• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

2016 Likely Candidates for POTUS?

Started by West of the Rockies, October 05, 2014, 03:09:56 PM

Juan

Cruz is exactly like Obama.  Both are highly educated, glib talking flacks for Goldman Sachs.  Cruz's wife even works for them.

Plus I hate this ipad for insisting on spelling it sacks.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Juan on March 26, 2015, 10:39:40 AM
Cruz's wife even works for them.

Heidi is going take a leave-of-absence from Goldman Sachs; like Hank Paulson did...wink-wink.  Of course, its just coincidence that she was promoted from the sea of GS VPs to Director when Ted was sworn into the Senate.

136 or 142

Quote from: Juan on March 26, 2015, 10:39:40 AM
Cruz is exactly like Obama.  Both are highly educated, glib talking flacks for Goldman Sachs.  Cruz's wife even works for them.

Except that Obama is a pragmatic moderate while Taliban Ted is a teabagging obstructionist.

More 'genius' from Ayatollah Cruz.

“On the global warming alarmists, anyone who actually points to the evidence that disproves their apocalyptical claims, they don’t engage in reasoned debate. What do they do? They scream, ‘You’re a denier.’ They brand you a heretic. Today, the global warming alarmists are the equivalent of the flat-Earthers. It used to be that it is accepted scientific wisdom the Earth is flat, and this heretic named Galileo was branded a denier.”

â€" Sen. Ted Cruz, in an interview with Texas Tribune.

Although I'm  sure that most people here, like me, can spot the errors in this absurd statement, I'll point them out anyway:

1.Although I too occasionally get frustrated that the scientific community doesn't debunk the false claims made by the global warming deniers more often, there are literally dozen of websites from mainstream scientists that do.  Also 1.I can understand that scientists would give up trying to explain the reality of global warming given that they are obviously frustrated in constantly having to refute the same debunked nonsense over and over. 2.Psychological research shows that there is no point in trying in so far as using facts and logic doesn't change the opinions of people who have their 'minds' made up.

2.The Ancient Greeks and the Romans both knew the world was spherical as did most major civilizations outside of Western Europe.  Also, the scientific community, such as it existed in the 15-1600s, was fully aware that the world was spherical, it was the 'uneducated' masses who believed what they could see and thought that the world was flat.  While Columbus himself may have been looking for a shorter route to the Orient, his benefactors certainly knew the world wasn't flat.

3.It was Magellan who proved that the world was spherical, not Galileo.  Magellan predated Galileo by what? 90 years?

4.Galileo (and Copernicus before him) proved that the earth revolved around the sun and not the other way around.  Again, the Ancient Greeks and Romans and many, though not all major civilizations outside of Western Europe all ready knew that.  Also, it wasn't the scientific community back then that believed that the sun revolved around the earth, it was the Christian theocrats, such as Taliban Ted, who not only believed it but forced everyone else to believe it at the threat of death.

Of course, it is possible that as no less an authority than some media hound law professor has declared The Ayatollah to be a 'genius' that he may in fact know that what he stated is complete nonsense but he is appealing to his base, many of whom likely still do believe that the sun revolves around the earth.

On the basis of this though, I'm going to state that it's pretty much certain that Harry Reid was wrong that Cruz has ever done calculus.

VtaGeezer

Reid's retirement from the Senate may change the Presidential field.  Naming Schumer as his favored successor as Leader may cause Elizabeth Warren to reconsider life as a Wall St reformer in the Senate with a party leader who will likely be the Senator from Wall St.

Juan

I wonder who she would consider to be an appropriate Treasury Secretary?

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Juan on March 28, 2015, 05:11:01 PM
I think she'd pick an aggressive ex-prosecutor and tell him she wants convictions, hard time and big-time claw-backs and asset forfeiture.  Obama's idea of punitive action has been to negotiate a few percent of the stolen loot in return for not making the thieving assholes into felons.  The conservative "loathing" of Holder is phony as hell; he's been a gift to the veterans of the '08 looting party, as evidenced by the long delays for approving his replacement.

136 or 142

Quote from: Juan on March 28, 2015, 05:11:01 PM

Delaware Senator Tom Carper.

Quote from: VtaGeezer on March 28, 2015, 05:33:18 PM
I think she'd pick an aggressive ex-prosecutor and tell him she wants convictions, hard time and big-time claw-backs and asset forfeiture.  Obama's idea of punitive action has been to negotiate a few percent of the stolen loot in return for not making the thieving assholes into felons. ...

Oh yes, sure she would. 

Given that Holder and thus Obama - and, interestingly enough, this Loretta Lynch (US Federal Attorney for New York) appointee hopeful to replace Holder - declined to prosecute Goldman Sachs officials and others, and to this day would rather - as you say - 'negotiate a few percent' instead of prosecuting felons, I would assume Elizabeth Warren would do the same.

In fact one way to tell is what she's been vocal about on the issue of prosecution.  Given that Senator Warren sits on the Senate Banking Committee, and on the Senate Financial Institutions and Consumer Protection Subcommittee, and on the Senate Securities, Insurance and Investment Subcommittee, I'm sure she's been quite outspoken in opposing the conduct of Obama, Lynch, and Holder regarding the lack of prosecutions. 

Oh wait, she hasn't? 

...  Obama's idea of punitive action has been to negotiate a few percent of the stolen loot in return for not making the thieving assholes into felons. ...

But wait, there's more.

Not only has the Gangster-in-Chief extorted the banks instead of prosecuting them, the loot has been distributed to his favored Left-wing organizations.  Without legislation or oversight, as usual.  It's the Chicago way. 

You know, testing the limits of his authority.

...  The conservative "loathing" of Holder is phony as hell; he's been a gift to the veterans of the '08 looting party, as evidenced by the long delays for approving his replacement.

Given that 'the Conservatives' weren't the cause of this and didn't take a dime - actually the number one recipient of bailout money was Lib icon Warren Buffett - extorting funds from banks in exchange for no criminal prosecutions is just one of many reasons to 'loath' Mr Holder.

Even if he had prosecuted his Wall St cronies to the max, there is still much to loath about Holder

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Paper*Boy on March 28, 2015, 10:19:17 PM
Oh yes, sure she would....
If you actually listened to Sen. Warren and paid attention to her actions, you know that she developed a habit and record of ripping bank regulators and bank lobbyists new assholes when they appear at her committees right from her first appearance because she generally knows more about their business than they do...or most anyone else in the room.  She's usually in news because she's giving the WH and her Senate peers hell for caving to bankers. You should try to watch her in action instead of swallowing selected and manipulated sound bites on Fox News. 

I don't know why I even try to follow-up with you...you're a lost and resentful soul living in a cut & paste world of propaganda and half-truths that fit only into your screwball world view.  How are the voices?

Quote from: VtaGeezer on March 28, 2015, 11:05:42 PM
If you actually listened to Sen. Warren and paid attention to her actions, you know that she developed a habit and record of ripping bank regulators and bank lobbyists new assholes when they appear at her committees right from her first appearance because she generally knows more about their business than they do...or most anyone else in the room.  She's usually in news because she's giving the WH and her Senate peers hell for caving to bankers. You should try to watch her in action instead of swallowing selected and manipulated sound bites on Fox News. 

I don't know why I even try to follow-up with you...you're a lost and resentful soul living in a cut & paste world of propaganda and half-truths that fit only into your screwball world view.  How are the voices?

Oh wow, she brings these people in and browbeats them for the evening news.  She doesn't mean a word of it, any more than the rest of them do.  What legislation has she initiated? 

You're right, I don't really listen as much to what these shitheels say, as to watch and see what they do. 

And you know all this, yet you're still supporting Obama, Holder, and now Loretta Lynch

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Paper*Boy on March 28, 2015, 11:19:48 PM
Oh wow, she brings these people in and browbeats them for the evening news.  She doesn't mean a word of it, any more than the rest of them do.  What legislation has she initiated? 

You're right, I don't really listen as much to what these shitheels say, as to watch and see what they do. 

And you know all this, yet you're still supporting Obama, Holder, and now Loretta Lynch
The banksters are so scared of Liz Warren that they got Geithner (whom she had evicerated over his bailing out AIG counterparties when she headed Congressional Oversight of TARP) to block her from being the first Director of Consumer Protection Agency; which she had been instrumental in establishing.  So she ran against empty suit Scott Brown and won his Senate seat, and is now their worst nightmare.  You know nothing about Warren except what the likes of Beck or Limbagh tell you. 

Quote from: VtaGeezer on March 29, 2015, 12:15:10 AM
The banksters are so scared of Liz Warren that they got Geithner (whom she had evicerated over his bailing out AIG counterparties when she headed Congressional Oversight of TARP) to block her from being the first Director of Consumer Protection Agency; which she had been instrumental in establishing.  So she ran against empty suit Scott Brown and won his Senate seat, and is now their worst nightmare.  You know nothing about Warren except what the likes of Beck or Limbagh tell you.

Yes, she was the Chairman of the Congressional Oversight Panel overseeing TARP.  Interesting you bring that up since you accuse 'Conservatives' of looting the country.  One would think the Chair of the TARP committee would be in a position to figure out how that was done and go after them.

Also interesting Wall St could block her from being confirmed in a Democrat Senate to head the Consumer Protection Agency, but couldn't stop her from beating an incumbent Senator.

136 or 142

Quote from: Paper*Boy on March 28, 2015, 10:19:17 PM
Oh yes, sure she would. 

Given that Holder and thus Obama - and, interestingly enough, this Loretta Lynch (US Federal Attorney for New York) appointee hopeful to replace Holder - declined to prosecute Goldman Sachs officials and others, and to this day would rather - as you say - 'negotiate a few percent' instead of prosecuting felons, I would assume Elizabeth Warren would do the same.

In fact one way to tell is what she's been vocal about on the issue of prosecution.  Given that Senator Warren sits on the Senate Banking Committee, and on the Senate Financial Institutions and Consumer Protection Subcommittee, and on the Senate Securities, Insurance and Investment Subcommittee, I'm sure she's been quite outspoken in opposing the conduct of Obama, Lynch, and Holder regarding the lack of prosecutions. 

Oh wait, she hasn't? 

But wait, there's more.

Not only has the Gangster-in-Chief extorted the banks instead of prosecuting them, the loot has been distributed to his favored Left-wing organizations.  Without legislation or oversight, as usual.  It's the Chicago way. 

You know, testing the limits of his authority.

Given that 'the Conservatives' weren't the cause of this and didn't take a dime - actually the number one recipient of bailout money was Lib icon Warren Buffett - extorting funds from banks in exchange for no criminal prosecutions is just one of many reasons to 'loath' Mr Holder.

Even if he had prosecuted his Wall St cronies to the max, there is still much to loath about Holder

Man*Boy,

Didn't you say earlier that the bankers were 'just doing their jobs' and that there was no criminal activity?

136 or 142

Marco Rubio expected to announce he's running for President some time this week.

That makes the following 12 Republicans running, with Mark Everson and Ted Cruz having formerly entered and all the rest having formed either an exploratory committee or a PAC.  It's still questionable whether Donald Trump has registered his exploratory committee with the FEC.

1.Jeb Bush
2.Marco Rubio
3.Rand Paul
4.Ben Carson
5.Mark Everson
6.George Pataki
7.Donald Trump
8.Chris Christie
9.Lindsey Graham
10.Rick Perry
11.Ted Cruz
12.Scott Walker

The following are still considered likely to run
1.Mike Huckabee
2.Carly Fiorina
3.Bobby Jindal
4.Robert Ehrlich
5.Rick Santorum

Looking less likely that Huckabee or Santorum will run.  Also, no indication that Ehrlich is going to run, but it's likely he would have gone for the open U.S Senate seat if he wasn't going to run.

The following are reportedly still considering running:
1.Mike Pence
2.John Bolton
3.Rick Snyder
4.Pete King
5.John Kasich
6.Jim Gilmore

136 or 142

Mike Huckabee made a comment today on Taliban Ted's potential appeal to his evangelical base indicating he was going to run, but I'm not aware of Huckabee putting together any political campaign. It seems like Sarah Palin and Donald Trump, Huckabee is using the presidential nomination process to increase his brand awareness.

Quote from: 136 or 142 on March 29, 2015, 08:37:18 AM
Marco Rubio expected to announce he's running for President some time this week.

That makes the following 12 Republicans running, with Mark Everson and Ted Cruz having formerly entered and all the rest having formed either an exploratory committee or a PAC.  It's still questionable whether Donald Trump has registered his exploratory committee with the FEC.

1.Jeb Bush
2.Marco Rubio
3.Rand Paul
4.Ben Carson
5.Mark Everson
6.George Pataki
7.Donald Trump
8.Chris Christie
9.Lindsey Graham
10.Rick Perry
11.Ted Cruz
12.Scott Walker

The following are still considered likely to run
1.Mike Huckabee
2.Carly Fiorina
3.Bobby Jindal
4.Robert Ehrlich
5.Rick Santorum

Looking less likely that Huckabee or Santorum will run.  Also, no indication that Ehrlich is going to run, but it's likely he would have gone for the open U.S Senate seat if he wasn't going to run.

The following are reportedly still considering running:
1.Mike Pence
2.John Bolton
3.Rick Snyder
4.Pete King
5.John Kasich
6.Jim Gilmore

There are many reasons to run, not everyone expects or is even trying to win.

Some do it to get exposure - to become popular or more popular on political TV talk shows, or to sell books, or for vanity.

Some do it because they have one idea very important to them and hope a more viable candidate will pick it up

Some do it to generate a little support within the party, with the idea of getting a Cabinet Secretary, or some such position in the new administration.

Some do it as a trial run - to gain experience running a campaign for something other than a legislative seat, something to put on their resume ('I ran for President') when their real goal is something more modest in the future, like, say, Mayor of Chicago.  A person doing this may not even be qualified to be President due to not being a natural born citizen, and sometimes if things all go just wrong, they can end up being their party's candidate.

b_dubb

Quote from: Up All Night on March 24, 2015, 01:10:21 PM
The next family to occupy The White House

HA.  God help us if that comes to pass.

Up All Night

The first TV ad for Ted Cruz for President of the United States of America:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EsDxRDEwhw

Up All Night

Elizabeth Warren has said she is not going to run for President.

Will They or Won't They: Elizabeth Warren - Late Night with Seth Meyers

But she has never said she would not be a running mate, a VP candidate....

Quote from: Up All Night on April 07, 2015, 01:04:24 AM
Elizabeth Warren has said she is not going to run for President.

Will They or Won't They: Elizabeth Warren - Late Night with Seth Meyers

But she has never said she would not be a running mate, a VP candidate....

Actually she might be only person who could beat Hillary for the dem nomination. I think she would be an awful VP pick for clinton.

Gd5150

He needs to grow it again if she wins. Looks good that way. And we'd have the bearded 1st lady. GreAt pic.  ;D

[attachimg=1]

albrecht

Quote from: Gd5150 on April 08, 2015, 09:38:48 PM
He needs to grow it again if she wins. Looks good that way. And we'd have the bearded 1st lady. GreAt pic.  ;D

[attachimg=1]
Has Paulides seen that pic? And has Dr.Ketchum tried the infamous "blue dress" to check for Bigfoot DNA? Might be a better shot than random hairs found in the woods. Is Chelsea a "hybrid?" (Or would the supposed Foster dalliances exclude that source of bigfeet research?)

VtaGeezer

Dunno why the right is ridiculing HRC; she's without doubt their best weapon for winning the WH. 

Quote from: VtaGeezer on April 09, 2015, 09:28:37 AM
Dunno why the right is ridiculing HRC; she's without doubt their best weapon for winning the WH.

Well, understandably, there`s some paranoia in GOP circles, especially considering the left turned out in droves to elect, and re-elect, arguably the worst President since James Buchanan.

Personally, I`m not the least bit concerned about Hills. In fact, just recently while attending a local fund-raiser, a little Capital Hill birdie flew up and whispered something in my ear. It seems Hillary is having nightmares about one Trey Gowdy...and for very good reason.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: FightTheFuture on April 09, 2015, 10:10:13 AM

...arguably the worst President since James Buchanan.
Only like Bigfoot and Nibiru are arguable, FTF.  The evidence, when assessed rationally, says otherwise. But first you have to open your eyes to see it.

Gd5150

Quote from: VtaGeezer on April 09, 2015, 10:50:12 AM
Only like Bigfoot and Nibiru are arguable, FTF.  The evidence, when assessed rationally, says otherwise. But first you have to open your eyes to see it.

The evidence is overwhelming. From the Middle East falling apart, to the medical system in chaos, to 25 million less people working. The key to knowing what's up is looking past what the media tries to shift our focus to.

I suppose I could look to those I know personally in the last year who've lost medical coverage. A half dozen small business owners, thanks specifically to Obamacare. Or perhaps the other half dozen college educated I know personally who've been laid off from jobs they've been at for 5-10 years. From education to the medical sales. Half are now working paying their bills as "private contractors" month to month or week to week. Meaning they don't have to be provided medical benefits. Now which national healthcare policy implemented by our current president do you think has caused that, hint: it rhymes with Obamacare. Yep, the economy is booming, "when you open your eyes".

100k jobs created in March and magically the unemployment number stays at 5.5% haha!!!! After they revise it it'll drop to 50k jobs less created, unemployment will go to 5.3%, and CNN will run out and celebrate and tell everyone how great it is out there. Then switch to the flavor of the day cell phone video story.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Gd5150 on April 09, 2015, 12:09:05 PM
The evidence is overwhelming. From the Middle East falling apart, to the medical system in chaos, to 25 million less people working. The key to knowing what's up is looking past what the media tries to shift our focus to.

I suppose I could look to those I know personally in the last year who've lost medical coverage. A half dozen small business owners, thanks specifically to Obamacare. Or perhaps the other half dozen college educated I know personally who've been laid off from jobs they've been at for 5-10 years. From education to the medical sales. Half are now working paying their bills as "private contractors" month to month or week to week. Meaning they don't have to be provided medical benefits. Now which national healthcare policy implemented by our current president do you think has caused that, hint: it rhymes with Obamacare. Yep, the economy is booming, "when you open your eyes".

100k jobs created in March and magically the unemployment number stays at 5.5% haha!!!! After they revise it it'll drop to 50k jobs less created, unemployment will go to 5.3%, and CNN will run out and celebrate and tell everyone how great it is out there. Then switch to the flavor of the day cell phone video story.
Your "evidence" is like that of the bible thumpers, who say the Earth is 6000 years old and reject all evidence of how we really got here. Maybe it is too bad that McCain lost, because then conservatives could no longer be able run away from their moral bankruptcy, simplistic fool's ideology, and outright lies that have laid waste to a thriving and secure US.

136 or 142

Former Republican Senator turned Independent Governor of Rhode Island turned Democrat (he announced that he would be joining the Democratic Party while still governor, but he felt as he was elected as an independent he should honor that commitment while Governor), Lincoln Chafee, son of Republican Senator John Chafee has entered the Democratic Presidential Primary prospects.

Former Rhode Island Gov. Lincoln Chafee is announcing that he is considering a campaign for the 2016 Democratic nomination for president, according to Rhode Island Public Radio.

“The 62-year old former U.S. Senator and governor said in an interview that he wants to give Democratic voters a choice for president… A decision on whether to pursue a campaign, Chafee said, will hinge on the level of support he can generate over the next few weeks and months and on how well a web-based fund-raising effort goes.”

http://ripr.org/post/lincoln-chafee-considers-run-2016-democratic-presidential-nomination#.VSaDtu4ZVow.twitter