• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Beyond The Beltway

Started by albrecht, October 26, 2014, 05:57:11 PM

albrecht

Any thoughts? To me much better than the "Sunday morning" news shows. It is all political, so obviously if not into politics than a bad show, but pretty decent and they will take calls- even from the non-mainstream, far-left/far-right, and sometime have interesting guests. I often laugh because in my FEMA Region it comes on right after the "Alex Jones" Sunday show and clearly there are some callers who call in to BTB having just heard some bizarre theory etc from that show. Normally they are shut down but he takes the call.
http://www.beyondthebeltway.com/

yumyumtree

I remember this program. It went away when the station decided they preferred to run infomercials, Billy Cunningham, reruns of Dave Ramsey or something like that.

I think it's a great show. I listen to it every Sunday. We get 2 hours of it here, & I think it's one of the better political shows on the radio. Bruce Dumont really does a great job hosting and keeping everything moving.

My only complaint, and its not a big complaint, would be that the guests are always local politicos. Occasionally the show begins sounding like an old SNL skit about "da bears."

albrecht

Quote from: yumyumtree on October 30, 2014, 11:53:09 PM
I remember this program. It went away when the station decided they preferred to run infomercials, Billy Cunningham, reruns of Dave Ramsey or something like that.
That is too bad. It is a good show and not your typical rightwing (or leftwing) talkshow stuff. And not like the Sunday morn stuff is these days just political talking points.

Curiousnad

It is a very good post on it. I just posted this and I was looking for rerunning. There is for sure

albrecht

Will likely be an interesting show tonight considering the elections. I like this show better than "the Sunday Shows" or NPR because it comes from a less of a DC-based perspective and has people from different sides and the callers are sometimes good.
www.beyondthebeltway.com

Corona Kitty

That's the cool name for a show.

albrecht

Quote from: username on November 13, 2016, 05:45:27 PM
That's the cool name for a show.
It often is somewhat "Chicago- based" because it is run out of there but Bruce Dumont has been doing it from something like 30 years and provides an alternative between the "two coasts" and DC perspective. It is also not a ranting or host-based show but more real discussion.

I take this back after learning this information. Sucks. The show still is ok but considering the apparent connections that a BG poster showed me I cannot endorse. I'm not for guilt by association but sharing a house and then, apparently, picking this guy up post-prison release and giving him housing?
http://chicagoradioandmedia.com/news/8410-museum-of-broadcast-communications-seeking-to-replace-bruce-dumont
http://chicagoradioandmedia.com/news/8339-news-notes-harpo-studios-wkqx-moody-radio-steve-bertrand-kevin-matthews-steve-cochran-stephanie-miller-more