• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell RE-STARTS Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, January 30, 2015, 06:30:35 PM

sydtron

I think that is a fantastic idea!
I just had a thought though.... bear with me. 

With all his bumper music he will Presumably play. What rights will he have to aquire to use those songs?
I know the royalty situation is a bit different when streaming on he web, as opposed to AM broadcast.
Anyone?

Daggit

Quote from: littlechris on January 30, 2015, 08:17:59 PMBut , he does need to get rid of the "worm hole" and "Art's parts".  lol

Art's Parts had probably been around longer than you.

Daggit

Quote from: sydtron on January 30, 2015, 08:20:28 PM
I think that is a fantastic idea!
I just had a thought though.... bear with me. 

With all his bumper music he will Presumably play. What rights will he have to aquire to use those songs?
I know the royalty situation is a bit different when streaming on he web, as opposed to AM broadcast.
Anyone?

He'll probably have to pay a license fee. Bateman probably knows the particulars as he has recent experience with this.

wr250

so basically art was yanking our chain with his last bellgab post. thanks art.

popple

Quote from: littlechris on January 30, 2015, 08:17:59 PM
But , he does need to get rid of the "worm hole" and "Art's parts".  lol

Nawwwwwwww. But Art needs to get in those West and East of the Rockies shirts that bellgabber Bobbysaltereg0 had made. Those are awesome. MORE STUFF LIKE THAT PLEASE!!!

Morgus

Quote from: littlechris on January 30, 2015, 08:17:59 PM
Art definetly needs to have an app for mobile users to be able to access the show easily. Maybe add in a timer/alarm feature in the app to alert the user when the show is about to start, etc,etc,etc.
The free Tune-In Radio mobile app that supports playing the Dark Matter Radio Network stream already has features including timer and alarm. I use it daily with my Android smartphone.

bateman

Quote from: popple on January 30, 2015, 08:51:37 PM

Nawwwwwwww. But Art needs to get in those West and East of the Rockies shirts that bellgabber Bobbysaltereg0 had made. Those are awesome. MORE STUFF LIKE THAT PLEASE!!!

I would pay for a Hoagland "LOOK AT THE DATA" shirt too.

littlechris

Quote from: bateman on January 30, 2015, 09:40:34 PM

haha!! now THAT I would buy!!

And yes I need to get one of those west of the rockies shirts too!!!

sydtron

Hell yes! But just have his hair on the t-shirt above the text.

Scully

I noticed this in the long list of responses to Art's announcement on FB and thought it interesting:
[attachimg=1]

OldTimeRadio

Art will have just turned 70 by the time the new show is scheduled to air and jumping straight into another 5-night a week show (instead of starting something a little less-frequent) makes me think there's going to be another dramatic departure not too long after a dramatic re-entrance.  I love the guy.  I just don't want to see him get burned out or overwhelmed. 

Still, I'm beyond excited at the prospect of hearing him live, cracking through the night, again.  Like a dream come true.

As long as fucking Hoagland fucks off.  Nah, for Art I'd even listen to Hoagland again.

Quote from: Morgus on January 30, 2015, 09:29:49 PM
The free Tune-In Radio mobile app that supports playing the Dark Matter Radio Network stream already has features including timer and alarm. I use it daily with my Android smartphone.
There's also a version for Windows Phone and for the PS3.

littlechris

Quote from: Scully on January 30, 2015, 10:28:15 PM
I noticed this in the long list of responses to Art's announcement on FB and thought it interesting:
[attachimg=1]

Oooh!!

Stereo podcast for a small price?...........

Fu@k it!! I'm in!!

Razimus

Awesome news! Art is the King of Late Night and always will be.

Queen

Arts first guest should be john lear

Uncle Duke

Quote from: NIN3 on January 30, 2015, 11:42:26 PM
Arts first guest should be john lear

*Note to self--Miss first reboot show of DM*

popple

Hoagy would look handsome and regal in vector form.

JUST IMAGINE THAT MAGNIFICENT HAIR! :')

Gd5150

Beings there's no longer radio involved and since it'll be late night again the best possible name is...

"The Dream Stream"

coaster

I always liked the name Dark Matter. I'm glad he is keeping it.And I will gladly chip in some money to support him and his show. I love me some Art Bell.

ksm32

Bring it on Art!!!  I'm purchasing three more ears and sowing them to my head!

WONDERFUL STUFF! :) :D :)

pyewacket

Quote from: (Redacted) on January 30, 2015, 07:42:58 PM

As a female, it's not a good idea for me to go around wearing a shirt that says that. 
I'll show my support & get a coffee cup.   ;D

I was thinking the same thing, Redacted! I'll go with the cup, too.  ;D

Nick el Ass

Quote from: coaster on January 31, 2015, 12:00:39 AM
I always liked the name Dark Matter. I'm glad he is keeping it.And I will gladly chip in some money to support him and his show. I love me some Art Bell.

Hear, hear. Maybe we can have Dark Matter with Art Bell brought to you by the fantastic fans over at BellGab.

BattyBrooke

Hell yesssss!!!!!! This is proof 2015 is going to be infintely better than 2014, no matter what. I will gladly spread the word. Hell, I will stop people at the grocery store.

Quote from: BattyBrooke on January 31, 2015, 01:27:15 AM
Hell yesssss!!!!!! This is proof 2015 is going to be infintely better than 2014, no matter what. I will gladly spread the word. Hell, I will stop people at the grocery store.
Grab them by the lapels and yell "Want to be taken for a ride?"

ringthane

Snoory is giving Art a 3 minute plug. As much as I dislike Jorge, he did a very classy thing.

popple

LULZ! Hmmm I don't know.... This could be a case of Nice Guy Jorch.

Quote from: Art Bell on January 30, 2015, 05:03:41 PM I will be depending on all of YOU as well as my FB followers to spread the word far and wide onSocial Media. A blitz if you will, BUT not yet, it's still too early, but I will give you all the word, we don't need magazine's and we sure do not need AM radio to spread the word, Social media has far morepower, I have seen what YOU can do.