• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

Gd5150

Well Knapp is sick but will be back eventually according to Noory. Get well soon Mr Knapp.

zeebo

Quote from: Gd5150 on January 04, 2014, 03:34:19 AM
Well Knapp is sick but will be back eventually according to Noory. Get well soon Mr Knapp.

Yes I heard this too, and apparently he's been missing his regular Vegas gig as well, so it's not a minor issue, but Noory expects him back in the "foreseeable future".   Hope all turns out ok for him.

Nebraska888

WE MISS YOU, MR. KNAPP!!!!  REST, RECOVER, AND RETURN!    ;)

Morgus

Yep Noory mentioned Knapp again near the end of the show last night, saying many people have been emailing about him.
But Noory still refused to give any details about Knapp's illness or condition.
John B. Wells was the only c2c host to give more details - mentioning a rumor recently that Knapp may have a bout with kidney stones.

DanTSX

Quote from: Morgus on January 04, 2014, 04:18:48 PM
Yep Noory mentioned Knapp again near the end of the show last night, saying many people have been emailing about him.
But Noory still refused to give any details about Knapp's illness or condition.
John B. Wells was the only c2c host to give more details - mentioning a rumor recently that Knapp may have a bout with kidney stones.

Maybe Noory put a hex on him like he admitted to doing to others in his book, "Shcmuck in the Light"

Morgus

Quote from: DanTSX on January 04, 2014, 07:53:24 PM
Maybe Noory put a hex on him like he admitted to doing to others in his book, "Shcmuck in the Light"
Yep, is it a coincidence that both George Knapp and Ian Punnett got ill in December and couldn't host last month?
Noory had to step in and put in his own selected guests hosts...

Gd5150

Quote from: Morgus on January 05, 2014, 12:49:06 AM
Yep, is it a coincidence that both George Knapp and Ian Punnett got ill in December and couldn't host last month?
Noory had to step in and put in his own selected guests hosts...

Must be George's new feature "emerging hosts".

ItsOver

Quote from: Gd5150 on January 05, 2014, 04:07:39 AM
Must be George's new feature "emerging hosts".

Speaking of "emerging," guess who's on tonight to treat everybody to the submerging artists once again.  Yes, it's that wonderful first Sunday of the month with Jorch.  Oh, joy.  I sure hope Knapp bounces back and is able to resume doing his several Sundays a month.  I hate to think what "delights" Noory has up his sleeve if Knapp can't come back this month.

Quote from: ItsOver on January 05, 2014, 08:24:14 AM
Speaking of "emerging," guess who's on tonight to treat everybody to the submerging artists once again.  Yes, it's that wonderful first Sunday of the month with Jorch.  Oh, joy.  I sure hope Knapp bounces back and is able to resume doing his several Sundays a month.  I hate to think what "delights" Noory has up his sleeve if Knapp can't come back this month.

What a disappointment. I clicked on here hoping to see a message that GK was back...and to suddenly realize it`s  Noory`s turn...damn...just...damn.

ItsOver

Noory will probably make it extra "speshial" tonight, since it's not only his first Sunday of the month show, it's also his first Sunday show of 2014.  Extra helpings of Springheel Jack and UFO Phil for all!  ;)

wr250

Quote from: ItsOver on January 05, 2014, 08:42:01 AM
Noory will probably make it extra "speshial" tonight, since it's not only his first Sunday of the month show, it's also his first Sunday show of 2014.  Extra helpings of Springheel Jack and UFO Phil for all!  ;)

and thats just the 1st hour. the last 3 hours will be quayle and jones trying to out talk each other.

Nebraska888

Quote from: FightTheFuture on January 05, 2014, 08:31:32 AM

What a disappointment. I clicked on here hoping to see a message that GK was back...and to suddenly realize it`s  Noory`s turn...damn...just...damn.

Triple damn.    >:(

Gd5150

Quote from: ItsOver on January 05, 2014, 08:42:01 AM

That UFO Phil song epitomizes Noory. I remember the 1st time I heard it i thought it was a joke. How can anyone take the subject or show seriously with that steaming pile of poop song played. I'm guessing the 1st time he heard that song was the last time Art listened. I can't imagine any of the other hosts touching that song. It's painful.

Nebraska888

Quote from: Gd5150 on January 05, 2014, 12:25:55 PM
That UFO Phil song epitomizes Noory. I remember the 1st time I heard it i thought it was a joke. How can anyone take the subject or show seriously with that steaming pile of poop song played. I'm guessing the 1st time he heard that song was the last time Art listened. I can't imagine any of the other hosts touching that song. It's painful.

Quadruple damn!   That UFO Phil sh#$ is a complete embarrassment.

zeebo

Quote from: Nebraska888 on January 05, 2014, 12:37:19 PM
Quadruple damn!   That UFO Phil sh#$ is a complete embarrassment.

Ok I admit I giggled at it the first couple times I heard it (in a so-bad-its-good kind of way).  Now I cringe whenever it comes on.  I cringe at alot of Noory bumper music though. 

Actually that reminds me something else I like about Knapp.  First, he's got pretty cool taste in music.  And moreover often he'll give a little backstory about a bumper song, and mention maybe what he likes about it.  It's just one of those details that shows he's enjoying putting the show together, and he actually cares about what he's doing.

Noory's attitude seems more like "Whatever, just play anything as I don't really care and just want to check my email during break."

Nebraska888

Quote from: zeebo on January 05, 2014, 01:04:41 PM
Ok I admit I giggled at it the first couple times I heard it (in a so-bad-its-good kind of way).  Now I cringe whenever it comes on.  I cringe at alot of Noory bumper music though. 

Actually that reminds me something else I like about Knapp.  First, he's got pretty cool taste in music.  And moreover often he'll give a little backstory about a bumper song, and mention maybe what he likes about it.  It's just one of those details that shows he's enjoying putting the show together, and he actually cares about what he's doing.

Noory's attitude seems more like "Whatever, just play anything as I don't really care and just want to check my email during break."

Agreed........Noory has NO taste in music......and, is CLUELESS about the "story behind the music".  Knapp is just one cool person.  8)       Noory is a simpleton.   :-\

ItsOver

Quote from: zeebo on January 05, 2014, 01:04:41 PM
... It's just one of those details that shows he's enjoying putting the show together, and he actually cares about what he's doing.

Noory, at best, is always just going through the motions.  He's rarely really interested in anything paranormal.  Most of the time, he doesn't even try to fake any interest and, if he does, it just SOUNDS fake and phony.  I think he personally is just laughing to himself that he can't believe he's getting paid pretty damn decently for doing his amateur hour routine.  I can't believe even Noory doesn't know how UFO Phil is so damn bad and old.  He probably enjoys having it routinely played just to shove it everybody's face.

"Sepsis is a serious medical condition caused by an overwhelming immune response to infection. Chemicals released into the blood to fight infection trigger widespread inflammation..."

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/sepsis-septicemia-blood-infection

Quote from: ItsOver on January 08, 2014, 02:16:28 PM
Noory, at best, is always just going through the motions.  He's rarely really interested in anything paranormal.  Most of the time, he doesn't even try to fake any interest and, if he does, it just SOUNDS fake and phony.  I think he personally is just laughing to himself that he can't believe he's getting paid pretty damn decently for doing his amateur hour routine.  I can't believe even Noory doesn't know how UFO Phil is so damn bad and old.  He probably enjoys having it routinely played just to shove it everybody's face.
Noory goes through the motions. He's a figurehead.. an empty suit.. Knapp is the last remaining MAN. And pray he gets well soon..

georgesucks

any word about Mr Knapp??

Quote from: Gd5150 on January 05, 2014, 12:25:55 PM
Exactly.
I discovered C2C very late, when Art was hosting Saturday nights. I enjoyed the non-mainstream topics and Art's inquisitive style of interviewing. Sometime later I started listening to weekdays with Mushmouth. At first I thought he was purposely dumbing down the show to attract a larger audience, but it soon became clear that he is just a buffoon without a clue. UFO Phil's song sums it all up- a ghey, childish, self-indulgent pile of shit.

Quote from: c337pilot on January 10, 2014, 12:05:04 AM
any word about Mr Knapp??
He is improving and working part time. I spoke with him as he didn't give me much permission to , so I will not spill the beans too much, I am sure he would rather tell people when he gets back as to what occurred. But he had a life threatening illness, and he is now improving.

ItsOver

Quote from: HorrorReporter on January 10, 2014, 08:31:35 AM
He is improving and working part time. I spoke with him as he didn't give me much permission to , so I will not spill the beans too much, I am sure he would rather tell people when he gets back as to what occurred. But he had a life threatening illness, and he is now improving.

So glad to hear he's improving.  Get well soon, Mr. Knapp.

b_dubb

Knapp had sepsis? Holy hell! Knapp never really looked like someone that took care of themselves.  He's the hard nosed reporter that eats doughnuts and cheeseburgers and drinks black coffee all day and night.  Which might make you a kick ass reporter.  But would also make you a very sick monkey.

Be well Knapp.

cweb

Quote from: HorrorReporter on January 10, 2014, 08:31:35 AM
Glad to hear he is improving! I'm sure you sent along our best wishes to Mr. Knapp!

I hope GK is back in good health soon. I have a feeling I know what was ailing him, and it`s pretty tough sledding.

b_dubb

Quote from: FightTheFuture on January 10, 2014, 01:00:17 PM
I hope GK is back in good health soon. I have a feeling I know what was ailing him, and it`s pretty tough sledding.
He had a George Noory obstructing his bowel?

Nebraska888

Come back soon, Mr. Knapp.   8)