• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

georgesucks

You are AWESOME Mr Knapp.

Scully

Here's Knapp's FB post regarding his illness.

[attachimg=1]

Morgus

Wow - great news to hear George Knapp survived that close call and is back to work!
Wonder why it was so hard to get a doctor to help for that condition and how one gets such a blood infection?

Scully

Quote from: Morgus on January 16, 2014, 03:01:52 AM
Wow - great news to hear George Knapp survived that close call and is back to work!
Wonder why it was so hard to get a doctor to help for that condition and how one gets such a blood infection?

I wonder the very same things, Morgus.  Lots of questions still left, but I'm glad he's at least told us this much.  Maybe when he's back on C2C, he'll fill us in a little more.  ???

onan

Quote from: Scully on January 16, 2014, 03:20:59 AM
I wonder the very same things, Morgus.  Lots of questions still left, but I'm glad he's at least told us this much.  Maybe when he's back on C2C, he'll fill us in a little more.  ???

It isn't hard to get a blood infection. Something as simple as a splinter can be the cause. Usually there are easily seen symptoms. And it isn't difficult to treat, if caught early, otherwise IV antibiotics may be needed. The only difficulty for a doctor is if the patient isn't seen. It sounds more like Knapp didn't want to go to the doctor than any doctor reluctant to prescribe.

Quote from: Scully on January 16, 2014, 03:20:59 AM

I suspect George underwent a similar scenario that I experienced some twenty years ago. I should actually preface by saying that I detest going to the doctor, or the hospital.

With that said, I became very ill over the course of a few days. In that time, my temperature shot up to about 104 & I was bed ridden by the end of the third day. It was late afternoon, and I had no desire at all to go to the emergency room. So, I had my wife call our family doctor, and beg him to write a prescription for antibiotics. After learning of my symptoms, my doctor complied with our request, and she went and got the medications, which I took immediately -- a massive does at first, to shock the system, then the normal therapeutic dose as prescribed.

In a couple of days, I was back on my feet and feeling great. Turns out, it was a severe case of bronchitis. 

Sepsis is sometimes difficult to diagnose, and can mimic other conditions similar to bronchitis, pneumonia, or just appear to be common flu- like symptoms. I imagine that George did not know the seriousness of his illness when they asked the doctor for the prescription. and only learned of its gravity subsequent to  actually initiating treatment with antibiotics, upon a follow up with his physician.

just69_98

Quote from: Morgus on January 16, 2014, 03:01:52 AM

This is great news!

HorrorRetro

Glad he's recovering.  Sepsis almost killed my mother-in-law.  She had some little bump on her back and was scrubbing it with a nasty scrub brush from her shower.  Her shower was always filthy.  So it's not hard to understand how it got infected.  She ended up in a coma with severe sepsis and came very close to dying. She did recover from that, but died two years later from bronchitis, which was exacerbated by numerous other conditions she had.

Nebraska888

KNAPP IS BACK ON SUNDAY!!!!!   THE PROGRAM LOOKS GREAT!!!!   WOOHOOOO!!!!!  LIFE IS GOOD!!!!!!   :)

Nebraska888

Knapp nearly dies......and sends out a brief note to let us all know he'll be fine and back to work.  I guarantee you, he won't discuss his illness but for a moment on Sunday.  He is the COMPLETE PACKAGE OF A STRONG, SMART, HUMBLE........MAN.

UNLIKE BABY NOORY who ate a hot pizza roll.........AND WE ARE STILL FRIGGIN' HEARING ABOUT IT!!!!!    ::)

zeebo

Hey George Knapp glad you're doing better and can't wait to hear you back on c2c!

Gd5150

Glad to hear Mr Knapp is well. Looking forward to returning to my neighborhood "Knapp Room" Sunday night.

Scully

My thanks to Onan and Fight the Future for your further enlightenment re sepsis.

I have a cousin in another state who has evidently just been through a round of the sorry stuff.  (He's not good at providing details.) He had to be hospitalized more than once to be treated with IV antibiotics, and is still wobbly, but hopefully recovering.  He was also a victim of the deadly male  "I don't want to see a doctor" syndrome.  His wife finally drove him to the emergency room and thereby saved his life.  ::)

The indefatigable George Knapp returns to the air Sunday night 1-19-2014 with a classic C2C AM show. YES!!!

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2014/01/19

My mother died of sepsis. It's deadly once it gets a grip. I'm so happy George K is on the mend and was treated immediately. I look forward to his return to what sounds like a great show.

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on January 18, 2014, 10:05:26 AM
My mother died of sepsis. It's deadly once it gets a grip. I'm so happy George K is on the mend and was treated immediately. I look forward to his return to what sounds like a great show.

I am very sorry about your dear mom. My sincere condolences.

Sepsis is one of those truly insidious illnesses that can turn the corner on you before you know what has hit you.

GK, was very fortunate.

Quote from: FightTheFuture on January 18, 2014, 10:12:59 AM
I am very sorry about your dear mom. My sincere condolences.

Sepsis is one of those truly insidious illnesses that can turn the corner on you before you know what has hit you.

GK, was very fortunate.

Thank you, Ftf. It was a complication of something even worse, but ultimately there was nothing anyone could do.

ItsOver

Quote from: FightTheFuture on January 18, 2014, 10:02:20 AM
The indefatigable George Knapp returns to the air Sunday night 1-19-2014 with a classic C2C AM show. YES!!!

Excellent!  Welcome back Mr. Knapp!

cweb

Quote from: FightTheFuture on January 18, 2014, 10:02:20 AM

Nice lineup for Knapp's return! Looking forward to it!

FallenSeraph

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on January 18, 2014, 10:05:26 AM

I'm so sorry to read this, Unscreened.  :(

FallenSeraph

Quote from: cweb on January 19, 2014, 11:08:18 AM
Nice lineup for Knapp's return! Looking forward to it!

With our very own Bill Birnes!!

Sounds like an awesome show! For those who don't feel like clicking through:

Otherworldly Encounters/ Haunted America
Sun 01-19
In the first half of the program, George Knapp welcomes legendary paranormal writer, Brad Steiger, who will discuss mysterious strangers and paranormal entities, exploring claims of visits from the unexplained, including ghosts, phantoms, aliens, and otherworldly beings.

In the latter half, author Bill Birnes will discuss the paranormal history of the U.S. and how the military developed psychic tools to influence enemy troops as well as how New Age became paranormal big business.

Ben Shockley

Quote from: Seraphim27 on January 19, 2014, 11:46:54 AM
...In the latter half, author Bill Birnes will discuss the...
Yeah, but, but.... ain't Bill Birnes Georgie's best bud??  Didn't Dr. Birnes ghostwrite at least 2 books for Georgie??
Why ain't Dr. Birnes on with Georgie??

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Seraphim27 on January 19, 2014, 11:46:54 AM
With our very own Bill Birnes!!

Sounds like an awesome show! For those who don't feel like clicking through:

Otherworldly Encounters/ Haunted America
Sun 01-19
In the first half of the program, George Knapp welcomes legendary paranormal writer, Brad Steiger, who will discuss mysterious strangers and paranormal entities, exploring claims of visits from the unexplained, including ghosts, phantoms, aliens, and otherworldly beings.

In the latter half, author Bill Birnes will discuss the paranormal history of the U.S. and how the military developed psychic tools to influence enemy troops as well as how New Age became paranormal big business.

Sounds like a good one!

Pretty excited for Knapp to be back tonight. Been awhile since I've listened to anything new.

FallenSeraph

Quote from: Ben Shockley on January 19, 2014, 11:53:43 AM
Yeah, but, but.... ain't Bill Birnes Georgie's best bud??  Didn't Dr. Birnes ghostwrite at least 2 books for Georgie??

I think there was some ghost-writing drama with that cookbook, no pun intended. Bill's wife (and said ghostwriter) Nancy is here on this forum. We like her. I don't think she's George's biggest fan, although I suspect she's too classy to get into too much detail about it.  ;)

Morgus

Not anymore, Birnes & Noory had some falling on a year ago or so, so Bill Birnes won't be on with Noory anymore.
Luckily Knapp can have him on.
I think the Birnes' told about the breakup with Noory on their own weekend internet podcast show, its now carried by Art Bell's Dark Matter network too.

Falkie2013

Bill and his wife are good people. Be nice to him.

Falkie2013

Quote from: onan on January 16, 2014, 03:59:17 AM
It isn't hard to get a blood infection. Something as simple as a splinter can be the cause. Usually there are easily seen symptoms. And it isn't difficult to treat, if caught early, otherwise IV antibiotics may be needed. The only difficulty for a doctor is if the patient isn't seen. It sounds more like Knapp didn't want to go to the doctor than any doctor reluctant to prescribe.

Part of the problem with hospitals is that they're teaching hospitals. If you get an intern or someone who is established you never know what treatment you're going to get. Full out treatment or an uncaring sob who's convinced you're not sick at all. That's what happened to me with one doctor who didn't believe I was as ill as I was. Also many men just don't LIKE going to the doctor. I had a friend who had a heart attack and died as a result because he didn't want to go to the hospital. His wife was told by the doctors that if he'd gone in, they could have saved him. Another friend also hated going to doctors and as a result he didn't get his symptoms checked out until it was too late and died of pancreatic cancer. There are a lot of incompetent people out there who should NEVER " practice " medicine. And they play games with people's health and lives.
If I'd not raised hell about how I was treated at the County hospital by 2 doctors, I'd probably be dead today. I got referred to UCSF because I refused to have 2 doctors NOT listen to me despite multiple visits to the ER where they did nothing but give me cough syrup for a massive infection.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Morgus on January 19, 2014, 02:23:19 PM
Not anymore, Birnes & Noory had some falling on a year ago or so, so Bill Birnes won't be on with Noory anymore.
Luckily Knapp can have him on.
I think the Birnes' told about the breakup with Noory on their own weekend internet podcast show, its now carried by Art Bell's Dark Matter network too.
Falling-out with Noory or not, Birnes is nothing but a hack promoter with a cable TV contract.  His TV shows are superficial filler and suck.

FallenSeraph

Quote from: Falkie2013 on January 19, 2014, 02:48:15 PM
Also many men just don't LIKE going to the doctor. I had a friend who had a heart attack and died as a result because he didn't want to go to the hospital. His wife was told by the doctors that if he'd gone in, they could have saved him. Another friend also hated going to doctors and as a result he didn't get his symptoms checked out until it was too late and died of pancreatic cancer.

Yeah, my dad would not be a gigantic brain-damaged pain-in-the-ass right now if he would have just gone to the hospital when we wanted him to after falling and hitting his head. It took a full day for the blood to fill his brain enough to make him collapse with pain and beg to go before it obliterated part of his mind forever.

I'm not bitter or anything.