• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Grand Jury decision in "Gentle Giant" or "Thug" police killing made.

Started by albrecht, November 24, 2014, 03:54:13 PM

b_dubb

Quote from: VtaGeezer on January 04, 2015, 10:52:25 AM
Hard to believe this is still a debate.  Wilson was an incompetent cop.  After 5 years on the job in that neighborhood, he should have known well how to handle punks on the street.  He should've never have allowed Brown with in reach.  All he had to do was pull his truck forward and then deal with the pair of punks from a safe distance.  Handling such situations WAS SUPPOSED TO BE HIS JOB.  The DA's pet grand jury compounded the mess. Wilson blew it, a kid is dead because of his incompetence, and tens of millions lost in the aftermath, and he made a martyr of a nasty street punk who should be in jail.  Excusing Wilson is ridiculous.
This. So much this. And his incompetence and the BS grand jury has put police everywhere in harms everywhere.

Wilson blew it, a kid is dead because of his incompetence,

Negative. That kid is dead because he tried to kill a cop. Period.

And THAT must be the take away message.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Gd5150 on January 04, 2015, 03:54:15 AM
This thread has become painful to read. One side throwing logic and evidence at the other side who forms their opinions in emotion and close minded bias. It's an excerside in futility.

It isn't even that. It's one side that buys into the leftwing media and the narratives of the protest industry against the other side that buys into the right wing media and the narratives of the religion industry. Sure, the thread has some free thinkers, but most of the people taking part are victims of their own social programming and the lack of free thought is appalling.

mikuthing01

he should have known well how to handle punks on the street.  He should've never have allowed Brown with in reach.  All he had to do was pull his truck forward and then deal with the pair of punks from a safe distance.  Handling such situations WAS SUPPOSED TO BE HIS JOB.

Sounds that you are implying that cops should assume all black people are dangerous and not get to close. Seems kind of racist to assume every black person has the intent to mame and kill you and you should keep back with a hand on a tazer and not let them get to close. But then again Ferguson is a dangerous place to live if you are white or sell cigarillos. Maybe you are right and the answer is to treat all blacks like they are animals. I dont think i could do it though because I'm not racist.

b_dubb

What he's doing is making an insightful post full of truth. What you're doing - mikwhatthefuckever - is being a race baiting troll fuck. Please take this opportunity to walk into heavy traffic

mikuthing01

Quote from: b_dubb on January 05, 2015, 06:41:58 PM
What you're doing - mikwhatthefuckever - is being a race baiting troll fuck.

That's not even possible i dont work for MSNBC or any other liberal media. And telling me to walk into traffic is very hurtful #Check your privilege #FCKH8

Why is anyone giving a fuck about this piece of shit? 

I wouldn't mind at all if every violent thug out there disappeared tomorrow, in fact I think it would be terrific

b_dubb

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 05, 2015, 07:41:36 PM

I wouldn't mind at all if every violent thug out there disappeared tomorrow, in fact I think it would be terrific
Well we wouldn't want to inconvenience you with due process and rule of law.  Why don't we burn the Constitution while we're at it?  Or would you to prefer to use it as toilet paper P*B?  Are you out of tp?  Is that what this is about?

albrecht

Quote from: b_dubb on January 05, 2015, 07:50:35 PM
Well we wouldn't want to inconvenience you with due process and rule of law.  Why don't we burn the Constitution while we're at it?  Or would you to prefer to use it as toilet paper P*B?  Are you out of tp?  Is that what this is about?
Constitution? What is that? If it was anything it was an archaic document written by landed white men mainly of Christian background with no regard to the gender, sex, racial, class issues  ;) (or so we are told.) That being said we also get this view that, whilst being a singularly racist, classist, and sexist document and law, that also the Constitution is something that we should uphold-- but only because, oddly, it is something that should be constantly changed, expanded, or modified- usually by Judicial decree by unelected Justices or Federal judges until taken up by the higher Court- no matter what the people think, what the actual writers and signatories to the Constitution thought, how the Congress wrote the laws, how a State made their laws, what precedence was established in Common Law, or how the people voted. Constitution :o Tell me that when you audited by the IRS or your neighbor, self, or employer gets a "National Security Letter" about you! Or your property lies in the way of a new highway, pipeline, or some bird-landing watershed place or heaven forbid some owl. Then talk Habeus Corpus or the Constitution.

Catsmile

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 05, 2015, 07:41:36 PM

I give a fuck about how that piece of shit MIGHT have been put down.
If you think it can't happen to you, or yours because you are not some violent thug, or piece of shit. Wait until the cops, and DA get finishes telling their narrative about the possible execution. 

Who chooses who a violent thug is or isn't?

I wouldn't mind if frogs had wings so they wouldn't bump their asses when they jump.

If it's the Constitution you're worried about, there is a hell of lot more abuse of it going on in places that actually matter to people.  Like in the Oval Office and on Capital Hill. 

Some dumb puke out looking for trouble got what he deserved.  So what?  What about all the people he won't victimize in the future - don't they matter?  It's the victims of criminals that should get ALL our sympathy and compassion, not the criminals, not the people who raised them. 

Your moral compass is way off on this.  Not to mention your sense of perspective if you think THIS is the Constitutional issue you choose to amplify

Gd5150

Due process? Fortunately there was due process despite the president, and attorney general, and mainstream media. And like always liberals don't give a f...about due process or courts or laws unless it serves their agenda. As if they ever show any respect for the system. From the office of the presidency to the constitution. They're simple and predictable. And it's to be expected. When their most harelded leaders like Clinton and Obama crap on the system surely the ignorant lemming followers will to.

Due process found the cop innocent like we all knew it would. Idiots rioted on the streets and whined at bellgab, like they always do.

Quote from: Catsmile on January 05, 2015, 11:10:14 PM
I give a fuck about how that piece of shit MIGHT have been put down.

If you think it can't happen to you, or yours because you are not some violent thug, or piece of shit. Wait until the cops, and DA get finishes telling their narrative about the possible execution. 

Who chooses who a violent thug is or isn't?

I wouldn't mind if frogs had wings so they wouldn't bump their asses when they jump.

"Who chooses who a violent thug is or isn't?"  Offhand, I think an officer under attack can tell.  Are you saying this wasn't the case here?

You "give a fuck about how that piece of shit might have been put down?"  Me too.  Minutes after one violent crime, he attacked a cop. 

People that do this shit start off young, they start off with small stuff and get worse the more they get away with.  Let's say after strong-arming that clerk and robbing the store, the cop had backed down after he'd been attacked - do you want to see the next escalation?  Be the next victim? 

I'll take my chances with the cops instead of out of control violent 'youths' like this, anytime.  Do you really think you are more likely to be shot by rogue police than by one of these creeps?  I'd like to know what stats or thinking process you used to come to that conclusion

Why not find an innocent police victim to use as an example, instead of this jerkoff?  Oh I know, because this is what the mob and Big Media are telling us to do

NowhereInTime

I see how it works; unarmed black man selling loose cigarettes? DEATH PENALTY.

Rich, white, darling of conservatives who betrayed the trust of an entire state?  Two years.

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/01/06/ex-virginia-gov-bob-mcdonnell-gets-2-years-for-corruption/21125688/

Catsmile

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 06, 2015, 01:41:55 AM
"Who chooses who a violent thug is or isn't?"  Offhand, I think an officer under attack can tell.  Are you saying this wasn't the case here?

You "give a fuck about how that piece of shit might have been put down?"  Me too.  Minutes after one violent crime, he attacked a cop. 

People that do this shit start off young, they start off with small stuff and get worse the more they get away with.  Let's say after strong-arming that clerk and robbing the store, the cop had backed down after he'd been attacked - do you want to see the next escalation?  Be the next victim? 

I'll take my chances with the cops instead of out of control violent 'youths' like this, anytime.  Do you really think you are more likely to be shot by rogue police than by one of these creeps?  I'd like to know what stats or thinking process you used to come to that conclusion

Why not find an innocent police victim to use as an example, instead of this jerkoff?  Oh I know, because this is what the mob and Big Media are telling us to do

You can't separate what I typed, from your narrow narrative. Where did I say I cared about the punk kid, or the cop? I don't know the facts of the case, nor was I there. I only have the "facts" the police and DA put forth. The "Thug" may have earn his death in the street, or possibly not.

If you can't step back for a second and acknowledge that the cop and everyone doing the investigation were all on the same team, and bias could happen from the DA all the way down. You've thrown critical thinking out the window, painting with a broad brush, your biased narrative.

Seems clear to me you've never really had many dealings with cops, each encounter can be a mixed bag at best. And you don't have to be a criminal thug to have dealings with the police.

I've see police write down incorrect testimony from witnesses, to suit there narrative, "busting a thug." A cop wrote down my account, when I tried to see what he wrote he wouldn't let me see it. I found that odd. When he let his guard down I read it over his shoulder. I told him what he wrote down wasn't what I said. He in short order told me that what he wrote was what I said, I disagreed. He threaten me by saying he was going to charge me with providing false testimony, and lying to the police. I held firm, he got pissed and it ended there, and he ignored me wouldn't even look at me. I was never called to testify, don't know how it turned out. Never seen any parties involved before, or since. Thats just one nugget from personal experience. Like it or not justice isn't always blind, or balanced. I've seen the police make up a story, after the fact to suit the outcome they wanted. To question outcomes does not mean I'm choosing sides.

Catsmile

Without that video what would the story have been, and the outcome? Hummm...
Cops will pull a gun on you, and shoot you. Even if you are complying with what they say.

Video shows trooper shooting unarmed man, South Carolina police say

mikuthing01

Quote from: NowhereInTime on January 06, 2015, 03:47:22 PM
I see how it works; unarmed black man selling loose cigarettes? DEATH PENALTY.

Rich, white, darling of conservatives who betrayed the trust of an entire state?  Two years.

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/01/06/ex-virginia-gov-bob-mcdonnell-gets-2-years-for-corruption/21125688/

Eric Garner ignored a liberal tax law and resisted arrest so they killed him for it. I dont agree with it and he seemed like a good guy who got caught up in a bad law.

Levar Jones the South Carolina mans police shooting is even worse. He had committed no crime and was trying to comply with the officer and was shot anyways. 

Jose Guerena was also gunned down by SWAT for committing no crime. www.abcnews.go.com/US/swat-team-gunned-marine-find-drugs/story?id=13702756

It's stories like these that everyone should be protesting not thugs like Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown. Why the black community destroyed their city over a thug who got what he had coming i will never understand.

Quote from: NowhereInTime on January 06, 2015, 03:47:22 PM
I see how it works; unarmed black man selling loose cigarettes? DEATH PENALTY...

You do understand de Blasio and the rest of the greedy 'Progressives' running the NYC government insisted the cops crack down on people selling 'black market' single cigarettes, and not paying the taxes.

What about the officer in charge overseeing the arrest, a black female sergeant named Kizzy Adoni?  Perhaps she didn't realize 'black lives matter'.  Probably just another pig, right?

So what would you have them do?  Ignore de Blasio's demands (I think that's going to start happening anyway)?  Not respond when the store Eric Garner was selling cigs in front of called?  Let him go after he told them he didn't want to be arrested?

Another thing.  It's great the Left has come to realize someone else besides them matters, in this case 'black lives'.  Thanks for noticing.  Maybe you'll get around to noticing some other people's lives matter to, and that they even have the right to disagree with your ideology.   

Now that you've noticed people other than yourselves matter, hopefully your next epiphany is that the rest of us knew that long ago.

b_dubb

Eric Garner's death was an accident. He should not have resisted arrest. The cops should have been smart enough to administer CPR. Wilson fired his weapon at Brown 12 times. Let's put aside the legitimacy of the shooting for a minute. Is the outcome of the conflict between Brown and Wilson a good outcome? A town is reduced to rubble, cops - good cops - are being targeted and there are protests (civil and uncivil). Short of civil war this is the worst possible outcome. Bad cops need to be held accountable. Maybe if this lawsuit to lift the gag order on this Ferguson juror goes through the truth will come out.  I think Wilson and Ferguson prosecutor are as dirty as they come.

Well we wouldn't want to inconvenience you with due process and rule of law.  Why don't we burn the Constitution while we're at it?...

Quote from: b_dubb on January 06, 2015, 08:21:32 PM
... Bad cops need to be held accountable. Maybe if this lawsuit to lift the gag order on this Ferguson juror goes through the truth will come out.  I think Wilson and Ferguson prosecutor are as dirty as they come.

It did go through 'due process', whether everyone likes the outcome or not, whether they think the prosecutor and cop are 'dirty' or not.  And as you mention, this isn't the end - there will be more legal action to come in the form of lawsuits.

It certainly is a mess.  I think bad cops should be held accountable as well, it's just that it's far from clear we have one in this case.  I think most people are willing to defer to the grand jury, who were extraordinarily thorough in looking at the evidence and in interviewing witnesses.  They knew the world was watching and that they needed to get it right. 

One thing I'd like to point out is how over the years our legal system has been tilted to completely favor the accused.  Think of all the criminals who have walked because of various technicalities, all the times evidence was suppressed for one BS reason or another, all the times certain witnesses testimony was suppressed for one BS reason or another, jury shopping for those who would be most sympathetic to thug behavior, all the various cheap legal tactics now built into the 'law' that are there specifically to get criminals off (thank you ACLU).

And all the times those same criminal have gone on to create new victims

In these cases we're sanctimoniously instructed by the same people who are now outraged that this is the price of living in a civil and free society, that there are going to be criminals let free from time to time, and that we just have to live with it, and blah, blah, blah. 

And that is when we the public are about as certain as we can be the person did the crime and should be locked up - as opposed to this case, where most of America agrees with the outcome so far. 

b_dubb

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 07, 2015, 01:52:47 PM... the grand jury, who were extraordinarily thorough in looking at the evidence and in interviewing witnesses.  They knew the world was watching and that they needed to get it right. 
THIS DID NOT HAPPEN.  The grand jury was rigged.  Witnesses were cherry picked to shape a not guilty narrative around Wilson.  Dissent amongst jurors was quashed.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 07, 2015, 01:52:47 PM
...And that is when we the public are about as certain as we can be the person did the crime and should be locked up - as opposed to this case, where most of America agrees with the outcome so far.

You've got some big brass ones, don't you?  You presume to speak for "the people" yet never substantiate your base opinion with any information as to who actually agrees with you.

The Dark Knight Rises - Bane Blackgate Prison Speech FULL HD 1080p

Zetaspeak

I think the title is perfectly said. It's the exaggeration of both sides. I think it does no favors when you portray anybody as an angel, you are just asking for people to find faults.

On the other hand and taking somebody possible worst moment and just seeing that same footage replayed all the time and say that the representation of that person can be very unfair.

As for the slippery slope argument (he started stealing, you know it will get worse) somehow that same argument is not said for drunk drivers. Should anybody with a hint of alcohol in their system get the same fate? They can be a danger to society too.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Zetaspeak on January 09, 2015, 04:01:38 AM
I think the title is perfectly said. It's the exaggeration of both sides. I think it does no favors when you portray anybody as an angel, you are just asking for people to find faults.

On the other hand and taking somebody possible worst moment and just seeing that same footage replayed all the time and say that the representation of that person can be very unfair.

As for the slippery slope argument (he started stealing, you know it will get worse) somehow that same argument is not said for drunk drivers. Should anybody with a hint of alcohol in their system get the same fate? They can be a danger to society too.
Speaking as a guy in the trade?  Yes, there is a slippery slope with drinkers.  Too many of them really believe that the alcohol is not the problem.  It's always "the other guy" or "they changed the lights on me" or some other excuse. 
It always starts with "a" beer. Then it's "I can handle my liquor".  Finally, its always "it wasn't my fault."

Anyone else notice the FBI wrapped up their investigation and cleared the cop in the Ferguson incident? 

This is a good place to note the FBI is under the Executive Branch - specifically the Justice Dept headed by Eric Holder.

So the 'Hands up don't shoot' is again proven to be another Big Lie from the Left.  But that doesn't matter, because this was never about Ferguson - it's about the same thing Occupy is and was about.  Smearing the country, sowing chaos, disinformation, confusion, fear, and hate.  It's about intimidation of our citizens, and threats to our downtowns, police, and overall security ('no justice, no peace'). 

These current 'protestors' - from Solidarity to Occupy to the 'Black Lives Matter' claque - have the same goals, and use tactics very similar to the Islamic Terrorists.  The only difference is the lower level of crime and intimidation compared to actual bombs.  Not that the Left is against bombs.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 23, 2015, 10:08:12 PM
Anyone else notice the FBI wrapped up their investigation and cleared the cop in the Ferguson incident?

Yes.

QuoteThis is a good place to note the FBI is under the Executive Branch - specifically the Justice Dept headed by Eric Holder.

Who, according to you, wouldn't be capable of investigating this fairly.  Yet, Obama justice department, under Holder, did not see enough evidence to warrant federal charges.  Instead of commending, somehow this is yet another opportunity for unwarranted criticism.

QuoteSo the 'Hands up don't shoot' is again proven to be another Big Lie from the Left.

No, it just means that, in this instance, there isn't enough evidence to charge wrong doing.  Doesn't invalidate the frustration African Americans feel about unarmed black people being gunned down.

QuoteBut that doesn't matter,...

Not to you. 

Quote... because this was never about Ferguson - it's about the same thing Occupy is and was about.  Smearing the country, sowing chaos, disinformation, confusion, fear, and hate.  It's about intimidation of our citizens, and threats to our downtowns, police, and overall security ('no justice, no peace').

Spoken like a misanthrope who is just afraid of everything.  It's about the protection of human and civil rights (there are other rights besides those to "bear arms"), it's about government (specifically the criminal justice system) treating the citizenry with respect.

Ironic, as you always assert (without substantiation) the Obama administration has somehow violated your rights.  Typical conservative; claim the Feds are stealing your rights while it's the local good ole boys who treat you like crap. 

QuoteThese current 'protestors' - from Solidarity to Occupy to the 'Black Lives Matter' claque - have the same goals, and use tactics very similar to the Islamic Terrorists.  The only difference is the lower level of crime and intimidation compared to actual bombs.  Not that the Left is against bombs.

Yeah, and there goes the last shred of your credibility.  The Chicken Little conservative crying about the Big Bad Left.

Quote from: NowhereInTime on January 24, 2015, 12:52:54 PM
... Obama justice department, under Holder, did not see enough evidence to warrant federal charges...

I think you left out a word. 

It might have been better stated 'even the Obama justice department under Holder did not see enough evidence to warrant federal charges'...

Obama and Holder ought to be ashamed of themselves for stirring up more trouble instead of waiting for the process to work.  I'm assuming the 'Messiah' in the White House won't be bringing those dead cops back to life?

Zoo

People still do not get it.. Police can kill you and nothing will happen to them as long as the use key words. "I was scared for my life" or "He was resisting arrest" if those words are mentioned you have no rights as a citizen. Well fuck that and fuck anyone who thinks that this is right. You have to hold people in power responsible for every action they make. People are scared to say anythings because cop lovers and so called patriots do nothing but verbally bash them. But I am not one of those who scare easily. If you are a cop who will turn in his fellow officers for violating citizens rights then you are a good cop (citizens first). All the rest are nothing but bitch ass bullies who need to be fired and charged with violating the rights of citizens. Fuck the thin blue line and fuck all those who do not cross it!!1

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 24, 2015, 02:45:46 PM
I think you left out a word. 

It might have been better stated 'even the Obama justice department under Holder did not see enough evidence to warrant federal charges'...

Obama and Holder ought to be ashamed of themselves for stirring up more trouble instead of waiting for the process to work.  I'm assuming the 'Messiah' in the White House won't be bringing those dead cops back to life?
You are indeed one fanatical crazy SOB. Regardless what the Obama Admin may do, even when they agree with you, you think there's a perverse way to distort it against him.  It just makes you look like an absolutist intolerant prick.