• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Man commits suicide after being fired from FOX news station in Austin

Started by nextgen.fm, January 27, 2015, 02:20:38 AM

nextgen.fm

:(

This seemed to break late in the day yesterday but I think it's going to be a big story. 

Guy apparently had ADD and OCD in a news station environment.  That can be tough.  And the firing all seemed to center around a Facebook post he made on behalf of the station of a police chief.

http://rt.com/usa/226431-fox-employee-fired-acevedo-photo/

nextgen.fm

Did you all hear about this?

Shot himself right in front of the News Corp headquarters in Manhattan

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: nextgen.fm on January 27, 2015, 02:22:03 AM
Did you all hear about this?

Shot himself right in front of the News Corp headquarters in Manhattan

Are you sure it's suicide? They might have found out he was thinking of voting Democrat. Or he didn't believe everything that Fox news broadcast.

Zoo

I really think it is a shame. It is something his family has to deal with and just plain sad. If he was so hard to work with they could have put him in a room by himself and been a fact checker. FOX could've used a fact checker and someone with OCD would be perfect for that. Just found this might want to take a look!!1

http://theantimedia.org/former-fox-news-employee-commits-suicide-in-front-of-nyc-office/

ksm32

He DIDN'T kill himself.

The gun killed him. Did you know he was the author of several children's books?  He also rescued 18 dogs in his 73 years of life.  Before his death he donated just shy of $6.000.000 to the wildlife busta move institute. 

His nickname was Ron but his friends called him Todd after a cousin he had a crush on in his school years.

I don't know where you get your information but I suggest getting it right the first time in such matters.

Oh! he also liked broccoli ;)

Zoo

Quote from: ksm32 on January 28, 2015, 08:11:30 PM
He DIDN'T kill himself.

The gun killed him. Did you know he was the author of several children's books?  He also rescued 18 dogs in his 73 years of life.  Before his death he donated just shy of $6.000.000 to the wildlife busta move institute. 

His nickname was Ron but his friends called him Todd after a cousin he had a crush on in his school years.

I don't know where you get your information but I suggest getting it right the first time in such matters.

Where you getting yours? It is in the WSJ!!1
http://www.wsj.com/articles/man-kills-himself-outside-fox-offices-1422312514

Zoo

Quote from: ksm32 on January 28, 2015, 10:45:18 PM
or I was just being silly..

Ya I was wondering. Because it was all over the net. I was like man I have read ksm32 post before and it just seemed  way out their ;D  Well you got me on this one :) !!1

Quote from: ksm32 on January 28, 2015, 08:11:30 PM

I liked Broccoli too.  The James Bond franchise was much better when he was in charge.

Who

My problem with FOX News is the same problem I have with CNN.  Watching either one of them for more than 15 minutes puts me into a coma.

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 30, 2015, 08:30:49 AM
How dare he die.
I think Laura Broccoli and her half-brother are doing a decent job keeping the Bond franchise alive and well. Lest we forget that Chubby was responsible for some mediocre Roger Moore movies in the franchise.

Eddie Coyle

Sometimes I think Olbermann is headed down this road.

*Olbermann,IMO, is incredibly gifted and amazing at nostalgia/eulogizing. He's just a thin skinned putz who has never entertained an opposing view in his life and has this entropy gene which seems to doom his every venture.

ksm32

Quote from: Zoo on January 29, 2015, 12:08:29 PM

Ya I was wondering. Because it was all over the net. I was like man I have read ksm32 post before and it just seemed  way out their ;D  Well you got me on this one :) !!1

HA!  I was on the sauce. Lots of SAUCE! :)
Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on January 30, 2015, 03:40:08 AM
I liked Broccoli too.  The James Bond franchise was much better when he was in charge.

Amen that.