• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

I hate you Premiere Radio ... and you too George

Started by jazmunda, August 30, 2014, 07:49:23 AM

jazmunda

The last redeeming quality of Premiere Radio Networks was that they were gracious enough to provide us Art Bell classic show collectors a source of acquiring classic shows that have been lost to time. There is no other way to get access to these gems. We have the mega torrent and we had Somewhere In Time. SIT was our last best source of collecting those lost classics and for the most part every show that aired was a "new" show that was not already out there. I would say that well over 90%, if not more, were shows that did not appear in any of the collections that have now been merged into the mega torrent.

In the past 6 weeks all that has changed. All the shows that have aired are not only shows that we already have but they are repeats of SIT episodes that have already aired. It is simply not possible that they have run out of shows in their back catalogue. Perhaps they are just giving us Art Bell fans the big finger. I guess it is too much work for them to cut down the 5 hour shows to fit the 4 hour timeslot. Perhaps their current on-air "talent" was upset that the quality of 15 to 20 year old shows were far superior to his own. Perhaps it is just easier and cheaper for them to start repeating them show they've already cut.

In any event they have taken away the only redeeming feature left from the halcyon days of Coast to Coast AM. If this trend continues and I don't see why it won't then there really is no reason anymore for anyone to have a streamlink, or whatever it is called these days, subscription anymore.

So fuck you Premiere and fuck you George Noory. You can never compete with the greatness of 20 year old Art Bell episodes even if the topics are Kosovo, OJ Simpson, Waco & Hale Bopp.

Long live Classic Art Bell Episodes.

albrecht

I was listening to an old interview with Keith Rowland by AB and he was talking on and on about some internet company that broadcast and archived the shows. I think based in Texas and did it via Real Media? What happened to that company and their archive I wonder. Keith made it seem that they had the rights to the show, though when questioned why the Hale Bob show "disappeared" Art or Keith said that they still sold tapes and it was available but the other company had a now infamous by the Obama IRS "hard drive failure." But I was curious considering it was an outside company and I don't think owned by PRN or CC but was broadcasting the show over the internet and then had so much traffic that they had some dedicated internet broadcast just for the show.

Foodlion

All premiere is now is a giant radio commercial. It's like George doesn't even mind going to 2 breaks before the show starts. That's the new norm for Coast to Coast. More quantity and less quality.

Quote from: Foodlion on August 30, 2014, 08:24:34 AM
All premiere is now is a giant radio commercial. It's like George doesn't even mind going to 2 breaks before the show starts. That's the new norm for Coast to Coast. More quantity and less quality.

Art fought for fewer commercials.  Art at least had the appearance of fighting for content.  George is a company man.  It's all about format and marketing.  Screw the content.  Gotta support those sponsors, no matter how fly-by-night they are. 

The guest is pausing for thought?  Ohhhh.. dead air.  It's not following the format.  Gotta ask a formulaic question that won't upset the listeners. 

The guest is really compelling but there's a slight imperceptible crackling in the line?  Ohhhh.. the sponsors and listeners won't like that.  Gotta drop the guest.  What was he talking about?  Who knows but he was a bad guest. 

The guest is about to make an earth-shatteringly important point?  George has no idea.  All he knows is it's time for to take a call and he's gotta stick to the schedule.

The bumper music is completely insensitive to the current topic?  Who cares.  It's music and it's familiar and unchallenging for the listeners.  A regular rotation makes for good radio.

Sorry, what was this thread about again?

wr250

Quote from: albrecht on August 30, 2014, 07:56:21 AM
I was listening to an old interview with Keith Rowland by AB and he was talking on and on about some internet company that broadcast and archived the shows. I think based in Texas and did it via Real Media? What happened to that company and their archive I wonder. Keith made it seem that they had the rights to the show, though when questioned why the Hale Bob show "disappeared" Art or Keith said that they still sold tapes and it was available but the other company had a now infamous by the Obama IRS "hard drive failure." But I was curious considering it was an outside company and I don't think owned by PRN or CC but was broadcasting the show over the internet and then had so much traffic that they had some dedicated internet broadcast just for the show.

that company was broadcast.com (before that they were audionet i think). they were bought out by yahoo and all the shows were made inaccessible or were deleted.i imagine that keith and/or art has all of those shows archived somewhere (Kieth was posting them on the art bell website until 2004), like any good webmaster (always have backups).

Foodlion

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on August 30, 2014, 12:00:33 PM
Art fought for fewer commercials.  Art at least had the appearance of fighting for content.  George is a company man.  It's all about format and marketing.  Screw the content.  Gotta support those sponsors, no matter how fly-by-night they are. 

The guest is pausing for thought?  Ohhhh.. dead air.  It's not following the format.  Gotta ask a formulaic question that won't upset the listeners. 

The guest is really compelling but there's a slight imperceptible crackling in the line?  Ohhhh.. the sponsors and listeners won't like that.  Gotta drop the guest.  What was he talking about?  Who knows but he was a bad guest. 

The guest is about to make an earth-shatteringly important point?  George has no idea.  All he knows is it's time for to take a call and he's gotta stick to the schedule.

The bumper music is completely insensitive to the current topic?  Who cares.  It's music and it's familiar and unchallenging for the listeners.  A regular rotation makes for good radio.

Sorry, what was this thread about again?

Agreed, Art not only fought for more air time, he was sometimes aggressive towards his guests. Even on Darkmatter he shut guests off if they were preforming like shit. 2015 cannot come fast enough. FREE ART NOW! oh wait... that was last years theme.

albrecht

Quote from: wr250 on August 30, 2014, 12:35:22 PM
that company was broadcast.com (before that they were audionet i think). they were bought out by yahoo and all the shows were made inaccessible or were deleted.i imagine that keith and/or art has all of those shows archived somewhere (Kieth was posting them on the art bell website until 2004), like any good webmaster (always have backups).
Yes, it was audionet that they were discussing. I wish Keith would open up his archives again! I wonder what happened to the audionet/broadcast.com shows. I can't imagine why Yahoo! would destroy such valuable property. I swear I heard a gal advertise on an old show say a tape copy of a show was $33, this back in the 90's! Were they really that expensive? I wonder how many tapes he sold. That sounds like a very high price indeed. Even for a classic show.

wr250

Quote from: albrecht on August 30, 2014, 03:07:50 PM
Yes, it was audionet that they were discussing. I wish Keith would open up his archives again! I wonder what happened to the audionet/broadcast.com shows. I can't imagine why Yahoo! would destroy such valuable property.
because premier told them to.

George Drooly

Quote from: wr250 on August 30, 2014, 12:35:22 PM
...Kieth... like any good webmaster (always have backups)

Well, there's your problem.

jazmunda

Quote from: albrecht on August 30, 2014, 03:07:50 PM
Yes, it was audionet that they were discussing. I wish Keith would open up his archives again! I wonder what happened to the audionet/broadcast.com shows. I can't imagine why Yahoo! would destroy such valuable property. I swear I heard a gal advertise on an old show say a tape copy of a show was $33, this back in the 90's! Were they really that expensive? I wonder how many tapes he sold. That sounds like a very high price indeed. Even for a classic show.

Keith can't open up the archives legally by selling them because he doesn't own the content. He couldn't even publicly give them away for free for the same reason. Leaking then as a torrent well that's a different kettle of fish. Come on Keith do us a solid.

albrecht

Quote from: jazmunda on August 30, 2014, 04:30:21 PM
Keith can't open up the archives legally by selling them because he doesn't own the content. He couldn't even publicly give them away for free for the same reason. Leaking then as a torrent well that's a different kettle of fish. Come on Keith do us a solid.
A leak would be excellent. The torrent world (or even wikileaks, cryptome, etc) doesn't know, or care, who released the treasure trove. Keith, come on! Save us from Norry.

Quote from: albrecht on August 30, 2014, 04:32:25 PM
A leak would be excellent. The torrent world (or even wikileaks, cryptome, etc) doesn't know, or care, who released the treasure trove. Keith, come on! Save us from Norry.

I wonder If he even still has them.

Quote from: jazmunda on August 30, 2014, 07:49:23 AM
The last redeeming quality of Premiere Radio Networks was that they were gracious enough to provide us Art Bell classic show collectors a source of acquiring classic shows that have been lost to time. There is no other way to get access to these gems...

In the past 6 weeks all that has changed. All the shows that have aired are not only shows that we already have but they are repeats of SIT episodes that have already aired...

I wonder if someone at PremRat found out here that they were 'new' shows and decided to spite us

wr250

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 30, 2014, 04:50:52 PM
I wonder if someone at PremRat found out here that they were 'new' shows and decided to spite us
i blame lisa lyon

Morgus

Maybe El Norro probably heard the never-before-replayed SIT shows were getting higher ratings on weekends, and he won't allow that, just like when he heard John B Wells was getting higher ratings on the weekends?  8)

Quote from: Morgus on August 30, 2014, 05:12:35 PM
Maybe El Norro probably heard the never-before-replayed SIT shows were getting higher ratings on weekends, and he won't allow that, just like when he heard John B Wells was getting higher ratings on the weekends?  8)

This is most likely explanation. Bell' 15 yearold shows are better.

There has to be someway to get our hands on the archieve.

jazmunda

Is it too self important or even narcissistic of us to think that "they" were paying attention to little old us when we mockingly praise them for giving Art Bell fans, the very fans that spit in their faces, the goose that lay the golden egg and then as a form of petty retribution they snatch it out of our greedy little hands?

BobGrau

It's ridiculous that they have a product people are willing to pay for and they won't release it. Bad capitalism.

Quote from: BobGrau on August 31, 2014, 12:56:54 AM
It's ridiculous that they have a product people are willing to pay for and they won't release it. Bad capitalism.

Bingo I'd sign up for streamlink if they'd upload atlrt shows.

wr250

Quote from: nooryisawesome on August 31, 2014, 02:12:09 AM
Bingo I'd sign up for streamlink if they'd upload atlrt shows.

well you cant directly download them, but you can record them as they are playing...

scottydawg

Well you can record the shows right off the air if you have a C.Crane CC Witness Plus radio. It records it as aMp3 or WAV file to either the on board storage, or onto a SD card.

Quote from: jazmunda on August 30, 2014, 09:08:28 PM
Is it too self important or even narcissistic of us to think that... as a form of petty retribution they snatch it out of our greedy little hands?

No

jazmunda

Another SIT repeat this coming weekend. I still hate you Premiere and you too George.

This is your champion Premiere and your boss Coast to Coast interns.

http://youtu.be/yPrUoUEvs6g

http://youtu.be/Qtg9hIh--Kg

StabWound

I fear that the cold reality is that Premiere Networks regards C2C as little more than lucrative 'filler' and as long as ad sales and syndication demand remain in the black, I doubt there is much desire on the part of management to 'mess with success'  in an industry that is crumbling through their fingers. 
  Mr. Bell was a visionary and upon his talent all this was built; and the truest testament to the mans greatness that even Jorch hasnt been able to ruin it.  When I think of Art Bell, the comparison to the Epic Verse 'Ozymandias' by Shelley is evoked;
  A great monument, although toppled, remains defiant despite the endless destruction wrought by the desert sand, sand which is Noory-like in its erosion of good and evil alike.  Heat and miasma abound, like the spray of pizza roll detritus being shook from a moustache of destiny, and yet through this a placard etched with Art Bells words remains, and echo through time;
"Look upon my works, Ye Noory, and tremble"

jazmunda

Quote from: Bart Ell on September 07, 2014, 01:57:23 PM
OP killed Dark Matter

That is slanderous Bart. I will see you in court.

This weeks SIT is another repeat of a previous SIT.

6-10pm PT: Art Bell - Somewhere in Time returns to 10/16/02 when Dr. Paul Mayewski spoke about the nature of climate change, based on looking deep into the ice of the Arctic.

Assholes.

Sundowner

Are they still SIT repeats? I'm sure it takes time to do the editing and all that, maybe not much. I'd love to add more art bell shows to the collection.

nextgen.fm

The nighthawk shall turn into the phoenix and rise from the dung heap.

wr250

Quote from: Sundowner on October 05, 2014, 11:13:51 PM
Are they still SIT repeats? I'm sure it takes time to do the editing and all that, maybe not much. I'd love to add more art bell shows to the collection.

they probably downloaded the ultimate art bell torrent, and are playing repeats from there now, out of spite.
however any art is better than no art.

laserjock

Joorch must be giving head to the execs at Premier.