• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Hosts no longer thanking Art at end of C2C

Started by From the High Desert..., August 28, 2014, 11:11:23 AM

I don't listen to C2C much these days (and only when "pizzarolls" aka Jorge/Jorch) is not on; I like some of the weekend hosts), but I happened to catch the end of a couple of shows lately. Usually, the host thanks a list of people, the last one being Art. But, on at least 2 occasions, once with pizzarolls and once with another host, Art was not even mentioned. Anyone else notice this?

Morgus

I don't recall the newer guest hosts ever thanking Art at the end of their shows, they thank Noory since they think he is in charge now apparently?
Noory is the only one who includes Art Bell in his list at the end of each show since there was a big uproar in the past when he stopped doing that...

It's an insult to mention the man's name let alone thank him for what the show has become.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Morgus on August 28, 2014, 03:32:08 PM
I don't recall the newer guest hosts ever thanking Art at the end of their shows, they thank Noory since they think he is in charge now apparently?
Noory is the only one who includes Art Bell in his list at the end of each show since there was a big uproar in the past when he stopped doing that...
I would thank Noory is he would leave.

Morgus, you are the Voice of Record when it comes to Coast; am I wrong to be underwhelmed by some of these newer guest hosts or am I just spoiled by Art, Ian, Knapp, and, God help me, even JBW?

ksm32

Every time you post in BG YOU are thanking Art ;D

nextgen.fm

i heard GORGE thank him the other night a few nights ago

but he may not have thanked him a couple times while dark matters was on because of spats with guests

ksm32

Quote from: nextgen.fm on August 30, 2014, 12:47:54 AM
i heard GORGE thank him the other night a few nights ago

but he may not have thanked him a couple times while dark matters was on because of spats with guests

I think you're right. About two weeks ago I DID hear George thank ART!  I almost fell out of my chair, but I did hear it.

The consensus has been that George thanks Art because he knows Art doesn't want him to.

zeebo

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on August 28, 2014, 03:53:27 PM
It's an insult to mention the man's name let alone thank him for what the show has become.

I was just gonna say the same thing.  In a way they should of course, but it really is unfair now to tie him to the Nooryized blob that's left. 

dan7800

The bigger question is how you make it through an entire show listening to GN? I cannot make it through 5 minutes

Scorch

Quote from: dan7800 on August 31, 2014, 06:00:31 PM
The bigger question is how you make it through an entire show listening to GN? I cannot make it through 5 minutes

I did not think there was that much content.   I thought it was all peddling snake oil.  Somehow it was more fun when art did it.  Still snake oil though.

Quote from: ksm32 on August 30, 2014, 11:39:37 PM
I think you're right. About two weeks ago I DID hear George thank ART!  I almost fell out of my chair, but I did hear it.
A week or two I accidentally heard the end of C2C with Noory, and he did thank Art.