• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Coast topics you LOVE and the ones you CANT STAND

Started by henge0stone, September 20, 2014, 01:25:41 PM

henge0stone

Topics I love
-UFOs - really interesting espcially credible people like Lear, friedman, Howe ect.
-Abductions - Some are really crazy but still interesting. Probably a lot are night terrors turn delusions but the ones with implants are more unexplainable.
-Lost Ancient history - Hancock is the best in this territory. John Rhodes and Frank Joseph were good too. Not sure how much I I believe but there is defantly some advanced civilization in the past.
- HAARP - I don't really like conspiracies but this one I find intriguing for some reason.
- Cryptozoology - Fun subject.
- Space - Anything to do with other planets and worlds fascinate me. michio kaku has a lot of intereviews about this.
- Ghosts & Shadow people - I truely believe these are real phenomenon and had an experience with a shadow person. 

Topics I hate
-Political conspiracies - Some are probably true but politics bores me.
-Philadelphia experiment - So unbelievable. Anything that involves advanced tech that the government is hiding but NOT using in war for no reason is total BS in my book.
-Immortal -  They just aren't real. Everyone who calls in and says they are immortal is just a lair.
-Time Travel - Interesting in Scifi but has almost no basis in reality. I know a lot of other topics might not either but traveling backwards in time does not seem plausible.
-physics & prophets- since I'm listening to old shows and know that all their predictions are wrong it shows how fake the people are.

yumyumtree

I've listed these in other threads, but it bears repeating:
Just off the top of my head, favorite topics
True crime cases, unsolved mysteries
Forgotten or underreported histories or stories.  An example was a show on conscientious objectors who volunteered for experiments during World war II.
Things having to do with Hollywood, especially old Hollywood, and the entertainment word that isnt the same old same old.
I actually don't mind occasional shows on the the Philadelphia experiment and time travel. Doesn't mean I believe it.
Political stories unless the guest is an obvious partisan hack.
Health and science shows that aren't obvious attempts to sell books, questionable cures or peddle disproven theories.  I like Gary Ridenour.
Economic stories.  I like Gerald Celente even though he repeats himself sometimes.
People who aren't afraid to be blunt, even in regards to to some of George's sacred cows.  I liked the astrologer who said that Occupy wall Streeters were full of it, around the same time Evelyn Paglini was raving about how wonderful they were.

Stuff I hate:
By the numbers, conspiracy theory talking points. The phrase "illuminati", New World order", Bilderbergers".
Cancer quacks and others peddling questionable medical advice and products, stuff that's been debunked for decades.
People running around telling people to get rid of microwave ovens and brassieres,without understanding the ramifications.
People who insult our intelligence, like Thur. night guest.

albrecht

It is the guest and more importantly the host that matters. I've really enjoyed some shows with subjects that I have no real interest in (or believe or even heard of.) And some of the best shows have been caller-based (with a host who knows how to handle them.) I dont like, usually, the "medical" shows, especially when the "doctor" has some degree in holistic health from a diploma mill or a "doctorate" in something unrelated to medicine, biology, etc. But sometimes the health shows are ok (the red tide, original ebola, etc shows.) But, to me, it is more about delivery and believability (of guest/caller.) I like the crazy guests n callers. Crazier the better (hollow earth, aliens, holes, royal etc conspiracies, bigfoot killings, ghosts, etc) if they believe it and not just hawking a book or maricle cure.

b_dubb

You think Roger Lear is credible? Maybe more credible than Strieber but ....wow

henge0stone

Quote from: b_dubb on September 20, 2014, 06:42:46 PM
You think Roger Lear is credible? Maybe more credible than Strieber but ....wow

I've only heard a few episodes with him. Anyone who has a background in aeroscience at least has good credentials to study UFOs. Just because he is credible doesn't mean I agree with any of his conclusions.

People selling stuff are really annoying too. I don't mind it if they have a book but when they mention it nonstop it gets annoying. I thought Matt Alpher was a d!ck on Dark Matter, basically insulting every caller. It's the only Dark Matter I didn't really enjoy. To the other end of the spectrum guests who say 'everything that ever was is in the bible' are annoying as well. At least when you had bad guests Art would ask the tough questions like with Alper and NDE's but Noory just sits there and twiddles his thumbs.

Hollow Earth is another fun topic. Most guests who talk about it are kinda insane though..

cweb

I'm pretty open to most topics, but I pay extra attention to:
WWII/JFK/Military/Catholic "Hidden History"
Deep Space/Cosmology/"New Physics"
Military Aviation Developments
Hoagland (It's kind of fun to think about how wrong he is. Bara is not as entertaining.)
Time Travel Stories (Most of it seems like BS, but they're fun stories)
True Crime
Cryptozoology (Fun to listen to while camping)
Bell's Open Lines

Stuff I don't like:
Bible thumping (guests or callers)-- Analyzing the history of biblical stories is ok, but don't read me verses. I can read it myself, if I want.
New-age "self help" touchy-feely finding-your-center BS
Numerology (You can manipulate numbers to do pretty much anything)
Astrology
Psychics
Noory's Open Lines

yumyumtree

I ran out of time with my post.

I wanted to add that I don't like guests(usually the political conspiracy or quack types) who have that angry, defensive, almost paranoid tone.
I dont like the ones who seem likely to have mental health issues( the women who claim to have been sex slaves for the CIA and the guy who claimed the government implanted things in him come to mind) They are entertaining but I don't feel right being entertained by them.
I especially don't like what I call Noory blandishment--guests or callers who pile fawning praise on Noory. This sets the wrong tone in my opinion, and the show is likely to go downhill from there.

Zetaspeak

I like the strange and wacky. Once in a while I enjoy when a guest is so over-the-top absurd that you go "What the heck!?" Those could be enjoyable, not all the time, once in a while they are great to have a laugh at times.
Unsolved Mysteries
Space Science
Cryptozoology/Monsters/Creatures.
Prophets & future predictions in general
Ancient planet and society/Atlantis etc

I don't like the stuff you hear in mainstream and political shows.
When the NRA topics come on, there is nothing worse. Okay we get it, the only solution is more.
Climate Change deniers. These shows usually all over the place from Global Warming isn't happening to it's happening but so is Mars. I don't mind it's a true debate, but normally it's just guests contradicting themselves and Noory just agreeing.
Economic Doom and Gloomers
Numbers lady/personal psychic readings. Like I said on the New Years Day show. I don't care if Margarate is finding love
Self-help topics.

Reincarnation:   not the woo guests but the shows about children who spout off names addresses and telephone numbers of their past lives and it checks out.
NDEs: but only if its someone of the calibre of Sam Parnia, Raymond Moody or Pim van Lommel with medical experience
UFOs: I like Knapp's shows the best on the subject, with the exception of John Lear.
Ancient Mysteries especially if Graham Hancock is the guest
Ghosts: used to love the ghost evp people until they got hijacked, but firsthand scary stories are always fun

Authors: Mary Roach, Steve Vogel, the Haunted America series authors (sorry, can't remember their names)

albrecht

In no particular order:

Like:
-Vegas/Mob and etc stories
-Conspiracies
-Hollow Earth (and associated topics Atlantis, Hollow Moon, etc)
-Cryptids
-real science, medicine, or nature shows (with real, but maybe bizarre, theories, discoveries, etc)
-ancient civilizations/artifacts/ "forbidden archeology or sociology" (alternative world discovery, lost tribes, etc)
-good UFO guests
-LMH
-wacked out guests with elaborate theories (time travel, grand conspiracies, etc etc.)

Dislike:
-Bible prophecy
-"luck"
-simple UFO "updates" or stories that just say a report of what some other person "saw" in the sky with no follow-up, actual interviews, possible alternative (realistic) explanations, etc.
-less than credible economic experts who just want you to buy gold

Hate:
-numerology
-Newage quack medicine infomercials
-Norry

George49

I hate all the topics on Coast now. Everything is just commercialized.

I've barely listened to the show in weeks.

ItsOver

Quote from: George49 on January 12, 2015, 06:20:27 AM
I hate all the topics on Coast now. Everything is just commercialized.

I've barely listened to the show in weeks.
The corporatization of C2C is almost complete.  I only listen to Knapp the few times a month he appears.

PremRat, the OCP of radio, with Jorch as the primary broken bot.  The thrill is long gone.

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on January 12, 2015, 07:28:19 AM
The corporatization of C2C is almost complete.  I only listen to Knapp the few times a month he appears.

PremRat, the OCP of radio, with Jorch as the primary broken bot.  The thrill is long gone.

In the either the ultimate irony, or just a slap in the face of radio fans, CC has rebranded itself "IHeartMedia, Inc" even though they have destroyed media quality, at least in radio.

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on January 12, 2015, 09:13:41 AM
In the either the ultimate irony, or just a slap in the face of radio fans, CC has rebranded itself "IHeartMedia, Inc" even though they have destroyed media quality, at least in radio.
Doublespeak at it's best, or should I say worst. 

July 11th, 2015 - Coast to Coast AM topics have been getting worse and worse. Each night I turn on the radio to tune in, wondering to myself, "Will this be yet another night filled with two more boring topics, guests who dominate the show, and call-ins who say "uhhh" every two to four words in a simple sentance?" And,  "Will this be another night where I switch the radio off after 10 - 15 minutes, flip from AM to FM music station, or just search for a semi-interesting podcast or YouTube session?

One word for what Coast to Coast AM has become,       lame!

I'm with Albrecht a few posts above about disliking uncontested crap UFO bits.  I love the real science (though you're farrrrrr more likely to find THAT on Science Friday or Radio Lab).

I like ghostly stuff that is not done by grifting hacks and bearded bubbas.  Cryptids and creatures are fun.

I loathe the biblical stuff.  Keep your religion and politics to yourself if you are an enraged idealogue or fear-mongering hack (of any stripe).

Jackstar

LOVE - The JFK murder & associated coup d'etat. The story literally never gets old or ends.

CAN'T STAND - Ghost stories. So boring. I'll be honestest--I just play along and pretend to enjoy Ghost to Ghost every year. I'm happy for other people having a good time, but if i hear one more story about how someone's dead sister still teases them the exact same way they used to tease when they were alive, I'm going to end up a poltergeist.

For me, Jackstar, it can all be boring when it is done badly, dishonestly, and in lazy fashion.  A genuine, vaguely credible ghost story can still grab me.

Yeah, the JFK stuff is intriguing, too.

Jackstar

LOVE - lovely interviews

CAN'T STAND - interviews I can't stand

End of thread! End of thread! *drops mic*

onan

I like the interviews where they talk about stuff.

testing101

Coast to Coast AM is very watered down. The host George Noory is equally as credible as the  vast majority of his guests.

Guest I like...
Richard C Hoagland while as fun to listen to for entertainment value

90% of these Paranormal Interviews are awful

The UFO shows are just old material being reused over and over again... I have a major disdain for shows that repeat and recycle old material. The fact this show and host is still on air in its current form is really Beyond Belief.

Coast to Coast is to Repetitious as Ancient Aliens is to What if I told you Aliens...

Shows I'd like to hear...
anything about science with real peer reviewed phds
Art Bell
And I must admit I'm looking forward to Hoaglands Pluto New Horizons Show

Robert

LOVE:
miscellaneous Forteana
speculative science
psi (intentionality, remote viewing if they can get some new guests for it, other mind stuff)

CAN'T STAND:
show biz celeb interviews
health advice (as opposed to medical news or specul'n)
fortune telling
end of the world

henge0stone

Don't get me started with end of the world BS.

ChandlersDad

I am so tired of anything to do with ROSWELL or BENTWATER.  Frankly, there is nothing I can think of that I enjoy. That is why I stopped subscribing to C2C. Even with an interesting guest, Noory somehow manages to make it boring with his obsessive need to simply go down a list of questions prepared by his staff. There is never a dynamic conversation. I do not need to hear another "There is no doubt about that" or "you may be right" from Noory as his only response before reading the next question.

The shows I truly loath have right wing religious fanatics or political hacks spreading fear and hysteria.

NightsAtSea

Love:
-paranormal (ghosts, hauntings, Shadow People, EVP, demons, etc)
-cryptozoology
-science (especially space related)
-environmental issues
-GMO coverage
-ancient civilizations, alternative history/archaeology
-witchcraft, paganism and magic(k)
-aliens, UFOs and USOs
-conspiracy theories (with a few exceptions)
-bizarre news
-unsolved mysteries

Dislike:
-NDEs
-economy
-politics

Hate:
-astrology
-numerology
-remote viewing
-astral projection
-Ouija board hysteria
-the impending end of the world
-illuminati/Reptilians in the government/NWO
-predictions and prophecies
-religious topics (when they're accusatory or aggressive towards nonbelievers)

Centurion40

UFO's #1.  Although, admittedly, it is all somewhat re-hashed these days. 

Everything else is fine, except for remote viewing, politics and current events (unless those topics are being parleyed into some batshit conspiracy nonsense).  Cryptids, shadows, ghosts, monsters, actual science... it's all good!

Jackstar

LOVE: weather control

CAN'T STAND: "climate change"

Dislike:
Whitley Strieber, Ed Dames or anything about remote viewing

Like:
Michio Kaku, Matthew Alper, Seth Shostak, RCH, Graham Hancock & astronauts

SredniVashtar

Quote from: MaxGravy on July 16, 2015, 09:04:23 AM
Dislike:
Whitley Strieber, Ed Dames or anything about remote viewing

Like:
Michio Kaku, Matthew Alper, Seth Shostak, RCH, Graham Hancock & astronauts

Hancock has had an odd metamorphosis, from the nerdy guy going on about alternative archaeology to going all Timothy Leary lite. It seems every interview he does these days turns into him telling us about the delights of getting fucked up on a variety of South American plants. I'm not sure what he thinks that does for his credibility. Kaku is sounding very odd these days too, plugging his website all the time and not really engaging with the interviewer. I thought Alper's last interview was rather poor, just a repetition of one idea. I am all in favour of annoying religious believers as much as possible, but it got a bit one-note after a while.