• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Twelve Monkeys Art!

Started by ks3484, October 20, 2014, 10:24:08 PM

ks3484

Art I think that you had some sort of foresight or premonition when you suggested that your audience watch the movie 12 Monkeys starring
Bruce Willis-

"Continue To Chronicle Your Observations Art!!!"

ks3484

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 20, 2014, 10:26:41 PM
That's fucked up dude.

I take it that you have seen the movie 12 monkey's? And if so, what part of the movie do you disagree with?

aldousburbank

Quote from: ks3484 on October 20, 2014, 10:34:29 PM

I take it that you have seen the movie 12 monkey's? And if so, what part of the movie do you disagree with?
The monkeys.

ks3484

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 20, 2014, 10:37:27 PM
The monkeys.

What's wrong with the monkeys? That's what the movie is based on.

aldousburbank

Quote from: ks3484 on October 20, 2014, 10:39:40 PM
What's wrong with the monkeys? That's what the movie is based on.
So are AIDS, Ebola, and people.  Think about it.
:-X

ks3484

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 20, 2014, 10:42:41 PM
So are AIDS, Ebola, and people.  Think about it.
:-X

Those things and conditions are immaterial. The movie puts a twist on presumptions such a yours. 

aldousburbank

Quote from: ks3484 on October 20, 2014, 10:51:00 PM
Those things and conditions are immaterial. The movie puts a twist on presumptions such a yours.
I presume bleeding from the nips can really fuck with your day tho.
But I'll consider watching the movie someday. It's probably on the animal channel right?

ks3484

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 20, 2014, 10:55:59 PM
I presume bleeding from the nips can really fuck with your day tho.
I would imagine that it would mess up anybody's day. What does this have to do with 12 Monkeys?

But I'll consider watching the movie someday.

Like I said, Art recommended the movie because of the unusual twist in it.  Do watch it, it'll give you a different perspective to bring to the table

It's probably on the animal channel right?

If the outcome in the movie becomes a reality - then yes it probably would.

ks3484

I had a very heated conversation yesterday with my Pulmonologist about the Ebola outbreak. He is lockstep with the rest of the propaganda machinery. He called me a conspiracy theorist because I refused to accept the line that's bring propagated by the news media and other dumbing down machinery. He told me that that Ebola came from bats being eaten by an African tribe.

As you read the propaganda you have to ask how long has this tribe been eating bats? Why are there no legitimate cases of Ebola prior to this outbreak? How long did it take this one African tribe to become rrenowned for it's bat delicacies? And how ever long it may have taken for bats to transmit Ebola and why now?

INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS TIMES | HEALTH

By Sachin Trivedi | September 23, 2014 1:05 PM EST

A new report suggests that the recent Ebola virus outbreak in West Africa may have been caused by bats. Governments in the region are coordinating with the efforts of WHO and other countries to help the victims.

Reuters/James Giahyue

A man stands at the gate of an Ebola virus treatment center in Monrovia September 21, 2014.

Citing "circumstantial evidence," Derek Gatherer, a bioinformatics researcher at Lancaster University in the United Kingdom, believes that the virus may have been hiding in some of the bat species found in the region. According to the report published by Live Science, the three bat species that carry the virus as a reservoir are the hammer-head bat, Franquet's epauletted fruit bat and the little collared fruit bat.

According to the report, bats are eaten in the region, with bat soup being a local delicacy. However, the report says that it is not the person eating bats who is at risk, since the Ebola virus dies at the time of cooking, but the person who handles the raw bat meat. Guinea has reportedly banned the sale and consumption of bat meat since the outbreak.

more at: INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS TIMES | HEALTH   

<a href=http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/science/2014/10/ebola_animal_reservoir_between_outbreaks_bats_gorillas_chimpanzees_dogs.html>Where Does Ebola Hide?</a>   

The first time I put a blowgun in my mouth, my focus wasn’t on hitting the target; it was on not swallowing the tranquilizer dart. I zeroed in, closed my eyes, and forcefully expelled a gust of air. So forcefully, in fact, that I sent the tiny missile 20 feet over the wooden bulls-eye. My instructor shook his head and moved his hands from his hips to my neck. “Aim low,” he said, inching my face downward, “if you’re gonna blow so hard.” It was the spring of 2004 and we were standing in an open field in Worcester, Massachusetts, where I was preparing to hunt the Ebola virus. 

I was a medical student at Harvard at the time, and I’d responded to a flier seeking an animal catcher willing to spend the summer in Africa. I had no such training, but I was interested in living abroad, so I contacted the groupâ€"the Consortium for Conservation Medicineâ€"and told them I wanted in. A few weeks later, I began learning how to subdue wild animals that were thought to transmit lethal viruses. A few months after that, I traveled to Cameroon to attempt to answer a surprisingly difficult question: Where does Ebola go between human outbreaks?

more at: THE STATE OF THE UNIVERSE | SCIENCE 

someguy

Quote from: themudking on October 23, 2014, 05:43:59 PM
mind.blown.

who is that in your avatar? it looks like stephen king fucked frankenstein and had a kid

aldousburbank

Quote from: someguy on October 24, 2014, 02:45:05 PM
who is that in your avatar? it looks like stephen king fucked frankenstein and had a kid
Kinda looks like a gerbil to me.

pate

Brad Pitt was his normal lovable crazy-pants self in that movie (acting? consulting the GUCT to determine...), but still the opening sequence of 12 Monkeys still disturbs me:

28 Days Later - Opening Sequence

Freaking weird man...

ks3484

Quote from: pate on October 27, 2014, 12:53:00 AM
Brad Pitt was his normal lovable crazy-pants self in that movie (acting? consulting the GUCT to determine...), but still the opening sequence of 12 Monkeys still disturbs me:

28 Days Later - Opening Sequence

Freaking weird man...

28 Days Later, and the sequels, also offer up prophetic messages as well. Describing corporations like the Umbrella Corporation; and what their grossly skewed capitalistic notions can...and may lead to...

_______________________________________________________________________________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj7hUSnICsY#

I see trees of green, red roses too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself what a wonderful world.

I see skies of blue and clouds of white
The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night

The colors of the rainbow so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces of people going by
I see friends shaking hands saying how do you do
They're really saying I love you.

I hear babies cry, I watch them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll never know
And I think to myself what a wonderful world
Yes I think to myself what a wonderful world.

ks3484

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj7hUSnICsY#

ks3484

Quote from: ks3484 on October 27, 2014, 01:57:49 PM

28 Days Later, and the sequels, also offer up prophetic messages as well. Describing corporations like the Umbrella Corporation; and what their grossly skewed capitalistic notions can...and may lead to...

Excuse the mix up..28 days opens with naked guy in the hospital...Umbrella Corp. in Resident Evil...opens with naked woman in the shower. However, both movies tell a tale of worldwide corporate chemical and bio-terrorism.

ks3484

LINK ===> <a href=http://issmonkey.blogspot.com/>ISS SPACE MONKEYS blogspot</a> <===LINK

What A Wonderful World

pate

Surely you were thinking of this song:

Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill Commercial

seemed to be that main character's (aural obsession throughout the film) David Dunn's favorite song...

pate

I got my metaphors mixed up again!  You meant this:

Louis Armstrong-Blueberry Hills

ks3484

Quote from: pate on October 29, 2014, 05:23:12 AM
Surely you were thinking of this song:

Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill Commercial

seemed to be that main character's (aural obsession throughout the film) David Dunn's favorite song...

No no no....."What A Wonderful World" was the song at the end of 12 Monkeys. After seeing 12 Monkeys Art said he liked the song a lot; he played it as  bumper music just about as often as he  played ABBA.

"I feel a disturbance. As if a million monkeys cried out at once, then were silenced."

- Crow, MST3K episode 804.

[attachimg=1]
[attachimg=2]
[attachimg=3]
[attachimg=4]