• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

How did YOU choose your BellGab name?

Started by ksm32, January 25, 2015, 04:03:21 AM

ksm32

While signing up I wasn't ready to pick a name.. So when asked I looked around my surroundings (in my studio) and saw my KSM32 microphone in the vocal booth. Basically the first thing I saw.  I so want to change it to "Huge Ackman" but alas..

ItsOver

Just listen ONCE to the current C2C.  Then read the Art Bell thread.  "Wanna take a ride?"  Hell, yeah, but nothing lasts forever.

Delphi

I chose mine due to my love of the Delphi Programming language combined with my love of the ancient Greeks

Kelt

'Kelt' has been my online persona since the dawn on the internets.  I've had various peripheral sockpuppet personas, each for their own specific purpose, but from  'Fuck This Guy With a Fucking Stick' to'The Real Reason For Hitler's Invasion of Poland' Kelt has been the name of choice.

http://youtu.be/3Arv9AChwUM

Heather Wade

What is your clearance level?  This is highly classified information.

aldousburbank

Quote from: (Redacted) on January 25, 2015, 12:56:21 PM
(I see what you did there)

Yorkshire pud

As you all know I'm a Yorkshireman (yes, really), and Yorkshire has a delicacy called Yorkshire pudding; I shortened the name, not realising it's slang in the colony for something that can't be said in polite company.

zeebo

Some weird lady in the park gave it to me.  I just went with it to keep the snacks coming. 

bateman

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 25, 2015, 01:31:37 PM
As you all know I'm a Yorkshireman (yes, really), and Yorkshire has a delicacy called Yorkshire pudding; I shortened the name, not realising it's slang in the colony for something that can't be said in polite company.

Do you have a Shackleton highseat chair?

http://youtu.be/9nCfopLQt-Q

I was going to call myself Yorkshire Willie, but found out "willie" means something that shouldn't be said in polite company in the UK. 

Robert Ghostwolf was an old C2C guest who billed himself as some sort of Native American shaman mojo master who had discovered carvings done by ancient aliens on sacred ground in the western U.S. He had pictures that were almost as convincing as some of Hoagy's and Bara's.  In reality, he was a con man named Robert Franzone who specialized in bilking gullible New Age woo seekers.  I used to call him Robert Redcorn after the character on King of the Hill. Not sure why I picked it. It just kind of popped into my head while I was signing up so I went with it.

zeebo

Quote from: (Redacted) on January 25, 2015, 12:56:21 PM

Sounds like someone just got themselves on a watch list. 

Eddie Coyle

not realising it's slang in the colony for something that can't be said in polite company.

You know how kids are. We should approach adolescence by the time of the tricentennial.

Look on the bight side, you could have chosen Spotted Dick instead

Heather Wade

Quote from: zeebo on January 25, 2015, 02:36:23 PM
Sounds like someone just got themselves on a watch list.

Black project surveillance of all communications shall ensue.  I can neither confirm, nor deny my part in said surveillance.  Carry on.  What you saw was the planet Venus.

Quote from: aldousburbank on January 25, 2015, 01:27:57 PM
(I see what you did there)

Your clearance level is impressive.  We never had this conversation.   8)

Zetaspeak

Probably the most hilarious and absurd episode of C2C was this woman who "speaks through" an alien race. What really stood out is that she would say "zeta speak" before she starts "translating" what the aliens tell her telepathically. Which of course resulted in some very amusing and confusing conversation on Coast.

I thought at the time, wouldn't it be great to have a place to say sarcastic comments about this, and here we are  :D

aldousburbank

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 25, 2015, 02:33:23 PM
Aldous, did you ever consider Luther Huxley?  :D
Heh
You're good kid
But that would give me LH monogrammed towels instead of, well, you know

b_dubb

b dubb cause thems my initials and such. b. w.

Quote from: aldousburbank on January 25, 2015, 03:25:45 PM
Heh
You're good kid
But that would give me LH monogrammed towels instead of, well, you know

I wondered if he might be the dude you're playing, or vice versa.

Nothing encapsulates George's disconnect between his ego and his capabilities, or between George's World and reality, better than the times he has publicly contemplated running for President.  I wanted to keep my username relevant past 2016 so imagined his future incarnation making a bid for the presidency.  If I had researched that a little better, I would have been 'Dexter for President 2116.'

Zoo

I was told during my first sencting by the State. That I was a detriment to society and I should be locked up in a cage like an animal in a Zoo!!1

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 25, 2015, 02:32:12 PM
I was going to call myself Yorkshire Willie, but found out "willie" means something that shouldn't be said in polite company in the UK. 

Robert Ghostwolf was an old C2C guest who billed himself as some sort of Native American shaman mojo master who had discovered carvings done by ancient aliens on sacred ground in the western U.S. He had pictures that were almost as convincing as some of Hoagy's and Bara's.  In reality, he was a con man named Robert Franzone who specialized in bilking gullible New Age woo seekers.  I used to call him Robert Redcorn after the character on King of the Hill. Not sure why I picked it. It just kind of popped into my head while I was signing up so I went with it.

About Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost, it did make me giggle the first time I read your name.  It also made my roommate giggle later when I was showing him some posts to laugh at.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on January 25, 2015, 04:56:09 PM
Nothing encapsulates George's disconnect between his ego and his capabilities, or between George's World and reality, better than the times he has publicly contemplated running for President.  I wanted to keep my username relevant past 2016 so imagined his future incarnation making a bid for the presidency.  If I had researched that a little better, I would have been 'Dexter for President 2116.'

There is still time to change it, just ask MV to do it for you.  I know you know this already but it's not too late.  If you change it now I can still send my vote and post date it to 2116'

Roswells, Art

As a Chef (yes I'm going all Falkie on your ass (not a Chef anymore after that horrible hot grease incident*))  I have to say I looked up the recipe for Yorkshire Pudding and here it is in all its glory:
Ingredients   Original recipe makes 8 servings 

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

3/4 teaspoon salt

3/4 cup milk, room temperature

3 eggs, room temperature

3/4 cup water

1/2 cup beef drippings

at least you could have called yourself an English Muffin.

*joking, no hot grease incident

Quote from: Roswells, Art on January 25, 2015, 08:33:22 PM
There is still time to change it, just ask MV to do it for you.  I know you know this already but it's not too late.  If you change it now I can still send my vote and post date it to 2116'

I've thought about it, but after some consideration I'm leaning towards RGG's original choice.  It's good to know future spacefaring broadcaster with the 1970's moustache, Dexter Monterrey, will have your support though.

Quote from: Roswells, Art on January 25, 2015, 08:45:52 PM
As a Chef (yes I'm going all Falkie on your ass (not a Chef anymore after that horrible hot grease incident*))  I have to say I looked up the recipe for Yorkshire Pudding and here it is in all its glory:
Ingredients   Original recipe makes 8 servings 

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

3/4 teaspoon salt

3/4 cup milk, room temperature

3 eggs, room temperature

3/4 cup water

1/2 cup beef drippings

at least you could have called yourself an English Muffin.

*joking, no hot grease incident

My mother used to like making that.  I'm glad there were no grease related disfigurements.

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on January 25, 2015, 09:12:04 PM
I've thought about it, but after some consideration I'm leaning towards RGG's original choice.  It's good to know future spacefaring broadcaster with the 1970's moustache, Dexter Monterrey, will have your support though.

That mustache is going to be terribly ratty by 2216

Title of a movie. Fit the subject matter.

Fun story: Originally it was all one word and was so long it trailed over into the post body. MV had to add the spaces. (Without consulting me I might add.)

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on January 25, 2015, 09:12:04 PM

No, I was going to vote for the other guy.