• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Bout fricken time!

Started by Quick Karl, October 25, 2014, 01:21:46 PM

Quote from: Quick Karl on October 25, 2014, 01:21:46 PM
I'm glad Sir Charles has some balls...

Better check with Kelt.  They might be scrotal cysts.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on October 25, 2014, 01:27:38 PM
Better check with Kelt.  They might be scrotal cysts.

No, the scrotal cysts are the ones who read the link and think it's independent fact based information. Hilarious.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 25, 2014, 01:37:26 PM
No, the scrotal cysts are the ones who read the link and think it's independent fact based information. Hilarious.

Independent fact based information, wtf are you talking about?  What, it's not accurate unless one of your left-wing media outfits tells you?

If you don't think that's some of what goes on, you don't know the US as well as you think you do (which you've already demonstrated repeatedly).  Charles Barkley isn't the only person who should know from the inside saying this, and not for the first time either.

But since you know better, maybe you can tell us why so much of Black America is dysfunctional?

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 25, 2014, 03:21:54 PM
But since you know better, maybe you can tell us why so much of Black America is dysfunctional?

And when you stopped beating your wife.

Quote from: Quick Karl on October 25, 2014, 01:21:46 PM
http://dailycaller.com/2014/10/25/charles-barkley-unintelligent-blacks-brainwashed-to-keep-successful-black-men-down-video/

I'm glad Sir Charles has some balls...

I have been saying this for many years. The only difference, of course, is that when I say it, I'm immediately labeled as a racist.

It's nice to hear Charles talking about this "dirty little secret" that really isn't a secret at all. It's just a taboo subject that nobody wants to discuss. And you can thank the folks on the left for that. Because frankly, it is in their best interest to subjugate blacks in this country. We see it every election cycle, when all the Democrats come out fomenting racial tensions.

I can't even begin to count how many times I have  seen blacks, successful blacks, being labeled as Uncle Tom's, Oreo cookies, house niggers, and so on. It's a national disgrace!  And I would argue, a tragedy of immense proportion, perpetrated by the Democrats.

Quote from: FightTheFuture on October 25, 2014, 04:41:45 PM
I can't even begin to count how many times I have  seen blacks, successful blacks, being labeled as Uncle Tom's, Oreo cookies, house niggers, and so on.

I can.  I never hear it.  But then again I don't hang around with many Republicans, so our experiences are likely to be different.

albrecht

Unfortunately they often don't seem to do much better in Africa. To wit look at the shambles of places like the former Rhodesia. Once the breadbasket of Africa with first-world cities. Or to the Rainbow Nation, a former first world country now riddled with corruption, crime, HIV-AIDS, ethnic tensions, rape epidemics, etc.
I know, I know: slavery, colonialism, white folks, capitalist exploitation, Cold War proxy wars, European made borders irrespective of tribe, the global warming, etc. Not that other peoples have been enslaved, were colonies, had wars, and had to deal with evil white people.

Quote from: albrecht on October 25, 2014, 07:52:38 PM
Unfortunately they often don't seem to do much better in Africa. To wit look at the shambles of places like the former Rhodesia. Once the breadbasket of Africa with first-world cities. Or to the Rainbow Nation, a former first world country now riddled with corruption, crime, HIV-AIDS, ethnic tensions, rape epidemics, etc.
I know, I know: slavery, colonialism, white folks, capitalist exploitation, Cold War proxy wars, European made borders irrespective of tribe, the global warming, etc. Not that other peoples have been enslaved, were colonies, had wars, and had to deal with evil white people.

Why don't you fuckin Klansman just sack up and say what's so obviously on your minds: "niggers are inferior to humans"

You might find honesty refreshing.

aldousburbank

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on October 25, 2014, 04:45:48 PM
But then again I don't hang around with many Republicans, so our experiences are likely to be different.
Whatsa matter mang? You don't strike me as a wallflower. C'mon, mingle!

Independent fact based information, wtf are you talking about?  What, it's not accurate unless one of your left-wing media outfits tells you?

If you don't think that's some of what goes on, you don't know the US as well as you think you do (which you've already demonstrated repeatedly).  Charles Barkley isn't the only person who should know from the inside saying this, and not for the first time either.

So you found a black guy who has said something congruent with your beliefs that blacks are to blame for their problems, and you feel this is some sort of validation and vindication.  Not because his opinions represent the perspective of the black community, or that his thoughts were fully developed in an argumentative or persuasive form, or that Barkley is an expert on socio-political matters.  No, you found ONE black guy who found a public identity, and remains in the public eye, by shooting his mouth off.

Having found him, you dust your hands off and declare your work done.  It doesn't change the validity or blunt the offensiveness of the ideas themselves; in fact, it doesn't change them at all.  They're true, not because they always were accurate, but because a black guy agrees with them.  They're not racist, because you found a black guy who is willing to voice them.  And that form of evidence presentation is not racist, because...well, because it isn't.

It seems more reasonable to you that there is a massive conspiracy involving (coincidentally) all the people that you loath, one to keep the truth about black people hidden.  Millions of people all playing this con, and only a few brave truth-sayers like Barkley that break ranks.  All of this seems more logical than the alternative, which is that you're wrong.

This is the kind of logic and reason that comes from the right wing in this country.

Gd5150

Bill Cosby has been saying it for decades. Nevermind his comments haven't been peer reviewed.

How a race ends up where it's at is irrelevent as only the individuals can get themselves out of their problem. Sadly black people remain oppressed and exploited more than any other race due their corrupt church leaders, the Jessie Jackson and Al Sharptens, and the Democrat party which has been keeping them enslaved since the Johnson social programs of the 60s. These socalled leaders who use them for their vote haven't done a damm thing to help them help themselves. Just empty promises and blame the evil racist Republicans. So as a group they remain behind the rest of society in economic progress.

Fortunately with each generation more and more are getting a college education, getting out of the Democrat controlled hoods, and getting out of the politcal party which has enlsaved them half a century. The next generation of black Americans will continue to move the ball forward in prosperity and education. It's a beautiful thing. The Dems know this and they are now making "undocumented" their new slaves.

area51drone

DPS, what are your beliefs regarding the black community in general?   Do you consider them equal, better off, or worse with regards to average household wealth compared with whites, asians and latinos?   I'm not asking you to justify your answer, I'm assuming you have read statistics that support your claim.  With that answer, why do you feel that blacks, again as a whole, are in that position today - whether that be less wealth, equal or more?

WildCard

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on October 26, 2014, 08:25:08 AM
So you found a black guy who has said something congruent with your beliefs that blacks are to blame for their problems, and you feel this is some sort of validation and vindication.  Not because his opinions represent the perspective of the black community, or that his thoughts were fully developed in an argumentative or persuasive form, or that Barkley is an expert on socio-political matters.  No, you found ONE black guy who found a public identity, and remains in the public eye, by shooting his mouth off.
Really? You've never heard this in person before? I have.

If what he's saying is lunatic fringe, what's the straight dope?
Having found him, you dust your hands off and declare your work done.
What would you have us do? Not to say, 'I'm not my brother's keeper' or that white Americans don't owe a debt to the ancestors of our slaves. But specifically, what is our work?

Based on your argument of "free stuff" vs. "freedom" in the chrome thread, you must understand how dis-empowering welfare is. An entire generation without fathers. What could go wrong?

Quick Karl

Quote from: WildCard on October 26, 2014, 11:00:33 AM

Really? You've never heard this in person before? I have.

If what he's saying is lunatic fringe, what's the straight dope?What would you have us do? Not to say, 'I'm not my brother's keeper' or that white Americans don't owe a debt to the ancestors of our slaves. But specifically, what is our work?

Based on your argument of "free stuff" vs. "freedom" in the chrome thread, you must understand how dis-empowering welfare is. An entire generation without fathers. What could go wrong?

None of what you say matters - only name-calling and perpetuating the myth matters.

VtaGeezer

Barkley's always promoted himself by being the conspicuous black celeb on the right.  He was a pal of Limbaugh when he played still for Phoenix. He's also the guy who actually brags about gambling millions away in Vegas.

Having found him, you dust your hands off and declare your work done.  It doesn't change the validity or blunt the offensiveness of the ideas themselves; in fact, it doesn't change them at all...

Well, I was gong to point out that others have been saying the same thing, most notably Bill Cosby.  But those people are like the 'good' Moslems, afraid to speak up lest all hell rains down on them for doing so.

I was also going to say that most blacks have managed to avoid or escape being poor, uneducated, dependent, and living in a hopeless situation.  This doesn't apply to everyone

And also that this is only one reason too much of Black America is in the situation it's in.  It's not even the main reason.

I was going to post all that in response to your post, but others beat me to it.

Quote from: VtaGeezer on October 26, 2014, 01:13:48 PM
...  He was a pal of Limbaugh when he played still for Phoenix...

Which enhances his credibility

WildCard

Quote from: VtaGeezer on October 26, 2014, 01:13:48 PM
Barkley's always promoted himself by being the conspicuous black celeb on the right.  He was a pal of Limbaugh when he played still for Phoenix. He's also the guy who actually brags about gambling millions away in Vegas.
Wow. So, not a guy you'd want to have a beer with? 

The "Sir" clued me in. Fuck The Queen!
http://mentalfloss.com/article/29904/10-famous-people-who-turned-down-knighthood

And I loathed Bill Cosby long before his "controversial" comments.

But the, "dirty little secret" that really isn't a secret at all", isn't right-wing/white-supremacist propaganda.

The first guy that broke it down for me was just a working-class Joe. He was in a Union so I assume he leaned left.

Ghetto culture doesn't reward education and success. If possible, it punishes you for it.

If a person is self sufficient, they don't need the Libs and their handouts.  They don't need the Democrats and their obsession with race.

Quote from: area51drone on October 26, 2014, 10:20:06 AM
DPS, what are your beliefs regarding the black community in general?   Do you consider them equal, better off, or worse with regards to average household wealth compared with whites, asians and latinos?   I'm not asking you to justify your answer, I'm assuming you have read statistics that support your claim.  With that answer, why do you feel that blacks, again as a whole, are in that position today - whether that be less wealth, equal or more?

I love Paper*Boy like the slightly retarded younger brother that I never had, and so I have a benevolent, indulgent attitude towards him.  He goes off on these rants about, say, homeless people.  Everything you need to know about homeless people fits neatly into a few sentences, including the part at the end where it is all the fault of the goddamn Democrats/liberals.

He's not exactly wrong about what he's saying.  He is reasonably smart, as you would expect my brother to be.  It's just that he takes one element out of a complex situation, that happens to be workable into his world view, and ignores everything else.  And I know this because I have personal experience with that particular thing.  I know that he's shaving off all the hair that would complicate his conclusions and make it difficult to join him in his smoldering rage.  Again, those homeless: I was homeless myself for about six months, and I've dealt with various homeless people in my life since then.  The real story is a lot different, and more complex, than The World According to Paper*Boy.

The same thing is true about black people.  I've volunteered in New Orleans at an inner city elementary school.  Those poor kids...at an age where they should be coming to realize the wonders and possibilities of life, of dreaming big about themselves and the world they will come to live in.  And they are all fucked, every one of them, and they know it.  They're still in elementary school and not one of them with an ounce of hope that life will be any different for them than it is for their parents.  A life with a past they are ashamed of and an empty future.

What are the chances that Paper*Boy will stick up a liquor store today?  I'd say about zero.  Not because he doesn't want or need the money, but because he has too much to lose.  He has a life and a future and doesn't want to risk that.  What about some black kid who has no job, no future, and no hope of that ever being any different?  He has bills to pay to stay alive, and does it really matter if he gets caught or killed?  Al Sharpton is a charlatan and an amoral opportunist, but would putting Sharpton or Jesse Jackson to death change this equation regarding the liquor store?

I used to date a black chick.  She was appalled that I would throw receipts away before we got home.  Why?  Because black people know better than to throw away the evidence that they legally purchased an item from a store and didn't steal it.  In my entire life I have NEVER been stopped and accused of shoplifting.  For her, and for other blacks, it's a matter of common experience.  If we could only get the left-wing media under control, this problem would all go away.  Or so the neocons would have us believe.

Did you know that a deaf guy played for the Seattle Seahawks in the Super Bowl last season?  I was chatting with a Deaf person about that.  I asked him how he felt about it, and he said it was a two-edged sword.  On the one hand, the community is proud and it shows that they are more capable than people generally think, he's a role model and an inspiration and so forth.  But there's also a thought that if THAT guy could do it, why can't EVERY Deaf guy do it?  It must be because are lazy or whiners or something.  Black people like Barkley and Cosby are exceptional individuals.  They have a particular talent and were able to overcome in spite of the obstacles.  Good for them.  Not every person has exceptional talent.  You can't point to them and claim that every black person can succeed if only they wanted to.  It's like saying that every white person could be Mark Zuckerberg or Steve Jobs, if only they wanted to.

What if Paper*Boy or FTF or QuickKarl came up to you and told you that all of your problems would be solved if only you would think, dress, and behave exactly like they do?  You'd probably tell them to go fuck themselves.  But that's really no different than what is happening here.  The issue of race relations and growing up black in America is deeply complex and defies simplistic analysis.  It isn't that Paper*Boy or Barkley is all wrong, it's that they have seized upon a single aspect and present it as the simple solution that everyone desperately wishes for.  And what good luck!  That simple solution -- blacks are lazy, whiny motherfuckers who are responsible for their problems -- allows PB and the rest to continue putting the entire responsibility for change on the shoulders of those that they hate: whiny, disobedient blacks; Democrats, the media; and above all those goddamn fuckin liberals.

I don't think I answered your question, A51, but it's not really the right question.  It's whether the problems faced by black America are limited to economic success.  The short answer is that it's a lot more complicated than that.

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 26, 2014, 02:37:51 PM
If a person is self sufficient, they don't need the Libs and their handouts.  They don't need the Democrats and their obsession with race.

pate

Sir Charles, the once and future king has recanted his position on global warming or coffee enemas?  I am confused...

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on October 26, 2014, 04:16:59 PM
... Did you know that a deaf guy played for the Seattle Seahawks in the Super Bowl last season?  I was chatting with a Deaf person about that.  I asked him how he felt about it, and he said it was a two-edged sword.  On the one hand, the community is proud and it shows that they are more capable than people generally think, he's a role model and an inspiration and so forth.  But there's also a thought that if THAT guy could do it, why can't EVERY Deaf guy do it?...

Well, you got me there.  That was my first thought when I heard a deaf guy was playing in the NFL - why aren't the rest of them doing it?  Then I realized by doing so, he's really holding the rest of the deaf back since we all expect it now.

And that's a perfect parallel with what goes on in the regular workplace.  It takes a black person with the special skills of an NFL player to go to get up, school, do his homework, graduate, and get a job.  I guess it's a wonder any do at all. 

A person almost has to be a real hard core racist to think Blacks can't make it in America no matter what they do or how hard they try.  Jeez.  And I say 'almost' advisedly.

area51drone

I'd have to agree with your last sentiment PaperBoy... my feeling is no matter what your lot in life, you can make it if you work hard and try.    Do blacks have it harder?  I'm sure they do compared to me.   But compared to the grandchildren of Sam Walton, blacks and I have it about the same.  There comes a time when you have to take responsibility for your life, whether that's at 10, 16, 21 or 30.  People can't keep saying "the man got me down" because it just isn't true - "I got myself down" is.

That black kid who has nothing to look forward to? I think he has a lot to look forward to if he'd put down that gun and get himself a job working for the convenience store rather than robbing it.

I'm not saying it isn't hard to turn your life around or make something of yourself from humble beginnings.  I'm just saying the only person who is going to do it is yourself.  You can't count on anyone or any government to do it for you. 

Good for you, DPS, for getting out of homelessness.  I'd love to hear the story sometime if you wanted to share.

pate

Quote from: area51drone on October 27, 2014, 03:08:06 AM
10, 16, 21 or 30

It's not a Fibonacci (sp) sequence that I can calculate, seems to have something to do with playing Blackjack in Vegas, BUT I think the 30 is superfluous, (how does one arrive at 30 in a legitimate game oh, nevermind...), ignore that last... -or- years after the turn of the 'century' that the world inexplicably changed?  Let's discount the 19th (re: 1800s) century as the socio-political equations were not yet in place er sumthin....

Interesting clip here. It speaks to the point I was making in my previous post. Listen very carefully to what Juan Williams says.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/juan-williams-and-son-blast-liberal-uncle-tom-treatment-of-black-conservatives/

onan

I assessed a man about four years ago that was contemplating suicide. He had a previous arrest for possession of cocaine. He had been sentenced to three years. I asked him if he was aware of job training programs and assistance from state agencies. He gave me the most contemptable look and said, "I am a nigger with a prison record, no one is going to help me."

So yeah it is all his fault for being a lazy-system-dependent-urban-lay-about. You bigots have no clue past your own skin.