• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Islamist shooters inside Canadian Parliament...ongoing

Started by VtaGeezer, October 22, 2014, 10:00:15 AM

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on October 22, 2014, 02:43:04 PM
...  We have among the safest cities in North America, including Toronto which is the the fourth largest city in N.America with a 50% visible minority population who have poverty problems just like big cities in the U.S...

I really don't know, but I don't think you have the ghetto problem that we do. 

You also don't have one Party and your Media and your schools constantly telling them the country is racist and they don't have a chance in life, so kids give up and turn to crime before they really even get started in life.  It's not about the guns

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 22, 2014, 02:48:35 PM

I really don't know, but I don't think you have the ghetto problem that we do. 

You also don't have one Party and your Media and your schools constantly telling them the country is racist and they don't have a chance in life, so kids give up and turn to crime before they really even get started in life.  It's not about the guns

You might have a point there.

onan

I use one of my pistols as a rosary as I pray for the bastards to be shot.

136 or 142

The killer of the soldier in Montreal was Martin Rouleau who was a white guy who converted to 'Islam'.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 22, 2014, 02:43:43 PM

Oh, the Conservatives are just as angry and outraged when some criminal freak kills people as you or anyone else is.  I would happily flip the switch on their electric chairs if I could, or choke them to death with my bare hands given the chance.

But at the same time we are unwilling to be disarmed ourselves, and don't think that would end gun violence anyway - just the opposite.

The difference between these homegrown thugs, and violent Moslems / cartel members / gang members from South of the border is we can't really do much about the homies, but we are happily importing the latter. 

Close the damn border to illegal entry and stop immigration from Moslem countries period until this gets resolved, and at least those crimes won't be happening here

Damn right; you'll just be down to schools, colleges, universities, and post offices, and the occasional shopping mall, oh and car park, domestic, and children letting off loaded guns their parents leave hanging about.

No real change then.

albrecht

Quote from: 136 or 142 on October 22, 2014, 02:56:11 PM
The killer of the soldier in Montreal was Martin Rouleau who was a white guy who converted to 'Islam'.
Religion of Peace, indeed. Converts, in many things, but especially to cults and religions can often be the "truest believers." We have Muslims recruiting and converting in our prison populations also. Can't wait for the confluence of hardened criminals with a grudge against "the man" converting to the peaceful religion and paroled or released to society. That is what is so crazy about open-borders and unfettered immigration aficionados- we have enough criminals, terrorists, diseased, uneducated, or just plain crazy people here already in our countries....why must be import MORE problems?

Gd5150

Quote from: albrecht on October 22, 2014, 03:04:40 PM
We have Muslims recruiting and converting in our prison populations also.

Yes their table is set up right next to the Democrat Party register to vote table. Perhaps Diddy and MTV could set up another one of their "get out the vote" campaigns only this one will be called "vote or and die"

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 22, 2014, 02:43:43 PM

Oh, the Conservatives are just as angry and outraged when some criminal freak kills people as you or anyone else is.  I would happily flip the switch on their electric chairs if I could, or choke them to death with my bare hands given the chance.

But at the same time we are unwilling to be disarmed ourselves, and don't think that would end gun violence anyway - just the opposite.

The difference between these homegrown thugs, and violent Moslems / cartel members / gang members from South of the border is we can't really do much about the homies, but we are happily importing the latter. 

Close the damn border to illegal entry and stop immigration from Moslem countries period until this gets resolved, and at least those crimes won't be happening here
What's it like to live in a fantasy bubble where facts are optional?  Are you a creationist BTW? 
To date in 2014:
Americans dead from Ebola - 0
Americans dead from ISIL -  2
Americans dead from Al Qaida - 0
Americans dead from guns bought in the USA - 29,000 or so

Quote from: VtaGeezer on October 22, 2014, 04:06:30 PM
What's it like to live in a fantasy bubble where facts are optional?  Are you a creationist BTW? 
To date in 2014:

I think anytime killing someone -- whether someone else or oneself -- is made more convenient and accessible than a cordless hairdryer or smartphone app, then it's a problem.   The use of a handgun doesn't require setup time, thought, skill, force, strength, perception of violence, blood, or gore, or the chance for the victim to plead or defend themselves.  I don't view using a handgun as a violent act but rather the act of using a simple appliance to solve a problem.  Combine that with the momentary instinctual reaction anybody can experience when faced with fear, rage, desperation, paranoia, or a myriad of other emotions and I think you will end up with a bunch of needless deaths.  It just doesn't make sense to me not to restrict access to handguns.

VtaGeezer

A sad bit of trivia; some drunken jackasses were caught taking a leak on the Canadian War Memorial in 2007.   Until then, there was no honor guard posted at the Memorial.  That's why the Canadian soldier killed today was on duty there.

Quote from: VtaGeezer on October 22, 2014, 04:48:41 PM
A sad bit of trivia; some drunken jackasses were caught taking a leak on the Canadian War Memorial in 2007.   Until then, there was no honor guard posted at the Memorial.  That's why the Canadian soldier killed today was on duty there.

When peeing is outlawed, only outlaws will be peeing.

Juan

To date in 2014:
Americans dead from autos bought in the USA in 2012 alone - 33,561

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Juan on October 22, 2014, 06:42:17 PM
Americans dead from autos bought in the USA in 2012 alone - 33,561
Yep. Ever think about what it would be if there were no driver's license requirements?

To date in 2014:

You're familiar with the Twin Towers, Boston Marathon, Ft Hood, et al?

None of that had to happen

To date in 2014:

Your overall point may be correct.  An America that could elect a Barrack Obama may very well be past the tipping point where we should trust citizens until proven otherwise, and expect them to exercise responsibility.  Sadly, our Republic has been slipping away for a Century, and that has only sped up faster and faster over the last couple of decades.

Maybe there should be a test that measures intelligence, propensity for aggression, the ability to make rational decisions, requires proof of critical thinking skills, etc, before being able to buy and own a weapon.

b_dubb

Will you be watching Obama's inauguration on a loop this Halloween? You seem genuinely terrified.

To all of Canada's many friends south of the border, thanks for your offers of support, and the many, many classy gestures - the playing of our anthem at the Penguins/Flyers game (pic below), the shout out from POTUS, the many, many expressions of concern, too many to list here, I thank you.  We couldn't ask for better neighbours.

[attachimg=1]

b_dubb

RCD ... while most Americans can't find Canada on a map ... we stand with our hyper polite neighbors to the north

Quote from: b_dubb on October 22, 2014, 08:23:06 PM
RCD ... while most Americans can't find Canada on a map ... we stand with our hyper polite neighbors to the north
Thanks.  We promise not to seal our border just because you all have Ebola.

ksm32

Quote from: b_dubb on October 22, 2014, 08:23:06 PM

For what it's worth, thank you b dub.

ksm32

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on October 22, 2014, 08:11:53 PM
To all of Canada's many friends south of the border, thanks for your offers of support, and the many, many classy gestures - the playing of our anthem at the Penguins/Flyers game (pic below), the shout out from POTUS, the many, many expressions of concern, too many to list here, I thank you.  We couldn't ask for better neighbours.

[attachimg=1]

That was waaaay cool of the people of Pittsburgh.

Do you think FALKIE was there?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: ksm32 on October 22, 2014, 10:34:07 PM
That was waaaay cool of the people of Pittsburgh.

Do you think FALKIE was there?

There? He supplied the fans to keep it cool.

SciFiAuthor

The case of the soldier being run down was big news in Canada.  It's not surprising the American press didn't spend much ink on it.  That's not a cover up.  American media is well known to be very U.S.-centric and has a history of not reporting such events that don't involve Americans.

Actually, that one escaped most of the world media. Very wrongly, since it's obviously relevant to everyone. I monitor a lot of global media sources and when I saw the reports from Canada I wondered why the hell it wasn't being more widely reported. Seemed like big headlines news to me, but it was weak worldwide. Bizarre.

Yes, the gun laws work very well in Canada.  We have among the safest cities in North America, including Toronto which is the the fourth largest city in N.America with a 50% visible minority population who have poverty problems just like big cities in the U.S..  That doesn't mean we ban weapons outright, but handguns are very difficult to get and those are what cause the biggest problems in America.  When someone does use a hunting rifle or similar for crime, we like to let the police do their jobs rather than let a vigilante armed citizenry run rampant.  I don't think arming Members of Parliament with their own concealed weapons would have made any difference in the current situation.  We do have controlled borders -- more so than ever -- despite what is being posted here.  Gangs have been known to counter border security measures by digging elaborate tunnels underneath and swapping illegal immigrants coming to our shores for weapons they can easily get in America due to lax gun laws.  If America would clean up its gun laws, it would make Canada and Mexico safer places as well.

It won't stop anything. We have more guns than people in the US and even if we make it illegal, then it won't work. Pot is illegal here, federally, and, well, half of us smoke it (much of it grown in Canada and Mexico). It will be the same with guns because we culturally will not give them up even if they are illegal. We'll just hoard them and trade them like we do bags of pot. That means that anyone that's hyper-motivated to obtain a gun, will always be able to if they aren't concerned about laws and are persistent. It's like that in Canada, you have your gun nuts willing to do illegal things and if someone thinks God is mandating that they obtain a gun and pursue jihad, they will find a way.

We need to rethink culture, whether it be the American gun culture or the openness of the west to accept unbridled immigration regardless of ideology or Mexico's corruption, we need to take a bunch of taboos off the table and talk realistically about how we can solve these problems or we'll all end up worse off for no reason. Our assessment of culture needs to be realistic from now on, whether it's ditching political correctness or rethinking the gun culture, or we're fucked in the modern world.

That said, this week's events have been an awful thing, it's painful for an American to see terrorism in Canada just like it was painful for most Canadians to watch 9/11. I read some articles on Nathan Cirillo and it just pissed me off that a Canadian soldier like that with a family was killed at a war memorial. 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on October 22, 2014, 04:17:31 PM
It just doesn't make sense to me not to restrict access to handguns.

They already are restricted. What currently non-existent gun law would you like to see enacted? What would the law do?

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on October 22, 2014, 08:50:01 PM
Thanks.  We promise not to seal our border just because you all have Ebola.

Seal that motherfucker like right now. I would be perfectly ok with you doing that because my fucking government won't even though it's common sense given the stakes. I won't blame you for acting in common sense. *Sneeze* sorry, didn't mean to snot on your arm like that. *sniffle* :)

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: MV on October 23, 2014, 12:11:39 AM
They already are restricted. What currently non-existent gun law would you like to see enacted? What would the law do?

Illegalize fingers. Problem solved.

WOTR

Quote from: VtaGeezer on October 22, 2014, 04:48:41 PM

If it were not him, it would have been somebody else.  I actually approve of an honour guard stationed there.  There are very few places where that would be appropriate or where you would not find me saying it is a waste of tax dollars... But that is an exception.  When I was in Ottawa last year the mint had a guard posted by the brick of gold they allow the public to hold.  If we can pay for that extravagance three blocks from our war memorial it seems reasonable to post somebody at what should be a sacred place for Canadians (I am not referring to the mint.)
That doesn't mean we ban weapons outright, but handguns are very difficult to get ...
I really hate to argue the point- but i had no problems getting mine (they are legal.)  It was a matter of taking a course, applying for the permit and not having a criminal background nor an ex wife who hated me.  True, I could not just walk in and buy one- but waiting a month or two was not really very difficult.

I also would not have had a problem obtaining them when i used to know some rather shady characters.  While it is true that we do not have as many guns (at least hand guns) as our neighbours to the south, I think people would be surprised at how relatively easy it is to obtain them...

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 23, 2014, 12:09:43 AM
Actually, that one escaped most of the world media. Very wrongly, since it's obviously relevant to everyone. I monitor a lot of global media sources and when I saw the reports from Canada I wondered why the hell it wasn't being more widely reported. Seemed like big headlines news to me, but it was weak worldwide. Bizarre...

News that doesn't support the Left-wing agenda goes unreported all the time. 

We're supposed to think all evil violent Muslims belong to al-Qaeda, and now ISIS, and they aren't really Muslims anyway - the rest are peaceful and wonderful.  Suppressing news that suggests otherwise is nothing new.