• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

WildCard

Is Huff calling from the Moon?
He sound's like the parents on Charlie Brown.

BattyBrooke

Is it me, or does this guy sound like he's talking through an old Ma Bell telephone or a sham-wow rag? Not Bob, the other guy.

Quote from: WildCard on November 24, 2014, 12:48:27 AM

Quote from: BattyBrooke on November 24, 2014, 12:49:05 AM
Is it me, or does this guy sound like he's talking through an old Ma Bell telephone or a sham-wow rag? Not Bob, the other guy.

I was hoping it was just my tablet.

BattyBrooke

Quote from: WildCard on November 24, 2014, 12:48:27 AM

Precisely!!!! Omg this quote hahahaaa!!!! 

UFQuack

Why does Knapp promote Bob Lazar? Seems like he was just on! Yet in all the interviews he's done with him has he ever once brought up this little tidbit?

http://stantonfriedman.com/index.php?ptp=articles&fdt=2011.01.07

I think it'd be more interesting to have a debate show with Lazar vs Friedman.

area51drone

Quote from: zeebo on November 24, 2014, 12:43:28 AM
Wish Knapp would play this for bumper music tonite.  "They got a ranch they call ... Number 51."

"The Happening" -- The Pixies

sounds like that's going to happen

area51drone

Quote from: UFQuack on November 24, 2014, 01:02:38 AM
Why does Knapp promote Bob Lazar? Seems like he was just on! Yet in all the interviews he's done with him has he ever once brought up this little tidbit?

He has addressed this on coast.   Look at the UFO thread, this has been well discussed.

PChirp

Wish Knapp would play this for bumper music tonite.  "They got a ranch they call ... Number 51."

LOVE IT, Zeebo!   ;D ;D ;D

DanTSX

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on November 24, 2014, 12:22:58 AM
Lazar said it was 1am. He must be back at MIT, working on a second PhD.

Bob lives in Michigan now.

C2CAM starts at.............................1a.m. where he lives in Michigan.

DanTSX

Quote from: UFQuack on November 24, 2014, 01:02:38 AM

Knapp is the only journalist Lazar will communicate with.

I don't blame him.

And Friedman has a bone to pick with Lazar/Knapp, or really anyone else that he didn't discover himself. 

UFQuack

Quote from: area51drone on November 24, 2014, 01:10:50 AM
He has addressed this on coast.   Look at the UFO thread, this has been well discussed.

But still no debate with Friedman? Friedman goes on Coast, so does Lazar, what's the problem?

paladin1991

The Knappster.  He just does it right. 

UFQuack

Quote from: DanTSX on November 24, 2014, 01:13:33 AM

And Friedman has a bone to pick with Lazar/Knapp, or really anyone else that he didn't discover himself.

Knapp is friends with both Lazar and Friedman, seems like an opportunity to get them together if you ask me.

pate

The 'backwards' flag thing is easy (I think a normal flag is backwards after seeing it the Army way for so long...):

http://www.marlowwhite.com/faq/f-why-is-the-flag-patch-reversed.html

That is all.

Carry on,

area51drone

Quote from: UFQuack on November 24, 2014, 01:26:11 AM
But still no debate with Friedman? Friedman goes on Coast, so does Lazar, what's the problem?

My guess is Lazar has no desire.

area51drone

Got interrupted so I started over with CJOB's archive...  here's the video referenced by Knapp in the first couple minutes of the program

LAZAR WAS RIGHT Area 51/S4 Found!

Morgus

Interesting - tonight Knapp revealed he himself observed some element 115 effects 25 years ago when Lazar had some at his house for awhile...

Morgus

Did Knapp hint a special guest will join in later tonight?
Perhaps Lazar's buddy John Lear? ;)

area51drone

Quote from: Morgus on November 24, 2014, 02:28:15 AM
Interesting - tonight Knapp revealed he himself observed some element 115 effects 25 years ago when Lazar had some at his house for awhile...

Looking forward to hearing about that.    BTW: old bob lazar site:

http://web.archive.org/web/20000301063658/http://www.boblazar.com/protected/home.htm

Ask and yee shall receive

nextgen.fm

This Is a good show and topic

zeebo

Quote from: FightTheFuture on November 24, 2014, 03:01:42 AM
Ask and yee shall receive

Haha, nice!  They cut it off a bit too fast, but still cool he played it.  One cool song from Knapp undoes like 10 lame ones from Noory.   8)

area51drone

Arggh.... CJOB's archive is malfunctioning.   Anyone know of another way to get the show w/o waiting for it to be available through nefarious channels?

Quote from: zeebo on November 24, 2014, 03:14:34 AM
Haha, nice!  They cut it off a bit too fast, but still cool he played it.  One cool song from Knapp undoes like 10 lame ones from Noory.   8)

Yeah, I was hoping to hear a little bit more of it. It's a great song.

Man, I am marinating in geek afterglow. Great show, great time, wow.

Good night,  my fellow Knappyheads!

I have a bit of a bone to pick with Knapp.  He said if you type Area 51 into Google search you get 700 million results.  That's true, but if you put quotes around it, "Area 51", you only get 23 million results.  Area is a common word.  Minor nitpicking, I know, but it had to be said.

I enjoyed the show and I enjoyed listening to Bob Lazar after such a long time.

area51drone

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on November 24, 2014, 04:18:33 AM
I have a bit of a bone to pick with Knapp.  He said if you type Area 51 into Google search you get 700 million results.  That's true, but if you put quotes around it, "Area 51", you only get 23 million results.  Area is a common word.  Minor nitpicking, I know, but it had to be said.

I enjoyed the show and I enjoyed listening to Bob Lazar after such a long time.

Well, "fort knox" only comes up with 5.7 million, so his point is still valid.

zeebo

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on November 24, 2014, 04:18:33 AM
I have a bit of a bone to pick with Knapp.  He said if you type Area 51 into Google search you get 700 million results.  That's true, but if you put quotes around it, "Area 51", you only get 23 million results...

Believe it or not, I almost posted the same comment.  It's a pet peeve of mine since pretty much every time someone gives a google hits stat on a phrase, they've neglected the quotes. 

An an example of why it matters, if I search for "hot dog" without the quotes, I may get a result that says "On a hot day I took my dog to the beach."

WOTR

Really nice... I had never heard it.

On a side note- I think it has been a couple of weeks since I posted how much I enjoy a Knapp show.

zeebo

Quote from: FightTheFuture on November 24, 2014, 04:07:47 AM
...Man, I am marinating in geek afterglow. Great show, great time, wow.

Agreed, fun show tonite.  Knapp shows seem to be the only ones I end up listening to in their entirety, including intro, bumpers, and phone calls.

DanTSX

Quote from: area51drone on November 24, 2014, 01:43:23 AM
My guess is Lazar has no desire.

And I have no desire to hear it.

I don't think it would prove anything other than push Lazar away from future public engagements, and cause Friedman to bloviate more.

The arguments and defenses have been made by both sides.  Nothing new would come from it other than two angry, aging ufo figures over who has a better story.

And for what it is worth, Friedman has some credibility problems of his own and isn't the intellectual quite the intellectual heavyweight that he likes to portray.  That being said, he's the closest thing to a true academic in the small world of ufology, and his efforts shouldn't be dismissed, but the dude has a serious hard-on for Bob, and probably should just move on.