• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Topics you wished C2C covered

Started by Juan Cena, December 27, 2014, 03:32:40 PM

Quote from: Juan Cena on April 14, 2015, 03:05:00 AM
Would #8 include the "church" of the Flying Spaghetti Monster? That's something I've wanted C2C to cover for a while.

His noodleyness demands it. Lest his meatballs doom us all.

nextgen.fm

I'd like more shows on hardcore reptilian cosmology.

Juan Cena

There was an article over at Gizmodo a day or two ago suggesting that the Information Age was either over or in its last days, and it is being replaced by the "Infrastructure Age:" Where the focus will be the transformation of everyday life via the "Internet of Things," and the affordability of of alternative energy.

http://gizmodo.com/the-information-age-is-over-welcome-to-infrastructure-1701477972

This is a topic I would love to hear Knapp interview Howard Bloom or Michio Kaku about. Dave'll would just roll out his "what would Einstein do with a smart phone?" "observation."

Quote from: albrecht on February 19, 2015, 09:39:02 AM
The murder of Olaf Palme. It might not interest some people, hell most people in the US probably never even heard of him, but it was quite a shocking and major political event. And a lot of unsolved questions regarding the assassination. It would be important, though, to keep it on track as many of the conspiracy theorists regarding his murder can quickly go off the rails and expand the subject to JFK, MLK, Aldo Moro, -->OKC, 911, etc and I've even heard Sandy Hook non-sense mentioned in the same breath now. So the show would be better to keep it within the confines of that one assassination and the politics, domestic and international, at the time.
That would be a pretty good show with more recent assassinations included.

Juan Cena

Biker gangs. The events in Waco have shown that organized crime among said gangs is severely underreported. The biker war of the 90s in Scandinavia was something I had never heard about before Monday.

paladin1991

I wish CoastIsToast would do a show on whatever happened to my 'Malachai Martin' interview CD's that I never received for joining Coast Insider.  I fastblast NOory all the time about it.  No response. 

Juan Cena

The Ghost Dance movement of the late 19th century, where many Native American tribes believed would reunite their members with the spirits of loved ones that had passed on, and restore their lands (I.e. Causing the white folk to leave). It played a part of the cause of the Battle of Wounded Knee.

albrecht

Quote from: Juan Cena on May 27, 2015, 01:39:00 AM
The Ghost Dance movement of the late 19th century, where many Native American tribes believed would reunite their members with the spirits of loved ones that had passed on, and restore their lands (I.e. Causing the white folk to leave). It played a part of the cause of the Battle of Wounded Knee.
Both the Biker gangs (include not just the Scandinavian Biker war but other wars/incidence in Europe, like Holland) and the war in Canada, in addition to ours. Would be interested in how a biker gang can franchise out to countries around the world considering, on the face of it, wearing colors, engaging in mayhem, having criminal convictions, and driving loud bikes ('loud pipes save lives') would seem to make it hard to smuggle drugs, guns, women and branch out or operate. And instantly attract law enforcement attention.

And your idea of 'Ghost Dance' phenomena!! Great idea because it is, akin in a way, to how the new-age stuff spreads recently in our society today (harmonic convergence, 2012, Hale Bop, etc) and other millennial, and "great awakening" movements of the past.

I think we should send this thread over to topics for Art to cover though, or Knapp....

Juan Cena

Quote from: albrecht on May 27, 2015, 06:26:52 AM
Both the Biker gangs (include not just the Scandinavian Biker war but other wars/incidence in Europe, like Holland) and the war in Canada, in addition to ours. Would be interested in how a biker gang can franchise out to countries around the world considering, on the face of it, wearing colors, engaging in mayhem, having criminal convictions, and driving loud bikes ('loud pipes save lives') would seem to make it hard to smuggle drugs, guns, women and branch out or operate. And instantly attract law enforcement attention.

And your idea of 'Ghost Dance' phenomena!! Great idea because it is, akin in a way, to how the new-age stuff spreads recently in our society today (harmonic convergence, 2012, Hale Bop, etc) and other millennial, and "great awakening" movements of the past.

I think we should send this thread over to topics for Art to cover though, or Knapp....

Biker Gangs would probably be more up Knapp's alley.

I would love to hear either Art or Knapp tackle the Ghost Dance, though. Any Native American-related topic is always fascinating.

albrecht

Quote from: Juan Cena on May 27, 2015, 10:39:10 PM
Biker Gangs would probably be more up Knapp's alley.

I would love to hear either Art or Knapp tackle the Ghost Dance, though. Any Native American-related topic is always fascinating.
Agreed, Knapp would be good on the biker gangs. Indian topics would be good for Art and Knapp but REAL history and traditions and not the new-agey, modern day fake-Indian hoaxsters.

onan

The strange disappearance of George Noory.

Juan Cena

The MOVE bombing in Philadelphia, the 30th anniversary of which was about a month ago. Police dealt with a confrontation between them and the radical African-American group by droping an incendiary device on the building the group were occupying. The resulting fire left 11 group members dead, including five children, and destroyed a number of buildings surrounding the groups' building, leaving 250 people homeless.

It never gets the attention that something like the FBI/Branch Davidian confrontation because 1) It was a local incident with no real Fed involvement, and 2) Right ring conspiracy spanks don't care when cops kill black people.

yumyumtree

Quote from: Juan Cena on March 28, 2015, 11:18:08 PM
I've always wanted to see C2C tackle Ayn Rand. Not just the usual economic and general liberaterian stuff, but some of her more metaphysical ideas as well.

Obviously, this is a topic I'd rather see Knapp tackle, as Dave just doesn't have the chops to handle it.
Since her death in 1982, several Rand biographies have been written.  Some (but not all) touch on her childhood and young womanhood in Russia, how she came close to not escaping Soviet Russia, her early days as a Holllywood wardrobe girl and her crazy relationship with Nathaniel Branden.  There are a lot of directions to go with this. But yes, she would be a terrific topic.

albrecht

Quote from: Juan Cena on June 07, 2015, 11:08:23 PM
The MOVE bombing in Philadelphia, the 30th anniversary of which was about a month ago. Police dealt with a confrontation between them and the radical African-American group by droping an incendiary device on the building the group were occupying. The resulting fire left 11 group members dead, including five children, and destroyed a number of buildings surrounding the groups' building, leaving 250 people homeless.

It never gets the attention that something like the FBI/Branch Davidian confrontation because 1) It was a local incident with no real Fed involvement, and 2) Right ring conspiracy spanks don't care when cops kill black people.
Good one, revisiting that decade's incidents would be a good show (for Knapp or on MITD.) Patty Hearst and the conflagration/shooting there in LA. The MOVE bombing, and the MOVE shooting/stand-off years before and the group in general, and murder of Gilbride and current activities would make a great show.

I also would like a show with some members of various "intentional communities" (new word for communes, compounds, etc) some of them seem to be working and interesting. Others, most, fail but are still interesting (how they work, how they don't, relationship to nearby communities/government, etc.) They fall on "all sides" of the political and religious spectrum.

akwilly

I think it would be fun to have some of these people that start their own country on to talk about some of their laws

albrecht

Quote from: akwilly on June 10, 2015, 07:24:10 PM
I think it would be fun to have some of these people that start their own country on to talk about some of their laws
Yes, "intentional communities" and, better yet, Micronations would be good shows. Sealand was a cool idea, and that "King" in Australia, but right now that guy who, to fulfill his daughter's desire to be a princess, "claimed" some land in a disputed border territory between Serbia and Croatia (I can't imagine how that could turn out considering the Balkans is such a historically peaceful area  ;) .)
http://kdvr.com/2014/07/17/man-lays-claim-to-african-land-to-make-daughter-real-life-princess/
http://www.telegraf.rs/english/1523690-a-new-country-is-created-between-serbia-and-croatia-its-called-liberland-heres-how-to-get-there-photo

akwilly

any astronaut that has flown a mission in the last 5 or 10 years would be awesome. Not to ask if there is a base on the moon or anything like that but to just hear about their experiments and how they became astronauts. It could maybe inspire someone to do better with their life.

Juan Cena

Quote from: yumyumtree on June 10, 2015, 06:47:29 PM
Since her death in 1982, several Rand biographies have been written.  Some (but not all) touch on her childhood and young womanhood in Russia, how she came close to not escaping Soviet Russia, her early days as a Holllywood wardrobe girl and her crazy relationship with Nathaniel Branden.  There are a lot of directions to go with this. But yes, she would be a terrific topic.

One of the best calls to C2C involved asking Howard Bloom about how the culture of selfishness fostered by Rand's works had damaged America. I was so glad to hear Bloom tell me he wasn't a Rand fan.

Juan Cena

The mysterious death of Yassir Arafat, which has not one, but two conspiracy theories. One is that he was poisoned with polonium, alledegly by Mossad. (Coincidently, polonium is the poison used to kill some of Putin's enemies.) The other theory is that Arafat died of AIDS, which doesn't get as much attention.

Arafat's wife always looked like some sinister honey pot assassin...

albrecht

Quote from: Juan Cena on June 10, 2015, 11:41:53 PM

The mysterious death of Yassir Arafat, which has not one, but two conspiracy theories. One is that he was poisoned with polonium, alledegly by Mossad. (Coincidently, polonium is the poison used to kill some of Putin's enemies.) The other theory is that Arafat died of AIDS, which doesn't get as much attention.
Would be an interesting one. Maybe a "split-show" format  ;)  with the 2nd half about conspiracies about Ariel Sharon and also just the medical technology keeping him alive in a coma for so many years.

akwilly

airline pilots that have seen ufo's would always be a fun topic as long as they are there in a group so they could talk amongst themselves and maybe find some similarities in their stories and maybe its me but most pilots have cell phones so you would think that there should be some compelling video or pictures taken during flight

Juan Cena

Mitch Horrowritz mentioned Emanuel Swedenborg tonight. I can't remember there being a C2C show devoted in one way or another to Swedenborg, which is surprising.

albrecht

Quote from: Juan Cena on June 13, 2015, 12:02:18 AM
Mitch Horrowritz mentioned Emanuel Swedenborg tonight. I can't remember there being a C2C show devoted in one way or another to Swedenborg, which is surprising.
Way too deep and any "experts" now might have accents that we, supposedly, can't understand. (I seem to recall Norry even has made disclaimers about some guests that had accents before that really weren't that bad, especially considering his diction and delivery.) That is a Knapp or Art (actually better an Ian topic if he were still around.)

Juan Cena

Quote from: albrecht on June 13, 2015, 12:49:04 AM
Way too deep and any "experts" now might have accents that we, supposedly, can't understand. (I seem to recall Norry even has made disclaimers about some guests that had accents before that really weren't that bad, especially considering his diction and delivery.) That is a Knapp or Art (actually better an Ian topic if he were still around.)

It's safe to assume any topic I suggest is something I'd rather see handled by Knapp or Art on MITD

albrecht

Quote from: Juan Cena on June 13, 2015, 01:27:22 AM
It's safe to assume any topic I suggest is something I'd rather see handled by Knapp or Art on MITD
Yes, this thread should merge with the topics for MITD and be renamed "Topics you wished MITD or Knapp covered."

Bavarian Joe

Lost treasure stories like Yamashita's gold or the Amber Room.
The Peralta Stones/Lost Dutchman's mine. Extra points if you throw in James Addison Reavis, the "Baron of Arizona".

yumyumtree

Quote from: Bavarian Joe on June 13, 2015, 11:30:02 PM
Lost treasure stories like Yamashita's gold or the Amber Room.
The Peralta Stones/Lost Dutchman's mine. Extra points if you throw in James Addison Reavis, the "Baron of Arizona".

Actually, the whole concept of treasure-hunting and the crazy things people do when the bug bites would be good.

Another phenomenon is "Into the Wild." Most of us are somewhat aware of the Sean Penn film with Emile Hirsch, which I thought was quite good. But in Jon Krakauer's book, he discusses similar cases, some in Alaska, others in other remote places.

Juan Cena

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on June 13, 2015, 10:55:07 AM
the ghost cities of China

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpnoPhY1f70
the weird scale model of Askai Chin
http://acorn.nationalinterest.in/2006/07/20/aksai-chin-in-replica/

Any serious discussion on China would be nice. The doom-and-gloom ears who bemoan the supposed overtaking by China of the US tend to ignore a slew of issues facing China like pollution, a slowing economy, the consequences of its "one-child per family" policy, etc.