway last month, he saw a low flying silver disc, quite large, over Queens that was traveling way too fast to be aircraft or a helicopter. Way too big to be someone's drone, too, and it made no noise nor had any visible wings or a rudder. Interesting, considering it flew over a densely populated area in the morning hours.

Hey! Hey! Tonight is Knappppp Ni....

....Oh, wait a minute; SH**! It`s the first Sunday of the month. DAMN!

:-[