Author Topic: Connie Willis  (Read 94491 times)

Re: Connie Willis
« Reply #870 on: May 21, 2018, 07:52:43 AM »
Iím not really familiar with Connie but just heard a replay of her guest-hosting Saturday night. It was clear from some of her responses that she hadnít been listening to the guest she was supposed to be interviewing. At one point, it seemed like she struggled to even remember his name. She also had a few bouts of inane commentary that had nothing to do with the topic. Is she always a terrible interviewer or did I catch her on an off night?

« Reply #871 on: May 21, 2018, 10:44:55 AM »
Iím not really familiar with Connie but just heard a replay of her guest-hosting Saturday night. It was clear from some of her responses that she hadnít been listening to the guest she was supposed to be interviewing. At one point, it seemed like she struggled to even remember his name. She also had a few bouts of inane commentary that had nothing to do with the topic. Is she always a terrible interviewer or did I catch her on an off night?

Consistency of preparation and focus is not her strong suit, imo.

I much prefer Lisa Garr!

« Reply #872 on: May 21, 2018, 08:41:29 PM »
She occassiona!ly does that.  I forget where she's from but i think it's somewhere where conversations move a little more slowly, like the south?  I like her.  She is great on video, with a kind face.

« Reply #873 on: May 21, 2018, 08:41:58 PM »
She occassiona!ly does that.  I forget where she's from but i think it's somewhere where conversations move a little more slowly, like the south?

Kentucky

« Reply #874 on: May 23, 2018, 07:13:41 AM »
Kentucky
She's got Southern charm and a cute giggle.

« Reply #875 on: June 02, 2018, 11:45:50 PM »
Looking forward to tonite!  First guest is a guy from the old Science Channel show "Meteorite Men".  As one of the estimated ten fans who actually watched that show, I can't wait.  Then, second guest is some dude who supposedly built a "device" that opened a "portal" that let in some kind of "bipedal creatures".  Add in some of Ms. Connie's patented giggles, Wow's, and possible Bigfoot references, and now you've got a show.  8)

« Reply #876 on: June 03, 2018, 12:35:12 AM »
LOL Connie just totally spaced on the break, no segue, they just cut to commercial.

Yeah I know, I'm the only one listening to this.

« Reply #877 on: June 03, 2018, 12:38:38 AM »
LOL Connie just totally spaced on the break, no segue, they just cut to commercial.

I'll listen tomorrow when mowing. Watching "Alone in the Dark" (1982) such a great cast in a bad movie, tho a good one?

« Reply #878 on: June 03, 2018, 12:44:14 AM »

Sounds pretty stoned to me.

« Reply #879 on: June 03, 2018, 12:48:11 AM »
I'll listen tomorrow when mowing. Watching "Alone in the Dark" (1982) such a great cast in a bad movie, tho a good one?

The guest name-dropped better than Hoagie in the first segment, but now we're getting into the nerdy stuff which is pretty good.  The science and lore around meteorites, and the hunting thereof, is surprisingly kind of interesting.

« Reply #880 on: June 03, 2018, 01:17:24 AM »
Sounds pretty stoned to me.

I've never heard her when she didn't seem to be stoned.  ::)

« Reply #881 on: June 03, 2018, 01:25:58 AM »
I've never heard her when she didn't seem to be stoned.  ::)

I think she's snacking on "happy nachos" again. 

« Reply #882 on: June 03, 2018, 01:35:36 AM »
The guest name-dropped better than Hoagie in the first segment, but now we're getting into the nerdy stuff which is pretty good.  The science and lore around meteorites, and the hunting thereof, is surprisingly kind of interesting.

Alas, I find myself somehow watching a doc about the Panama invasion. I seem to find these things better than leeches in ponds  Truth or not? Still hurt.

« Reply #883 on: June 03, 2018, 02:14:46 AM »
Nice, Connie just warned of the difference between "portals" and "portholes".  One Mr. Noory has never done us this service!

« Reply #884 on: June 03, 2018, 05:57:04 AM »
Nice, Connie just warned of the difference between "portals" and "portholes".  One Mr. Noory has never done us this service!
Iíve heard sNoory describe shipís windows as portals.

« Reply #885 on: June 03, 2018, 09:45:47 AM »

Too freaking funny!

;)

« Reply #886 on: June 03, 2018, 04:10:09 PM »
Wow. This guest is nuts but hilarious. I think he covered about all C2C topics in one swoop! And he is adament that bigfeet in orb form touch him all over but not sexually!! That NEVER happened. An 'over unity' machine that is used by bigfeet to open portals to rescue trapped bigfeet from a dieing planet due to a red dwarf! They put a wormy thing in his brain. Which really is a female bigfoot in orb form inside his brain that protects him.

« Reply #887 on: June 03, 2018, 04:15:13 PM »
Jorch thinks they're the same thing.  He was in the Navy, you know.  ;)

« Reply #888 on: June 05, 2018, 02:44:51 PM »
Wow. This guest is nuts but hilarious. I think he covered about all C2C topics in one swoop! And he is adament that bigfeet in orb form touch him all over but not sexually!! That NEVER happened. An 'over unity' machine that is used by bigfeet to open portals to rescue trapped bigfeet from a dieing planet due to a red dwarf! They put a wormy thing in his brain. Which really is a female bigfoot in orb form inside his brain that protects him.

I only caught like the first fifteen mins. of this guy but yeah he was way far out even for Connie.  The interstellar bigfoot conspiracy just went public.

« Reply #889 on: November 04, 2018, 12:00:02 PM »
The guest last night, Steve Huff, was the hokiest ever on C2C.  Would love to hear Ian Punnett interview this charlatan, he'd eat him alive.

« Reply #890 on: November 04, 2018, 12:38:28 PM »
Keep it up, fellas - this can only increase my chances.
Connie? I'm here for you, if you wanna ...talk.

« Reply #891 on: November 04, 2018, 12:45:58 PM »
Yabutt you'l have to make it past the Yorky in her petting order...

« Reply #892 on: November 04, 2018, 01:29:57 PM »
Keep it up, fellas - this can only increase my chances.
Connie? I'm here for you, if you wanna ...talk.

I think she's more into doughnuts than weiners.

« Reply #893 on: November 04, 2018, 01:48:21 PM »
Really helpful drive through service... :-\

« Reply #894 on: November 04, 2018, 02:38:20 PM »
I think she's more into doughnuts than weiners.

I think we have different meanings of what a "live quickie", is.