• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

2016 Likely Candidates for POTUS?

Started by West of the Rockies, October 05, 2014, 03:09:56 PM

Quote from: 136 or 142 on October 20, 2014, 08:34:39 AM
That may be a fair point on the Republican side, though I suspect many of their leading presidential contenders already have high name recognition, but show me a prior cycle where the leading Democrat was polling at 64%.  Maybe Al Gore who only had one challenger (although there were 5 or 6 other Democrats who were said to be considering running in 2000).

If that witch somehow squirms her way back into the White House, I`m headin` for New Zealand.

No way she even wins the nomination, MUCH LESS the Presidential election.

NO WAY; NO HOW.

AZ/CO

I would really like to see Ben Carson run.  I appreciate his common sense.  He has never held a political office that I am aware of, but at least, unlike Obama, he has actually worked for a living.  He would be an excellent role model for black youth if he ran.  That being said, I don't think he would win a nomination being an outsider, but, he would then have a higher profile to be considered for an appointment to the cabinet.  I do see him as a team player.

Quote from: FightTheFuture on October 20, 2014, 08:41:17 AM

If that witch somehow squirms her way back into the White House, I`m headin` for New Zealand.

NO WAY; NO HOW.

Reading your post I realize electing Hilary would be a disaster.  Not because she would be a bad president, but because her presence in the White House would further divide America along partisan lines, and it is already nearing a breaking point.  That's a really disappointing statement to have to make about the state of American sensibilities.

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on October 20, 2014, 12:22:36 PM
That's a really disappointing statement to have to make about the state of American sensibilities.

No, it's a disappointing statement about how conservatives think.  Like this, also:

Quote from: 136 or 142 on October 20, 2014, 08:34:39 AM
That may be a fair point on the Republican side, though I suspect many of their leading presidential contenders already have high name recognition, but show me a prior cycle where the leading Democrat was polling at 64%.  Maybe Al Gore who only had one challenger (although there were 5 or 6 other Democrats who were said to be considering running in 2000).

1980.  1988.  Reagan and Bush I both started out way behind.  And that was in the General Election, let alone a year and a half before the Primaries.

The political junkies are aware of the current contenders.  About 38% of the electorate are always going to vote D, and about 35% are always going to vote R, some of them pay attention and some don't.  The others for the most part don't care, aren't interested, don't follow it, and mostly don't know the candidates other than Hilary (how I envy them, it must be a little like not knowing who George Noory is).

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on October 20, 2014, 02:26:13 PM
No, it's a disappointing statement about how conservatives think...

Yes, she would be quite divisive, and would pick up right where Barry leaves off in illegally expanding Presidential power and wrecking the country. 

Perhaps you could point out her accomplishments?

136 or 142

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 20, 2014, 02:44:16 PM

1980.  1988.  Reagan and Bush I both started out way behind.  And that was in the General Election, let alone a year and a half before the Primaries.

The political junkies are aware of the current contenders.  About 38% of the electorate are always going to vote D, and about 35% are always going to vote R, some of them pay attention and some don't.  The others for the most part don't care, aren't interested, don't follow it, and mostly don't know the candidates other than Hilary (how I envy them, it must be a little like not knowing who George Noory is).

1.I was too young in 1980 to really know, but I believe Reagan was polling second in the primaries behind Bush.  Of course, even if that had been the case it would have understated his support as he had already run for the Republican nomination in 1976 and was only narrowly defeated by Gerald Ford.  So, Reagan probably should have been considered the frontrunner, his real opponents then were the facts that he was considered 'too old' and 'washed up' (at least that's what Chevy Chase said on the SNL 'news' that I saw in repeat years later).

2.I believe Bush was the frontrunner for the nomination in 1988.  He was trailing Dukakis in the general by a large margin initially.

Fight the Future wrote:
"If that witch somehow squirms her way back into the White House, I`m headin` for New Zealand.

NO WAY; NO HOW."

1.Labour could be back in power in New Zealand in 2017.  By then, they'll have been out of power for 6 or 9 years (I forget) and that's usually how long it takes for the 'outs' to get back 'in' there.

2.Two years or so before the Presidential election but this is the latest poll, published on Real Clear Politics on October 4
General Election: Christie vs. Clinton   McClatchy/Marist   Clinton 51, Christie 42   Clinton +9
General Election: Paul vs. Clinton   McClatchy/Marist   Clinton 52, Paul 43   Clinton +9
General Election: Bush vs. Clinton   McClatchy/Marist   Clinton 53, Bush 42   Clinton +11

Regardless of which party, the candidates of both will have connections with the CFR and or will attend the next Bilderberg meeting.They run the show.

Quote from: 136 or 142 on October 20, 2014, 04:07:03 PM

General Election: Christie vs. Clinton   McClatchy/Marist   Clinton 51, Christie 42   Clinton +9

[attachimg=1]

albrecht

Quote from: VtaGeezer on October 23, 2014, 09:46:07 AM
The party only need to institute a minimum IQ threshold for the nomination; if they set it at 80, it would cut the field by half.
You Dems, always with things like the literacy tests and what not. Wonder how elections would go if we used old Democrats ideas? Like the poll tax, literacy tax, grandfather clause, and so on? Doubt it would go Obama's way and the precious illegals would have a harder time voting.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: albrecht on October 23, 2014, 09:53:34 AM
You Dems, always with things like the literacy tests and what not. Wonder how elections would go if we used old Democrats ideas? Like the poll tax, literacy tax, grandfather clause, and so on? Doubt it would go Obama's way and the precious illegals would have a harder time voting.
You have a point; a literacy test would be unfair to the GOP.

albrecht

Quote from: VtaGeezer on October 23, 2014, 10:01:34 AM
You have a point; a literacy test would be unfair to the GOP.
I doubt it. Would be a nice thing. Personally I think anybody who has a net-gain from government (whether welfare, govt jobs, or corporate welfare) shouldnt be able to vote and only those who own, unmortgaged, property should be able to vote on any city or state bond or property tax issues. So there!

yumyumtree

I would rather not see Mitt Romney run again, but if he gets the nomination, of course I'll vote for him.

Today Ben Shapiro was saying that if a person recieves any kind of benefits, he would rather they didn't vote.  I don't know if that included Social Security.  Some day, you'll be old, Ben, though SS will probably have collapsed by then.

Quote from: yumyumtree on October 24, 2014, 04:59:25 PM
I would rather not see Mitt Romney run again, but if he gets the nomination, of course I'll vote for him.

Today Ben Shapiro was saying that if a person recieves any kind of benefits, he would rather they didn't vote.  I don't know if that included Social Security.  Some day, you'll be old, Ben, though SS will probably have collapsed by then.

I won't be voting for Jeb, Chris, or Mitt.  If any of them get the nomination it will be breathtaking how much they lose by

A far as SS, that's our money, we paid into it for years.  I'm a long way away from collecting it, but it would be nice to get some of my own money back

yumyumtree

As I said, I don't know if he was including Social Security in that.

Social Security Disability has become somewhat controversial because of the number of people on it for addiction-related problems and so forth.

136 or 142

Peter Hamby: "Democrats of all stripes, including Clinton allies, have predicted for months that the former Secretary of State -- who was campaigning for midterm candidates in Iowa on Wednesday -- will face some kind challenge in the race for the Democratic nomination if she decides to run. The prospect of a Clinton campaign seems more likely with each passing day."

"But with the presidential race set to lurch into gear after next week's midterm elections and no clear alternative to Clinton emerging, there are questions about whether she will be the sole candidate on the ballot."

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 24, 2014, 07:11:11 PM

I won't be voting for Jeb, Chris, or Mitt.  If any of them get the nomination it will be breathtaking how much they lose by
You bet. 
Run, Rafael Ted, Run

Quote from: VtaGeezer on October 30, 2014, 10:16:32 AM
You bet. 
Run, Rafael Ted, Run

First off, I thought it had been determined that we were all 'bigots'?

Second, isn't that what the people who thought Jimmy Carter was Mr. Wonderful said regarding Reagan in 1978-79?

I don't really know much about the various Conservatives who might run, but I do know we need to choose one early to get behind, or the RINOs will pick each of them off one by one with their dirtbag tactics

Kelt

The time is right for President Palin.

We're stupid enough thanks to a diet of Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, Survivor, and congealoburgers, we're wild-eyed hysterical enough to accept a witch-killing religious nut as presnidet, and fuck wolves because fuck wolves... I can see death from my window.

Have a mask.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 30, 2014, 10:31:41 AM

First off, I thought it had been determined that we were all 'bigots'?
Nah...it's not that he avoids using Rafael; he goes by "Ted" (for Edward) because Teddy Kennedy was his idol. I know lots of people who go by the nickname for their middle name; don't you?

Quote from: Kelt on October 30, 2014, 11:03:03 AM
The time is right for President Palin.

We're stupid enough thanks to a diet of Here Comes Honey Boo Boo...

Those who thought a campaign of someone with no experience in anything and no accomplishments at all, someone with obvious contempt for the country and who surrounded himself with the worst of associates, those who thought a campaign built around the slogans 'hope and change' and 'yes we can' was the perfect choice, ought to be a bit more circumspect, given the incompetence and failure of the past 5 and a half years.  And given the wrong directions we've been taken in so many areas. 

I would suggest those people sit out a few elections while contemplating how it was they turned out to be so wrong

It amazes me that the Libs never ever look in the rear view window to see the results of their actions, and are completely incapable of anticipating what should be the obvious future consequences of their policies

It's all about how good their intentions make them feel today

Sarah Palin would have been a much better President.  Sarah Palin's dog would have been a better President.  Leaving the office vacant would have been better..

Quote from: VtaGeezer on October 30, 2014, 11:37:16 AM
Nah...it's not that he avoids using Rafael; he goes by "Ted" (for Edward) because Teddy Kennedy was his idol. I know lots of people who go by the nickname for their middle name; don't you?

Actually, the D's only like 'brown' people if they are gang members, cartel members, criminals, receiving government handouts, and here illegally and voting.

Regular normal hardworking people are treated to the same contempt the rest of us are. 

Black Americans are treated this way as well, and some are waking up to it.  Thanks for pointing it out.

Kelt

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 30, 2014, 12:07:31 PM
Actually, the D's only like 'brown' people if they are gang members, cartel members, criminals, receiving government handouts, and here illegally and voting.

Regular normal hardworking people are treated to the same contempt the rest of us are. 

Black Americans are treated this way as well, and some are waking up to it.  Thanks for pointing it out.

Well, obviously you were  'ready' for Presindet Palin before the rest of us.

Mercury in the water supply works on different people at different speeds I guess.

I'm with you now, though, Zippy!

Bring on the Witch Trials!

aldousburbank

I don't know jackie o squat about no 2016 politika doowhizzle but I do know, and I think everyone else does deep inside, that the suited whore stiffs named so far are a bunch of fuktards who couldn't know a hole in the flag from their ass in the ground, and if it's up to dimfuk whiffle ball playing bought and sold assclowns like the current barrel scraping brigade, then the greatest nation on earf is now and for some time to come horrifuckably fucking fucked. At least if you believe any if this shat matters.

The revolution shall not be democratized!

Freedom is an inside job with an opposite and equal outside reaction.

Put the damn glasses on!

Vote with your hands, work with your heart, stand your ground with your balls, but prepare to run with your ass!

Just kidding. I think Al Franken for POTUS and the shrimpy vegan dude who ran before with the hot readhead wife- yeah, she should be vice president.

136 or 142

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 30, 2014, 10:48:46 PM

Just kidding. I think Al Franken for POTUS and the shrimpy vegan dude who ran before with the hot readhead wife- yeah, she should be vice president.

Dennis Kucinich

136 or 142

First Presidential Debate Already Scheduled
"The 2014 midterm elections are days away, but preparation are already underway for the first debate of the 2016 presidential primary contest," the AP reports.

"The Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation announced on Thursday that it will invite GOP presidential candidates to attend a televised debate at California's Reagan Library in September 2015."