• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Were Chemtrails BS too?

Started by Daggit, December 21, 2014, 12:14:22 AM

WhiteCrow

Quote from: RedMichael on January 08, 2015, 03:58:52 AM

Radio is a medium of entertainment. I like hearing the passion in some of the guests. Sometimes they weave a tale so well why not enjoy it? Any good story teller will tell it like it is real...why on C2C there are people that BELIEVE it is real. Sometimes I listen for a good laugh...sometimes I listen to break up a quiet night. Sometimes I even listen because the topics slant towards real life and the truth can be stranger than fiction (Knapp's missing persons shows for example). Sometimes I listen because as a child I found a certain topic VERY interesting and there is a small part of me that just wants to be convinced...it never happens but I still try.

Bell was someone we all knew. He could be a relative, a guy at the coffee shop who had a whopper to tell you, someone at a truck stop you ran into now and then, etc. There was an authenticity to him that you knew he might not even believe it himself but if he had a doozy to tell you, it wasn't a waste of your time. He would slowly steer a topic around and around, emphasizing the interesting things and doing it in such a way like he was thinking out loud and you were thinking with him. A master at his craft.

Knapp has an authenticity too. He believes in his craft...that of being an investigative reporter. There is a giant tangled knot of information in a ball and as the show progresses he slowly unwinds it with observation after fact after observation. Interjecting questions he had himself while investigating or questions that he had answered for himself as the knot unraveled. Then towards the end...the knot is as unwound as it can get. It makes so much more sense now than it did before...there might still be a hellish amount left to be untangled..or just a few incredibly important pieces still tangled...but you know he went the distance and what is left is a mystery in itself. Enough to get your mind going again. A master at his craft.

So you might not ever understand why I listen despite writing almost everything off as BS...but that is too bad, the show had some incredible moments for entertainment and sparking thought.

A+   Perfection

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on December 21, 2014, 03:30:24 AM
People have been conditioned by shows like that to believe they are looking at chemtrails. 

The guy who used to popularize chemtrails on Art Bell lived a few miles away from me, on Saltspring Island in British Columbia, so he was seeing the same planes I was.  I've studied aircraft, combustion, jet engines, and relative humidity.  I call BS on the whole thing.

I'd be looking at the same ones too ....... Ladysmith, BC
Thought the whole thing was entertaining ....... nothing more.

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on January 08, 2015, 08:07:23 PM
I'd be looking at the same ones too ....... Ladysmith, BC
Thought the whole thing was entertaining ....... nothing more.

I'm actually on the Chemainus end of Saltair, perhaps within walking distance. Nice to meet you.

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on January 08, 2015, 09:28:59 PM
I'm actually on the Chemainus end of Saltair, perhaps within walking distance. Nice to meet you.

Saltaire is a portal ..... no?

Nice to meet you too!

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on January 08, 2015, 11:49:16 PM
Saltaire is a portal ..... no?

Nice to meet you too!

A portal between Ladysmith and Chemainus I suppose.  Just a four or five mile stretch of road really, but good Noory reference  ;D .

Zetaspeak

I got a kind of a funny Chemtrails story

I was at a baseball game with my brother and we saw a plane an some contrails and I pointed up and said some chemtrails remark. The guys sitting behind me who I didn't know started laughing. It's always cool to see somebody acknowledge C2C lingo where you don't expect it  :)

Pale Horse

NASA calls them "Persistent ConTrails" ... and now acknowledges them as a real (not conspiracy nut) phenomenon.  So I guess if NASA says they're real, then they must be real... Like when Harvard finally came out with the scientific proof that fluoride lowers IQ ( http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/features/fluoride-childrens-health-grandjean-choi/ ) . So suck-it, you anti-conspiracy nuts!

"Persistent ConTrails" is the NASA term for what you call Chemtrails. They are 100% real as anyone with eyes and a memory can confirm. Air Traffic did not use to "white out" the sky like it does now.  So please explain why this is acceptable. Our modes of transportation can not be allowed to White out the sky, turning Blue Skys hazy white. Whether this is for some nefarious purpose or if by accident (yeah, right) matters not...

So please, people, let's start with what we know for sure... There is a tremendous amount of air traffic and its fuel exhaust is whiting out the sky in an unacceptable manner. It must be addressed if our grandChildren our to ever experience the Blue Skys of our youth.

Persistent ConTrails = ChemTrails = NO MORE BLUE SKYs  for Anyone.  Pay attention.  NASA says they're real.

Quote from: Pale Horse on February 08, 2015, 01:36:06 PM
NASA calls them "Persistent ConTrails" ... and now acknowledges them as a real (not conspiracy nut) phenomenon.  So I guess if NASA says they're real, then they must be real... Like when Harvard finally came out with the scientific proof that fluoride lowers IQ ( http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/features/fluoride-childrens-health-grandjean-choi/ ) . So suck-it, you anti-conspiracy nuts!

"Persistent ConTrails" is the NASA term for what you call Chemtrails. They are 100% real as anyone with eyes and a memory can confirm. Air Traffic did not use to "white out" the sky like it does now.  So please explain why this is acceptable. Our modes of transportation can not be allowed to White out the sky, turning Blue Skys hazy white. Whether this is for some nefarious purpose or if by accident (yeah, right) matters not...

So please, people, let's start with what we know for sure... There is a tremendous amount of air traffic and its fuel exhaust is whiting out the sky in an unacceptable manner. It must be addressed if our grandChildren our to ever experience the Blue Skys of our youth.

Persistent ConTrails = ChemTrails = NO MORE BLUE SKYs  for Anyone.  Pay attention.  NASA says they're real.

Persistent contrails are not an admission of chemtrails.  They are persistent contrails.  They have been reported almost as long as ther has been flight and I have certainly seen them since I was a child 40 years ago. 

And they are not fuel exhaust.  They are the condensate of moisture that was already present in the air.  Do you know how a cloud is formed?  When the air is supersaturated with humidity, an imperfection in the air will cause the water vapour to nucleate, and this creates a natural 'seed' around which a cloud will form. I am not talking about artificial cloud formation, but the natural process that has always occured.

Under the right conditions, when the humidity is high and the air is still and cold, the exhaust from a jet engine creates a similar sort of imperfection in the air; the already humid air condenses around it; and this turns into tiny ice crystals.  The result is a streak of white along an aircraft's path that can persist for hours if air at the particular altitude is stable, cold, and stagnant.

There are several reasons why people notice this more than they used to:

1, someone thought to scare them with the term 'contrail', so they pay more attention than they used to.

2, there is far more air traffic now, and

3, engines are bigger and more powerful.  I wrote a paper on the engine design for the 777 when it came into production.  Rather than using four engines, they went with two, and each one had to be capable of flying the aircraft from takeoff to landing on its own.  Consequently, they applied a bunch of gee-whiz engineering to create the most powerful engines ever developed, by quite a margin.  In flight, they processed more air than any that ever came before -- meaning more visible contrails.  But more than that, these huge modern engines use a special trick to make themselves so powerful.  They use huge bypass ratios, meaning most of the air processed through the fan bypasses the rest of the jet engine.  This in turn means the jet outflow is cooled quite significantly.  Cooled air means lower moisture retention means a greater tendancy to create condensation, therefore contrails, out of the extant moisture in the air.  It also means a greater tendancy to create persistent ice crystals.

So there's your persistent contrails -- not chemtrails or exhaust at all but just ice crystals formed from moisture that was already there.

Pale Horse

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on February 08, 2015, 05:26:34 PM
Persistent contrails are not an admission of chemtrails.  They are persistent contrails.  They have been reported almost as long as ther has been flight and I have certainly seen them since I was a child 40 years ago. 

And they are not fuel exhaust.  They are the condensate of moisture that was already present in the air.  Do you know how a cloud is formed?  When the air is supersaturated with humidity, an imperfection in the air will cause the water vapour to nucleate, and this creates a natural 'seed' around which a cloud will form. I am not talking about artificial cloud formation, but the natural process that has always occured.

Under the right conditions, when the humidity is high and the air is still and cold, the exhaust from a jet engine creates a similar sort of imperfection in the air; the already humid air condenses around it; and this turns into tiny ice crystals.  The result is a streak of white along an aircraft's path that can persist for hours if air at the particular altitude is stable, cold, and stagnant.

1, someone thought to scare them with the term 'contrail', so they pay more attention than they used to.

3, engines are bigger and more powerful.  I wrote a paper on the engine design for the 777 when it came into production.  Rather than using four engines, they went with two, and each one had to be capable of flying the aircraft from takeoff to landing on its own.  Consequently, they applied a bunch of gee-whiz engineering to create the most powerful engines ever developed, by quite a margin.  In flight, they processed more air than any that ever came before -- meaning more visible contrails.  But more than that, these huge modern engines use a special trick to make themselves so powerful.  They use huge bypass ratios, meaning most of the air processed through the fan bypasses the rest of the jet engine.  This in turn means the jet outflow is cooled quite significantly.  Cooled air means lower moisture retention means a greater tendancy to create condensation, therefore contrails, out of the extant moisture in the air.  It also means a greater tendancy to create persistent ice crystals.

So there's your persistent contrails -- not chemtrails or exhaust at all but just ice crystals formed from moisture that was already there.

Ok smarty pants, way to miss the point.  If our mode of transportation whites-out the sky, it's time to go back to riding trains. 

albrecht

http://www.kvewtv.com/article/2015/feb/06/what-strange-rain/
http://www.komonews.com/weather/blogs/scott/Mysterious-dirty-rain-falling-in-Eastern-Washington-Oregon-291091671.html
I know I posted this in a separate thread (probably should've posted here since "chemtrails" are a theory out there.) One explanation is possible ash from Russian volcanoes. I'm thinking of several others:
-pollen?
-ash from fires (I forget when the wheat farmers near by and into Idaho burn off?)
-and since it is Spokane, residue from meth-labs leeching into the clouds and raining down?
-or chemtrail stuff?

Pale Horse

Since you wish me to clarify my statement, I will. 
What "conspiracy nuts" call ChemTrails is what NASA calls "Persistent CONTRAILS" ... So we agree that there is a phenomenon that some people refer to as ChemTrails and other people, correctly, refer to as "ConTrails."  These Contrails have a tendency to linger in the air and white out the sky, sometimes for hours on end as you mention. I live in a rural area; I see it everyday. It's not a theory. It's a fact. NASA admits that it is a problem.

This condensation that forms cloud like tails coming from the ass of airplanes used to dissipate after a short period of time. In fact, if you'll recall from childhood, you could watch the plane go across the sky and see it's tail disappear before it crossed the horizon. These Contrails now linger in the atmosphere for hours and hours on end, effectively Whiting out Sunny days. How is this acceptable?!?

Pale Horse

By your own admission, you state that people are noticing them more because of 2.)increased air traffic and 3.) massive increased size of the engines in the air and how they function differently than before...    So, what, it's okay to White-Out the sky and block the Sun as long as you're flying somewhere? That doesn't make any sense... we subsidized the Airline industry.   We should go back to other means if they are going to white out our blue skys. It's UNACCEPTABLE

Doesn't matter the reason. If we agree that's it's happening... let's agree to stop it from continuing... before it gets even worse.

If our mode of transportation whites-out the sky, it's time to go back to riding trains.

I don't know.  I guess I have a hard time understanding that as an issue because the sky where I live is clouded over for months on end.  I suppose it could be a little annoying for people living near a major hub if there are that many contrails filling the sky, but it's neither a health nor an environmental issue as far as I can tell.  Basically just clouds.

I do agree that we should do what we can to lessen the impact of anything like that.  The paper I told you about wasn't strictly about 777 engines.  I was looking at (then) current technology to determine whether we should re-examine aircraft with unducted fans as a way to improve engine efficiencies and reduce emissions.  That's the sort of thing I wanted to do with my engineering degree -- develop engine technologies and fuel infrastructure to help reduce our impact on global warming.

[attachimg=1]

Unducted Turbofan Engine

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Pale Horse on February 08, 2015, 07:28:26 PM

If our mode of transportation whites-out the sky, it's time to go back to riding trains.

Yeah, because trains are excellent at crossing the world in less than a day...  ::)

Pale Horse

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 09, 2015, 11:16:50 AM

Yeah, because trains are excellent at crossing the world in less than a day...  ::)

Steam ship can get you across the pond... and okay, sure go ahead and fly if you need to go that far away.. most of the persistent contrails will then be over the ocean and not blocking out the sun... here's some photos

Pale Horse

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 09, 2015, 11:16:50 AM

We could have an efficient system of modern, high speed trains that are more than adequate for continental travel. They could even be electro-magnetic, basically emissionless .....   

or we can continue to white out the sky... but I guess it's no big deal to you people without sunny skys. Y'all don't seem to care.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Pale Horse on February 09, 2015, 02:13:24 PM
We could have an efficient system of modern, high speed trains that are more than adequate for continental travel. They could even be electro-magnetic, basically emissionless .....   

WE could; How much are you putting into the project? Roughly?

or we can continue to white out the sky... but I guess it's no big deal to you people without sunny skys. Y'all don't seem to care.

The sky where I live isn't whited out, today was a very crisp bright day, hardly a cloud in the sky. Or Contrail...and we're under major flight paths east/west, south/north...

Pale Horse

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on February 09, 2015, 04:56:13 AM
I don't know.  I guess I have a hard time understanding that as an issue because the sky where I live is clouded over for months on end.  I suppose it could be a little annoying for people living near a major hub if there are that many contrails filling the sky, but it's neither a health nor an environmental issue as far as I can tell.  Basically just clouds.

I do agree that we should do what we can to lessen the impact of anything like that.  The paper I told you about wasn't strictly about 777 engines.  I was looking at (then) current technology to determine whether we should re-examine aircraft with unducted fans as a way to improve engine efficiencies and reduce emissions.  That's the sort of thing I wanted to do with my engineering degree -- develop engine technologies and fuel infrastructure to help reduce our impact on global warming.

Unducted Turbofan Engine

Airplane emissions are some the worst polluters there are... Flak gets stuck on your eyeballs. People have "floaties" swimming around on the lens of their cornea because of airplane pollution. It's an epidemic.  Their exhaust are not just simple vapor as you mentioned previously.  There are molecules of shit, shit-particles, coming out the butts of those airplanes. We should sue them. Class-action lawsuit for "flak-floaties," on everyone's eyeballs. Well, at least everyone who works outside.

I'm gonna remind you this summer, when one of your precious sunny days disappears because of "Persistent Contrails" aka "ChemTrails"  ... What are your most clear and sunny months? I will remember and look for a day that gets ruined. Then I will ask you what your grandkids did that day... (they stayed inside and played video games).   

High speed, electro-magnetic trains would be a preferable method of continental travel. Screw the airlines. and their super flawed technology. I want my blue sky back. 

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Pale Horse on February 09, 2015, 02:22:37 PM
Airplane emissions are some the worst polluters there are... Flak gets stuck on your eyeballs. People have "floaties" swimming around on the lens of their cornea because of airplane pollution. It's an epidemic.  Their exhaust are not just simple vapor as you mentioned previously.  There are molecules of shit, shit-particles, coming out the butts of those airplanes. We should sue them. Class-action lawsuit for "flak-floaties," on everyone's eyeballs. Well, at least everyone who works outside.

Actually no.

I'm gonna remind you this summer, when one of your precious sunny days disappears because of "Persistent Contrails" aka "ChemTrails"  ... What are your most clear and sunny months? I will remember and look for a day that gets ruined. Then I will ask you what your grandkids did that day... (they stayed inside and played video games).   

High speed, electro-magnetic trains would be a preferable method of continental travel. Screw the airlines. and their super flawed technology. I want my blue sky back.

As I asked above, what is your contribution to making these inter continental ultra high speed, high efficiency electro magnetic trains? To the nearest billion.

Pale Horse

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 09, 2015, 02:17:50 PM
WE could; How much are you putting into the project? Roughly?

The sky where I live isn't whited out, today was a very crisp bright day, hardly a cloud in the sky. Or Contrail...and we're under major flight paths east/west, south/north...

We stop subsidizing the airline industry until they get their emissions problem under control. Our society does spend money on transportation infrastructure, jackass... My personal contribution will be getting the discussion started on this message board. #winning

Secondly, one clear day in your area does not disprove the existence of Persistent Contrails.  Those pictures I posted are perfect evidence of existence, not to mention NASA's admission of it being a real phenomenon.    If the mass of Contrails pictured below happened a couple days a week in your area, you would not feel so caviler. It happens to other people and other towns. It's as real as a heart attack. Stop shaming people for speaking out about what is happening to them. It's pathetic.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Pale Horse on February 09, 2015, 02:31:34 PM
Actually, yes, airplane FLAK is a real thing, PUD.

You suggest (I have no idea why I'm replying, but here goes) suing the airlines for floaters in eyes; Here's a courtroom scenario.

VERY expensive airline lawyer: "Tell the jury will you Mr Horse, what scientific evidence have you to prove without a shadow of any doubt that your eye specks are only from airline jet efflux?"

You: Well, I just know, it's all from airliners"

Lawyer and jury laugh: "Really Mr Horse? You just know, and that's your 'evidence? Interesting science"

Pale Horse

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 09, 2015, 02:47:35 PM

You suggest (I have no idea why I'm replying, but here goes) suing the airlines for floaters in eyes; Here's a courtroom scenario.

VERY expensive airline lawyer: "Tell the jury will you Mr Horse, what scientific evidence have you to prove without a shadow of any doubt that your eye specks are only from airline jet efflux?"

Lawyer and jury laugh: "Really Mr Horse? You just know, and that's your 'evidence? Interesting science"

So Now you have me representing myself in a class-action lawsuit against the airline industry. Thanks a lot PUD.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Pale Horse on February 09, 2015, 02:54:40 PM
So Now you have me representing myself in a class-action lawsuit against the airline industry. Thanks a lot PUD.

You mentioned suing them. Or does suing the airline industry bypass the legal system?

Pale Horse

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 09, 2015, 02:47:35 PM

For anyone who is interested ... this guy died shortly after appearing on Coast to Coast.... it's a Noory episode, so you gotta hold your nose while you listen, but it's only 40 mins. excellent story... http://tinyurl.com/m42qda9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=xDF_dAuZXnM&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DxDF_dAuZXnM%26feature%3Dyoutu.be&app=desktop

http://tinyurl.com/m42qda9

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Pale Horse on February 09, 2015, 03:02:58 PM

For anyone who is interested ... this guy died shortly after appearing on Coast to Coast.... it's a Noory episode, so you gotta hold your nose while you listen, but it's only 40 mins. excellent story... http://tinyurl.com/m42qda9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=xDF_dAuZXnM&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DxDF_dAuZXnM%26feature%3Dyoutu.be&app=desktop

http://tinyurl.com/m42qda9

It goes to show how strong your physical and mental state has to be before contemplating appearing on C2C. If you're not up to it, avoid.

Pale Horse

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 09, 2015, 03:13:55 PM

It goes to show how strong your physical and mental state has to be before contemplating appearing on C2C. If you're not up to it, avoid.

He died from exposure... to Noory's cowardice... which I'm starting to notice has polluted this board as well.

just give everyone a parachute and launch them using a giant super cooled electromagnetic trebuchet. problem solved.

Quote from: Pale Horse on February 09, 2015, 02:13:24 PM

That's another thing I'm quite interested in.  Maglev trains travelling in partially evacuated tunnels (vacuum tunnels) should be able to travel at thousands of miles per hour using current technology, and it would be a very efficient mode of travel.  Not emissionless though -- not if you depend on coal plants for the electricity.

Pale Horse

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on February 09, 2015, 03:44:46 PM
just give everyone a parachute and launch them using a giant super cooled electromagnetic trebuchet. problem solved.

Why didn't you just say "catapult" ... If you're gonna solve all our problems, at least use the common vernacular.