• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

Quote from: ZHero on October 20, 2014, 12:00:20 AM
Not much sleep to be had tonight.  Knapp doing what he does best.

Edit:  since I been on Dr. Black's Superfood, I been Blah Blah Blah blah!

"Texas superfooooooood.com"

Ahhhhhhhhh....I hate that ad!!!!

I learned one thing tonight, if nothing else. I did not know that LCO's had independent control of the missiles in their silos.

ZHero

Quote from: FightTheFuture on October 20, 2014, 12:21:10 AM
I learned one thing tonight, if nothing else. I did not know that LCO's had independent control of the missiles in their silos.

Yeah, knowing some of those guys back when I was in the ARMY, it's kind of disturbing.
Edit: I wish the guest would speak up a bit.

Juan Cena

Quote from: FightTheFuture on October 20, 2014, 12:15:25 AM

"Texas superfooooooood.com"

Ahhhhhhhhh....I hate that ad!!!!

What's exactly in Texas Superfood, anyway?

Spam?

Carnavora?

Turkey Sandwiches?

Pizza Rolls?

PEOPLE?

zeebo

Is this friggin Bill the AAA calling in?  He didn't announce his title as usual, but he's got that escalating frenetic long-winded question style. 

ZHero

Quote from: zeebo on October 20, 2014, 12:50:23 AM
Is this friggin Bill the AAA calling in?  He didn't announce his title as usual, but he's got that escalating frenetic long-winded question style.

That SOB is frothing at the mouth! WTF??  Is he stroking it?

paladin1991

I like the question about the Black Knight.  Too bad there wasn't an answer.

Why can't people just ask the damn question without giving a 25 minute soliloquy?

"Why yes, George, as a matter of fact, I do have a question. But first, let me start by putting your listening audience to sleep..."

zeebo

What a treat to hear an Elton song that isn't "Your Song" for a change. 

paladin1991

I'm listening on KFI.  They keep playing these bits fm other radio hosts in their stable.  I hate that shit. 

zeebo

Quote from: ZHero on October 20, 2014, 12:52:20 AM
That SOB is frothing at the mouth! WTF??  Is he stroking it?

The dude seriously needs some tranquilizers and possibly a cold shower too.

Quote from: zeebo on October 20, 2014, 01:13:56 AM
The dude seriously needs some tranquilizers and possibly a cold shower too.

I didn't hear the call, but I recall last time Bill phoned in he was pretty agitated too.

paladin1991

I'm done for the night.  NIght all.  Good night Knapster.

zeebo

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on October 20, 2014, 01:16:24 AM
I didn't hear the call, but I recall last time Bill phoned in he was pretty agitated too.

The thing is, sometimes he's got a decent question buried in there somewhere.  He just needs to chill out, edit the long preamble, drop all the references, and get to the friggin point.

Speaking as an in-the-tank "knappyhead", it was a fantastic show last night!

Uncle Duke

Really enjoyed the conversation with Robert Salas.  Salas kinda went off the rails late in the interview, however, when he told the story about his USAFA classmate whispering in his ear he was flying "MiGs", which Salas told us was Air Force speak for "UFOs".  That's silly, and I'm disappointed George didn't call him on it.  Of all people, George knows about the USAF flying captured MiGs at Groom Lake from the late 60s.  I can accept Salas didn't know it at the time (late 70s I think he said) as the program was highly classified, but for him to make such a claim now is beyond goofy.  George knows better.

I thought the second guest was the talk show guest equivalent of a junk ball pitcher in baseball.  He talked for almost two hours yet said nothing of any substance, mostly psychobabble and touchy-feely ramblings.  One of the last callers really nailed the guest about his ideas, but it was like he was Teflon coated and it just slipped off.  Ian Punnett would have eaten this guy alive.

Quote from: Uncle Duke on October 20, 2014, 04:36:07 PM
Really enjoyed the conversation with Robert Salas.  Salas kinda went off the rails late in the interview, however, when he told the story about his USAFA classmate whispering in his ear he was flying "MiGs", which Salas told us was Air Force speak for "UFOs".  That's silly, and I'm disappointed George didn't call him on it.  Of all people, George knows about the USAF flying captured MiGs at Groom Lake from the late 60s.  I can accept Salas didn't know it at the time (late 70s I think he said) as the program was highly classified, but for him to make such a claim now is beyond goofy.  George knows better.

I was wondering how he got away with that one without so much as a grunt from Knapp.  Either he likes this guy or didn't think it was worth confronting him on it.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on October 20, 2014, 04:43:04 PM
I was wondering how he got away with that one without so much as a grunt from Knapp.  Either he likes this guy or didn't think it was worth confronting him on it.

George wanted to leave Salas time to tell his abduction story.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Uncle Duke on October 20, 2014, 05:02:56 PM
George wanted to leave Salas time to tell his abduction story.
Yup.  This was hardcore, ol' time 1st person UFO stuff that GK knows is becoming rarer as Salas' generation in the USAF fades away; IOW, don't look a credible guest horse in the mouth.

Nebraska888

Enjoyed every second of Sunday night!   8)

b_dubb

Yeah so Knapp sent me a direct message today on Twitter.  If anyone wants something signed just send it to me and be sure to include some money.  And I'm not talking Taintco money either.  I am talking about the real thing.

WildCard

Who did Knapp have scheduled before, "Cryptids of the Southwest"?

It was something about demons and exorcism . . .

wr250

Quote from: b_dubb on October 22, 2014, 05:51:59 PM
Yeah so Knapp sent me a direct message today on Twitter.  If anyone wants something signed just send it to me and be sure to include some money.  And I'm not talking Taintco money either.  I am talking about the real thing.
so you want gold and not that worthless paper bush and obama have been printing up?

albrecht

Sounds like it is going to be a good show with Knapp tonight. The cruise ship, and your lack of rights or redress, stuff is pretty crazy. And cryptids can be fun with a good host and guest.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: albrecht on October 26, 2014, 11:26:22 AM
Sounds like it is going to be a good show with Knapp tonight. The cruise ship, and your lack of rights or redress, stuff is pretty crazy. And cryptids can be fun with a good host and guest.
I'm disappointed that the Vatican-UFO-alien segment has been dropped. Looked like an interesting topic with a serious guest.

albrecht

Quote from: VtaGeezer on October 26, 2014, 11:58:06 AM
I'm disappointed that the Vatican-UFO-alien segment has been dropped. Looked like an interesting topic with a serious guest.
The cryptids maybe not serious but I've heard some horror-stories about when cruises go bad. Rapes, missing people, even murders etc and the cruise-ship lines often won't report, won't cooperate, and legally the laws vary or you are under some local law that leads a lot to be desired.

Nebraska888

Quote from: albrecht on October 26, 2014, 11:26:22 AM

LOVE MY KNAPP NIGHTS!   8)

zeebo

Sign me up for Knapp's "Cryptids N' Cruises" show.