• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

If you were a tyrant, what would you ban?

Started by zeebo, August 22, 2014, 12:55:55 AM

Quote from: wr250 on August 26, 2014, 05:10:39 PM
which was the point: copyrights should always stay with the creator, or their heirs (meaning a real person, designated in a will, not some soul less corp that exists only to make money at all costs) .

I agree with your point, just not your assertion about the payment of royalties.  Why do you think Willie Dixon and others went after Led Zeppelin for payment for the songs of his they stole, just to cite one instance?

I do not know if GM cars still have them but that  square-ish ring thing on the bottom side of the trunk latch that sticks up about 2 inches  above the lower lip of the trunk that sometimes you might get a bag of potting soil ,fertilizer or cement snagged on as a tyrant  I would make GM recall those.

Quote from: Unquenchable Angst on August 26, 2014, 09:35:41 PM
I do not know if GM cars still have them but that  square-ish ring thing on the bottom side of the trunk latch that sticks up about 2 inches  above the lower lip of the trunk that sometimes you might get a bag of potting soil ,fertilizer or cement snagged on as a tyrant  I would make GM recall those.

Interesting little fact:  GM has already recalled all the cars they've ever made and replaced everything except for that squarish ring thing on the bottom side of the trunk latch that sticks up about two inches above the lower lip of the trunk.  Justification:  It would have cost 37 cents for parts and labour, plus without that they might as well just have given everyone a new car.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: yumyumtree on August 22, 2014, 09:45:58 PM

Also those pegs and discs and things guys put in their earlobes.

i'm sure those smell great in addition to looking wonderful.

ShayP

I'd ban the 90's, hipsters, vegans, drug commercials, "millennial's", and tofu.

....oh yeah, and my ex-wife.  :P

Quote from: zeebo on August 22, 2014, 06:08:48 PM
everyone's middle name must now be "Maurice".

Do we also have to speak of the pompitous of love?

zeebo

Cell phones in bookstores/libraries.  Example to follow.

Ring.Ring.

"Hello?"

"Oh, Hi Ted!  How's it going?  No, I'm not busy, just hanging out here at the library.  Yeah it's cool, man!  Lots of great books here, people studying, readin' books.  It's great, you should come check it out."

Pause.

"What?  Oh ok I'll speak up a bit louder, sorry.  SO HOW'S AUNT EDNA DOING THESE DAYS??"

[ENTER ZEEBO BAN SQUAD WHICH ISSUES IMMEDIATE DISCIPLINARY ACTION.]

pate

Why, this is an easy question...  Not sure about the extended treatises (sp) on the subject.

#1 Communists
#2 People that don't vote for me

yumyumtree

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on August 26, 2014, 03:22:05 PM
You would simply LOVE the Critical Massholes that literally take over streets in San Francisco once per month.  Every time I see them, I wonder...why is there never a suicide bomber around when you need one?
They do it the last Fri. of every month in Seattle.

But after the Jewish Federation shooting in 2006, which happened to be on one of those days, the police politely asked for their cooperation, and they were decent enough to give it.

Avi

Pretense, and all the dick-waving, pissing-contest nonsense that goes with it. The motto on my throne would be, "Get Real!"

Kelt

Quote from: pate on September 01, 2014, 04:28:13 AM
Why, this is an easy question...  Not sure about the extended treatises (sp) on the subject.

#1 Communists
#2 People that don't vote for me

Why Communists?

zeebo

Quote from: Kelt on September 12, 2014, 04:10:58 PM
Why Communists?

Good point, lots of tyrants have no problem with communists, as long as they understand all that class struggle / means of production / all-in-this-together mumbo jumbo only applies to the non-tyrant population.  :)

zeebo

Turducken.  Every year around the holidays I have have to hear about this.  It's sick and wrong in any season.

I think it was a joke based on the misconception that communism = authoritarian governance.

Catsmile

Quote from: zeebo on September 12, 2014, 10:03:59 PM
Turducken.  Every year around the holidays I have have to hear about this.  It's sick and wrong in any season.

Just be glad it's not Squirducken!  :o

Actually, I thought the concept was OK....Until I saw a picture of one.  Ohhhh, no, no, no.
(What did I do with that pukey-facey thing?)    :P

wr250

Turbacon episode. Epic Meal time
A quail in a  Cornish hen In a duck in a chicken in a turkey in a pig . Or some such thing.

zeebo

Quote from: wr250 on September 13, 2014, 02:06:44 PM
...A quail in a  Cornish hen In a duck in a chicken in a turkey in a pig .

What goes in the quail, a marshmallow Peep? 

yumyumtree

Actually people who deep-fry their turkeys scare me a lot more than turducken.  But I will probably get slammed now, because it's mostly men on this forum, and the practice seems to be favored by males.

Kelt

One day they'll genetically engineer a turkey that tastes of bacon and beer, and give you the same hit as half a dozen disco biscuits.

SCIENCE!

Nick el Ass

Candy Corn, strawberry Pop-Tarts, and and George Noory would be forbidden to ever broadcast again... or use a phone. That way no one could interview him either.

Quote from: yumyumtree on September 17, 2014, 06:54:25 PM
Actually people who deep-fry their turkeys scare me a lot more than turducken.  But I will probably get slammed now, because it's mostly men on this forum, and the practice seems to be favored by males.

I wouldn't dream of it.  If you're going to do that you might as well deep fry your arteries and be done with it.

eyenoeyeno

Cats inside homes would swiftly become illegal.  All cats must now stay outside. Period.
I don't give a shit what you think about it cause I'm a tyrant.

Filtered cigarettes

Cross fit

And crazy bitch neighbors with multiple personalities. 

Oh and star-mutherfuckin-bucks. No more starbucks.  Ever.

Quote from: yumyumtree on September 17, 2014, 06:54:25 PM

Hahahaha.  I live in the land of sidearms and turkey fryers. 
I've learned to avoid the guys with a limp or no eyebrows.  It's worked out pretty well, so far.
;)

In all fairness, I've tried deep-fried turkey.  We did NOT throw a wet bird into a boiling vat of oil.  It was really quite tasty. 
:P