• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

If you could only pick 5 shows out of your archive

Started by henge0stone, January 24, 2015, 08:50:45 AM

henge0stone

Lets say there was a horrible disaster and you only had time to save 5 Art Bell shows, which would you choose? It's a hard choice and luckily I have all my shows backed up on an external HD but hypothetical situation which 5 would you save? It's a little like choosing which child to save lol

albrecht

Quote from: henge0stone on January 24, 2015, 08:50:45 AM
Lets say there was a horrible disaster and you only had time to save 5 Art Bell shows, which would you choose? It's a hard choice and luckily I have all my shows backed up on an external HD but hypothetical situation which 5 would you save? It's a little like choosing which child to save lol
Impossible questions but here is my first thoughts, in no order: (and, yes, I know. I'm saying guests not particular shows because don't have a date list and some were on several times.)
Malachi Martin
Madman Markum
Mel (Mel's Hole)
Dallas Thompson
Jan Lamprecht
ps: probably also save the 8/14/97 episode with Dr.Wendy Lockwood (crazy but hilarious) and the Mr.Fidget callers. Bizarre show.

ItsOver

Definitely a Malachi
a Kaku
a Hoagie
Mel's Hole
The first GIS EVP show.

ksm32

It's a great question. I always try to make my desert island list, but I allow myself 25.   

5 huh? A Malachi (seems like most agree with that)
A Hoagland for sure.

Shit, I can't do it. I'm having trouble with only one father Martin episode.  Five is too cruel.

I have my entire archive backed up on four separate drives and two separate computers = 6 back-ups.  Think I have a problem.

henge0stone

I'm not far enough in the new archive myself to make a really informative decision, so it might change but as of right now

-Father Malachi (not sure which show though. First appearence maybe but there was a 97 appearance where they talked about the middle plateau in greater depth that I found fascinating. It wasn't the Dames Malachi show.)

-Graham Hancock's (first appearance basically describing Fingerprints of the Gods and the sphinx)

-Mel's hole (the four hour one on the extra audio section to get the most bang for my buck.)

-John Rhodes Reptilian connections/ bigfoot scream (This one is actually not on the archive, well it is but the beginning where they play the bigfoot scream is cut out for some reason.  Since this full show isn't on the archive I'd HAVE to save it since I really want the full Dreamland show)

-Trumbull UFO 9-1-1 call (my current favorite, really interesting stuff. I love live recordings and this one was fascinating.)

honorable mentions, First Phoenix lights sightings (I haven't heard it yet but its the one I'm most excited to get to!), 1993 Ghost to Ghost (crap I can't believe this didn't make it!), A Whitley Strieber, Brad Steiger, Loren Coleman maybe (again like the first one haven't heard it yet but I love cyrptozoology).

Quote from: henge0stone on January 25, 2015, 08:54:50 AM
-John Rhodes Reptilian connections/ bigfoot scream (This one is actually not on the archive, well it is but the beginning where they play the bigfoot scream is cut out for some reason.  Since this full show isn't on the archive I'd HAVE to save it since I really want the full Dreamland show)

Bigfoot Scream is one I would keep.

Another one I like is when LMH had some family from PA that encountered some grays with razor claws.

ksm32

Quote from: ItsOver on January 24, 2015, 05:48:54 PM
Definitely a Malachi
a Kaku
a Hoagie
Mel's Hole
The first GIS EVP show.

With the exception of the Mel's hole? (only because I've heard it to death)  That's a pretty good list IO, or at least a great template.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Juan on January 24, 2015, 05:40:51 PM
Harlot
Absolutely on the list. I get chills everytime I hear that lady. And again these are in no particular order.
1. Dr. Albert Taylor
2. Harlot
3. Time Traveler/Antichrist lines
4. Area 51 callers (this is my all time favorite and it never gets old)
5. Ghost to Ghost 1994
I am currently working on my archive and have it saved in like three places as I am paranoid as all hell. I miss the Fine Art Stream as it was my favorite as were MV's back in the day, which is how I found this forum.

Delphi

Can anyone tell me the dates of area 51 call lune and antichrist?  Also Harlot

nextgen.fm

hi Guys just wanted to chime in

i would definitely want to include that one show art did with kaku about the progress of civilization off earth, type I type II stuff that was a really good show I thought, what do u think?

maybe that is the one u like too :)

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Delphi on January 26, 2015, 06:52:05 PM
Can anyone tell me the dates of area 51 call lune and antichrist?  Also Harlot

Harlot - 10-23-1997

Time Traveler 1 - 7-29-98

Antichrist Time Traveler - 3-23-2001
:)

littlechris

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 27, 2015, 11:11:41 AM

Harlot - 10-23-1997

Thank you pony.  Yeah i heard the harlot show yesterday and then the Oates reversal of the harlot interview!!! CREEPY!!!!!!!!!(12-18-1997)

The reversal about her murdered son gave me the chills, and I NEVER get creeped out!!

Im just loving the shows from the torrent. It would have been nice if they had left in the bumper music, but I am VERY grateful for the torrent as is. Though I'd pay $ for the torrent with the bumper music left in.

sydtron

George Carlin interview
Pirate Radio show
The open lines with the Gopher sucker machine -1996 ?
The 9/11 shows
Time traveler open lines.

THIS IS DIFFICULT!

nextgen.fm

Quote from: sydtron on January 27, 2015, 11:40:14 PM
George Carlin interview
Pirate Radio show
The 9/11 shows
Time traveler open lines.

THIS IS DIFFICULT!

Oh man...those sound GOOD!

ponyboysunset

Quote from: littlechris on January 27, 2015, 10:34:34 PM
Thank you pony.  Yeah i heard the harlot show yesterday and then the Oates reversal of the harlot interview!!! CREEPY!!!!!!!!!(12-18-1997)

The reversal about her murdered son gave me the chills, and I NEVER get creeped out!!

Im just loving the shows from the torrent. It would have been nice if they had left in the bumper music, but I am VERY grateful for the torrent as is. Though I'd pay $ for the torrent with the bumper music left in.

I listened to the Harlot reverse speech show as I had never heard it. And Art having that strange thing happen with the smoke afterwards. It was stellar radio! I think my favorites will change the deeper I get into the archive. Getting an external to back it up soon as I do not want to lose it due to my crappy computer.

Delphi

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 27, 2015, 11:11:41 AM

Harlot - 10-23-1997

Thanks Pony,  appreciated

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Delphi on January 30, 2015, 07:40:26 AM
Thanks Pony,  appreciated
Welcome. Sad I have to listen to archives because there is nothing else out there that is remotely as good as Art. At least not in the same vein.

Nick el Ass

Mad man Marcum.
Art dropping the Banhammer on the not so amazing Kreskin.
Any show with Michio Kaku.
Any of the early days of Ghost to Ghost.
Time Travelers are always fun.

A special show that I only just heard in full recently was Art with Leonard Nimoy.

nextgen.fm

Quote from: Nick el Ass on January 31, 2015, 03:41:40 AM
Mad man Marcum.
Art dropping the Banhammer on the not so amazing Kreskin.
Any show with Michio Kaku.
Any of the early days of Ghost to Ghost.
Time Travelers are always fun.

A special show that I only just heard in full recently was Art with Leonard Nimoy.

I can't find the kres skin show anywhere, what was it like when he banned him

littlechris

Quote from: nextgen.fm on January 31, 2015, 03:46:12 AM

5-17-2002 in the torrent

Nick el Ass

Quote from: nextgen.fm on January 31, 2015, 03:46:12 AM

Kreskin told Art there would be a mass sighting, and then when it didn't happen he said that the whole thing was a ruse to see if people would follow suggestions after 9/11. There was a whole lot of sarcasm by Art at first when he called Kreskin out on his bullshit, and even though the people who went said they didn't see anything I think Kreskin claimed some 60 people did... but it was after his own camera crew had left. So that was what got him out of his offer to donate $50,000 to charity if nothing happened, and after that Art dropped the ban hammer on him which made Kreskin hangup the phone. It was short, but sweet.

WildCard

Quote from: sydtron on January 27, 2015, 11:40:14 PM
Anybody know this one? If I heard it, I don't remember.

Agree that Harlot is in the top 5. But, if I could only listen to 5 - no. That bitch was crazier than a shit-house rat! And not in a funny way.

Good call on Albert Taylor. Art interviewed a-lot of OBEers, but Taylor was the best.

Hank Wesselman
http://www.coasttocoastam.com/guest/wesselman-hank/5789

Terence Mckenna
https://archive.org/details/TerenceMckennaWithArtBell
More Mckenna -
http://www.lancerules.com/terence/

Dr. Janis Amatuzio
http://www.coasttocoastam.com/guest/amatuzio-dr-janis/5596

Whitley Strieber. Don't hit me! Art and Whit had a rapport that was electric.

Quote from: nextgen.fm on January 26, 2015, 10:41:03 PM
hi Guys just wanted to chime in

i would definitely want to include that one show art did with kaku about the progress of civilization off earth, type I type II stuff that was a really good show I thought, what do u think?

maybe that is the one u like too
Yes! Not sure we're thinking about the same show, but they were all great.

littlechris

Another few  that i just finished hearing:

Gabriel the mercenary: (5-17-2002)

Kent Hovind Creatonist:  (02-26-2002)

K4N4DI4N

My personal favorite shows are the ones with Terrence McKenna.. Those 4 shows I can listen to over and over just cuz they seem to hit it off with some sort of Raport.. and genuine bursting out laughing moments for both. They definitely liked each other and well, you just cant miss with two of my favorite personalities hanging out. :)
For my 5th show, I may have to pick DJO first appearance on Reverse Speech .. that show freaked me out ;)

Here is a link to the Bell/McKenna shows .. GREAT listen!

sydtron

Quote from: WildCard on January 31, 2015, 10:25:42 AM
Anybody know this one? If I heard it, I don't remember.

Agree that Harlot is in the top 5. But, if I could only listen to 5 - no. That bitch was crazier than a shit-house rat! And not in a funny way.

Good call on Albert Taylor. Art interviewed a-lot of OBEers, but Taylor was the best.

Hank Wesselman
http://www.coasttocoastam.com/guest/wesselman-hank/5789

Terence Mckenna
More Mckenna -
http://www.lancerules.com/terence/

Dr. Janis Amatuzio
http://www.coasttocoastam.com/guest/amatuzio-dr-janis/5596

Whitley Strieber. Don't hit me! Art and Whit had a rapport that was electric.
Yes! Not sure we're thinking about the same show, but they were all great.

If I can find it I will let you know!  (Ghopher sucker)It was also the one where they claimed Art was hiding saucer parts. (Some Canadian tabloid)

henge0stone

Quote from: henge0stone on January 25, 2015, 08:54:50 AM
I'm not far enough in the new archive myself to make a really informative decision, so it might change but as of right now

-Father Malachi (not sure which show though. First appearence maybe but there was a 97 appearance where they talked about the middle plateau in greater depth that I found fascinating. It wasn't the Dames Malachi show.)

-Graham Hancock's (first appearance basically describing Fingerprints of the Gods and the sphinx)

-Mel's hole (the four hour one on the extra audio section to get the most bang for my buck.)

-Trumbull UFO 9-1-1 call (my current favorite, really interesting stuff. I love live recordings and this one was fascinating.)

honorable mentions, First Phoenix lights sightings (I haven't heard it yet but its the one I'm most excited to get to!), 1993 Ghost to Ghost (crap I can't believe this didn't make it!), A Whitley Strieber, Brad Steiger, Loren Coleman maybe (again like the first one haven't heard it yet but I love cyrptozoology).

After hearing Ghostwolf's Rocky Mountain Discoveries, and Loren Colaman's Crypto show I'd have to add them to the list. The first Pheonix sighting show was a big let down since only the first 5 minutes dealt with it. If I were Art I would have cancelled my guest and just did open lines with a pheonix line to talk to people.

Whoever put those Rocky mountain monument photos in the archive Thanks do MUCH! They are awesome and really added to that show. I'd delete the first Graham Hancock and replace it with Rockie Mountain Discoveries show just because I've heard that first Graham Hancock show so many times.
Remember folks only 5 shows make it! What a nightmare this would be.

williedee

I don't have 5, but I do have a few favorites:

1999-02-26 - Trumbull County UFO Sightings w/ Kenny Young

And... whenever Mel's hole got started. His subsequent shows were less and less interesting, but the first time he was on was great.

coaster

Trumbull County UFO sightings remains a favorite. I also liked Mel's Hole because he just kept piling on the bullshit as the show went on, but they kept it entertaining. I think they both knew it was bs, but it was fun. The one where Art had JC Webster on as a guest was pretty good too.