Author Topic: George Knapp  (Read 749342 times)

Re: George Knapp
« Reply #9600 on: November 26, 2018, 12:43:22 AM »
Damn commercial-fest.

« Reply #9601 on: November 26, 2018, 01:02:10 AM »
Damn commercial-fest.

But at least Good George is in between them.
I feel sorry for those who listen when Dumb George is on during week days and have the same load of commercials.
Pure slaughter of senses. I'm glad I stopped listening to him almost two years ago.

« Reply #9602 on: November 26, 2018, 01:58:20 AM »
For his age Bob has very strong energetic voice.

« Reply #9603 on: November 26, 2018, 03:26:15 AM »
But at least Good George is in between them.
I feel sorry for those who listen when Dumb George is on during week days and have the same load of commercials.
Pure slaughter of senses. I'm glad I stopped listening to him almost two years ago.

Same here, I can deal with the crapload of commercials when George Knapp is hosting. Noory doesn't get any of my listening time unless he has a very worthwhile guest. I remember when Art quit and Premier came to visit him willing to offer a huge figure to entice Art to return. Art said no, he didn't need the money but wanted less commercials. Premier agreed and Art returned but when Noory took over the extra junk commercials came back.

« Reply #9604 on: November 26, 2018, 05:10:38 AM »
Same here, I can deal with the crapload of commercials when George Knapp is hosting. Noory doesn't get any of my listening time unless he has a very worthwhile guest. I remember when Art quit and Premier came to visit him willing to offer a huge figure to entice Art to return. Art said no, he didn't need the money but wanted less commercials. Premier agreed and Art returned but when Noory took over the extra junk commercials came back.
It seems the same with many things.  Most daytime radio talk shows have an unbelievable number of commercials now.  I'm a fan of college football but have about given up on watching it real time.  It's become a commercial festival, interrupted briefly by football.  I've started DVR'ing games so I can fast forward through all the damn crap.  A 3 to 4 hour games shrinks down to around 2 hours or less.  Plus, today's commercials absolutely suck for entertainment value.

« Reply #9605 on: November 26, 2018, 11:58:12 AM »
Made it through Knappís intro. Will listen to the Lazar content tonight utilizing my ďinsiderĒ access.

« Reply #9606 on: November 26, 2018, 12:43:14 PM »
It seems the same with many things.  Most daytime radio talk shows have an unbelievable number of commercials now.  I'm a fan of college football but have about given up on watching it real time.  It's become a commercial festival, interrupted briefly by football.  I've started DVR'ing games so I can fast forward through all the damn crap.  A 3 to 4 hour games shrinks down to around 2 hours or less.  Plus, today's commercials absolutely suck for entertainment value.

Ditto all of the above. And NFL games are worse because every single damned touchdown has to have a choreographed dance routine for the TeeVee cameras afterward. Unless you're white.

White guys just act like they've been there before. Not like a flock of childish magpies. :-\

« Reply #9607 on: November 26, 2018, 12:57:00 PM »
Ditto all of the above. And NFL games are worse because every single damned touchdown has to have a choreographed dance routine for the TeeVee cameras afterward. Unless you're white.

White guys just act like they've been there before. Not like a flock of childish magpies. :-\
Ha!  True, dat.  I gave up on the NFL quite some time ago.

« Reply #9608 on: November 26, 2018, 01:09:57 PM »
Ha!  True, dat.  I gave up on the NFL quite some time ago.

Itís rare I care about who wins these days. But fantasy has changed football. So much more enjoyable. And the coverage provided by fantasy analyst podcasts focuses entirely on the game on the field, the players and their stats. The superficial media created crap is ignored. As are the stupid ass celebration skits. Itís great.

If not for fantasy/Vegas the sport itself is done.

« Reply #9609 on: November 26, 2018, 01:11:57 PM »
Whatís funny about the Lazar story, itís coming up on the 30th anniversary. In 30 years there hasnít been anyone else to pull a Lazar. Thatís pretty odd. No one?

« Reply #9610 on: November 26, 2018, 11:08:45 PM »
In 30 years there hasnít been anyone else to pull a Lazar. Thatís pretty odd. No one?

He's still alive and clearly still following orders--why would They need another one?

« Reply #9611 on: November 26, 2018, 11:13:45 PM »
I fell asleep, I believe shortly after Lazar finally got on air.  Seemed like from the 1 hour run-up to Lazar it was basically going to be a 4-hour commercial for some forthcoming documentary about the guy.

Did I miss anything spectacular?

« Reply #9612 on: November 26, 2018, 11:15:27 PM »

I fell asleep during the fifty-third commercial, so I'm not one to know.

Oh boy, another limited hangout, I can hardly wait!!!

My experience was all that I had hoped for.

« Reply #9613 on: November 27, 2018, 04:17:03 PM »
I fell asleep, I believe shortly after Lazar finally got on air.  Seemed like from the 1 hour run-up to Lazar it was basically going to be a 4-hour commercial for some forthcoming documentary about the guy.

It was more a four hour continuous bait & switch commercial for Corbell's upcoming film than a good interview.  The discussion on any number of points went so far, then Corbell would say, "Buy the film to find out." Corbell has always struck me as a bit of a flim-flam artist, and Knapp drops all pretense of being an objective journalist with his UFO guests, especially Lazar and Lear.  At one point Corbell just flat said he didn't care about the things Lazar has lied about, it's his story that's important.  Corbell also showed he has less knowledge of chemistry than the average 7th grader, he talked about isotopes like they were some recent Nobel Prize level discovery. 

« Reply #9614 on: November 27, 2018, 04:18:49 PM »
He's still alive and clearly still following orders--why would They need another one?

Sound observation. :-X

« Reply #9615 on: November 27, 2018, 04:22:05 PM »
It was more a four hour continuous bait & switch commercial for Corbell's upcoming film than a good interview.  The discussion on any number of points went so far, then Corbell would say, "Buy the film to find out." Corbell has always struck me as a bit of a flim-flam artist, and Knapp drops all pretense of being an objective journalist with his UFO guests, especially Lazar and Lear.  At one point Corbell just flat said he didn't care about the things Lazar has lied about, it's his story that's important.  Corbell also showed he has less knowledge of chemistry than the average 7th grader, he talked about isotopes like they were some recent Nobel Prize level discovery.

I had high hopes...but was disappointed too.

« Reply #9616 on: December 05, 2018, 12:46:22 PM »
Corbell's got the best gay lisp in the UFO community - I'll give him that. Runner up: Alejandro Rojas, third place Dr. J.

« Reply #9617 on: December 05, 2018, 12:49:29 PM »
Corbell's got the best gay lisp of the UFO community - I'll give him that. Runner up: Alejandro Rojas, third place Dr. J.

Lol Rojas...lol!

;)