• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Obama to announce immigration order in Las Vegas on Friday

Started by Quick Karl, November 19, 2014, 11:44:07 AM

albrecht

Quote from: bateman on November 22, 2014, 08:04:51 PM
Therein lies the problem. The right loves illegal immigration for this exact business reason. The left loves it because it's guaranteed D votes.
Call me cynical but I would say that Obama's amnesty decree and agitation for a "comprehensive reform" by him, the Democrats, and the corporate business lobby Republicans are mainly for tax capture reasons, in addition to the cheap labor (won't be as cheap once legalized) and votes. Currently, illegals- at least in my FEMA Region VI, are paid in cash. The government doesn't like cash. Harder to trace and income taxes are often avoided (though sales taxes, etc still are paid by the illegals when purchasing products.) Legalizing them, it is hoped, to get with-holding and income taxes to be paid or at least financial transactions traceable. Many people these days, even citizens, are working "off the books"- at least in part. This is a bad thing, at least for government coffers, in their opinion. The ideal system for Obama (and the large corporate lobby) is a consolidated economy with big employers and less small employers, independent contractors, and cash-based workers and less cash transactions. The large corporations pay for campaigns and lobbyists and (here in the US) subsidize healthcare costs and, in turn, get legislation (regulatory capture) and US tax code benefits. The war is also against small businesses, family farms, independent truckers, or independent contractors who can't afford the HR overhead, pay for the lobbyists and tax attorneys, or give as much $$ for campaigns.

DanTSX

Quote from: albrecht on November 22, 2014, 09:00:29 PM
Call me cynical but I would say that Obama's amnesty decree and agitation for a "comprehensive reform" by him, the Democrats, and the corporate business lobby Republicans are mainly for tax capture reasons, in addition to the cheap labor (won't be as cheap once legalized) and votes. Currently, illegals- at least in my FEMA Region VI, are paid in cash. The government doesn't like cash. Harder to trace and income taxes are often avoided (though sales taxes, etc still are paid by the illegals when purchasing products.) Legalizing them, it is hoped, to get with-holding and income taxes to be paid or at least financial transactions traceable. Many people these days, even citizens, are working "off the books"- at least in part. This is a bad thing, at least for government coffers, in their opinion. The ideal system for Obama (and the large corporate lobby) is a consolidated economy with big employers and less small employers, independent contractors, and cash-based workers and less cash transactions. The large corporations pay for campaigns and lobbyists and (here in the US) subsidize healthcare costs and, in turn, get legislation (regulatory capture) and US tax code benefits. The war is also against small businesses, family farms, independent truckers, or independent contractors who can't afford the HR overhead, pay for the lobbyists and tax attorneys, or give as much $$ for campaigns.

So you are disappointed that they don't have to follow immigration laws, but now have to pay taxes?

What kind of life did you envision for these people?  Full citizenship but not having to pay taxes? :o

Or is this a neo-"blame bush"'ism of sorts?  You are delusional if you are trying to blame the republicans for the EO you guys were having kittens of hope and change over just last week.

DanTSX

Quote from: Marc.Knight on November 21, 2014, 01:41:07 PM

To answer the premise of your questions.... "Yes."  In the past 5 years the widespread hiring of illegal immigrants for farm work has displaced generational American workers (and their families) from their livelihood making $15 to $30 an hour.  The illegal workers are lucky if they see $3 to $5 an hour.  This has been quietly, yet pervasively occurring across the USA.  And yes, many Vets were farm workers before they entered the military, and many try to return to that work when they are discharged.

Now we all get to watch wages across the board adjust downward!

Yours too!

Illegal workers didn't get paid $3-$5 an hour.  Most studies showed that they made close to what Americans would get paid, but the benefit would be the employers wouldn't have to pay taxes.  And the illegals would get paid cash.  So, at the end of the day, the illegals were actually taking home more in many cases.

DanTSX

Quote from: bateman on November 22, 2014, 08:04:51 PM
Therein lies the problem. The right loves illegal immigration for this exact business reason. The left loves it because it's guaranteed D votes.

If either side actually enforced the existing laws, the problem wouldn't exist.

And don't even get me started on what illegal immigration does to our already overcrowded schools and hospitals, not to mention overcrowded jails and prisons.

DanTSX

Quote from: FightTheFuture on November 23, 2014, 12:25:29 AM
And don't even get me started on what illegal immigration does to our already overcrowded schools and hospitals, not to mention overcrowded jails and prisons.

I believe that education is a right, and the government needs a quota and voucher system to ensure that immigrant children are placed in private school and suburban public schools right along side the children of the middle-class, educated parents that voted for Obama.  Especially the ones that love to blame Republicans for all of their problems in this forum.

It's for the chirren.  Every chirren deserves the same chances.

3OctaveFart

Obama's talents are chimeric, he's as fake as his phony Chicago accent, he's not a leader. And if he's bored with the "job" as he clearly is then he needs to take a hike and let someone else give it a try.

Wait until we see a list of the pardons when he exits the stage.

albrecht

I suggest a "executive order," of sorts. All the Republicans and Democrats, in a secret vote in their own clubs so no political fall-out, go to their country-clubs and vote to make them more "exclusive," as it used to be in the good old days. Being excluded Obama would have to flee the Beltway area in his opportunities for golf- or body-man time (if all the rumors are true.) "Fight for old D.C.!"