• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

Uncle Duke

Quote from: FightTheFuture on October 28, 2014, 10:53:54 AM

Nebraska, as a fellow Knappyhead, just wondering if you`re as excited as I am to hear from Bob Lazar next month on -- not sure which -- one of Knapp`s Sundays. I think it`ll be very entertaining, regardless of what anybody thinks of Lazar.

When Lazar has been on by himself with Knapp in the past, has he taken calls?  Seems like when he was on within the past year he didn't, but how about previously?  I think I recall he was on with George at least once with John Lear, but as usual Lear did most of the talking in responding to listeners' questions.

wr250

Quote from: Uncle Duke on October 28, 2014, 08:26:46 PM
When Lazar has been on by himself with Knapp in the past, has he taken calls?  Seems like when he was on within the past year he didn't, but how about previously?  I think I recall he was on with George at least once with John Lear, but as usual Lear did most of the talking in responding to listeners' questions.

lazar has only been on with knapp or bell. no other appearances on c2c. http://www.coasttocoastam.com/guest/lazar-bob/5916

Uncle Duke

Quote from: wr250 on October 28, 2014, 08:31:07 PM
lazar has only been on with knapp or bell. no other appearances on c2c. http://www.coasttocoastam.com/guest/lazar-bob/5916

Understood.  When I mentioned Lazar had been on along with Lear with "George" I meant George Knapp, not Noory.

Now that I think about that, a Lazar/Noory interview would be really  entertaining.

Quote from: Uncle Duke on October 28, 2014, 08:26:46 PM

Yeah, I recall Lazar being on with Lear, and they did field a few calls. Not many. But, as usual, Lear did most the talking.

I always like hearing from Bob Lazar. I think he just reminds me of a golden era in Coast to Coast AM history, if nothing else.

cweb

I have an old Lear/Lazar/Knapp show lying around somewhere. It was the 11-15-09 show and was pretty good.

Lazar did take some calls, but I don't remember anything as being particularly hard-hitting.

paladin1991

Quote from: WildCard on October 27, 2014, 10:46:29 AM
That's it.

If Knapp has more guests than air-time, he needs more air-time.
Well there's a no shitter.

paladin1991

Quote from: VtaGeezer on October 27, 2014, 11:06:57 AM
The contrast between the Georges is stark. Noory never lays the groundwork for a question the way Knapp does.  But I was disappointed in the cruise ship segment...it's an interesting issue but the guest was a dud and Knapp had to work hard to prop him up.  He could do it because he was prepared.  If Noory had hosted, Carver would have been dropped in the first hour.
The reason The Knapster was able to carry this interview was because, first and foremost, he IS a professional.  The ART of the interview is his craft.  It is truly what he does.  By it's mark you can take full measure of The Knapster.
But wait, I'm preaching to the choir.
Snoory?  It's like reading bad comic books.  Nothing else to read on the slow descent to hell.

washere

Lazar did knapp for safety and was persuaded to do Bell. He wouldn't talk to clowns unless paid a fortune which nobody will pay. He now says he's realized he was set up and used. He has said there is nothing left unsaid, no use for interviews and now he's got defense contracts.

paladin1991

Quote from: washere on October 30, 2014, 06:01:26 PM
Lazar did knapp for safety and was persuaded to do Bell. He wouldn't talk to clowns unless paid a fortune which nobody will pay. He now says he's realized he was set up and used. He has said there is nothing left unsaid, no use for interviews and now he's got defense contracts.
Gee whiz.  Used?  In this world?  He must be talking out of his ass.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: washere on October 30, 2014, 06:01:26 PM

So why then is Lazar doing his upcoming show with Knapp?

washere

Quote from: Uncle Duke on October 30, 2014, 06:37:56 PM
So why then is Lazar doing his upcoming show with Knapp?

Must have his reasons, he said once he only trusts knapp and Lear as they are friends and they put him in touch with Art and advised him to talk to Art too. Might be knapp asking a favor.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: washere on October 30, 2014, 07:18:13 PM
Must have his reasons, he said once he only trusts knapp and Lear as they are friends and they put him in touch with Art and advised him to talk to Art. Might be knapp asking a favor.

*laughs*  Yeah, Lazar must have his reasons for a lot of things he's said.

I guess I can understand trusting Knapp, but Lear?  Wow.

washere

Quote from: Uncle Duke on October 30, 2014, 07:29:27 PM
*laughs*  Yeah, Lazar must have his reasons for a lot of things he's said.

I guess I can understand trusting Knapp, but Lear?  Wow.

I think he trusts Lear more than knapp as they are very old friends but he has always said Lear is a genuine nutcase. IIRC Lear told him about knapp originally when he was shit scared and introduced them.

albrecht

He might be crazy, he might (likely) be bs. But I still like some of his stuff and thinking!

Homebuilt Jet Engine Go-Kart

Bob Lazar - Jet Car Race
(I personally like the propane tank fuel set up between the legs and in front of driver. F1 should relook at their safety crap, especially as I go tomorrow. Too much safety crap!
I look forward to interview.

Juan Cena

Quote from: paladin1991 on October 29, 2014, 09:21:27 AM
The reason The Knapster was able to carry this interview was because, first and foremost, he IS a professional.  The ART of the interview is his craft.  It is truly what he does.  By it's mark you can take full measure of The Knapster.
But wait, I'm preaching to the choir.
Snoory?  It's like reading bad comic books.  Nothing else to read on the slow descent to hell.

So We're comparing Snore to Nu-52 DC Comics now? Brilliant.

Nebraska888

Lear is one eccentric guy.........Lazar is interesting and I am still, after all these years, "on the fence" about the veracity of his claims at Area 51.  Stanton Friedman says Lazar is a complete fraud while Knapp contends that Lear and Lazar are credible.  I have respect for Stanton and Knapp.....it's a tough call.

I will try to listen to Noory tonight......he just isn't capable of pulling off a truly CREEPY program.  Schrader's program tomorrow night looks very promising.

Looks like  crazy ol` Jim Marrs is on the broadcast for Knapp night. Should be a wild ride! Looking forward to it.

Shout out to my fellow Knappyheads. Peeeeeeaaaccce.

ItsOver

Quote from: FightTheFuture on November 16, 2014, 03:42:39 PM
Looks like  crazy ol` Jim Marrs is on the broadcast for Knapp night. Should be a wild ride! Looking forward to it.

Shout out to my fellow Knappyheads. Peeeeeeaaaccce.
Back at you.  I'm going to "warm up" with a couple original "Outer  Limits" episodes one of the local OTA stations shows and then launch into Knapp.  Yes, I am a "wild and crazy guy."

Quote from: ItsOver on November 16, 2014, 04:35:09 PM
Back at you.  I'm going to "warm up" with a couple original "Outer  Limits" episodes one of the local OTA stations shows and then launch into Knapp.  Yes, I am a "wild and crazy guy."

Do you watch it on the this channel?  That's the one that shows it late Sunday where I live. I always liked the stories a lot better than the Twilight Zone's, even though the OL monsters were usually pretty cheesy. 

Quote from: ItsOver on November 16, 2014, 04:35:09 PM

Live large, my brother. And make no apologies for it. It`s Knapp night.

zeebo

Quote from: FightTheFuture on November 16, 2014, 04:48:50 PM
Live large, my brother. And make no apologies for it. It`s Knapp night.

Yep on Knapp nite we kick it up to 11.

ItsOver

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on November 16, 2014, 04:44:21 PM
Do you watch it on the this channel?  That's the one that shows it late Sunday where I live. I always liked the stories a lot better than the Twilight Zone's, even though the OL monsters were usually pretty cheesy.

You got it RGG, it's "This."  Completely agree with vs. Twilight Zone.  I love both but OL is a little more funky scifi with most episodes.  Kind of a similar vibe to '50s scifi flicks.  Plus it of course has the "liv'n my childhood again" thing going for me, too.  It was a really cool show back in the 60's, especially with the classic intro.

Quote from: ItsOver on November 16, 2014, 05:52:34 PM

You got it RGG, it's "This."  Completely agree with vs. Twilight Zone.  I love both but OL is a little more funky scifi with most episodes.  Kind of a similar vibe to '50s scifi flicks.  Plus it of course has the "liv'n my childhood again" thing going for me, too.  It was a really cool show back in the 60's, especially with the classic intro.

That intro scared the bejeebers out of me when I was a kid, because I thought they really were taking control of our TV!  I still get a little thrill from it every time it's on.

ItsOver

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on November 16, 2014, 06:11:02 PM
That intro scared the bejeebers out of me when I was a kid, because I thought they really were taking control of our TV!  I still get a little thrill from it every time it's on.
In my best Jorch voice "Haw, Haw, Haw..." :)

zeebo

So nice to just hear something different for bumper music instead of boilerplate Noory.  One thing I'm pretty sure of during a Knapp show is I won't hear that friggin whistling Scorpions ballad.

b_dubb

Knapp is kicking ass and taking names tonight. Hell yeah.

zeebo

In the same vein as my previous comment, Knapp just played some song - a collaboration between Paul McCartney and Steve Miller.  Wtf?  I never even knew they met much less recorded some song together.  Knapp, playing something interesting and cool, rather than Braindead Noory Filler again.  How refreshing.

On a side note.  I was going down the youtube music rabbit hole last night, and came across an Elvis Costello interview, where he mentioned jamming once in some after-hours venue with one Jerry Garcia.  Now that I would have loved to be there for.  Had no clue they even knew each other.

zeebo

Can someone please, for the love of God, exlplain to me the difference between the friggin Annunaki and the frackin Nephilim?  I honestly have no idea, and need to know.

Quote from: zeebo on November 17, 2014, 01:20:04 AM
Can someone please, for the love of God, exlplain to me the difference between the friggin Annunaki and the frackin Nephilim?  I honestly have no idea, and need to know.

I think the Annunaki are giant alien people from Neptune. The Nephilim are half-angels. Both are giants. Odin killed them all at some point.

zeebo

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on November 17, 2014, 01:30:55 AM
I think the Annunaki are giant alien people from Neptune. The Nephilim are half-angels. Both are giants. Odin killed them all at some point.

That kinda helps but not really since I always get Odin and Loki mixed up too.  I'll never get this figured out.