• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Just another reason why the USA is doomed

Started by FightTheFuture, August 11, 2014, 09:15:09 AM

NowhereInTime

Quote from: AZ/CO on August 19, 2014, 10:35:08 PM
I have to say I'm getting tired of the moniker "unarmed black teenager shot by white police officer".  If that big black guy came towards me in any way and entered my personal space long enough and strong enough to bust open my eye socket, I wouldn't care what color I was, I would just be grateful I had a gun so as to defend myself.
I have to say I am getting tired of cops shooting unarmed people, I don't care how big they are.  Cops are armed with mace, stun guns, batons, and other non-lethal methods to detain and apprehend suspects.  Not to mention most departments now train officers on hand-to-hand ( Krav Maga, developed by the IDF, is most effective for takedowns and quick submission).
Why is the side arm the immediate choice?  Why shoot unarmed people, no matter how "big" and "black" they are?

albrecht

Quote from: NowhereInTime on August 20, 2014, 09:44:29 AM
I have to say I am getting tired of cops shooting unarmed people, I don't care how big they are.  Cops are armed with mace, stun guns, batons, and other non-lethal methods to detain and apprehend suspects.  Not to mention most departments now train officers on hand-to-hand ( Krav Maga, developed by the IDF, is most effective for takedowns and quick submission).
Why is the side arm the immediate choice?  Why shoot unarmed people, no matter how "big" and "black" they are?
I was wondering that myself. How did this "gentle giant" get so close to the officer (close enough to apparently damage his eye-socket) without the officer using pepper-spray, taser, billy club, stun-gun, etc? (I don't know what that department issues to their officers but they must have at least a few non-lethal options given to them.) Even the video showing the "gentle giant" getting his cigarillo fix via a "five-finger discount" it looks like he is a big boy, certainly intimidating and dangerous, but not such a fast mover.

AZ/CO

Since I am not a cop, I don't know why a firearm instead of any other kind of submission; training is my first assumption, but you raise a good point re-garding the other shows of force the officer may have had at his disposable.  We don't have all the facts in this particular case, but I did read that the 'gentle giant' went for the officer's gun and thus that is the weapon in play. 

My point was that unarmed big men (6'4") can kill - white, black, whatever.

If you are not taught as a child to respect the police and have the attitude that all police are bullies and that they are out to get you then how will the cycle be broken?  You can't be a productive member of a community by doing whatever you want - stealing, pushing store clerks around, not being respectful if a police officer stops you so as to escalate a situation (which is my assumption of what happened in this case).

I'm not pro-gun either.  I've never held a gun let alone fired one.  If you (not You) own one, I would just appreciate that you have respect for the damage a gun can cause. 

I wonder who might have some answers to break the current cycle of (mostly) black male youths vs. police?  If nothing changes, some communities just may be doomed in my lifetime...

Quote from: AZ/CO on August 20, 2014, 05:15:33 PM
... I don't know why a firearm instead of any other kind of submission...

Because that's what works best.  There is no reason to put a cop - or oneself - in jeopardy so that the damage to an attacker might be minimized.  Sure they should have and use stun guns, but they need to have the real thing available if that's what the situation calls for.

I'm not a big fan of the police, but I despise violent criminals.  As far as I'm concerned, people out looking for trouble deserve what they get.

SciFiAuthor

I wonder about that as well. I suppose it might be a matter of reaction time; the kneejerk reaction or the training (or both) would be to pull the gun and use deadly force. I suspect better training to use the non-lethals is in order.

I can tell you one thing, the police in Ferguson are holding back big time now that they're being watched so carefully. The violent protesters a few nights ago where firing live rounds into the police line and the cops were only returning tear gas and rubber bullets. They seem to be able to show restraint when they want to.

The officer has the right to employ deadly force if he reasonably believes there is imminent threat of death or great bodily harm. Police officers are under no silly mandate to use equal resistance or force to counter a threat.

Sadly, this kid was a thug. Live a thug's life; die a thug's death.

Quick Karl

Quote from: FightTheFuture on August 21, 2014, 05:04:08 AM

The officer has the right to employ deadly force if he reasonably believes there is imminent threat of death or great bodily harm. Police officers are under no silly mandate to use equal resistance or force to counter a threat.

Sadly, this kid was a thug. Live a thug's life; die a thug's death.

Without knowing all the facts (as if anyone actually does) there is NO justification for ANYONE to attack any cop, period. IF that thug (his own photos speak to that) went for the cops gun to the point that it fired in the cruiser, and then after being ordered to stop, instead charged the officer - bang, dead, sweep him into the sewer where he belongs - and I wouldn't give two fucks what color he was.

For the liberals that knee-jerk-react to EVERY news article with monotonous predictability - may you break down in a seedy neighborhood at 2:00 AM -  but, don't call the cops lest some innocent thug be killed...

No, really, may it happen to you.

albrecht

Quote from: nooryisawesome on August 21, 2014, 01:58:57 AM
here is a pic of the Gentle Giant.

This photo certainly explains that shrine to the "gentle giant", the incident over the cigarillos, and his interaction with the police that lead to the "gentle giant's" death. My fear is with people like Holder now in charge, who already has apparently publicly stated "it's not the law, it's personal" is that this poor policeman attacked by the "gentle giant" will be a scapegoat to try to bring down tensions. And the whole department might even face something in a personal, politically-correct vendetta by Holder.

Quote from: nooryisawesome on August 21, 2014, 01:58:57 AM
here is a pic of the Gentle Giant.

Where`s that evil, slimy, SOB, Al Sharpton? What`s he have to say about the "gentle giant", now? SCUM....that`s all they are. The sooner the world is without them, the better.

Quick Karl

My ancestors were slaves and someone called me a name so I can wreak havoc and mayhem AS FUCKING PAYBACK YOU MOTHER FUCKERS!

Regardless of a person's color or the history of their adopted culture - that fucking pussy mentality is disgusting and is the tactic of losers.

Racism lives today only because liberals and liberalism perpetuates it.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Quick Karl on August 21, 2014, 09:04:08 AM
My ancestors were slaves and someone called me a name so I can wreak havoc and mayhem AS FUCKING PAYBACK YOU MOTHER FUCKERS!

Regardless of a person's color or the history of their adopted culture - that fucking pussy mentality is disgusting and is the tactic of losers.

Idiot.

Zoo

Quote from: Quick Karl on August 21, 2014, 09:04:08 AM

You have no clue how it is to be a man of dark skin do you? "Racism lives today only because liberals and liberalism perpetuates it." No it is because people are racist, someone taught their child or a small minded person to judge someone simply because they are different. Racism is nothing but ignorance!!1   

Quote from: FightTheFuture on August 21, 2014, 08:57:10 AM

Where`s that evil, slimy, SOB, Al Sharpton? What`s he have to say about the "gentle giant", now? SCUM....that`s all they are. The sooner the world is without them, the better.
Wow.  That's some hardcore, old school racism right there. 

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Zoo on August 21, 2014, 09:04:25 PM
You have no clue how it is to be a man of dark skin do you? "Racism lives today only because liberals and liberalism perpetuates it." No it is because people are racist, someone taught their child or a small minded person to judge someone simply because they are different. Racism is nothing but ignorance!!1

Are they really? I mean, your politics might want you to conclude that (white) people are fundamentally racist, but I don't see it. I see people making money off it, and I see liberal white people concocting some ridiculous guilt for themselves for political reasons and handing over the cash, but the simple fact is that racism has been on the decline for decades and most of those black people in Ferguson did not need professional civil rights activists agitating everything to create violence at night (only 7 of the 163 violent offender arrests were people from Ferguson as of yesterday) . The black people of that city are fucking scared shitless and hiding in their apartments more afraid of the protestors than their police force.

One of these days we're going to have to give up on these stupid fucking media-driven liberal illusions that it's still 1962. It's not. Most people are fair-minded and everyone gets along on a day-to-day basis. Inflating the remaining small race issues into gigantic affairs isn't doing anyone any good. It's inhibiting the end of racism. How liberals can't see that is beyond me. 

Quick Karl

The most racist people in this country are liberals - especially when it comes to the black community in America.

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 22, 2014, 12:58:18 AM
... Inflating the remaining small race issues into gigantic affairs isn't doing anyone any good...

Sure it is.

It's keeping 'Progressive' Democrats elected, and it's keeping the demand for an ever bigger government alive.

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 22, 2014, 12:58:18 AM
... How liberals can't see that is beyond me.

The 'leaders' get it.  They are the ones perpetuating it and benefiting from it.  And no doubt laughing at their followers.  The swooners aren't ever going to get any of it - they believe what the Media and their Party leaders pump out, and they think they are the good people for going along with the Big Government handout programs.  It's become their religion.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 22, 2014, 01:33:20 AM
Sure it is.

It's keeping 'Progressive' Democrats elected, and it's keeping the demand for an ever bigger government alive.

The 'leaders' get it.  They are the ones perpetuating it and benefiting from it.  And no doubt laughing at their followers.  The swooners aren't ever going to get any of it - they believe what the Media and their Party leaders pump out, and they think they are the good people for going along with the Big Government handout programs.  It's become their religion.
This whole self deluding fantasy about how you are really the altruistic set and the dirty hippie libs are the real racists may help you sleep at night, but no one with a soul buys it.

Quick Karl

Quote from: NowhereInTime on August 22, 2014, 10:38:20 AM
Projecting again, huh?

(See how stupid that looks?)

When you do it, yes - but we all know that is self-evident.

Quote from: NowhereInTime on August 22, 2014, 10:39:49 AM
This whole self deluding fantasy about how you are really the altruistic set and the dirty hippie libs are the real racists may help you sleep at night, but no one with a soul buys it.

Shouldn't you be in Ferguson, stirring things up?

Why don't you just face the fact that the Democrats - since the days of slavery, up through Segregation, and up to today - are the Party of Race, and the Party that uses race however it can to advance itself. 

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Quick Karl on August 22, 2014, 11:28:56 AM
When you do it, yes - but we all know that is self-evident.
[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

[attachimg=3]

[attachimg=4]

Well, your fellow douchebags love it, so it must be funny stuff.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 22, 2014, 02:58:57 PM

Shouldn't you be in Ferguson, stirring things up?

Why don't you just face the fact that the Democrats - since the days of slavery, up through Segregation, and up to today - are the Party of Race, and the Party that uses race however it can to advance itself.
Simply because it is not a fact.  Please tell me what your party has done to help disadvantaged people since 1965? 
Can't wait for this....

Quote from: NowhereInTime on August 22, 2014, 03:29:32 PM
Simply because it is not a fact.  Please tell me what your party has done to help disadvantaged people since 1965? 
Can't wait for this....

The Ds have an iron lock on the poverty industry.  Any common sense suggestions fall on deaf ears.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 22, 2014, 03:52:31 PM

The Ds have an iron lock on the poverty industry.  Any common sense suggestions fall on deaf ears.
Wow.  Nice punt.  Got some distance on that one, Ray Guy.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: NowhereInTime on August 22, 2014, 03:29:32 PM
Can't wait for this....

PEPFAR, it  provided 15 billion towards AIDS treatment in Africa and saved an estimated 1.1 million lives and it was all George W. Bush and the republicans. That was just off the top of my head.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 22, 2014, 01:33:20 AM
Sure it is.

I should have said anyone that isn't a crook.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 22, 2014, 11:17:51 PM
PEPFAR, it  provided 15 billion towards AIDS treatment in Africa and saved an estimated 1.1 million lives and it was all George W. Bush and the republicans. That was just off the top of my head.
I wouldn't say "all", but W. definitely lead that cause and rallied Republicans to it. 
Full credit to W. on that one. 

But here's the thing; you've named one (Paper*Boy) couldn't name any.

Not something that's really important to you guys, is it?

For my side, it's a core value to try to help people live better lives; yet we're pilloried by conservatives for it.  Why?  I have my own answer, but would love to see yours.

Bottle nose face. (honoring our gentlemen's agreement)

Quote from: NowhereInTime on August 23, 2014, 11:05:16 AM
I wouldn't say "all", but W. definitely lead that cause and rallied Republicans to it. 
Full credit to W. on that one. 

But here's the thing; you've named one (Paper*Boy) couldn't name any.

Not something that's really important to you guys, is it?

For my side, it's a core value to try to help people live better lives; yet we're pilloried by conservatives for it.  Why?  I have my own answer, but would love to see yours.

Bottle nose face. (honoring our gentlemen's agreement)

We don't believe in Big Government.  We believe in a safety net for folks who've fallen on hard times, but we think they should get back on their feet and support themselves.  We believe in helping out those who truly can't support themselves, but we'd rather see their families step up first, followed by private charities.

We believe private charities do a much better job of getting that needed support to the truly needy, and attach strings to it for those who can eventually be moved off financial support.

We believe in the market and in charity.   The Libs believe in Big Government, including bureaucratic handout programs with no string attached.  Not because of ideology, but because it's what works best, and is what is best for the country, and it's ultimately what's in the best interest for those in need. 

This is a core difference between cons and libs.

As far as what the Rs in DC have been doing - they've gone along with just about every single social spending program.  Unfortunately.  The overall social spending doesn't get cut when the R's control both branches of government, and very few individual programs are cut, if any.  When you hear about 'cut's in DC, what is really happening is a 'cut' in the projected rate of additional spending.  One of the issues we had with Bush II was his increased social spending - greatly expanding Medicare, greatly expanding federal govt role in education.