• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

Nebraska888

Thanks for the link for last night's program.  I haven't tried to find Knapp's programs on Coast lately.....however, the last time I did a search, I could not find any of them. 

I want to listen again, and again!!!  Knapp rocks.

zeebo

Quote from: Étouffée on July 28, 2014, 02:54:49 PM
Beautifully said, zeebo, and you make the point that a host's thoughtfully-chosen bumper music can  add immeasurably to a show.

Thanks Étouffée, and I agree, it's a nice detail that shows the host cares and is having fun putting it all together.  Makes you feel like you're a part of something with some creative thought behind it, as opposed to typical Noory style just spinning whatever generic over-played song that's on deck that night. 

Nebraska888

Quote from: zeebo on July 29, 2014, 12:22:48 AM
Thanks Étouffée, and I agree, it's a nice detail that shows the host cares and is having fun putting it all together.  Makes you feel like you're a part of something with some creative thought behind it, as opposed to typical Noory style just spinning whatever generic over-played song that's on deck that night.

AMEN!!!!!  (like.....Red Rubber Ball?????... ???)

b_dubb

What was the point of the recent show?  That Jacque Valle (sp?) is UFO Jesus?

Quote from: b_dubb on July 29, 2014, 08:05:17 PM

Jacques Vallee is trying to establish a scientific methodology for studying UFOs so it can be taken seriously by academics.  I thought it was pretty good but I didn't listen much after Lee Spiegel came on.  I wish I had because instead I made some dinner and got some food poisoning or something that knocked me out all day yesterday.  Ah well...

b_dubb

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on July 29, 2014, 08:15:02 PM
Jacques Vallee is trying to establish a scientific methodology for studying UFOs so it can be taken seriously by academics.  I thought it was pretty good but I didn't listen much after Lee Spiegel came on.  I wish I had because instead I made some dinner and got some food poisoning or something that knocked me out all day yesterday.  Ah well...
What new protocol do we really need for UFO investigation? We use science to observe phenomena all the time.  That's not satisfactory?

Quote from: b_dubb on July 29, 2014, 08:38:52 PM
What new protocol do we really need for UFO investigation? We use science to observe phenomena all the time.  That's not satisfactory?

If I understand this correctly, there are over 2,000 compelling UFO cases with the data spread across data bases, plus reports of sightings going back for centuries. Historical reports of UFOs have never been formally researched.  What this meeting called for was gathering all this data and analyzing it. He threw out a couple of possibilities: UFO hotspots, physical evidence gathered from reported landings like change in plants, soil.  etc. Are there similarities in events like these, and can they be used to predict where UFO sightings might be more likely to appear? Are there similar patterns to scorch marks? Those were just a couple of examples. The actual proposal is for a worldwide data base that will take all this data and  be used to predict trends, find patterns and similarities. and put a unified, global perspective on the phenomenon.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on July 30, 2014, 12:01:22 AM
If I understand this correctly, there are over 2,000 compelling UFO cases with the data spread across data bases, plus reports of sightings going back for centuries. Historical reports of UFOs have never been formally researched.  What this meeting called for was gathering all this data and analyzing it. He threw out a couple of possibilities: UFO hotspots, physical evidence gathered from reported landings like change in plants, soil.  etc. Are there similarities in events like these, and can they be used to predict where UFO sightings might be more likely to appear? Are there similar patterns to scorch marks? Those were just a couple of examples. The actual proposal is for a worldwide data base that will take all this data and  be used to predict trends, find patterns and similarities. and put a unified, global perspective on the phenomenon.

Hadn't Steven Greer done all that at $2000 a visit to his ranch?

BobGrau

Quote from: b_dubb on July 29, 2014, 08:05:17 PM

They were just having a good old yap about ufos. What more point do you need?

EDIT: hey, Knapp's about to hit 100 pages!

RedMichael

Quote from: b_dubb on July 29, 2014, 08:38:52 PM

I liked his question of "Why are there no good photos of UFOs?". I was excited to here a ufo believer ask that. Of course he turned right around and said "They must be keeping us from taking good pictures somehow!"

But hey...keep going that way.

Nebraska888

Knapp tonight!   ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

zeebo

Quote from: Nebraska888 on August 17, 2014, 04:13:27 PM
Knapp tonight!  ...

Looks interesting: ufo disclosure + comparative religions.  Good mix.  And 100% Noory-free!  (except for the occasional Noor-mercial.)

Nebraska888

Quote from: zeebo on August 17, 2014, 07:08:46 PM
Looks interesting: ufo disclosure + comparative religions.  Good mix.  And 100% Noory-free!  (except for the occasional Noor-mercial.)

You got it, friend!!!!   ;D

gnooryblows

its been a wonderful week and a half or so for Coast.
Noory has not hosted most of the shows.

Nebraska888

Knapp rocked Sunday night!  He's just the BEST!   8)

zeebo

Neb, once again ... you are correct.   :D 

Good show last nite.  I especially enjoyed the second guest and the conversation about mystical realms and experiences.  In lesser hands it could have gone astray but Knapp kept the conversation on track. 

Nebraska888

Quote from: zeebo on August 19, 2014, 12:25:43 AM
Neb, once again ... you are correct.   :D 

Good show last nite.  I especially enjoyed the second guest and the conversation about mystical realms and experiences.  In lesser hands it could have gone astray but Knapp kept the conversation on track.

Yes, Knapp understands and utilizes the principles of interviewing with subtle skill which makes it sound effortless. On the other hand,  Noory continually keeps his listeners anticipating ANOTHER GAFFE which creates tension and irritation rather than listening enjoyment.

zeebo

Quote from: Nebraska888 on August 19, 2014, 12:28:53 PM
....Noory continually keeps his listeners anticipating ANOTHER GAFFE which creates tension and irritation rather than listening enjoyment.

Noory, the king of irritainment

paladin1991

Damn near 100 pages for the Knapster.

Nebraska888

Knapp tonight........ 8)

zeebo

Quote from: Nebraska888 on August 24, 2014, 12:51:05 PM
Knapp tonight....

Sounds like a promising show - from astrobiology to headhunters.   Go get 'em, Knapp!

Looking forward to the Michael Rockefeller story. No one really knew what happened to him, or wanted to say, at the time but this journalist has uncovered compelling evidence that he was grabbed by headhunters. Even as fiction it would be hard to believe that something so horrible  could happen to the son of a powerful US governor and all because of payback. It's a gruesome, disturbing story.

zeebo

Man, Knapp really knows how to set the atmosphere with his intros.  So much better than boilerplate Noory.

yumyumtree

This is a pretty good guest and topic, but it's 20 minutes to midnight and he hasn't really gotten into the Rockefeller case. I realize that he probably doesn't want to tell so much that people won't have an incentive to buy his book, but still.

zeebo

This second hour is providing more info.  I'm intrigued.  But I'm a pushover for these kinds of exotic tales.

zeebo

"Roam" by the B-52's.  Haha, great bumper music. "Roam, if you want to ...." (Not after this story.)

WOTR

Quote from: paladin1991 on August 20, 2014, 04:54:28 AM
Damn near 100 pages for the Knapster.
Yup, 100 pages in a decade.  John B Wells was on for a few months when his thread hit a hundred pages.  Anybody wonder why Pemrat thinks that using crap hosts is better and generates more "buzz" than a good host?
Quote from: Unscreened Caller on August 24, 2014, 11:06:05 PM
Looking forward to the Michael Rockefeller story. No one really knew what happened to him, or wanted to say, at the time but this journalist has uncovered compelling evidence that he was grabbed by headhunters. Even as fiction it would be hard to believe that something so horrible  could happen to the son of a powerful US governor and all because of payback. It's a gruesome, disturbing story.
Thanks for the heads up.  I missed a little of the interview but caught most of it.  Another good night for George.  I love when he says that "(he) just finished the book today."  I do not think I have heard Noory utter that phrase (too bad he did not interview Dr. Seuss...)

Izintit?

I enjoyed the guest talking about Michael Rockefeller. Years ago when I had heard he died of consumption I thought they meant  TB .