• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Thief or Theives came over last night, and stole my security camera.

Started by Foodlion, September 02, 2014, 08:46:24 AM

Foodlion

Here I sit, dumbfounded about what happened last night.
At around 11:30pm--First we hear some one hopping over the fence, I go out with a flash light to investigate but see nothing. Suddenly it hits me, my camera is pointed at that spot, the same spot they've hopped over time and time again. Expecting to finally get pictures of the piece of filth in action, I go to check the camera, It's gone. Fucking thieves stole my camera and the memory card.

I look for my dog and he's laying on the ground. They must've fed him something to make him sick or fall asleep. I'm about to turn into a hobo with a shotgun and start street sweeping these dope heads.

Looks like I'm going to sell my 4 wheeler and get the money for a security system. At this point I'd rather catch the idiots more than anything. I might be looking for some advice later. If you know about security systems, please let me know. I'm hoping I can get one that will go wifi and I can work and watch from my computer screen. Any suggestions?

Edit: I am on a budget crises. If you guys can help point me to something really cheap and effective, I will hansomly reward you with any video or pictures of thieves that I manage to get. You guys will really enjoy looking at these ugly mofos. They look like Skelitor from He-man. Just a bag of bones with track marks down their arms. Some real nasty sonofvabitches.

Quote from: Foodlion on September 02, 2014, 08:46:24 AM
At around 11:30pm--First we hear some one hopping over the fence, I go out with a flash light to investigate but see nothing. Suddenly it hits me, my camera is pointed at that spot, the same spot they've hopped over time and time again. Expecting to finally get pictures of the piece of filth in action, I go to check the camera, It's gone. Fucking thieves stole my camera and the memory card.

I look for my dog and he's laying on the ground. They must've fed him something to make him sick or fall asleep. I'm about to turn into a hobo with a shotgun and start street sweeping these dope heads.

Looks like I'm going to sell my 4 wheeler and get the money for a security system. At this point I'd rather catch the idiots more than anything. I might be looking for some advice later. If you know about security systems, please let me know. I'm hoping I can get one that will go wifi and I can work and watch from my computer screen. Any suggestions?

Edit: I am on a budget crises. If you guys can help point me to something really cheap and effective, I will hansomly reward you with any video or pictures of thieves that I manage to get. You guys will really enjoy looking at these ugly mofos. They look like Skelitor from He-man. Just a bag of bones with track marks down their arms. Some real nasty sonofvabitches.

Damn, man, sorry to hear about that. I can only imagine how you feel. My BEST avice is contact the cops, and ask the CSI guys if they know a GOOD security outfit and also get suggestions from them about placement of cameras, etc.. Many times, the CSI guys have a side biz in home security and they KNOW what to look for.

wr250

Quote from: FightTheFuture on September 02, 2014, 08:58:55 AM

Damn, man, sorry to hear about that. I can only imagine how you feel. My BEST avice is contact the cops, and ask the CSI guys if they know a GOOD security outfit and also get suggestions from them about placement of cameras, etc.. Many times, the CSI guys have a side biz in home security and they KNOW what to look for.

in addition, the camera should immediately upload any pictures or video to a remote server, whether that server is in your house/business or off site somewhere (better) . that way , if they steal the camera, you still have the pictures.
my ex-boss did a surveillance system for his salvage business. he was monitoring a particular portion of the yard, but made  the mistake of making the system too accessible (it was housed nearby i guess), and not uploading to *somewhere else*. the thieves took the whole system. $4000 worth of equipment.
FTF is right , local CSI guys will know how to set you up correctly.

Bart Ell

I told you taking your eyes off the doomsday prize to look at all those naked boobies was a bad idea.

On the cheap you could use a motion activated sprinkler to get rid of crackheads.

Have a look at the Foscam cams they have at Home Depot. My house came with a half dozen of them. The one covering the garage is under $80 and does the job day or night.

area51drone

Sorry to hear about this.  I hate people who steal from your yard.  One time we had someone steal the door mat off our front porch!   Another time we lost some xmas decorations.   Probably kids, but still...  little assholes.     Anyway, I bought a few of these - they work well.   

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400748614752

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400748601079

There are other ones just like it that are even better, and will run on the Open IP Cam platform (hootoo does not, at least the ones I have don't).   

You can get them cheap.. they are all Foscam clones.

http://www.openipcam.com/

Foodlion

Thanks for the help fellas. I've looked at many cameras now. I'm now in the stage of raising the funds to buy a Foscam setup.

I found out that another person's webcam was stolen last night too. A worker from the USDA came out and installed a hog trap on my neighbors land and his camera was gone as well. I pretty much know who stole it, and this month it's dopehead hunting season on my property. I hope they are dumb enough to come back.

The General

Quote from: Foodlion on September 02, 2014, 02:52:14 PM
Thanks for the help fellas. I've looked at many cameras now. I'm now in the stage of raising the funds to buy a Foscam setup.

I found out that another person's webcam was stolen last night too. A worker from the USDA came out and installed a hog trap on my neighbors land and his camera was gone as well. I pretty much know who stole it, and this month it's dopehead hunting season on my property. I hope they are dumb enough to come back.

Put out some skittles, doritos, and mountain dew in your yard.  They'll be back.

Foodlion

Quote from: The General on September 02, 2014, 02:56:43 PM
Put out some skittles, doritos, and mountain dew in your yard.  They'll be back.
HAH! Mountain Dew. I've developed a bitter relationship with this drink. This is the single most thing found at their gatherings. They are addicted to this stuff, and equally addicted to tossing their cans on the ground.

albrecht

Quote from: Foodlion on September 02, 2014, 02:52:14 PM

I don't know how large a property you have but is your fence electrified? You won't be able to amp it up to actually cause damage to the methheads but you can get a good spark in them and be alerted to their presence. (Also help keeps hogs out.) Also this:
http://www.pyrocreations.com/inc/sdetail/11971
or using the wire-perimeter 12gauge alert system people use when hiking in arctic polar bear country (sets off 12 gauge flare and/or whistle alarm if perimeter is breached. Alerts you, scares bear off, I reckon it would scare a methhead also?)

Unfortunately, lethal or harmful booby-traps are illegal to use lest an innocent person gets hurt.

Foodlion

Quote from: albrecht on September 02, 2014, 03:04:51 PM
I don't know how large a property you have but is your fence electrified? You won't be able to amp it up to actually cause damage to the methheads but you can get a good spark in them and be alerted to their presence. (Also help keeps hogs out.) Also this:
http://www.pyrocreations.com/inc/sdetail/11971
or using the wire-perimeter 12gauge alert system people use when hiking in arctic polar bear country (sets off 12 gauge flare and/or whistle alarm if perimeter is breached. Alerts you, scares bear off, I reckon it would scare a methhead also?)

Unfortunately, lethal or harmful booby-traps are illegal to use lest an innocent person gets hurt.
If it was electrified they would just cut it. I do have a 12gauge trip wire already, but then again they would just steal it. I suspect they are using Night Vision goggles to see on my property at night. By the way I own about 3 acres, but my fence line is only about 1 1/2 acres.

albrecht

Quote from: Foodlion on September 02, 2014, 03:21:07 PM
If it was electrified they would just cut it. I do have a 12gauge trip wire already, but then again they would just steal it. I suspect they are using Night Vision goggles to see on my property at night. By the way I own about 3 acres, but my fence line is only about 1 1/2 acres.
Geez. What a horrible situation. They don't seem to be as drug-addled as I suspected if they have NV gear. You would think they would've pawn that for a fix far earlier. How are the police in your area? I have an uncle who basically is trapped in his home. Neighbors get things stolen all the time. Kicked in doors and police won't respond to simple alarm calls. He had a snowblower stolen. Another time door kicked in and the top drawer from a chest of drawers and a few pieces of silver stolen. No rhyme or reason. Methheads steal ANYTHING. I guess they figured top drawer would hide valuables? Worst thing is now he has to get a new chest of drawers! They got socks and underwear. Police won't even show up because so stressed and budget cuts. Unless it is a robbery of your residence (you are home when it happens) they don't show up. Just say talk to your insurance company and fill out a report over the phone! Crazy.
Good luck in your situation. And I hope police are more effective in your area.

Foodlion

Quote from: albrecht on September 02, 2014, 03:27:56 PM
Geez. What a horrible situation. They don't seem to be as drug-addled as I suspected if they have NV gear. You would think they would've pawn that for a fix far earlier. How are the police in your area? I have an uncle who basically is trapped in his home. Neighbors get things stolen all the time. Kicked in doors and police won't respond to simple alarm calls. He had a snowblower stolen. Another time door kicked in and the top drawer from a chest of drawers and a few pieces of silver stolen. No rhyme or reason. Methheads steal ANYTHING. I guess they figured top drawer would hide valuables? Worst thing is now he has to get a new chest of drawers! They got socks and underwear. Police won't even show up because so stressed and budget cuts. Unless it is a robbery of your residence (you are home when it happens) they don't show up. Just say talk to your insurance company and fill out a report over the phone! Crazy.
Good luck in your situation. And I hope police are more effective in your area.
Cops around here are scared and the few that aren't are corrupt. Out here it's the law of the land. Who owns the land makes the laws.

It's a very complicated situation I live in. They've left me alone for the better part, but lately their funds have been drying and harvest season isn't for another 3 weeks. These people are poor money wise, but they do own a lot of stuff, and make a killing off dope twice out of the year.

Luckily for me I can move and make life work outside of the country. These people are losers and won't go anywhere. But I still won't move. I like this country enough to not let these douchebags win.

bateman

Quote from: Foodlion on September 02, 2014, 03:04:07 PM
HAH! Mountain Dew. I've developed a bitter relationship with this drink. This is the single most thing found at their gatherings. They are addicted to this stuff, and equally addicted to tossing their cans on the ground.

Is that like white trash champagne?

Heather Wade

I am sorry to hear this Foodlion.  It seems the Skelitor dope heads are wreaking extra havoc lately.  They have not stolen anything from me, unless you count the fact that I can no longer walk outside freely.   >:(

I suspect they will be back, since they now know there are no cameras to catch them.  If I lived near you, I'd stand watch with you tonight.  Hope you do get another camera system, or catch them.  Might want to check pawn shops in your area for the cameras, I believe they have to show an ID to sell anything to a pawn shop. 

Fuckers. 

bateman

I'm picturing the ATM machine meth heads from Breaking Bad here

b_dubb

If you turn into hobo with a shotgun I recommend filling that shotgun with salt and not buck shot or slugs.  Less lethal and I bet that shit would hurt. 

Heather Wade

Quote from: b_dubb on September 02, 2014, 06:34:59 PM
If you turn into hobo with a shotgun I recommend filling that shotgun with salt and not buck shot or slugs.  Less lethal and I bet that shit would hurt.

I like the way you think b_dubb.

albrecht

Quote from: b_dubb on September 02, 2014, 06:34:59 PM
It sounds good and works in old movies and television shows but in reality rocksalt- not so much. You can buy so-called "less-than-lethal" rounds, or use bird-shot, but all of those also are potentially lethal and so whatever potential legal problems you might face depending on your local laws.
These guys are awesome and "try out" various shooting urban legends etc:
http://www.theboxotruth.com/the-box-o-truth-33-rock-salt-in-a-shotgun/