• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Tim Cook, Apple CEO, is gay

Started by DigitalPigSnuggler, October 30, 2014, 08:20:10 AM

"Plenty of colleagues at Apple know I'm gay, and it doesn't seem to make a difference in the way they treat me," Cook writes. "Of course, I've had the good fortune to work at a company that loves creativity and innovation and knows it can only flourish when you embrace people's differences. Not everyone is so lucky."

http://www.cnet.com/news/tim-cook-so-let-me-be-clear-im-proud-to-be-gay/#ftag=YHF65cbda0

Yawn

MV/Liberace!

"Yawn" is right. I'm so tired of people formally announcing who and how they like to fuck. Just be who you are and shut the fuck up about it.

albrecht

"Yawn" is right. What is this obsession with wearing your sexuality on your sleeve and making public pronouncements. Do normal, using the term as a statistical term per CDC and other surveys not as a pejorative, people who are CEOs have a press conference or interview where they proclaim or flaunt their sexuality? Will this help sales or stock price? Why? I can see how actors, or even politicians, might do this to gain votes, media attention but these are the same people who are wont to not wear underwear, in hopes of getting "accidental" media and tabloid attention, and will kiss the ugliest (or meanest) baby, to get another vote. This guy is in charge of publicly held company which is very successful. What is his gain and how will this help shareholders?

The General

C'mon, all the popular kids are doin it.

area51drone

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on October 30, 2014, 08:20:10 AM
Yawn

Agreed.  I think the bigger story is how he's trying his damnedest to look like Steve Jobs with those glasses of his.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: area51drone on October 30, 2014, 11:47:35 AM
Agreed.  I think the bigger story is how he's trying his damnedest to look like Steve Jobs with those glasses of his.

racist.

paladin1991

As a young Marine, I was a homophobe.  I wouldn't cross the street to piss on a homo if he was on fire in the gutter.
As I matured, I later realized that I really don't give a shit if my foxhole partner 'pitches, catches or eats fish.'  I just need that fucker to put out rounds and do as I say when we went downrange.

Cook is gay?  Fuck him.  I don't give a shit.  That's btwn him and God, not him and me.  Unless he makes it so.  Then we might have a problem.

And while not gay myself, I am pretty fucking happy. 

Quick Karl

I never knew that a person's sexual choice was a political topic...

Strangely, a small percentage of the population keeps insisting on making it a political topic.

Gd5150

Quote from: Quick Karl on October 30, 2014, 12:36:27 PM

Strangely, a small percentage of the population keeps insisting on making it a political topic.

Gay or straight someones ass should be canned for the iOS 8 debacle. Clearly a sabotage from the inside.

Yes, the small percentage of the population known as neocons keeps the issue right out front and center.  And praise jesus that they have the DECENCY to deny their gayness and keep their beastly sexual habits in the public restrooms, churches, and congressional offices where they belong.  Not like these goddamn liberals who are ruining the country by flaunting their sexuality and hopping into bed two and three at a clip.

Gd5150

Well, now we know the iPhone was changed to take the male audio jack in the bottom.

Today, everything has become a political topic.  If it's not framed that way, nobody pays attention.  Sexual preference?  Political topic.  Evolution?  Political topic.  Climate change?  Political topic.  Racism?  Political topic...

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on October 30, 2014, 12:47:07 PM
Yes, the small percentage of the population known as neocons keeps the issue right out front and center.

i never cease to be amazed by the labels you brainlessly apply to people, the specific behaviors you sweepingly associate with those labels, and the confidence with which you do so.  you are a jerry falwell of your political spectrum, and whenever your fingers approach a keyboard, i feel certain i'm about to take in a giant spoonful of suck.

neocons keeping the issue front and center:

gays attempting to keep their sexuality a non issue:

if not for those nasty neocons, clearly nobody would be talking about "the issue".

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on October 30, 2014, 12:47:07 PM
Yes, the small percentage of the population known as neocons keeps the issue right out front and center.  And praise jesus that they have the DECENCY to deny their gayness and keep their beastly sexual habits in the public restrooms, churches, and congressional offices where they belong.  Not like these goddamn liberals who are ruining the country by flaunting their sexuality and hopping into bed two and three at a clip.

Actually, the Gay Mafia goes from demand to demand - suing, pressuring politicians, ginning up Propositions, agitating, working on the bureaucracy, whatever it takes.

Living here in the Bay Area they lost me when they made it clear they don't give a shit about anyone else's rights - ever, anyone else's views - ever.  Remember ACT UP - like good little Libs they'd go around to places like universities and block passage and blow whistles if any speaker they disagreed with were to be invited to speak.  And in the name of 'Free Speech' - theirs.

They mock the religion of others, they shout down speakers, they blocked common sense measures while AIDS was raging out of control.  No it's not political. 

Wasn't it just last year that the SF Board of Supervisors (!) had to step in and say the old wrinkled militant gays walking around town had to at least put down a towel if they were going to sit on a bus seat, or a seat in a café.  So, you know, someone else could use it later without sitting in whatever they left behind

It's a bad idea to give in to bullies, regardless of the situation

Yorkshire pud

Speaking of inappropriate political topics...

http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,6222.0.html

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 30, 2014, 03:30:35 PM
Actually, the Gay Mafia goes from demand to demand - suing, pressuring politicians, ginning up Propositions, agitating, working on the bureaucracy, whatever it takes.

Living here in the Bay Area they lost me when they made it clear they don't give a shit about anyone else's rights - ever, anyone else's views - ever.  Remember ACT UP - like good little Libs they'd go around to places like universities and block passage and blow whistles if any speaker they disagreed with were to be invited to speak.  And in the name of 'Free Speech' - theirs.

They mock the religion of others, they shout down speakers, they blocked common sense measures while AIDS was raging out of control.  No it's not political. 

Wasn't it just last year that the SF Board of Supervisors (!) had to step in and say the old wrinkled militant gays walking around town had to at least put down a towel if they were going to sit on a bus seat, or a seat in a café.  So, you know, someone else could use it later without sitting in whatever they left behind

It's a bad idea to give in to bullies, regardless of the situation

Did you type all that in one breath without going blue?

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 30, 2014, 03:36:21 PM

Did you type all that in one breath without going blue?

Nope.  Kind of a strange question - does that happen to you?

I live at ground zero for this - it's local news - and have watched their antics for a long time.

Oh, by the way - if you aren't gay you're unlikely to get a job in certain departments in certain companies. 

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 30, 2014, 03:39:14 PM

I live at ground zero for this - it's local news - and have watched their antics for a long time.

Oh, by the way - if you aren't gay you're unlikely to get a job in certain departments in certain companies.

I'm pleased for you. Truly.

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 30, 2014, 03:39:14 PM

The LGBT community is going overboard -- we can agree on that -- BUT that is always what has to happen when there has been a lack of social equilibrium for so long.   Civil rights for women, blacks, gays, whatever have to be rammed down everyone's throats until they become accepted and integrated into society.  Then equilibrium can be re-established.  That's the way it works.  That's the way it has always worked.

[attachimg=1]

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 30, 2014, 03:47:18 PM

I'm pleased for you. Truly.

You know, San Francisco - and the whole West - was mostly Conservative not that long ago.  Since we are the open minded tolerant enlightened folks, all sorts of people came here over time, and were allowed to be - beatniks, hippies, gays, misc nuts, people who didn't fit in anywhere else.

Now that the Left has the votes, there is no tolerance, no open-mindedness, no allowing people to just be - from them.  Everyone must agree with them, and think and do as they say, or be punished. 

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on October 30, 2014, 03:48:38 PM
The LGBT community is going overboard -- we can agree on that -- BUT that is always what has to happen when there has been a lack of social equilibrium for so long.   Civil rights for women, blacks, gays, whatever have to be rammed down everyone's throats until they become accepted and integrated into society.  Then equilibrium can be re-established.  That's the way it works.  That's the way it has always worked.

I'm not going to stand in the way - I realize the Gay Mafia is not representative of all.  But I'm not helping out either.

Trying to force people who don't wish to do things like bake wedding cakes or force ministers and others conduct 'wedding' ceremonies, is typical.  And way over the line.  Not to mention a violation of our Freedom of Association

Quote from: MV on October 30, 2014, 03:24:24 PM
i never cease to be amazed by the labels you brainlessly apply to people, the specific behaviors you sweepingly associate with those labels, and the confidence with which you do so. 

Thank goodness there is only one person like that here on Bellgab.  Glass half full, MV.

Quick Karl

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 30, 2014, 03:55:14 PM
You know, San Francisco - and the whole West - was mostly Conservative not that long ago.  Since we are the open minded tolerant enlightened folks, all sorts of people came here over time, and were allowed to be - beatniks, hippies, gays, misc nuts, people who didn't fit in anywhere else.

Now that the Left has the votes, there is no tolerance, no open-mindedness, no allowing people to just be - from them.  Everyone must agree with them, and think and do as they say, or be punished.

+50,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 etc., etc., etc...

b_dubb

I can't imagine anyone was shocked by this. He marched at the front of a pride parade.

The General

Quote from: b_dubb on October 30, 2014, 05:52:00 PM
I can't imagine anyone was shocked by this. He marched at the front of a pride parade.
What a fag.

b_dubb

It wasn't until the last thirty or forty years that being gay wasnt a crime. And gay men came to be known as faggots as they were mixed in with the kindling when witches were burnt at the stake. Haven't you ever wondered why they call cigarettes fags in England?

I don't care to know someone's sexual inclination. I do like knowing that we live in world where these people can disclose this information without fear of reprisal or punishment.

aldousburbank

Isn't Tim Cook's coming out or whatevers a little like saying Liberace liked rhinestones or Jacko and The Bieber dig chimps? Or am I at a different party than you alls?

aldousburbank

Quote from: Quick Karl on October 30, 2014, 05:05:40 PM
+50,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 etc., etc., etc...