• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art's Return - Main Issues To Overcome

Started by Wintermute, July 28, 2014, 03:22:48 PM

Gd5150

If Art wants to return he can. Today it's easier than ever for anyone to start their own radio program online. You could probably do one with an iPhone. Art controls weather he comes back or not. It's not going to be like it was in its prime but he'd still have a show. He's a pro only he stands in his way. And the few whiners who are butt hurt about the xm fiasco would be back listening in a week. And if not nobody cares. Arts show is great because of Art Bell. No one else.

Bart Ell

June 17, 1945.

So far we have not found the cure for that.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: cweb on July 29, 2014, 06:21:56 AM
Color me naive, but is video really that big of a deal for a radio show?

i don't think it is. the only exception to this was the phil hendrie show.

wr250

Quote from: cweb on July 29, 2014, 06:21:56 AM
Color me naive, but is video really that big of a deal for a radio show?
only if involves noory/tommy sock puppets
If he's going to be testing servers, he needs to start with audio-only.

i agree

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on July 30, 2014, 10:49:34 AM

He also can't freak out over every little technical niggle that pops up.

reported.

Quote from: MV on July 31, 2014, 12:10:24 PM
reported.

Okay, now I know this reporting thing is a joke when MV is reporting to himself.  I guess I've been away too long.

eddie dean

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on July 31, 2014, 12:15:28 PM
Okay, now I know this reporting thing is a joke when MV is reporting to himself.  I guess I've been away too long.

reported ;)

ItsOver

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on July 31, 2014, 12:15:28 PM
Welcome back!  Report often.

jazmunda

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on July 31, 2014, 12:21:30 PM
:P

Reported. MV when are you going to get rid of this guy. He's a menace. Look at the path of destruction in the last few posts alone.

:P

jazmunda

Quote from: Bart Ell on July 31, 2014, 11:28:32 AM
June 17, 1945.

I scour the obits everyday for this very reason.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: jazmunda on July 31, 2014, 02:49:37 PM
I scour the obits everyday for this very reason.

And for suddenly single widowers?

onan

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on July 31, 2014, 02:51:29 PM

What other reason is there to buy a local newspaper?

jazmunda

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on July 31, 2014, 02:51:29 PM

Only from the nicer neighborhoods. Otherwise it is not worth my while.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: onan on July 31, 2014, 02:53:44 PM
What other reason is there to buy a local newspaper?

I don't use a proper toilet...so newspapers are still handy

Quote from: jazmunda on July 31, 2014, 02:55:35 PM
Only from the nicer neighborhoods. Otherwise it is not worth my while.

Go for the childless ones, it's so much easier when the will is disputed after the "accident".

McPhallus

Quote from: Bart Ell on July 31, 2014, 11:28:32 AM
June 17, 1945.

Time, apathy, and he's not so commercially viable anymore (if he needed the money to begin with, which he doesn't).

What's left?

ks3484

Quote from: McPhallus on August 05, 2014, 04:35:18 PM
Time, apathy, and he's not so commercially viable anymore (if he needed the money to begin with, which he doesn't).

What's left?

It's not about being "commercially viable", or the "money."

Art Bell created a place in time and space where like minded individuals could converge and discuss, or debate those things otherwise known as abnormal or paranormal. Things that the main stream media outlets absolutely refused to deal with even to this day (for the most part).

Art Bell and Coast To Coast AM became focal the point for recording and reporting the paranormal events being witnessed and experienced which would otherwise have gone unnoticed and unheard of, and unreported by those actually experiencing some sort of anomaly.

Today there is a lot of chatter over the airwaves about the things that we like minded individuals find of some interest to varying degrees. There are those who have come to realize that we are large, not few, in number. There are those who have began to dangle the carrot stick of wealth and riches before those air wave talents who could but capture a fraction of the like minded individuals who followed Art Bell and his reporting on and about the strange, abnormal, and the paranormal on Coast To Coast AM.

Art's audience is still out there because we continue to observe the strange, abnormal, and the paranormal every single day.

Are we the Lunatic Fringe?

Lunatic Fringe: Red Rider

This is no cheer piece for Art Bell. When Art returns I"m sure he will do his best to report on the strange, abnormal, and the paranormal to the best of his abilities. Never having heard from Airyn Ruiz, it is hoped that she would step in and take over the broadcasts and shows when Art cannot, or can no longer do them.

We, as individuals can call, write, and encourage our local radio stations to re-broadcast Art's pod casts and to carry his "live streaming broadcasts.".

There are those who would like for us like minded individuals to believe that we are nothing but fools, not because we are interested in, or have experienced the things that we have experienced, but because we have made it public and forewarned others about the negative and positive experiences with the strange, abnormal, and the paranormal.

It's far from over ART!......LET'S TURN THE BEAT AROUND!!!

Vicki Sue Robinson : Turn The Beat Around

dan7800

Art's return in any semblance of what he once was is no longer viable.

1) He created a special place in our mind ~10 years ago that he can no longer live up to
2) The constant quitting has soured use
3) Technologies change, and I know I would be listening to his podcast during the day, and not staying up all night.
4) In the age of Google, it only takes seconds to Google a guest to see that they are garbage. Once I see how they've already been discredited, that turns me off the show.
5) Open lines were the best, how many people will actually listen to the show to contribute (Jazmunda problem)

Whatever happens, PLEASE no RCH, numbers lady etc.... I'd rather listen to dead air than those buffoons.

ks3484

Quote from: ks3484 on August 09, 2014, 10:12:27 PM
...Art Bell and Coast To Coast AM became focal the point for recording and reporting the paranormal events being witnessed and experienced which would otherwise have gone unnoticed and unheard of, and unreported by those actually experiencing some sort of anomaly...

Correction to the sentence above...

...Art Bell and Coast To Coast AM became the focal point for the recording and reporting of the paranormal events being witnessed and experienced. Experiences and witness' that would otherwise have gone unnoticed, unheard of, and unreported...

ks3484

Quote from: ks3484 on August 09, 2014, 10:12:27 PM
Are we the Lunatic Fringe?

Another link to Lunatic Fringe in case the first link didn't work for you.  :)

Red Rider: Lunatic Fringe

ks3484

Quote from: dan7800 on August 10, 2014, 07:13:08 AM
Art's return in any semblance of what he once was is no longer viable.

1) He created a special place in our mind ~10 years ago that he can no longer live up to
2) The constant quitting has soured use
3) Technologies change, and I know I would be listening to his podcast during the day, and not staying up all night.
4) In the age of Google, it only takes seconds to Google a guest to see that they are garbage. Once I see how they've already been discredited, that turns me off the show.
5) Open lines were the best, how many people will actually listen to the show to contribute (Jazmunda problem)

Whatever happens, PLEASE no RCH, numbers lady etc.... I'd rather listen to dead air than those buffoons.

Quote1) He created a special place in our mind ~10 years ago that he can no longer live up to

For some I'm sure that's true. But for others Art and C2C was seen as a repository of sorts. Art and the airwaves were the scribes chronicling our the strange, abnormal, and paranormal  experiences in this time and space. It was, and is those experiences that made a connection with Art and Ramona.

Quote2)The constant quitting has soured use

Well, I for one am not soured on Art, the format, or/and the platform that he and C2C provided (in real time) for those experiencing the strange, abnormal, and paranormal.

Quote3) Technologies change, and I know I would be listening to his podcast during the day, and not staying up all night.

Some stayed up all night to listen because they suffered from some form of insomnia, or they had to work overnight â€" the graveyard shift.

But it’s great! that you too will be following and listening to those who are experiencing the  abnormal, the strange, and the paranormal. It's almost like we are the Vanguard â€"

van·guard noun \ˈvan-ˌgärd also ˈvaŋ-\
: the group of people who are the leaders of an action or movement in society, politics, art, etc.

the vanguard : the soldiers, ships, etc., that are at the front of a fighting force that is moving forward

source:<a href=http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/vanguard>Merriam-Webster.com. Merriam-Webster, n.d. Web. 11 Aug. 2014.</a>

Quote4) In the age of Google, it only takes seconds to Google a guest to see that they are garbage. Once I see how they've already been discredited, that turns me off the show.

I believe Art has said on numerous occasions that he presents the material but he leaves it up to his audience to decide for themselves what to believe or not to believe. They would have to decide if what they were hearing was real or not real. It was up to you to decide. However, that did not exclude or prohibit Art from weighing in on certain topics being discussed about the strange, abnormal, or the paranormal.

Quote5) Open lines were the best, how many people will actually listen to the show to contribute (Jazmunda problem)

You know what? I agree with you! But don’t forget that Art holds his cards very close to his chest so as not to let what he is working on slip into the public’s purview  before it or he was ready to presented it to the public. I say presented because ultimately and eventually Art had realize that he was the master of ceremonies, and at the same time the ring master of his forum and his show, which was just a show in the end. 

As Art began loading up on guest I tried to point out to him that his forum was caller driven because it was the caller’s experiencing the strange, abnormal, and paranormal events, and not guest driven. So Art explained that he was muting an incredible number of callers, and not letting them get on the air because they were literally threatening him and his family. At one point Art even began having his mail screened before it was delivered to him. People were calling and telling him that they would send various viruses like ebola to him and his family in their mail. The letter or gadget would be coated and that is how it would be delivered, and that is how he and his family would become infected.  And of course Art seen it as a real possibility because he would always have cuts and scratches from working on various things on his land or in his house.

I’d guess that in the end you do what you have to do â€" when you have to do it.
â€"-
Consider this won’t you please â€" it’s a Tzu [zoo] thing:

Quote*****"Suppose you and I have had an argument.***** If you have beaten me instead of my beating you, then are you necessarily right and am I necessarily wrong? If I have beaten you instead of your beating me, then am I necessarily right and are you necessarily wrong? Is one of us right and the other wrong? Are both of us right or are both of us wrong? If you and I don't know the answer, then other people are bound to be even more in the dark. Whom shall we get to decide what is right? Shall we get someone who agrees with you to decide? But if he already agrees with you, how can he decide fairly? Shall we get someone who agrees with me? But if he already agrees with me, how can he decide? Shall we get someone who disagrees with both of us? But if he already disagrees with both of us, how can he decide? Shall we get someone who agrees with both of us? But if he already agrees with both of us, how can he decide? Obviously, then, neither you nor I nor anyone else can decide for each other. Shall we wait for still another person?

"But waiting for one shifting voice [to pass judgment on] another is the same as waiting for none of them. Harmonize them all with the Heavenly Equality, leave them to their endless changes, and so live out your years. What do I mean by harmonizing them with the Heavenly Equality? Right is not right; so is not so. If right were really right, it would differ so clearly from not right that there would be no need for argument. If so were really so, it would differ so clearly from not so that there would be no need for argument. ****Forget the years; forget distinctions. Leap into the boundless and make it your home!"*****

…

Once Chuang Chou dreamt he was a butterfly, a butterfly flitting and fluttering around, happy with himself and doing as he pleased. He didn't know he was Chuang Chou. Suddenly he woke up and there he was, solid and unmistakable Chuang Chou. But he didn't know if he was Chuang Chou who had dreamt he was a butterfly, or a butterfly dreaming he was Chuang Chou. Between Chuang Chou and a butterfly there must be some distinction! *****This is called the Transformation of Things.*****

Link: The Complete Works Of Chuang Tzu: Translated by Burton Watson

dan7800

Quote from: AZguy on August 11, 2014, 09:02:11 AM
7. Laziness

8. When you do someone out of vengeance, it typically doesn't last long. See the SiriusXM fiasco.

Streaming issues my butt.

b_dubb

Quote from: dan7800 on August 11, 2014, 09:28:50 AM

8. When you do someone out of vengeance, it typically doesn't last long. See the SiriusXM fiasco.

Streaming issues my butt.
Good point.  A lot of truth here.