• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Does Pahrump have a lot of crime, because >

Started by blitzer850, October 24, 2014, 02:55:59 PM

blitzer850

Ran across this article today, sad..

PAHRUMP, Nev. -Authorities say they're investigating the death of a 27-year-old California woman who was found dead in the Nevada desert as a homicide.

The rest of the story is at below link. Really sad, she was a pretty girl.
That's why I was asking about Pahrump crime statistics. I always thought it was a quiet sleepy desert town.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/california-woman-27-found-dead-in-nevada-desert/

Quote from: blitzer850 on October 24, 2014, 02:55:59 PM
Ran across this article today, sad..

PAHRUMP, Nev. -Authorities say they're investigating the death of a 27-year-old California woman who was found dead in the Nevada desert as a homicide.

The rest of the story is at below link. Really sad, she was a pretty girl.
That's why I was asking about Pahrump crime statistics. I always thought it was a quiet sleepy desert town.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/california-woman-27-found-dead-in-nevada-desert/

The real estate market crash really hit that town hard. I was out there in 2010 and it  was filled with street after street of empty lots and houses. Looks like crime has settled in

http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/nv/pahrump/crime/

Quote from: blitzer850 on October 24, 2014, 02:55:59 PM
Really sad, she was a pretty girl.

Too bad she wasn't an ordinary looking girl.  Then it wouldn't have been sad.  Right?

blitzer850

Wow, yeah I forgot about that. Vegas & Nevada in general was hit hard.
I'm thinking they used Pahrump as a dump site to get rid of her. 
All across the country there has been so much of these types of murders.  People missing all over, that was a great show when it first aired on G Knapp C2C about weird disappearances. I've taken extreme measures with my kids teaching them self defense Kenpo, firearms training & so on.  Even my Lil one just turned 8,he is taking self defense, he goes shooting with me & does really well, including safety. Now days I guess you do what you must.  Really messed up sitrep.

George Drooly

Pahrump? Michael Jackson used to live there -- case closed.

aldousburbank

Once whilst entering Parumph, the first citizen I saw standing on the corner was a heavily bearded dude with a .45 sidearmed hoisting a decent sized Old Glory. You can legally gamble, drink, open carry, and purchase poontangionship so uh I would not think there'd be too much crime uh left to commit.  ???

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 25, 2014, 10:39:40 PM
Once whilst entering Parumph, the first citizen I saw standing on the corner was a heavily bearded dude with a .45 sidearmed hoisting a decent sized Old Glory. You can legally gamble, drink, open carry, and purchase poontangionship so uh I would not think there'd be too much crime uh left to commit.  ???

Speaking of the whore house, allegedly they are haunted.

aldousburbank

Quote from: nooryisawesome on October 25, 2014, 10:50:19 PM
Speaking of the whore house, allegedly they are haunted.
It's not the dead ones you need to be careful of.

blitzer850

LOL!  Unbelievable..
Yeah, if open carry would seem like less crime. Maybe just an isolated event. It was an accident I even found the article.  I wonder if AB open carries?  Hmm maybe a 454 Casull. Then again Art kinda seems like a colt 45 type of guy.

wr250

Quote from: blitzer850 on October 26, 2014, 04:02:38 PM
LOL!  Unbelievable..
Yeah, if open carry would seem like less crime. Maybe just an isolated event. It was an accident I even found the article.  I wonder if AB open carries?  Hmm maybe a 454 Casull. Then again Art kinda seems like a colt 45 type of guy.

or maybe he has a 40mm ...

BobGrau

paladin1991

Quote from: blitzer850 on October 24, 2014, 03:31:46 PM
Wow, yeah I forgot about that. Vegas & Nevada in general was hit hard.
I'm thinking they used Pahrump as a dump site to get rid of her. 
All across the country there has been so much of these types of murders.  People missing all over, that was a great show when it first aired on G Knapp C2C about weird disappearances. I've taken extreme measures with my kids teaching them self defense Kenpo, firearms training & so on.  Even my Lil one just turned 8,he is taking self defense, he goes shooting with me & does really well, including safety. Now days I guess you do what you must.  Really messed up sitrep.
You're a good father.  Prep the kids right and they will never be a victim.  They'll be a combatant. 

paladin1991

Quote from: blitzer850 on October 26, 2014, 04:02:38 PM
LOL!  Unbelievable..
The brew or the pistol?

pate

Quote from: onan on October 26, 2014, 01:43:45 PM
Fuckin ghost herpes.

I know, right?  I had that shit once too, now it's gone and no one will believe me...

pate

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on October 24, 2014, 03:28:16 PM
Too bad she wasn't an ordinary looking girl.  Then it wouldn't have been sad.  Right?

Sometimes, DPS, sometimes, like a blind squirrel searching for a nut;  you do indeed find one...

edit:  any bonus points for correct punctuation are hereby ceded to the deciding authority to distribute equally...

blitzer850

Quote from: paladin1991 on October 27, 2014, 12:39:27 AM
The brew or the pistol?

Haha!  Good one, i didn't think about it that way.  But now that you mention it AB could be "open carry" of both types of Colt 45's  lmao!

codewrangler

Pahrump is a nice little town. I used to live just over the hill (in Vegas), off of Blue Diamond(160...goes to Pahrump) and Durango. We would drive over to Pahrump every year for the Fall Festival. Nice parade, small town fair.

There is a lot of interesting history there. It's not just home to Art Bell, but also is famous for having a connection to the Ted Binion death. Ted Binion had a secret underground vault in Pahrump, filled with silver, and gold, I think. If I remember correctly, it was on a vacant lot across from the Burger King...right there in Pahrump central.

Check to Wikipedia for details about Ted Binion's death and the aftermath:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Binion

blitzer850

Wow that's interesting. I lived in Telluride, CO for awhile its was fun. Durango was awesome & that steak house OreHouse I believe it was called was good. I've been all over sw except Pahrump. Hell I might've drove right through it & just never knew it.
Oh yeah went to meteor city to check out crater. Was it windy there, I'll never forget that. Stopped at two guns & then checked out petrified forest.  One thing I'll never forget though is being stalked by this crazy a$$ 18 wheeler.. It took awhile to shake that guy.  We where on Hwy 666 of all hiways to be on heading north towards Colorado. It got really freaky & I mean freaky..

Wintermute

The Nevada desert is an interesting place. The more of these small communities you visit, the more you realize the population skews toward independant folks that don't want to be bothered for one reason or another. There is a reason for conspiracy theories... because Nevada has a colorful history and still has a lot of colorful characters. Seclusion and secrets are old friends.

Crime? Just go check the government crime stats online and that will answer your question. Some counties in Nevada allow "business practices" unique in the USA. This tends to attract people with certain types of baggage. Sometimes that baggage is nefarious. Sometimes it is just a personal issue that no one needs to know about but creates issues. Sometimes it is a non-issue.

Heather Wade

If Nevada wasn't running out of water & blazing hot, sounds like an interesting place to live.

Quote from: (Redacted) on October 29, 2014, 11:36:51 AM
If Nevada wasn't running out of water & blazing hot, sounds like an interesting place to live.

Thank goodness the CV is not like that, what?  ::)

Heather Wade

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on October 29, 2014, 11:41:53 AM
Thank goodness the CV is not like that, what?  ::)

Well, I don't want to go from the frying pan into the fire.

*eta:  & the CV isn't even the least bit interesting.

DanTSX

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on October 24, 2014, 03:28:16 PM

Not as sad

Maybe 5/8 as sad

Ugly girls already suffer from tragedies that pretty ones might experience all at once. :'(

DanTSX

Quote from: wr250 on October 26, 2014, 04:26:36 PM
or maybe he has a 40mm ...

Art had a Glock in 40S&W in the desk he broadcasted Dark Matter from, so most likely a Glock 22 or 23.  Fine choice for most any defensive need.  But I'm sure he probably owns a respectable collection of firearms of all types.  He was very pro-2A in his prime during the Clinton-era.

As far as some random girl going missing in Pahrump......I don't think it indicates anything more dangerous than any other similar part of the country.  This is the type of thing that can happen anywhere.  crime stats of more mundane crimes such as auto theft, impaired driving, breaking and entering, assault, sexual assault, etc, are going to be far more telling of the area's crime rate and relative safety.