• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell RE-STARTS Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, January 30, 2015, 06:30:35 PM

aldousburbank

Quote from: Cynnie on January 31, 2015, 07:41:21 PM

Does that come in a brownie ?
It only comes in Extra Large, but any color you like, mam. 

So, I reckon open lines will become a relic of the past.

Delphi

Quote from: FightTheFuture on January 31, 2015, 07:49:51 PM
So, I reckon open lines will become a relic of the past.
No he stated otherwise?  Why would you think that

ALDOUS is it safe to get back in this BellGab water?!
I been tripping in Oakville,
"You downed my weather baloon!"
Auto fill,
Password.

Cynnie

Quote from: aldousburbank on January 31, 2015, 07:44:15 PM
It only comes in Extra Large, but any color you like, mam.

Extra large seems right

SheilaVG

Well now if you have to pay to listen to him is he really "coming back?" The Art Bell show was free on radio - and then the Internet and when he was hosting on what eventually became known as "Coast to Coast," it was still free to listen to him. Personally, I'm not sure if I'd pay to listen exclusively to Art. I occassionally pay to listen to episodes of Coast I missed despite the presence of the rude and ignorant George Noory but I don't think I'd pay to listen exclusively to Art.  Maybe Sirius as a whole but not just Art- which is what he's asking his fans to do.

Heather Wade

Quote from: SheilaVG on January 31, 2015, 11:19:53 PM
Well now if you have to pay to listen to him is he really "coming back?" The Art Bell show was free on radio - and then the Internet and when he was hosting on what eventually became known as "Coast to Coast," it was still free to listen to him. Personally, I'm not sure if I'd pay to listen exclusively to Art. I occassionally pay to listen to episodes of Coast I missed despite the presence of the rude and ignorant George Noory but I don't think I'd pay to listen exclusively to Art.  Maybe Sirius as a whole but not just Art- which is what he's asking his fans to do.

You will be able to listen to his new show for free.

littlechris

Quote from: aldousburbank on January 31, 2015, 02:18:39 PM
I be smoking me some Dark Matter
[attachimg=1]

Nice! Aldous, what strain is that? It looks purplish?

sydtron

I could go down to the river and get free water, but I buy bottled because its clean and pure. Just like the smooth nightly comentary of Art Bell.

DanTSX

Quote from: wr250 on January 30, 2015, 08:32:54 PM
so basically art was yanking our chain with his last bellgab post. thanks art.

Have you noticed a pattern yet?

DanTSX

Quote from: Delphi on January 31, 2015, 08:03:07 PM
No he stated otherwise?  Why would you think that

We are just saying that so the Australian doesn't call Art 2x a night.

jazmunda

Quote from: DanTSX on February 01, 2015, 12:50:12 AM

We are just saying that so the Australian doesn't call Art 2x a night.

That's not very nice. You hurt my feelings.  :'(

Daggit

Quote from: jazmunda on February 01, 2015, 02:17:31 AM
That's not very nice. You hurt my feelings.  :'(

Not sure why you get such a bad rep. I don't think you called in too much. I recall Art asked you to call in by name a few times to test the Skype line. I enjoyed your calls. I like the gab cast too.

jazmunda

Quote from: Daggit on February 01, 2015, 02:25:01 AM
Not sure why you get such a bad rep. I don't think you called in too much. I recall Art asked you to call in by name a few times to test the Skype line. I enjoyed your calls. I like the gab cast too.

It's all cool. It's just a running joke we have on BellGab that I killed Dark Matter. I've been publicly exonerated by Art on The GabCast. :P

For the record I was on 5 times during the 25 show run of Dark Matter. My first call was during the Open Lines show when I called the US on my dime and used the normal call in line to ask a question I have always wanted answered. My second time was when Art wanted to test the Skype line and asked for people from overseas to call in. The next night he wanted to test it again and asked for me to call. My fourth call was to ask Jim Sparks a question that people in the nightly thread wanted to ask and i said that I'd try my luck at the Skype line and got on. After the call Art actually left me on the Skype line and I listened to the rest of the show like I was backstage at a concert. It was a great experience for a long time fan to hear Art conducting the show. My final call was to tell my ghost story on Spooky Matter which was another thing to tick off my Art bell bucket list.

I promise to curb my enthusiasm in the next incarnation of the show. That and the court ordered injunction hasn't expired yet. I apologise for being a fan. :P

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: jazmunda on February 01, 2015, 02:38:29 AM
After the call Art actually left me on the Skype line and I listened to the rest of the show like I was backstage at a concert.

what did you hear during commercials?  did you continue to hear art, or did you hear commercials?

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on February 01, 2015, 03:04:38 AM

what did you hear during commercials?  did you continue to hear art, or did you hear commercials?

I don't recall hearing any of the commercials or the music. All I heard was Art occasionally talking to Evan and Evan telling Art how long til they were back. If Art read a commercial I could hear that.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: jazmunda on February 01, 2015, 03:20:51 AM
I don't recall hearing any of the commercials or the music. All I heard was Art occasionally talking to Evan and Evan telling Art how long til they were back. If Art read a commercial I could hear that.

hey, that's pretty cool.

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on February 01, 2015, 03:29:21 AM

hey, that's pretty cool.

It was pretty cool. I missed the birth of my daughter but it was so worth it. :D

Catsmile

Quote from: jazmunda on February 01, 2015, 03:31:28 AM
It was pretty cool. I missed the birth of my daughter but it was so worth it. :D

Well at least you were there for the conception... uuuhhh yeah yeah thats it.

Do us all a favor when you Skype Art again. Crinkle a candy wrapper, potato chip bag in the backround, or drag your scrotum across the microphone, like you do on the GabCast. That way Art won't be upset at how good a Skype line using an iPhone sounds coming from the other side of the planet, in contrast to his setup. Stop driving nails in the coffin dude. :P

Delphi

I hope Art has Howard Hughes with him on the network.. Howard has alot of respect for Art and mentions him every show

aldousburbank

Quote from: guildnavigator on January 31, 2015, 10:15:27 PM
ALDOUS is it safe to get back in this BellGab water?!
I been tripping in Oakville,
"You downed my weather baloon!"
Auto fill,
Password.
The water's warm

aldousburbank

Quote from: littlechris on February 01, 2015, 12:14:45 AM
Nice! Aldous, what strain is that? It looks purplish?
Oh, just a little thang I whipped up over 7 generations. I call it The ScreamCheese.

Lt.Uhura

Great news about Art's return!  Re the 5 nights/week comment;  Art wrote that DMRN would return 5 nights per week, but that doesn't necessarily mean he will be on every night.  In the past he's indicated he wanted to built a network with other hosts.  I'll be tuned in regardless, and love the idea of supporting an independent show (with no commercials!), as greedy corporate radio continues on a downward spiral. 

As far as content goes, I hope he continues with his earlier DM format excluding politics--there are way too many fascinating subjects to explore, from paranormal to science and everything in between.  In fact, I have a few suggestions for some interesting topics I've never heard discussed on talk radio which I'll send to Art in a pm.

Diabhal

Quote from: Delphi on February 01, 2015, 07:40:22 AM
I hope Art has Howard Hughes with him on the network.. Howard has alot of respect for Art and mentions him every show
Actually the only other paranormal cast I listened to in any frequency. Maybe once a year but still find it more tolerable than the alternatives.

Delphi

Quote from: Diabhal on February 01, 2015, 02:58:25 PM
Actually the only other paranormal cast I listened to in any frequency. Maybe once a year but still find it more tolerable than the alternatives.
Oh man Howard has been the only one I've listened too since Art's fiasco..  Im almost positive Howard will be on DMRN from what he has told me

Diabhal

Quote from: Delphi on February 01, 2015, 03:00:24 PM
Oh man Howard has been the only one I've listened too since Art's fiasco..  Im almost positive Howard will be on DMRN from what he has told me
Such a nice guy that just had very little luck for a long time. His show on Talksport (UK radio station for American/Aussie posters) was the first time I'd listened to anything in this line of discussion and his constant Art references turned me on to classic Coast. Might fire him an appreciative email now.

Delphi

Quote from: Diabhal on February 01, 2015, 03:09:35 PM
Such a nice guy that just had very little luck for a long time. His show on Talksport (UK radio station for American/Aussie posters) was the first time I'd listened to anything in this line of discussion and his constant Art references turned me on to classic Coast. Might fire him an appreciative email now.
Yeah man do it,  he would appreciate it im sure.

maureen

I quite agree!! The Unexplained, Capricorn Radio, Unknown Origens, Where did the Road Go?, In OtherNews, and other programs on Dark Matter Radio Network are all decent, intelligent options that can engage the mind.

DesertFox

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on February 01, 2015, 01:50:18 PM
Great news about Art's return!  Re the 5 nights/week comment;  Art wrote that DMRN would return 5 nights per week, but that doesn't necessarily mean he will be on every night.  In the past he's indicated he wanted to built a network with other hosts.  I'll be tuned in regardless, and love the idea of supporting an independent show (with no commercials!), as greedy corporate radio continues on a downward spiral. 

As far as content goes, I hope he continues with his earlier DM format excluding politics--there are way too many fascinating subjects to explore, from paranormal to science and everything in between.  In fact, I have a few suggestions for some interesting topics I've never heard discussed on talk radio which I'll send to Art in a pm.

I don't mind popping off on current events every once in a while--especially at the top of the show.  Always cool to hear the "Bell take" on things including some politics.