• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

What do you think we should do about Boko haram.

Started by Delphi, January 02, 2015, 09:37:11 AM

Zoo

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 28, 2015, 02:36:46 PM
No, it's best that only our enemies have weapons.

What enemies? The ones we make because we stick our nose where it does not belong? Or the ones that have our oil and do not know it? How about the ones we make because we train them to fight others and when we leave we leave them hanging. You mean those enemies!!1

coaster

Every time I hear the name boko haram it makes me think of clown brothels. Don't know why.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: coaster on January 28, 2015, 04:46:41 PM
Every time I hear the name boko haram it makes me think of clown brothels. Don't know why.
Well, have you seen these clowns?  They're basically the crips and bloods with weapons courtesy of Al Qaeda.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Zoo on January 28, 2015, 04:35:28 PM

What enemies? The ones we make because we stick our nose where it does not belong? Or the ones that have our oil and do not know it? How about the ones we make because we train them to fight others and when we leave we leave them hanging. You mean those enemies!!1

No, the enemies who use piety and faith as shields to conflate their atavistic tribalist and sectarian violence.

Zoo

Quote from: NowhereInTime on January 28, 2015, 05:34:01 PM

No, the enemies who use piety and faith as shields to conflate their atavistic tribalist and sectarian violence.

Oh I see, so how we going to stop it? Also why should we!!1

Zoo

This has been going on for 5,000 years and we as the US are going to stop it. Wow we must have a magic wand or something to do all this. Because if we do not it is nothing more than a waste of time and money. If you do not see they are breaking the US dollar by dollar. But hell why would we learn from others mistakes? The terrorist have already won because they have the US scared of its own shadow!!1

Delphi

Yeah zoo we do throw alot of money away on this shit.. I wish we weren't the world police

Uncle Duke

Have any of the Hollywood types, who in the past have cried on camera over such African tragedies as Darfur, Rwanda, Biafra, Katanga etc, made any noise about Boko Haram?  Among current celebrities, George Clooney and Susan Sarandan are usually good for sound bites in these situations, but I haven't heard anything reported about them or others of their ilk.

Zoo

Quote from: Delphi on January 28, 2015, 08:12:50 PM
Yeah zoo we do throw alot of money away on this shit.. I wish we weren't the world police

Funny thing is we do not have to be. We do it because there's money in it. Safety is nothing more than an illusion. Hell the military in the US was being attacked by radical muslims. So if they are not safe what makes you think you are safe. So I suggest pull every soldier from every country, close down all foreign bases, and are embassies too. Stop all foreign aid to every country we give it to and let them figure shit out on their own for awhile. Take all the money we did not give out and rebuild our infrastructure that is falling apart. Cut are military by 3/4 to match the rest of the world. Make sure everyone who served or that is cut from the military will be able to retire with full benefits not matter the time they served. Then we slowly build our country up to where we no longer need fossil fuels anymore. But this won't happen because the WAR machine and corporate greed will not allow it. But what do I know!!1

Quote from: Uncle Duke on January 28, 2015, 08:26:57 PM
Have any of the Hollywood types, who in the past have cried on camera over such African tragedies as Darfur, Rwanda, Biafra, Katanga etc, made any noise about Boko Haram?  Among current celebrities, George Clooney and Susan Sarandan are usually good for sound bites in these situations, but I haven't heard anything reported about them or others of their ilk.

Not one and I am glad you brought it up. It shows how fake they really are. So lets stop going to movies and download all their shit for free. Never watch any award show or follow them on twitter!!1

http://www.movie4k.to/index.php

http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Uncle Duke on January 28, 2015, 08:26:57 PM
Sure...they unleashed "Bring back our girls" tweets at the killers. That'll teach 'em who they're screwing with. 

Uncle Duke

Quote from: VtaGeezer on January 28, 2015, 10:21:30 PM
Sure...they unleashed "Bring back our girls" tweets at the killers. That'll teach 'em who they're screwing with.

Where's Dick Gregory when we need him?

Zoo

It truly comes down to nobody gives a shit about Africa. That is just the sad fact about this world!!1

Kelt

That's not entirely true. The angry guy from The Boomtown Rats, he cares. And the lad from Ultravox.

Sting's more interested with the Brazilians, though.

And, of course, Shane MacGowan has his work supporting victims of Brit Rape.

http://youtu.be/SirutCHZ-QI

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Zoo on January 31, 2015, 05:42:48 PM
It truly comes down to nobody gives a shit about Africa. That is just the sad fact about this world!!1

Don't conflate people with the continent. The former; a few care. The latter; a lot of big investors/ asset strippers care a great deal more.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 01, 2015, 12:36:11 AM
Don't conflate people with the continent. The former; a few care. The latter; a lot of big investors/ asset strippers care a great deal more.

I hate it when you talk sense.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Zoo on January 31, 2015, 05:42:48 PM
Speak for yourself.

Zoo

Quote from: VtaGeezer on February 01, 2015, 12:45:20 PM
Speak for yourself.

Really? What have you done for Africa just wondering if it is like the same thing people say when they talk about supporting the troops? They talk a good game but never raise a finger to actually do something besides say the words. I am not saying you do not care but what are you going to do about it. I believe Africa is the Ferguson of the world. People are being hurt and abused and most people (white mostly) really want is for them to shut up and pretend that things are fine!!1

Kelt

I used to watch the Bob Geldof stuff on the telly and think, "Hey, those poor Africans are starving and suffering from drought and warfare and oppression. I WILL donate to this kind of thing."

As time went by it became apparent that pretty much the entire continent is past saving, and any cash I donated would actually go towards guns, drugs, and turtle wax for one of a variety of warlords/tribal chiefs/dictators fleet of Mercedes'.  The last people to see my cash would be the starving millions, the AIDS victims, the Ebola victims, the villages without water, or the orphaned children.

Just quarantine the entire continent.  And Bob Geldof gets to decide if he wants to be in or out of the place before the blockade is put into effect.