• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

Juan Cena

Quote from: ItsOver on November 26, 2016, 04:07:13 PM
Yes, indeed.  What a helluva game!  I got a laugh when Urban hit the field face-first in emotional exhaustion at the end. :)

A better insult would be "Jim Harbaugh is Team Instinct."

ItsOver

Quote from: Juan Cena on November 27, 2016, 02:41:17 AM

A better insult would be "Jim Harbaugh is Team Instinct."
Urban's wife trolls Harbaugh.  "Honey, please bring some milk home."  ;D

http://youtu.be/gT4xVttenYk

Nebraska888

Knapp Night.....and, it looks like a good one!

zeebo

This first guest is a drag ... C'mon Knapp, bring on the good stuff.  I got in my jammies too early for this.   ;D

Quote from: zeebo on November 28, 2016, 12:53:20 AM
This first guest is a drag ... C'mon Knapp, bring on the good stuff.  I got in my jammies too early for this.   ;D

Seriously.  I don't know what his fascination with washed-up musicians is, but as it is we don't get enough Knapp shows - there's no need for filler segments like this when he's on.

WOTR

Quote from: zeebo on November 28, 2016, 12:53:20 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one.  I had resisted posting because I figured maybe people were enjoying it.  But the first guest has become "background noise."  Something that I expect from a Noory show, but not from Knapp.

I suppose they cannot all be home runs.  :-\

Morgus

Finally the first hour is over - bring on the main UFO event now for 3 hours!

zeebo

Quote from: WOTR on November 28, 2016, 01:04:29 AM
I suppose they cannot all be home runs.  :-\

Yep but I'll take a Knapp single over a Noory walk anytime.   ;)   Enjoying this meatier part of the show now though. 

WOTR

Quote from: zeebo on November 28, 2016, 01:50:56 AM
Yep but I'll take a Knapp single over a Noory walk anytime.   ;)   Enjoying this meatier part of the show now though.
It's getting better.  I suppose I should not have been so cruel.  I did not mean to imply that Knapp had sunk to Noory's level- only that the guest made me "tune out."

zeebo

Quote from: WOTR on November 28, 2016, 01:59:36 AM
It's getting better.  I suppose I should not have been so cruel.  I did not mean to imply that Knapp had sunk to Noory's level- only that the guest made me "tune out."

Nah I was just pointing out the obvious, one of my gifts.  :D  I tuned out too .. and got the distinct impression that Knapp's "We'll talk soon" was more of a "Yeah I'll be in touch sometime or maybe never".   ;)

ItsOver

Thanks, Jorch, for cursing every host, including Knapp, with "The Shplit Show."

albrecht

Weird Knapp repeating himself in a loop after the Pink Floyd bumper during the Eno section of the show. At least on the recorded version, not sure if it was "live" like that.

Uncle Duke

Knapp sounded like he was glad to get rid of the first hour guest.  Don't know if it was because he wanted to get on to the next guests or because he found the guy as self serving and dull as apparently a number of us here did.  Probably both.

I don't know which I find more annoying, the David Paulides of the world who refuse to even speculate on the hows/whys of stuff they write about or "investigators" like these Eno guys who have an explaination for everything.  All the more irksome was their point of making their lack of education in the areas they are using to explain much of the paranormal as a positive.  Not an exact quote, but the elder Eno said something like "We didn't learn what we know in some classroom, we learned it by observing".  They reminded me of a father and son who own various new and used car dealerships/lots here locally.  The father always stuck me as untrustworthy on his TV commercials, the son upped the ante when he started doing commercials by coming across as an arrogant asshole as well to being dishonest. 

ItsOver

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 28, 2016, 01:00:32 PM
... They reminded me of a father and son who own various new and used car dealerships/lots here locally.  The father always stuck me as untrustworthy on his TV commercials, the son upped the ante when he started doing commercials by coming across as an arrogant asshole as well to being dishonest.
Uncle Duke!  ;D  First I caught you wondering why aliens weren't battling it over the leaden skies of Ohio's paradise, Cleveland, and now you know of dishonest, untrustworthy car dealers?   I am shocked, sir.  ;)   ;D

Uncle Duke

Quote from: ItsOver on November 28, 2016, 01:14:30 PM
Uncle Duke!  ;D  First I caught you wondering why aliens weren't battling it over the leaden skies of Ohio's paradise, Cleveland, and now you know of dishonest, untrustworthy car dealers?   I am shocked, sir.  ;)   ;D

Even worse.  I bought my first ever car from the father mentioned above when I graduated college.  Live and learn, I suppose.

ItsOver

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 28, 2016, 01:17:46 PM
Even worse.  I bought my first ever car from the father mentioned above when I graduated college.  Live and learn, I suppose.
Ha!  Nothing like the "school of hard-knocks."  :)

CornyCrow

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 28, 2016, 01:00:32 PM
Knapp sounded like he was glad to get rid of the first hour guest.  Don't know if it was because he wanted to get on to the next guests or because he found the guy as self serving and dull as apparently a number of us here did.  Probably both.

I don't know which I find more annoying, the David Paulides of the world who refuse to even speculate on the hows/whys of stuff they write about or "investigators" like these Eno guys who have an explaination for everything.  All the more irksome was their point of making their lack of education in the areas they are using to explain much of the paranormal as a positive.  Not an exact quote, but the elder Eno said something like "We didn't learn what we know in some classroom, we learned it by observing".  They reminded me of a father and son who own various new and used car dealerships/lots here locally.  The father always stuck me as untrustworthy on his TV commercials, the son upped the ante when he started doing commercials by coming across as an arrogant asshole as well to being dishonest.
I actually found them refreshing and interesting.  Their approach is the thing that many find useful in other traditions, such as religion.  Just take a step back and look at what is actually happening.  Ask questions, like what sort of god would demand sacrifices?  Why is death, pain, and suffering something that a god would want?  How in heck would that influence bad weather or people's sins - how could these things be connected at all? 

I never expect a book or person to have all the answers.  I just appreciate minds that see the world a bit differently than I do.  It stimulates ideas and thought. 
I was going to buy the book but it is not available in kindle and I try not to get paper books unless I need the illustrations or artwork. 

CornyCrow

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 28, 2016, 01:17:46 PM
Sorry for your loss.

zeebo

Quote from: Segundus on November 28, 2016, 03:29:28 PM
I actually found them refreshing and interesting.  Their approach is the thing that many find useful in other traditions, such as religion.  Just take a step back and look at what is actually happening....

Yeah I agree, however the caveat is such researchers referencing anecdotes as solid proof which is a bit of a stretch.

Dr. MD MD

Maybe I was just in a mood or something but I was starting to find their stories genuinely scary. Probably just me.

zeebo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 28, 2016, 04:27:02 PM
Maybe I was just in a mood or something but I was starting to find their stories genuinely scary. Probably just me.

I was still rattled by the tales from Schrader's Fri. nite show, so might have been immune last nite. :-\

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: zeebo on November 28, 2016, 04:36:12 PM
I was still rattled by the tales from Schrader's Fri. nite show, so might have been immune last nite. :-\

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying I believe it, just that they can across as good campfire stories and I was letting my imagination run wild.  ;)

CornyCrow

The book by the Eno people, 'Behind the Paranormal:  Everything you know is wrong'  is already out of stock in Amazon.  Maybe they'll come back with a kindle version.  I wonder if they did not know the response they'd get from appearing on C2C?

MrHippie

If you are looking for George Knapp shows
here is the link you want.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/george-knapp-shows

-

Here are the Knapp shows from the last few months.

-
Paranormal Connections
Date
Sunday - November 27, 2016
Host
George Knapp
Guests
Paul F. Eno,  Benjamin Eno,  John Hall   

-
Marilyn Declassified/ Bigfoot Research
Date
Sunday - November 20, 2016
Host
George Knapp
Guests
Paul Davids,  Thom Powell   

-

UFOs & the Occult/ Scents & the Paranormal
Date
Sunday - October 30, 2016
Host
George Knapp
Guests
John Ventre,  Joshua Cutchin

-
Bayou Killings/ Unmasking of a Cult
Date
Sunday - October 23, 2016
Host
George Knapp
Guests
Ethan Brown,  Meagen Gibson,  Alex Howard   

-
New Media Technology

Date
Sunday - October 16, 2016
Host
George Knapp
Guests
Jules Urbach-virtual reality,  Tony Hendra-National Lampoon
-

JesusJuice

George Knapp is hosting this Sunday. MUFON, Skinwalker Ranch and disclosure.

Skinwalker Ranch UFOs/ UFO Year In Review
Sunday - December 18, 2016
Hosted by George Knapp
Guest(s): Erica Lukes, Alejandro Rojas

First half: Erika Lukes is a former MUFON State Director and current Communications Director for the International Association of UAP Researchers. She will discuss the extensive UFO activity at the Skinwalker Ranch and Uintah Basin of Utah.

Second half: Alejandro Rojas, UFO expert and researcher, will discuss UFO activity from 2016 and what we could be expecting for next year - disclosure or more disinformation?

Nebraska888

Quote from: Porch Testicles on December 15, 2016, 09:45:43 PM
George Knapp is hosting this Sunday. MUFON, Skinwalker Ranch and disclosure.

Skinwalker Ranch UFOs/ UFO Year In Review
Sunday - December 18, 2016
Hosted by George Knapp
Guest(s): Erica Lukes, Alejandro Rojas

First half: Erika Lukes is a former MUFON State Director and current Communications Director for the International Association of UAP Researchers. She will discuss the extensive UFO activity at the Skinwalker Ranch and Uintah Basin of Utah.

Second half: Alejandro Rojas, UFO expert and researcher, will discuss UFO activity from 2016 and what we could be expecting for next year - disclosure or more disinformation?

Can't wait......looks like a good program!  KNAPP NIGHT!

Nebraska888

Quote from: ItsOver on November 28, 2016, 01:23:11 PM
Ha!  Nothing like the "school of hard-knocks."  :)

Knapp night........looks like an OK program. 

zeebo

Quote from: Nebraska888 on December 18, 2016, 03:40:28 PM

Can't wait......looks like a good program!  KNAPP NIGHT!

Nice!  I've got my flannel jammies all ready.  Plus I shall be cracking open a bottle of the good stuff to help ward off the winter's nite chill.   ;)

Nebraska888

Quote from: zeebo on December 18, 2016, 04:06:59 PM
Nice!  I've got my flannel jammies all ready.  Plus I shall be cracking open a bottle of the good stuff to help ward off the winter's nite chill.   ;)

Excellent Zee.....I will be entering pajama and Irish whiskey mode as well!!!

Morgus

Finally after 4days of Noory and 2days of Jimmy Church, we get a good UFO show with George Knapp tonight!  :D