• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

9 year old + Uzi = dead man

Started by RealCool Daddio, August 26, 2014, 06:16:11 PM

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on August 26, 2014, 06:19:02 PM
Sounds like maybe he wasn't such a good instructor.
Depends on POV.  He did successfully teach a 9 year old how to kill with an Uzi on her first lesson.

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on August 26, 2014, 06:26:51 PM
Depends on POV.  He did successfully teach a 9 year old how to kill with an Uzi on her first lesson.

Good point!

b_dubb

One less dumb ass in the world.  I call that progress.  Too bad it came at the cost of a young girl's sanity.  I hope she understands it wasn't her fault an adult gave her an assault weapon.  I wouldn't feel safe firing a weapon like that.

Foodlion

Just a few years ago a kid was also killed by an UZI at a gun show. Or should I say he killed himself with the UZI.

popple

My dad trusted me with a gun (revolver) at about that age too. First shot I took I ruined my neighbors new siding and kitchen cabinet. Ooooops! Might have been a good idea to tell me where I should point it before he told me how to cock the hammer and pull the trigger lol Good thing no one was home at the time  ;D

albrecht

Quote from: popple on August 26, 2014, 08:31:25 PM
My dad trusted me with a gun (revolver) at about that age too. First shot I took I ruined my neighbors new siding and kitchen cabinet. Ooooops! Might have been a good idea to tell me where I should point it before he told me how to cock the hammer and pull the trigger lol Good thing no one was home at the time  ;D
Call me crazy. But even as a big 2nd Amendment guy I say at this age why not a single-shot .22 (learn how to aim and it is cheaper) or a .410? An UZI? No thanks. And no pistols or revolvers (too easy to move around and shoot something by mistake.) Long barrel, single shot .22 and .410 can teach you about guns and also about the two types of aiming and motion.

WhiteCrow

Perfect Storm .... It happen at a place outside of "Vegas" named "Bullets and Burgers" and the 9 year old girl" was from "New Jersey" 

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: WhiteCrow on August 26, 2014, 11:53:55 PM
Perfect Storm .... It happen at a place outside of "Vegas" named "Bullets and Burgers" and the 9 year old girl" was from "New Jersey"

Names of establishments and geographic locations make a difference? I'm old fashioned on things like this, but see absolutely no justification whatsoever for a child (or even a civilian) being allowed near a sub machine gun that is loaded. Still, whilst there's ebola it takes the heat off accidental (and not so accidental) shootings.

Yorkshire pud

The bloke who runs the place was heard on the radio saying he didn't understand how it happened. Yeah? A 17 year old gets in a Ferrari and wraps it around a tree, that's a strange thing to happen too! Giving a toddler a box of matches to play with might end badly too. Yet he doesn't understand why giving a 9 year old a sub machine gun went wrong?

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 27, 2014, 06:59:43 AM
The bloke who runs the place was heard on the radio saying he didn't understand how it happened. Yeah? A 17 year old gets in a Ferrari and wraps it around a tree, that's a strange thing to happen too! Giving a toddler a box of matches to play with might end badly too. Yet he doesn't understand why giving a 9 year old a sub machine gun went wrong?

She could have killed herself just as easily.  It is a prevailing low cultural mind-set that cannot discern what is wrong with giving a 9 year old a loaded machine gun. 

b_dubb

Quote from: albrecht on August 26, 2014, 08:58:54 PM
Call me crazy. But even as a big 2nd Amendment guy I say at this age why not a single-shot .22 (learn how to aim and it is cheaper) or a .410? An UZI? No thanks. And no pistols or revolvers (too easy to move around and shoot something by mistake.) Long barrel, single shot .22 and .410 can teach you about guns and also about the two types of aiming and motion.
The voice of reason

Quick Karl

I know a liberal that let her 9-yr old drive her car and the kid ran over an old woman and killed her -- I wrote my Representatives and demanded that liberals not be allowed to have kids until they pass a psychological exam, and if they fail they should be sterilized.

Bart Ell

I hope she said BRAP when she fired or else she will lose all cred with the kids.

VtaGeezer

Small price to pay for liberty...along with the other eighty-five people whom stats say were shot to death in America yesterday; as everyday.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Quick Karl on August 27, 2014, 09:12:17 AM
I know a liberal that let her 9-yr old drive her car and the kid ran over an old woman and killed her -- I wrote my Representatives and demanded that liberals not be allowed to have kids until they pass a psychological exam, and if they fail they should be sterilized.

We both know you didn't. So why lie?

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 27, 2014, 06:59:43 AM
He's representative of our how truly delusional the American gun culture has become in recent years. In his mind, teaching the child to fire a sub-machine gun is like teaching her first aid.

onan

Quote from: VtaGeezer on August 27, 2014, 10:44:20 AM
He's representative of our how truly delusional the American gun culture has become in recent years. In his mind, teaching the child to fire a sub-machine gun is like teaching her first aid.

Certainly a number of gun users are less than responsible. But the vast majority are beyond responsible. To suggest that gun culture is delusional is an easy thing to say, but it isn't the truth. Gun deaths are always going to make the headline. I wonder why deaths by alcohol related auto accidents don't garner as much fanfare.

Yes Gun deaths are tragic, no one has ever been injured by any of my firearms. I can say that about the 25 or so people I shoot with on a regular basis.

There is no rational basis to let a 9 year old have access to an automatic weapon. Because that person is an idiot and owns a gun, doesn't mean I shouldn't be grouped in with him.

paladin1991

Quote from: onan on August 27, 2014, 11:07:22 AM
Certainly a number of gun users are less than responsible. But the vast majority are beyond responsible. To suggest that gun culture is delusional is an easy thing to say, but it isn't the truth. Gun deaths are always going to make the headline. I wonder why deaths by alcohol related auto accidents don't garner as much fanfare.

Yes Gun deaths are tragic, no one has ever been injured by any of my firearms. I can say that about the 25 or so people I shoot with on a regular basis.

There is no rational basis to let a 9 year old have access to an automatic weapon. Because that person is an idiot and owns a gun, doesn't mean I shouldn't be grouped in with him.
Dammit Onan!  Stop being rational.  This calls for hipshooting and backshooting of opinions.  Next rational response you make....I'm reporting you.  (you will still have the double plus negative rating in my mental notebook, just so you know.)

Gd5150

How idiotic. My grandpa taught us how to properly fire guns at 6...using a piece of crap Daisy BB gun. Holding anything bigger didn't happen. If that thing were pointed anywhere but the target or sky your ass would've been beat. Even 6 year olds understand that. A 9 year old with an UZI, idiots.

Fake race riots. Idiot gun stories. Must be an election coming.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: onan on August 27, 2014, 11:07:22 AM

Because that person is an idiot and owns a gun, doesn't mean I shouldn't be grouped in with him.
Anyone who's regularly been to a public range over the years has seen the gun culture shift pretty significantly from one of serious marksmanship for competition or hunting to prepping for the apocalypse with military style guns of all sorts, and simply shooting heavy calibers for a rush. The idea of pay-to-shoot machine guns as an amusement suitable for even for little kids is just another manifestation of the slippage from firearms competence (where the NRA was until the 70s) to promotion of guns with paranoia or for acting out fantasies. Sure, most gun owners are responsible, but they're also passive or apathetic toward the NRA using their numbers to perpetually push state lawmakers for lower and lower thresholds of acceptable gun use...like pay-per-thrill live ammo machine guns.

VtaGeezer

I'm curious whether the girl's parents were tourists from nearby Vegas giving their little princess, who's now going to be fucked up for life, a thrill.

We've become such a stupid lazy glutinous society.  Living for entertainment and the next gadget to come out.  Sometimes I wonder if we should have guns, or if we will remain free.

Quick Karl

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 27, 2014, 12:49:17 PM
We've become such a stupid lazy glutinous society.  Living for entertainment and the next gadget to come out.  Sometimes I wonder if we should have guns, or if we will remain free.

True this - our society has become infected.

C2

An Uzi-styled paintball gun would have been so much funnier.

b_dubb

Calling this remark petty does a great disservice to the word "petty". I'm shocked you took the time to write this. Also I'm a little sad for you. Just a teeny tiny bit.

Quick Karl

Quote from: b_dubb on August 27, 2014, 04:05:28 PM
Calling this remark petty does a great disservice to the word "petty". I'm shocked you took the time to write this. Also I'm a little sad for you. Just a teeny tiny bit.

Accidents happen, and the stupid get killed, and children have been enduring the burden of asshole adults for generations - life will go on. Stop using the tragedy as a political soap box to promote a narrow-minded personal antagonistic agenda.

b_dubb

I do believe Quick Karl is on the verge of a breakdown. Seek help immediately.

WOTR

...I wrote my Representatives and demanded that liberals not be allowed to have kids until they pass a psychological exam, and if they fail they should be sterilized.
Your representatives must love hearing from you.  I still have some letters stashed away that came from somebody that held similar views and wrote them in a serious tone.  They made my day every time they came in and I started photocopying them so I could smile in the future.  I suppose with all of the privacy stuff there is now I should probably not have them- but they reside in a drawer of fond memories preserved for the future...