• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The reason why Robin Williams killed himself

Started by DigitalPigSnuggler, August 14, 2014, 01:48:36 PM

Quick Karl

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 19, 2014, 11:36:54 PM
Na na na na na..and you're allowed a firearm with your mental issues? How did you slip through the net?

The thing is, you are NOT allowed a firearm - so what does that say about what your government thinks about you? I had to go through an FBI background check to get my concealed weapon license - I wonder why your government doesn't trust you?

I should add, I think they are right to do so.

Quote from: Quick Karl on August 20, 2014, 01:55:04 PM
The thing is, you are NOT allowed a firearm - so what does that say about what your government thinks about you? I had to go through an FBI background check to get my concealed weapon license - I wonder why your government doesn't trust you?

Another use for Vaseline is to maintain dewy skin.  One of Marilyn Monroe's beauty secrets was to apply a layer of Vaseline before putting on foundation. This is what gave her that dewy, glowing look and it helped to keep her skin from drying out.  Try it sometime, Pig-Anus, you might like it!

Quick Karl

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on August 20, 2014, 02:14:39 PM
Another use for Vaseline is to maintain dewy skin.  One of Marilyn Monroe's beauty secrets was to apply a layer of Vaseline before putting on foundation. This is what gave her that dewy, glowing look and it helped to keep her skin from drying out.  Try it sometime, Pig-Anus, you might like it!

How is it you are an expert on women's make-up secrets?...

Quote from: Quick Karl on August 20, 2014, 08:28:25 PM
How is it you are an expert on women's make-up secrets?...

Because I spend a lot of time around adult women.

Care to share some of your Boy Scout secrets?

analog kid

You don't know the history of psychiatry. I do.
Don't be so glib.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Quick Karl on August 20, 2014, 01:55:04 PM

I should add, I think they are right to do so.

You see once again you get your facts wrong. I am allowed a rifle or shotgun and a license to own one if I can demonstratre a reason to have one. E.g. farmer. I too would need to go through a background check. But I couldn't just wander into a shop show my driving license and buy one. In the same way I can't use a driving license to be qualified to fly an airliner.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 21, 2014, 11:40:41 PM
You see once again you get your facts wrong. I am allowed a rifle or shotgun and a license to own one if I can demonstratre a reason to have one. E.g. farmer. I too would need to go through a background check. But I couldn't just wander into a shop show my driving license and buy one. In the same way I can't use a driving license to be qualified to fly an airliner.

Quick question (get it?) -- If Karl walked into a gun shop there with a chicken permanently affixed to his pecker, could he obtain a firearm?

NowhereInTime

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on August 22, 2014, 01:23:24 AM
Quick question (get it?) -- If Karl walked into a gun shop there with a chicken permanently affixed to his pecker, could he obtain a firearm?
In Alabama, Arkansas, Mississippi, and the Florida panhandle, yes.
It's actually a requirement in Alabama.

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 21, 2014, 11:40:41 PM
But yours is the same country who often charge and even imprison homeowners or farmers who try to defend themselves against criminals. Even when they don't use a gun some poor man gets years for defending his family and injuring, or killing, the poor robber! And you don't even need to deal with an open-border with a narco-state and maybe sometimes many minutes, or hour, before police could arrive on your property due to rural locations and the drain on the police due to the immigrant flood (though you do have a immigration problem I admit and with lots of bad sorts.)

albrecht

Quote from: NowhereInTime on August 22, 2014, 11:10:41 AM
In Alabama, Arkansas, Mississippi, and the Florida panhandle, yes.
It's actually a requirement in Alabama.
is it a hen or a cock? There might be issues if it is a "same sex" arrangement.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: albrecht on August 22, 2014, 12:12:26 PM
is it a hen or a cock? There might be issues if it is a "same sex" arrangement.
;D

pate

Wow, I had to go back to the beginning of this thread to figure out where it all started...

I glibly said "because no-one was laughing" or somesuch...

Now I assume it is because some guy on the intartubes didn't like his politics or something...

Who cares what his politics were?  He was funny.  He decided he was done.  He made the decision, & he didn't ask Doc Kevorikian to make that final choice.  He went out the way he wanted and that's it.  End analysis.

I think his body of work is somehow corrupt because my religion forbids suicide?  Tell that to ISIS or ISIL, at least he had the choice and made it.

Spare me your tears, I know that Robin Williams is spared yours, you know why?  He isn't alive to see/hear/touch them anymore...

Nano00, Nano00

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on August 22, 2014, 11:28:03 AM
But yours is the same country who often charge and even imprison homeowners or farmers who try to defend themselves against criminals. Even when they don't use a gun some poor man gets years for defending his family and injuring, or killing, the poor robber!

It used to be the case that such things happen; but not so much now. It's how the letter of the law was written (see the shortcomings of ancient laws?) so how it was charged and prosecuted. It's since been changed to put less burden on the homeowner. If a burglar surrenders to the home owner and the homeowner still kills him, the homeowner can still be charged with unlawful killing; but the prosecution would need to prove the burglar had surrendered. Unofficial police advice (I was told) was to beat the crap of the crims legs, body and arms, that way he could have 'fallen over' as he was escaping.

And you don't even need to deal with an open-border with a narco-state and maybe sometimes many minutes, or hour, before police could arrive on your property due to rural locations and the drain on the police due to the immigrant flood (though you do have a immigration problem I admit and with lots of bad sorts.)

Narcotics are only coming into the country because they'res a market. Nothing more. If people didn't buy them, they wouldn't come in.

pate

I need to drink another beer to properly reply to this whole she-bang...

And since I haven't found a good place to put this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvMYHbN5baw