• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Were Chemtrails BS too?

Started by Daggit, December 21, 2014, 12:14:22 AM

Daggit

It seems that a lot of people here seem to poo poo a lot of the topics that used to feature on Art's show. Some I agree with others I don't and I don't get the people that write off everything as BS yet still listen.

Anyways, what do you guys think of the topic of Chemtrails? Were they BS too? Did you ever experience them. Is it still happening?

DanTSX

Do you mean contrails?

Chemtrails were never really a big C2CAM topic.

Thats more of a crazy alex jones / jeff rense topic

laserjock

chemtrails is major bullcrap.  There is a good movie based on the idea though, fantastic movie, a must watch:  _Snowpiercer_.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Daggit on December 21, 2014, 12:14:22 AM
It seems that a lot of people here seem to poo poo a lot of the topics that used to feature on Art's show. Some I agree with others I don't and I don't get the people that write off everything as BS yet still listen.

Anyways, what do you guys think of the topic of Chemtrails? Were they BS too? Did you ever experience them. Is it still happening?

Well my Lillie Trollie friend, I'm one that loves listening to Art's old shows and "Write off" just about everything as BS. Why 'cause It has been proven by hindsight and I got enough common sense to reconize it was BS during the orginal broadcasts. Call me twisted, but I was raised by Parents that believed all the 'then new' paranormal crap. I soon figured out that our house was a cool place for kids to hang out, And it was a lot of fun for me, to be entertained by their wackyness.

I still listen to Art's old shows, because he's a great talent and I find them entertainingly wacky, same as always. Same goes for most of Bateman's shows. Noory, Church etc have the same subject matter but I find them irritating.

As for Chemtrails, they are just jets that are flying high in the jet stream, when it's really cold up there. Which makes their con trails widen out and hang around for a long time

WhiteCrow

Quote from: DanTSX on December 21, 2014, 12:16:15 AM

I respectfully disagree Dan, I remember the Year of the Chemtrails when Art talked about them a lot.
Lots of call ins about them and Art hyped them a lot too. I can remember looking at a lot of contrails back then too. To me it was just more of the Sky is Falling nonsense, but good fun.

Daggit

Quote from: DanTSX on December 21, 2014, 12:16:15 AM

Between January and May 1999 there were four or five shows dedicated to the topic plus countless other sows and open lines in the months leading up to it and after that period where they are mentioned. That's more air time in a short period than most of the regular topics get. There is radio silence on the topic after the millennium celebrations.

Art definitely hyped it and thought there was something to it. I simply wanted to know if the issue has ever been resolved or whether it was still happening.

People have been conditioned by shows like that to believe they are looking at chemtrails.  They still talk about them as if they are real and obvious.  But they're identical to the contrails I watched forty years ago when I was a kid.  There are just more of them because there are more planes in the air, and people look up when they hear the stories.  I've noticed people don't usually look up when they hear a plane.  They do when they hear about chemtrails, and then they notice the characteristics of regular contrails for the first time and believe the hype.  I've always looked up.

The guy who used to popularize chemtrails on Art Bell lived a few miles away from me, on Saltspring Island in British Columbia, so he was seeing the same planes I was.  I've studied aircraft, combustion, jet engines, and relative humidity.  I call BS on the whole thing.

Gd5150

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on December 21, 2014, 03:30:24 AM
People have been conditioned by shows like that to believe they are looking at chemtrails.

And now people being conditioned manipulated by socalled documentaries on Netflix. Arts Talent was making these subjects interesting and spooky in the middle of the night. Netflix documentaries are never either. All these subjects have to be handled skeptically by the light of day.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on December 21, 2014, 03:30:24 AM
People have been conditioned by shows like that to believe they are looking at chemtrails.  They still talk about them as if they are real and obvious.  But they're identical to the contrails I watched forty years ago when I was a kid.  There are just more of them because there are more planes in the air, and people look up when they hear the stories.  I've noticed people don't usually look up when they hear a plane.  They do when they hear about chemtrails, and then they notice the characteristics of regular contrails for the first time and believe the hype.  I've always looked up.

The guy who used to popularize chemtrails on Art Bell lived a few miles away from me, on Saltspring Island in British Columbia, so he was seeing the same planes I was.  I've studied aircraft, combustion, jet engines, and relative humidity.  I call BS on the whole thing.

Such claims (usually on YT) are made by people who haven't a clue how turbines, air pressure and atmosphere interact. There's a video taken from the cockpit of a tanker line astern of another tanker. The crew are clearly going into wind up mode and point out the 'chemtrails' of the aircraft in front. Naturally this is greeted as proof that whistle blowing aircrew know the 'truth'! Some think the flap actuation shrouds are the nozzles. Some the whole trailing edge of the wing. One guy even posted a link to show how the wing configuration works and how it alters the air around it at speed and altitude. Not enough for the all knowing conspiracy theorists. He's obviously working for 'them' and spreading false information. These CT's are allowed to breed. Why?

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 21, 2014, 05:13:16 AM
Such claims (usually on YT) are made by people who haven't a clue how turbines, air pressure and atmosphere interact. There's a video taken from the cockpit of a tanker line astern of another tanker. The crew are clearly going into wind up mode and point out the 'chemtrails' of the aircraft in front. Naturally this is greeted as proof that whistle blowing aircrew know the 'truth'! Some think the flap actuation shrouds are the nozzles. Some the whole trailing edge of the wing. One guy even posted a link to show how the wing configuration works and how it alters the air around it at speed and altitude. Not enough for the all knowing conspiracy theorists. He's obviously working for 'them' and spreading false information. These CT's are allowed to breed. Why?

savages! anyone with a single brain cell knows that it is the chemicals in the water that make people believe in chemtrails.

... Anyways, what do you guys think of the topic of Chemtrails? Were they BS too? Did you ever experience them. Is it still happening?

What were they supposed to be? 

Has it turned out to be correct going on 20 years later?

DanTSX

Quote from: WhiteCrow on December 21, 2014, 01:12:38 AM

I respectfully disagree Dan, I remember the Year of the Chemtrails when Art talked about them a lot.
Lots of call ins about them and Art hyped them a lot too. I can remember looking at a lot of contrails back then too. To me it was just more of the Sky is Falling nonsense, but good fun.

It's entirely possible our perceptions are different as I couldn't listen every night, so I'll respect your input and opinion.

I think chemtrails were pretty handy to take the attention off of hem equally silly "rods" phenomena.

albrecht

Interestingly 'The Economist' last week had an article on geo-engineering.
http://www.economist.com/news/science-and-technology/21635983-scientific-studies-techniques-deliberately-modifying-climate-are
So far, however, I haven't seen any articles in papers or magazines about "rods."
And years ago also:
http://www.economist.com/node/17414216

VtaGeezer

"Chemtrails" mystery solved:

May as well ask if all those interstate buses we used to see on the interstate were beamed up by aliens. I think the notion was, if not a C2C/Bell creation, certainly widely popularized on C2C.  It's reached permanent membership in the full-mooner pantheon of conspiracies by "them".

I never heard of chemtrails until I heard it on C2C in the 90s, and it was a certainly probably in Bell's top ten topics, though probably not as a whole show topic.  Now it part of the lexicon.

albrecht

Quote from: VtaGeezer on December 21, 2014, 01:09:53 PM

May as well ask if all those interstate buses we used to see on the interstate were beamed up by aliens. I think the notion was, if not a C2C/Bell creation, certainly widely popularized on C2C.  It's reached permanent membership in the full-mooner pantheon of conspiracies by "them".

I never heard of chemtrails until I heard it on C2C in the 90s, and it was a certainly probably in Bell's top ten topics, though probably not as a whole show topic.  Now it part of the lexicon.
I thought the interstate buses and truckers were more concerned with delivering guillotines and prison trucks with welded hand-cuff mounts to FEMA camps. (I always figured on the return trips. Take the loads of coke and heroin from MENA and then on the return load up on the chems to the air bases (Evergreen, etc) for future dispersal via Forest Service planes. BUT, I guess, they could also by "spraying" on the flip-side trip (ever notice those new ground-effects below and the wind-shields on top of cabs? How better to disperse? Trucks go everywhere and, especially when idling, could be out-gasses barium, aluminum, and the other chemtrail stuff :o

VtaGeezer

Quote from: albrecht on December 21, 2014, 08:54:35 PM
I thought the interstate buses and truckers were more concerned with delivering guillotines and prison trucks with welded hand-cuff mounts to FEMA camps. (I always figured on the return trips. Take the loads of coke and heroin from MENA and then on the return load up on the chems to the air bases (Evergreen, etc) for future dispersal via Forest Service planes. BUT, I guess, they could also by "spraying" on the flip-side trip (ever notice those new ground-effects below and the wind-shields on top of cabs? How better to disperse? Trucks go everywhere and, especially when idling, could be out-gasses barium, aluminum, and the other chemtrail stuff :o
I mentioned Greyhound etc meaning that air travel has mostly replaced them.  And buses were more comfortable than the flying cattle cars they call air lines now. I used to joke about when they'd allow livestock in the cabin, but no more with dog  & cat carry-ons.

DanTSX

Quote from: WhiteCrow on December 21, 2014, 10:46:31 PM

Way off topic, but.... I pretty much refuse to fly anymore unless I have to, because of the cattle mentality.
When I do fly, I go first class, but that's not much better. We fly private too but the cost are outrageous. We need whole planes that are first class only, with by-pass security/crowds service.
I'd gladly pay 3 to 4 times the economy fare for a 1st class only plane and service.

And while I'm at it... Get rid of those bus only expressway lanes and turn them into High Tax Payers only lanes. Same goes for all Tax Supported public places, like how about special days only for high tax payers to use Federal and State Parks. Just issue the high tax payers a VIP card to flash at any public place, so they don't have to deal with all the Raggies.

Do you use fractional private air subscriptions or vouchers like net Jets?

albrecht

Quote from: VtaGeezer on December 21, 2014, 10:20:31 PM
I mentioned Greyhound etc meaning that air travel has mostly replaced them.  And buses were more comfortable than the flying cattle cars they call air lines now. I used to joke about when they'd allow livestock in the cabin, but no more with dog  & cat carry-ons.
Yeah, I got that but liked to add some fun stuff there. Buses, I don't like, but at least you have opportunity to leave them. The weird thing is I actually enjoyed public transport in other countries (including backwards countries trains where where you piss and sh@t into a hole and, if interested, can watch how it goes (used to be here also but dang gov't regs) and bizarre rail lines that just end and then,maybe reverse themselves.) And random buses all over the place. But there is a weird, special thing we do here in the USA to make public travel worse. Our stations suck, there is no booze coffee or tea service really (or if there $$) and not "allowed" to bring your own, the routes are crazy and for a long trip impossible to make, etc. I like travel in ex-commie hellholes versus the TSA and Bush/Obama lines. At least you can drink, leave, or move to your destination. Or even smoke or ditch a ticket and buy another without getting a talking too and security checking.

Quote from: VtaGeezer on December 21, 2014, 01:09:53 PM

People were getting paranoid because the planes leave contrails in a "grid" or "net like" structure, which is not how commercial aviation flies.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on December 22, 2014, 08:04:01 AM
People were are getting paranoid because the planes leave contrails in a "grid" or "net like" structure, which is not how commercial aviation flies.
Fixed

I forgot to post this recent article earlier about ship chemtrails being proposed for geo-engineering, except they are only trails made by producing microscopic bubbles in a ship's wake.  I imagine it would end up causing mass genocide of various fish species when they start developing air embolisms or something similar.  There's no good way to fuck with nature.

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-30543252

Getting ships to generate smaller bubbles as they sail across the oceans could counteract the impact of climate change, a study suggests.

paladin1991

Quote from: albrecht on December 21, 2014, 08:54:35 PM
Keep running your suck reckless and loose.  YOU'RE ON THE RED LIST, PAL! Your day is coming.  You, the Christians, III percenters, and all your useless eater types, oh yes, your day is coming.

paladin1991

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on December 22, 2014, 08:04:01 AM
People were getting paranoid because the planes leave contrails in a "grid" or "net like" structure, which is not how commercial aviation flies.
Oh.  That.  Yeeeeeah.  *speaks into watch radio* "Here's another that can see."

wr250

Quote from: paladin1991 on December 23, 2014, 10:53:17 AM
Oh.  That.  Yeeeeeah.  *speaks into watch radio* "Here's another that can see."
Themudking  has one of those ...

wr250

Quote from: paladin1991 on December 23, 2014, 12:44:03 PM
On his penis?

i dunno, he never sends me coq pics.
i do know he has one on his wrist, said so on a spec sheet once.

paladin1991

Quote from: wr250 on December 23, 2014, 12:48:39 PM

i dunno, he never sends me coq pics.
i do know he has one on his wrist, said so on a spec sheet once.
Sorry.  I just assumed that since he was talking into it he wore it on his penis.  What?  Doesn't everybody?

I was up in Bakersfield for a little bit over the weekend and I noticed a couple of planes flying about from 3-5pm. The planes were leaving contrails as they flew. The only weird thing I noticed was that they left the contrails in the netlike pattern again, but they would do 1/3 of the net on each of Friday/Saturday/Sunday.

RedMichael

I don't and I don't get the people that write off everything as BS yet still listen.

Radio is a medium of entertainment. I like hearing the passion in some of the guests. Sometimes they weave a tale so well why not enjoy it? Any good story teller will tell it like it is real...why on C2C there are people that BELIEVE it is real. Sometimes I listen for a good laugh...sometimes I listen to break up a quiet night. Sometimes I even listen because the topics slant towards real life and the truth can be stranger than fiction (Knapp's missing persons shows for example). Sometimes I listen because as a child I found a certain topic VERY interesting and there is a small part of me that just wants to be convinced...it never happens but I still try.

Bell was someone we all knew. He could be a relative, a guy at the coffee shop who had a whopper to tell you, someone at a truck stop you ran into now and then, etc. There was an authenticity to him that you knew he might not even believe it himself but if he had a doozy to tell you, it wasn't a waste of your time. He would slowly steer a topic around and around, emphasizing the interesting things and doing it in such a way like he was thinking out loud and you were thinking with him. A master at his craft.

Knapp has an authenticity too. He believes in his craft...that of being an investigative reporter. There is a giant tangled knot of information in a ball and as the show progresses he slowly unwinds it with observation after fact after observation. Interjecting questions he had himself while investigating or questions that he had answered for himself as the knot unraveled. Then towards the end...the knot is as unwound as it can get. It makes so much more sense now than it did before...there might still be a hellish amount left to be untangled..or just a few incredibly important pieces still tangled...but you know he went the distance and what is left is a mystery in itself. Enough to get your mind going again. A master at his craft.

So you might not ever understand why I listen despite writing almost everything off as BS...but that is too bad, the show had some incredible moments for entertainment and sparking thought.