• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The 2014 BellGab.com Warcraft 3 Tournament

Started by MV/Liberace!, September 12, 2014, 11:38:33 PM

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: themudking on September 11, 2014, 07:27:55 PM
anyone that is interested in joining us for the first bellgab.com gaming day this saturday let me know by pm and I will send you the details to connect.  We are going to play warcraft III since it is one of the only games certified for Windows 8.1 and above.  As soon as we know how many (if anyone) wants to connect we will set a specific time.

If we get more than Michael and I playing I am of the opinion we should live stream the entire event.

EDIT: This is what you need to download.

What time tomorrow (saturday)?  We need to coordinate this mofo.  I want to see a whoooole lot of BellGabbers there for me to attack with my fully upgraded paladins.

Also, for anyone curious, we could make this a regular occurrence if there's enough interest.  Man I can't wait.

ksm32

Quote from: MV on September 12, 2014, 11:38:33 PM
What time tomorrow (saturday)?  We need to coordinate this mofo.  I want to see a whoooole lot of BellGabbers there for me to attack with my fully upgraded paladins.

Also, for anyone curious, we could make this a regular occurrence if there's enough interest.  Man I can't wait.

Who takes care of that battlefield lawn?  It's horrible!  Fire him.

jazmunda

This has to be the nerdiest thing I have ever seen on this site. I approve.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: jazmunda on September 13, 2014, 01:21:48 AM

But won't anyone think of the time zones?  :-\

I only have Diablo 3 installed at the moment. I guess I could install WC3 but I completely forgot how to play.

area51drone

I've never played Warcraft, but I would be down for it sometime.   My favorite RTS game is Total Annihilation.  BTW, just so we're all on the same page, is this the version we should go get off torrent?

http://www.amazon.com/WarCraft-III-Reign-Chaos-PC-Mac/dp/B00005V9Q1

Bart Ell

Yeah but does this world you type of have a God?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: area51drone on September 13, 2014, 11:21:33 AM
BTW, just so we're all on the same page, is this the version we should go get off torrent?

download this.

Heather Wade

Quote from: jazmunda on September 13, 2014, 01:21:48 AM

Concur.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on September 13, 2014, 05:31:12 PM
too late to join?

no it's not, but we are having trouble with connectivity on curtis's battle.net server he's running on his network... will advise when we figure it out.

with the trouble we're having connecting with one another to play, i'm glad we didn't have a bunch of people who wanted to play right away.

b_dubb

I got the ISO installed using Virtual Clone on my Win7 box but W3C keeps asking me to put the WC3 disk in the cd / DVD drive.

jazmunda

Quote from: b_dubb on September 13, 2014, 07:31:35 PM
I got the ISO installed using Virtual Clone on my Win7 box but W3C keeps asking me to put the WC3 disk in the cd / DVD drive.

You may not be nerdy enough to play then. :P

MV/Liberace!

analog kid

Did you have the right ISO mounted with Virtual Clone when you launched the game? There might be a no CD patch for it, if nothing else.

area51drone

On a side note, what torrent client are you guys using now a days?  I was using bittorrent from the creator, but the latest version that installed has video ads - ugh.   

Catsmile

Quote from: area51drone on September 14, 2014, 11:57:34 PM
On a side note, what torrent client are you guys using now a days?  I was using bittorrent from the creator, but the latest version that installed has video ads - ugh.   

I use uTorrent, with PeerBlock I get no adz.
http://www.utorrent.com/

Decline the other products they try to push on you during the install, unless you want 2 party apps.

Not so happy with the "bugs" in the user interface as of late, not any deal breakers yet.
When the program is opened it highlights the same torrent in the middle of my list, not the last one I selected. Not being able to resize the sidebar as small as I once had it, so I hid sidebar. Stupid stuff like that. Maybe a reinstall is in order for me, dunno.

MV/Liberace!

uTorrent.

williedee

qbittorent and transmission

area51drone

Quote from: williedee on September 15, 2014, 07:10:03 PM
qbittorent and transmission

I will always trust the greasy owner of the Dirty Burger over some geeky forum owner.  Sheesh.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: area51drone on September 16, 2014, 12:47:55 AM
I will always trust the greasy owner of the Dirty Burger over some geeky forum owner.  Sheesh.

Tha phukk.

Bart Ell

Quote from: Kelt on September 19, 2014, 04:19:08 PM
So who won?

When it comes to games being played over the internet by adults there are no winners.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Kelt on September 19, 2014, 04:19:08 PM
So who won?

Details to come on the next Spec Sheet episode. So far the only people who have played together are Curtis and me. Took us a while just to figure out how to get things working without playing through blizzard's servers.

Quote from: Bart Ell on September 19, 2014, 05:40:33 PM
When it comes to games being played over the internet by adults there are no winners.

Point taken.

area51drone

So it's now worth installing from the iso, or am I still waiting for you guys to get your own server up?

Kelt