• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Hackening (SONY)

Started by area51drone, December 02, 2014, 12:24:55 AM

albrecht

Quote from: Kelt on December 19, 2014, 10:16:28 PM
It was the American philosopher, Michael Gerard Tyson, who said, "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."
I won good money (for me) on that match with Buster Douglas!! On a whim and bet with the crazy odds. Awesome. Having said that they whole issue is ridiculous. I won't say, lest people of the bad-sort know, but the future isn't large-scale ICBMs. I only hope we start thinking on the nano, bio, and chemical way and quickly, and, yes, the hacking, but the worse stuff is worse.

albrecht

Quote from: VtaGeezer on December 19, 2014, 02:22:44 PM
"Approval" used in a govt context implies the authority for denial of use or release.  You're playing word games as usual because your premise is false.
You think I'm playing word games! This is almost as good as Chevy Chase in Spies Like Us press conference!
http://freebeacon.com/issues/psaki-denies-sony-email-claim-that-state-dept-approved-kim-jong-un-assassination-scene/

Yorkshire pud

I'm late again to this "Can we blame Obama for this?" thread and haven't read it all. Has anyone pointed out that Sony is Japanese and it's likely with the delicate relationship Japan has with NK, this has influenced Sony's decision?

Carry on.

Gd5150

What about the cinematic masterpiece Team America World Police?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Gd5150 on December 20, 2014, 05:44:01 AM
What about the cinematic masterpiece Team America World Police?

It was a documentary wasn't?

Kelt

I'm excited about the prospect of scalar weaponry in particular, and in the event of a breakthrough in energy storage, good old fashioned lazorz pewpewpew.

Don't write off the venerable ICBM, though.

Quick Karl

Quote from: Kelt on December 19, 2014, 10:16:28 PM
It was the American philosopher, Michael Gerard Tyson, who said, "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

+10

And like him or not, Mike is intelligent, and quite the philosopher.

One of my favorite Mike Tyson quotes hangs on the wall inside my offices:

"If you want to be the best there is, the Heavyweight Champion of The World, you have to be able to do what you hate to do, like you love it" - Mike Tyson

My second favorite Mike Tyson quote is the answer he gave to Greta Van Susteren when she asked him, during an interview, if he hit his ex wife Robin Givens...

"If I hit her it would have ripped her head off" - Mike Tyson

I love the guy.

Yorkshire pud

Sony is Japanese. It just happens to have plants doing different things around the world.

I spoke to my brother tonight (he works as a s/w engineer at Sony UK) and the word on the internal scuttlebutt is that NK did NOT do the hacking. Clearly someone with the technical ability did, but NK isn't suspected (at least unofficially).

Zoo

Yes it was and they would not even show that!!1

North Korea proposes joint Sony hack inquiry with US
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-30560712

On Saturday, the North Korean foreign ministry said: "As the United States is spreading groundless allegations and slandering us, we propose a joint investigation with it into this incident."
"Without resorting to such tortures as were used by the US CIA, we have means to prove that this incident has nothing to do with us."
Strange bedfellows indeed.

VtaGeezer

Sony is the George Zimmerman of the First Amendment.

DanTSX

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 20, 2014, 12:00:12 PM
Sony is Japanese. It just happens to have plants doing different things around the world.

I spoke to my brother tonight (he works as a s/w engineer at Sony UK) and the word on the internal scuttlebutt is that NK did NOT do the hacking. Clearly someone with the technical ability did, but NK isn't suspected (at least unofficially).

That's pretty well accepted as fact since it broke.

Fault will likely fall on Russians in Siberia. (Where PRK has numerous business interests already)

DanTSX

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 20, 2014, 02:09:45 AM
I'm late again to this "Can we blame Obama for this?" thread and haven't read it all. Has anyone pointed out that Sony is Japanese and it's likely with the delicate relationship Japan has with NK, this has influenced Sony's decision?

Carry on.

You need to consider the delicate relationship that the U.S. has with Japan in this as well.......they are dependent on us economically and defensively.   

It's not so much as blaming Obama as it is expecting our president to make a statement regarding our ability to ensure a bulwark for our economy, of which this event presents a significant precident. 

This is a pretty big deal as other nations and groups will attempt a similar stunt in the future.   Most likely we will see a more direct and disabling cyber attack on our financial systems and infrastructure that could really leave us vulnerable.

Of course people like you will play the "find a reason why America deserved it" while some here do the whole "how do we blame Obama for this..." As you are so gifted to observe......

Zoo

I think it really balls down to it that the American people are nothing more than a bunch of scared little bicthes. They are scared of their shadows and are willing to give everything thing up for the false sense of security. Everyday you wake up in America you have a 1 and 32,000 chance of being killed violently. Not one thing you can do about it. So maybe Americans  should start acting like the hard motherfucks they think they are instead of the scared little bicthes they are!!1

Quote from: DanTSX on December 21, 2014, 11:12:47 PM
... It's not so much as blaming Obama as it is expecting our president to make a statement regarding our ability to ensure a bulwark for our economy...

Give the man a chance, he's off on vacation

Quote from: Zoo on December 21, 2014, 11:39:43 PM
I think it really balls down to it that the American people are nothing more than a bunch of scared little bicthes. They are scared of their shadows...

Seriously?

Most people don't even know it happened, and couldn't find Korea, Japan, or even the US on a map.  They think the rest of the world is just like here except for different food and funny accents

And they know 'it' could never happen here

Zoo

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 21, 2014, 11:43:32 PM
Seriously?

Most people don't even know it happened, and couldn't find Korea, Japan, or even the US on a map.  They think the rest of the world is just like here except for different food and funny accents

And they know 'it' could never happen here

I think fear lead to ignorance and the ignorance has lead us to becoming a bunch of scared little children. Always ready to give up some more freedom to daddy government so we can have a false sense of security. Just what I believe. remember only three percent of colonist had the balls to fight for our freedom that we are so willing to give up now days for security!!1

Quick Karl

Quote from: DanTSX on December 21, 2014, 10:57:28 PM

That's pretty well accepted as fact since it broke.

Fault will likely fall on Russians in Siberia. (Where PRK has numerous business interests already)

I believe it is a CIA plot to undermine Kim and cause him to do something that will be an excuse to kill him.

Quote from: Quick Karl on December 22, 2014, 10:36:36 AM
I believe it is a CIA plot to undermine Kim and cause him to do something that will be an excuse to kill him.

Along those lines, the leadership of North Korea is not stable.  It never has been, and it is less so now with the Littlest Kim.  There are factions that don't agree it should be a hereditary kingdom and who think they and their people should be in the inner circle.

It's been awhile since the succession comedies the Soviets, the Chinese, and the East Bloc nations used to put on, and it was a smooth transition in Cuba from Fidel to Raul.  The NK transition is not going as smoothly as it is being presented.

So to add to your speculation, perhaps it was a non-Kim faction in NK for the reason you mentioned.  The Chinese are uneasy with NK now to, perhaps it was them.  It sure looks like a set up though, doesn't it

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Ruteger on December 19, 2014, 07:54:28 PM
This why I will NEVER voluntarily surrender my guns to ANYONE.
So you can watch stoner flicks?

VtaGeezer

Quote from: analog kid on December 19, 2014, 08:38:52 PM
Sony is a Japanese company who had sloppy security (they often used "password" as a password). It's their own fault and they're currently getting sued for having such lax security.

But since when is corporate products a matter of national security?
This X 100
This whole thing is bullshit.  The Chinese and Russians have hacked and stolen billions in intellectual property including defense technology.  Freelance hackers steal consumer credit cards by the millions...regularly.  So what's industry's answer for sloppy to non-existent security?  A blank stare and shrug...because IT security doesn't add to the bottom line or bonuses...so screw it. Sony Pictures' parent is a fucking COMPUTER MAKER and even they ignored the risk.  Time for FCC, Treasury, and SEC to come up with strict internet security requirements for commercial, utility and govt users in the US before some hacker club in Guangzhou shuts down the grid, vacuums the banks, and melts down a few reactors.  We're headed for a web-based catastrophe.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 22, 2014, 11:18:56 AM
Along those lines, the leadership of North Korea is not stable.
Three psycho absolute dictators from one family in 65 years is as stable as it gets.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: DanTSX on December 21, 2014, 11:12:47 PM

Of course people like you will play the "find a reason why America deserved it" while some here do the whole "how do we blame Obama for this..." As you are so gifted to observe......

Well you got the first bit wrong; I think hackers should be taken out and flogged until death no matter who the victim. Not that I have any strong feelings on the matter you understand. But I certainly don't think America 'deserves it' at all.

Quote from: DanTSX on December 22, 2014, 12:11:53 AM

Again?

Does he ever work?

I know, he took a vacation to his hometown last Christmas too.  What a git.

DanTSX

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on December 22, 2014, 04:03:54 PM
I know, he took a vacation to his hometown last Christmas too.  What a git.

There were a few more than that....

Zoo

We do not fight any country that has nukes because we are scared. Why we even listen or pay attention to NK is beyond me. Just be glad I am not in charge because NK would be nothing more that a place we put our garbage!!1

Quote from: Zoo on December 23, 2014, 07:32:03 AM
We do not fight any country that has nukes because we are scared. Why we even listen or pay attention to NK is beyond me. Just be glad I am not in charge because NK would be nothing more that a place we put our garbage!!1

Thanks Zoo!  I am glad about that.