• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Stan Friedman (via LMH on 29 Jan)

Started by Uncle Duke, February 01, 2015, 02:55:50 PM

Uncle Duke

On her last segment a couple nights ago, LMH featured Stan Friedman and his latest rant against debunkers.  "Debunking the debunkers" was Stan's mission statement for the evening, a typical twenty minute monologue from Friedman these days. While he was in fine form, especially for somebody Noory apparently thinks is dead, isn't it about time somebody points out Stan raging against "debunkers" is a case of the pot calling the kettle African-American?

Clearly there is a certain amount of in-fighting in ufology, but is there anyone more vocal in going after other ufologists and/or UFO stories than Stan?  Cases in point, he's made a recent career of debunking two of the field's more celebrated cases, Bob Lazar and Phillip Corso.  (Ok, I admit I'm with him on these two cases.)  There are those in the field as well known/respected as Friedman who steadfastly accept the Lazar/Corso stories as Stan does his own Roswell and MJ-12 shtick. Would they consider Stan a debunker?  I think so.  Would he consider himself a debunker? Doubtful.  Instead I think he'd put himself above that, knowing the disdain he holds for that term.

I would really like the opportunity to raise the issue with Friedman directly, but I've noticed he tends to no longer take calls when he does radio shows.  He's more of a sound bit guy these days, although I suppose he'd come on with Art if he makes a go of it in the summer.  If he's on and I can get through, I'll call him a debunker, but I won't "hang up and listen to his reply".  ::)