• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Jesse Ventura-Chris Kyle lawsuit

Started by yumyumtree, July 30, 2014, 07:26:08 PM

yumyumtree

Ive sort of been following this since last year and  Glenn Beck was talking about it this morning. It seems that Ventura won a pretty big judgement. In a nutshell  Kyle, now deceased, had claimed that Ventura had been disparaging veterans or something when the two got into a bar fight. Ventura claims what Kyle said in his book is inaccurate. I haven't read his book. On Beck they claimed that Kyle did not mention Ventura by name in the book but did later on a radio talk show.

You know what they say--when people say it's not the money, it's the principle, it's usually the money.

I thought there was already  a thread about this but couldn't find it.

onan

Quote from: yumyumtree on July 30, 2014, 07:26:08 PM
Ive sort of been following this since last year and  Glenn Beck was talking about it this morning. It seems that Ventura won a pretty big judgement. In a nutshell  Kyle, now deceased, had claimed that Ventura had been disparaging veterans or something when the two got into a bar fight. Ventura claims what Kyle said in his book is inaccurate. I haven't read his book. On Beck they claimed that Kyle did not mention Ventura by name in the book but did later on a radio talk show.

You know what they say--when people say it's not the money, it's the principle, it's usually the money.

I thought there was already  a thread about this but couldn't find it.

Heard it was 1.8 million.

Eddie Coyle

Announcing how much Jesse won could be a great way of fucking with him. Doesn't he live in Mexico, now? And he was worried about drones...

Bring Me The Head of the boa-wearing wrassler.

yumyumtree

$1.845 million, according to WaPo. I wonder if Mrs. Kyle has that kind of money?

The next time he's on Coast to Coast( and I'm sure he will be) how much do you want to bet they won't talk about it at all?

Seriously, these court judgements are out of control.

Apparently Ventura claims before the book came out he was making more, and now because his name has suffered he makes as little as 200k a year sometimes.  I wonder what other reasons there could be that an aging ex WWE wrestler living off the grid is losing income.

Grov505th

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on August 01, 2014, 02:41:50 AM
Apparently Ventura claims before the book came out he was making more, and now because his name has suffered he makes as little as 200k a year sometimes.  I wonder what other reasons there could be that an aging ex WWE wrestler living off the grid is losing income.

Maybe because people think he is batshit crazy after watching his TV show???

Foodlion

Chris Kyle lied, and Ventura Sued him. I'd sue him too for profiting on my name. Thing is, Jessie gave Chris a chance to fix it before he died. He chose to stick to the story, and Jessie won.

Now I'm wondering if Chris really ever did shoot that longest sniper shot. The way I see it, Chris Kyle could have fabricated the shot's distance by a little twist of manipulation. Not like it would be the first time he lied for a personality gain.

Quote from: Foodlion on August 01, 2014, 08:12:28 AM
Chris Kyle lied, and Ventura Sued him. I'd sue him too for profiting on my name. Thing is, Jessie gave Chris a chance to fix it before he died. He chose to stick to the story, and Jessie won.

Now I'm wondering if Chris really ever did shoot that longest sniper shot. The way I see it, Chris Kyle could have fabricated the shot's distance by a little twist of manipulation. Not like it would be the first time he lied for a personality gain.

Chris was a great man, and a great warrior. He was absolutely loved by every person who knew him. During the course of his 4 tours in Iraq, he earned two Silver Stars and five Bronze Stars with Valor. He survived six IED attacks, three gunshot wounds, two helicopter crashes, and more surgeries than he could remember. He was known among his SEAL brethren as "The Legend" and to his enemies as al-Shaitan, “the devil.” And after he returned to his family, he spent most of his free time assisting his fellow veterans suffering from PTSD.

He was memorialized at Cowboy Stadium by 7000 people. His funeral procession was 200 miles long.

The 160 confirmed kills represent a low-ball figure. People in Iraq say it was much higher.

There`s a great deal of controversy surrounding the verdict and I think A LOT of folks are misinterpreting it. But regardless of that, Ventura is a piece of shit for going after Taya and his two children. I`ll tell you one thing for certain; Ventura`s reputation is now mud in the SEAL community. He`s an outcast. A shameful coward.

Now if you`ll excuse me it`s time to go buy  another copy of American Sniper.