Author Topic: David Paulides Missing 411  (Read 42757 times)

Re: David Paulides Missing 411
« Reply #210 on: January 13, 2019, 02:10:59 PM »
Finally watched “Vanished”. David Paulides missing persons documentary by A&E/History. 1st half was good. They examined a few mysterious cases, which is what makes this whole genre interesting. Unfortunately the 2nd half was spent on examining the possibility of portals.

It was produced by the same people that do ancient aliens. I don’t care for their style or narrator. It has a very reality TV feel.

So unfortunately I would have to say it was maybe a 4.5/10.

« Reply #211 on: January 13, 2019, 02:55:03 PM »
Finally watched “Vanished”. David Paulides missing persons documentary by A&E/History. 1st half was good. They examined a few mysterious cases, which is what makes this whole genre interesting. Unfortunately the 2nd half was spent on examining the possibility of portals.

It was produced by the same people that do ancient aliens. I don’t care for their style or narrator. It has a very reality TV feel.

So unfortunately I would have to say it was maybe a 4.5/10.

Is this the film Paulides has been promoting for a few years on C2C? I think he was trying to raise money through some crowdsourcing process, and his son was part of production team.

« Reply #212 on: January 14, 2019, 11:22:59 PM »
Is this the film Paulides has been promoting for a few years on C2C? I think he was trying to raise money through some crowdsourcing process, and his son was part of production team.

No this was done by History Channel/A&E. He also did a documentary a few years back called Missing 411 that’s on Hulu.

Also he’s going to be C2C tonight. So I’ll listen in.

« Reply #213 on: January 30, 2019, 04:31:15 PM »
Paulides always make it seem "strange" or "super-natural" that a victim will be found without clothes or having removed some of the clothes. Another tragic example showing it is not uncommon... his sister and his friends must feel awful. 

"Footprints were found around the home, and smeared blood was found on doors. Some of Gombo’s clothing was also found in the yard. In stages of hypothermia, a person will begin taking off clothing, police said." 

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2019/01/28/rochester-man-hypothermia-bitter-cold-death/

« Reply #214 on: February 01, 2019, 09:02:43 PM »
I watched it. Meh. Watching Paulides tell two senior citizens their family member was sucked into a portal without explaining any of the physics or mechanics behind it or the results of testing done at the site was too awkward and cringeworthy to even be humorous.