• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Pope Says Kids Need Both Mom and Dad

Started by Quick Karl, November 18, 2014, 07:38:22 PM

jazmunda

Quote from: Quick Karl on November 18, 2014, 07:38:22 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/the-pope-says-kids-need-both-mom-and-dad-102977672772.html

I've been saying this since the 70's...

Not sure how accurate that is. I know plenty of people who had both parents who either one or both were deadbeat parents. I've also known some people with only one parent who excelled in life. I think it's more important to have good role models. Just having both parents the key.

Even though you turned out "okay" by your own standards?

Yorkshire pud

https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/the-pope-says-kids-need-both-mom-and-dad-102977672772.html

And no-one listened to you? Damn them!!!!!! Don't they know you have your finger on the pulse of the nation/world?

ksm32

I was raised by wolf. Yeah, just one, and I'm fine.

DanTSX

Quote from: jazmunda on November 18, 2014, 07:46:23 PM
Not sure how accurate that is. I know plenty of people who had both parents who either one or both were deadbeat parents. I've also known some people with only one parent who excelled in life. I think it's more important to have good role models. Just having both parents the key.

I think that Francis is talking more about the impact to society as a whole, rather than individual cases.

I too know of families where the child was MUCH better off raised by a divorced single parent, rather than being forced to grow up in a dysfunctional family where both remained married, or a single parent who gave up on trying to find a substitute father figure for the child.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: DanTSX on November 23, 2014, 02:01:34 PM

I think that Francis is talking more about the impact to society as a whole, rather than individual cases.

I too know of families where the child was MUCH better off raised by a divorced single parent, rather than being forced to grow up in a dysfunctional family where both remained married, or a single parent who gave up on trying to find a substitute father figure for the child.

Because all single parents are women.  ::)

DanTSX

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 23, 2014, 02:13:30 PM

Because all single parents are women.  ::)

For the purposes of brevity, I didn't think it needed to be said that the that the gender roles couldn't be reversed.  You guys are smarter than that.  But if that is what you want to get stuck on.....I can't help you.

If a child has two gay Daddies, it's better than one gay Daddy.  Which supports the point of Francis.  But, I'll leave it up to you to question why I didn't define if one is a power top, both are power bottoms, an ambi or whatever.

It's all kind of a moot point.  How are you going to legislate couples to stay together and outlaw one night stands, and who would be willing to do that?

DanTSX

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on November 23, 2014, 07:13:40 PM
It's all kind of a moot point.  How are you going to legislate couples to stay together and outlaw one night stands, and who would be willing to do that?

I don't think anyone suggested that ought to be done.

Quick Karl

Quote from: DanTSX on November 23, 2014, 02:01:34 PM

DING!

Fuck society - follow you whim!

paladin1991

Quote from: DanTSX on November 23, 2014, 07:07:43 PM

For the purposes of brevity, I didn't think it needed to be said that the that the gender roles couldn't be reversed.  You guys are smarter than that.  But if that is what you want to get stuck on.....I can't help you.

You must be new here.  Hehhehe.  Look around this forum.  HEheh.  NOW, try and say that with a straight face.  (Or a gay one, if you're partial or......familiar)

Kelt

Why would the head of an organisation like the Catholic Church or NAMBLA think they can lecture normals on how to raise children?

Be like asking Hitler how best to make friends with your Jewish neighbours.

paladin1991

Quote from: Kelt on November 24, 2014, 11:48:54 AM
Why would the head of an organisation like the Catholic Church or NAMBLA think they can lecture normals on how to raise children?

Be like asking Hitler how best to make friends with your Jewish neighbours.
'dolph baby would probably recommend to make friends of Jews at gunpoint.  Kinda like raising kids.

What's your point?

Kelt

My point?

That the head of an organisation notorious for abusing children should probably keep a low profile when it comes to telling people the best way to raise children.

Much like a man notorious for murdering Jews probably shouldn't be giving input into the "How to befriend Jews" discussion.

paladin1991

Quote from: Kelt on November 24, 2014, 12:14:31 PM
My point?

That the head of an organisation notorious for abusing children should probably keep a low profile when it comes to telling people the best way to raise children.

Much like a man notorious for murdering Jews probably shouldn't be giving input into the "How to befriend Jews" discussion.
Apparently someone doesn't understand the humor that is oftentimes wrapped in BS or even serious responses here.

There is a fair amount of gallows or black humor that is utilized by some of us  BellGabbers.

aldousburbank

Quote from: ksm32 on November 23, 2014, 03:06:22 AM
I was raised by wolf. Yeah, just one, and I'm fine.

But did the wolf raise you Catholic or not I think is the issue here dude.

Kelt

Quote from: paladin1991 on November 24, 2014, 12:19:27 PM
Apparently someone doesn't understand the humor that is oftentimes wrapped in BS or even serious responses here.

There is a fair amount of gallows or black humor that is utilized by some of us  BellGabbers.

I see. 

I'm perhaps ignorant of the ways of Bellgab but, given the internets, it's dangerous to assume that people are being deadpan.

Lack of intonation, body language, or waggled eyebrows makes interpretation a tricky business.

paladin1991

Quote from: Kelt on November 24, 2014, 12:33:15 PM

I see. 

I'm perhaps ignorant of the ways of Bellgab but, given the internets, it's dangerous to assume that people are being deadpan.

Lack of intonation, body language, or waggled eyebrows makes interpretation a tricky business.
Indeed, it is the absence of visual ques  that has led to more than one flame war. 

That and general assholiness.

DanTSX

Quote from: Quick Karl on November 23, 2014, 08:06:24 PM
DING!

Fuck society - follow you whim!

But liberalism is always using the "it's what is best for society...." bat to hit us over the head.........

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Kelt on November 24, 2014, 11:48:54 AM

This. X1000.

Eddie Coyle

Diddling priests prefer single parent homes...

They're at cross purposes with the Pope on this issue.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on November 18, 2014, 07:56:11 PM
Even though you turned out "okay" by your own standards?
No, I think old Sigmund Freud here just confessed to something the rest of us already figured out long ago...