• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Americans really wish they had elected Mitt Romney instead of Obama

Started by Quick Karl, July 27, 2014, 05:11:44 PM

b_dubb

The Politics thread has only provided evidence that there are those among us who refuse to reevaluate the validity of their opinions or beliefs regardless of evidence to the contrary.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on July 28, 2014, 03:24:48 AM
... He doesn't hate the US. What evidence have you to to show any of the rest of your diatribe is even close to being true?...

I've posted much about Obama - which specific comments are you asking about?

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on July 28, 2014, 03:24:48 AM
... But back to my earlier question; what would you do? Spend money you haven't got on wars that are unpopular that will 'free' no-one?

Go study up on how Reagan and Thatcher used diplomacy, the so-called 'bully pulpit', and the military (note:  there is more to it than the 241 Marines killed in Lebanon).  Then get back to me with any Q's

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 28, 2014, 05:29:52 PM
Go study up on how Reagan and Thatcher used diplomacy, the so-called 'bully pulpit', and the military (note:  there is more to it than the 241 Marines killed in Lebanon).  Then get back to me with any Q's

Okay, I did, and here's my questions: What would you do? Spend money you haven't got on wars that are unpopular that will 'free' no-one?  And finally, what chickenshit technique are you going to use this time to dodge reasonable questions that undermine your psychotic political views?

b_dubb

President Romney passes Bill requiring someone to be a registered owner of a corporation before someone can be a US citizen

In some fucked up alt universe where Romney won

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 27, 2014, 10:12:33 PM
Like he said, people are stupid. 

Or more likely, greedy.  It depends on what new handouts the takers think McGovern's corpse would give them

Right now we have the leadership of the Republican Party (such as it is) doing nothing, standing for nothing, and representing no one.  And doing everything they can think of to piss off the base of their Party.  The last Conservative President was Ronald Reagan.  Reagan was probably the last Republican in Washington DC of any prominence able to speak in complete sentences. 

Big Media is a wholly owned subsidiary of the 'Progressive' Democrats, and shills for them at every chance

Yet the R's are poised to trounce the D's in the upcoming elections.  Not just in the Senate race, but at all levels across the country.

Considering your reading of the current situation, that's pretty weird, eh?
Just a clarification for you: McGovern was a Democratic presidential candidate.  What polls show that the Republicans will trounce the Democrats in the next presidential election?

And you can try all you want to disown Bush I and II, Dole, McCain, Romney, whoever.  They are conservatives - in name, in deed, in fact.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 28, 2014, 05:29:52 PM

I've posted much about Obama - which specific comments are you asking about?

Oh bless; your naivety is endearing sometimes. Shall we go back to that diplomacy? A time when the old Soviet Union was virtually bankrupt, but that didn't stop it invading Afghanistan anyway; the opposition trained, supplied and encouraged by the USA, specifically the CIA. Later this cosying up would come back to bite the arse of the NATO invasion in 2003-->.

The SU were sent packing out of the region, broken and humiliated..Restlessness within the regional SU countries, Hungary, Czech/ Slovakia, Poland, Romania, Ukraine... And a dynamic but western friendly leader had emerged in 1985, Mikhail Gorbachev. A man who Thatcher said she could do business with. A man who had read the big writing writ large on the wall of fate. The SU had to change radically, or the region sink into a far worse state than it already was.

What happened of course was cataclysmic. What emerged though after the departure of Gorby, was the rise and rise of the old SU elite, who now worked out in the open. Mafia, the oligarchs. Note; there was no Islamic rise at that time, that wasn't to happen for several years, long after Reagan had left office, and didn't get into it's stride until after his death.

Reagan wouldn't have had any more chance of 'diplomacy' with the present day world political/ faction map than Obama has to try to do now. It's a fruitless although laudable aspiration.

Explain how you do diplomacy with a philosophy? How do you negotiate with the Mafia? How would you negotiate with the 1000's of separate factions? Many of which are fighting each other, as well as having a common enemy; you. That's before you even try to sort the perennial Israeli/ Palestinian slaughter. I haven't even mentioned Iranian nuclear capabilities, Chinese economic rise, North African troubles...None of which Reagan had to deal with.

Go..

Sometimes I wonder whether you are irrational or some sort of troll. 

So the issues Reagan dealt with are different than what Obama is dealing with.  And since they are now gone, they weren't really all that difficult.  Is that about the jist of it?

Did it ever occur to you that perhaps the issues Obama is dealing with look a lot more difficult because he is failing to solve any of them, as opposed to what Reagan faced because he was quite successful?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 29, 2014, 01:37:43 AM
Sometimes I wonder whether you are irrational or some sort of troll. 

So the issues Reagan dealt with are different than what Obama is dealing with.  And since they are now gone, they weren't really all that difficult.  Is that about the jist of it?

No, I'm saying that you're pretty much expecting Obama to try and solve the rest of the worlds problems with no input from the rest of the world. Reagan and Carter didn't royally piss off a great deal of the rest of the world the way Bush has. To those people whoever is the President is an irrelevance, all they see is the western filth.

Did it ever occur to you that perhaps the issues Obama is dealing with look a lot more difficult because he is failing to solve any of them, as opposed to what Reagan faced because he was quite successful?

Reagan wasn't that successful, he simply didn't have the shit that Obama has now.
But go on then Kissinger II; what would YOU do? Step by step...how would you make the Good ole USA a more acceptable and respected country?

You didn't answer this:
Explain how you do diplomacy with a philosophy? How do you negotiate with the Mafia? How would you negotiate with the 1000's of separate factions? Many of which are fighting each other, as well as having a common enemy; you. That's before you even try to sort the perennial Israeli/ Palestinian slaughter. I haven't even mentioned Iranian nuclear capabilities, Chinese economic rise, North African troubles...None of which Reagan had to deal with.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on July 29, 2014, 01:55:55 AM
No, I'm saying that you're pretty much expecting Obama to try and solve the rest of the worlds problems with no input from the rest of the world...

We still have plenty of friends.  Although Obama has alienated many of them.

I'm not suggesting Obama should have solved all the problems, I'm saying he should be attempting to at least be present, and address them.  Do something.  Instead he spends his time golfing, vacationing, fundraising, and doing photo ops.  And lecturing the rest of us.  Fuck him.  He hasn't done a single positive thing since he's been in office, he has zero positive accomplishments. 

Unless you think dividing us further and getting the country into an uproar is an accomplishment

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on July 29, 2014, 01:55:55 AM
... Reagan wasn't that successful, he simply didn't have the shit that Obama has now...

That is simply factually incorrect.

When Reagan took office the Soviet Union and it's proxies were on the march - in Afghanistan, in Angola, in Central America.  They were scaring the hell out of everyone with their missiles to the point the Libs here wanted to unilaterally disarm.

When he took office, home mortgage interest rates were 18%, inflation was over 10%, the reported unemployment rate was 8%.  The economy was stagnant, energy prices were through the roof.  It could be argued the economy was worse than what Obama inherited. 

But because it was fixed, and during the whole time the Libs were denouncing Reagan, not only does he not get credit we are told he was terrible and made everything worse.  By the same people who are now telling us what a wonderful job Obama has done.

In the words of our English friends, bollox.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 29, 2014, 02:19:27 AM
We still have plenty of friends.  Although Obama has alienated many of them.

I'm not suggesting Obama should have solved all the problems, I'm saying he should be attempting to at least be present, and address them.  Do something.  Instead he spends his time golfing, vacationing, fundraising, and doing photo ops.  And lecturing the rest of us.  Fuck him.  He hasn't done a single positive thing since he's been in office, he has zero positive accomplishments. 

Unless you think dividing us further and getting the country into an uproar is an accomplishment

That is simply factually incorrect.

When Reagan took office the Soviet Union and it's proxies were on the march - in Afghanistan, in Angola, in Central America.  They were scaring the hell out of everyone with their missiles to the point the Libs here wanted to unilaterally disarm.

When he took office, home mortgage interest rates were 18%, inflation was over 10%, the reported unemployment rate was 8%.  The economy was stagnant, energy prices were through the roof.  It could be argued the economy was worse than what Obama inherited. 

But because it was fixed, and during the whole time the Libs were denouncing Reagan, not only does he not get credit we are told he was terrible and made everything worse.  By the same people who are now telling us what a wonderful job Obama has done.

In the words of our English friends, bollox.

Third time of asking; what would YOU do? How would you deal with things? Stage by stage, and incorporating all the things I mentioned, okay, not all, maybe 25% 

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on July 29, 2014, 03:05:36 AM

Third time of asking; what would YOU do? How would you deal with things? Stage by stage, and incorporating all the things I mentioned, okay, not all, maybe 25%

What should be done starting now - now that things are so completely out of control, or what should have been done over the past 6 years to not get to this point? 

Which situation or situations would you like a response to?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 29, 2014, 03:44:19 AM

What should be done starting now - now that things are so completely out of control, or what should have been done over the past 6 years to not get to this point? 

Go on knock yourself out; Either/both.

albrecht

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on July 29, 2014, 11:56:11 AM
I like the invitation the best. But the posters are pretty funny also.
http://imgur.com/a/KUnUD

Hilarious if your sense of humour is paint drying. Where's the inspiration? Parody and satire should be funny...how did they get it so wrong?

albrecht

Obama spent Valentine's Day without his wife to play golf in California. There is no word yet about whether the artist is saying Obama's golf game or job performance in the White House is "subpar." 
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Sports/2014/02/16/Obama-Sub-Par

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 29, 2014, 03:44:19 AM

How about what should've been done precipitating the need to create Obamacare?  The financial crisis?  The mortgage underwriting fraud?

See, genius, 'Bam might not have been elected if you and your lazy-ass laissez-faire types weren't fox-fucking the hen house.

Quick Karl

Quote from: NowhereInTime on August 04, 2014, 05:13:26 PM
How about what should've been done precipitating the need to create Obamacare?  The financial crisis?  The mortgage underwriting fraud?

See, genius, 'Bam might not have been elected if you and your lazy-ass laissez-faire types weren't fox-fucking the hen house.

Well now that you mention it, assholebreath, you're actually agreeing with PB's Thesis - you're just too fucking stupid to realize it!

PB hasn't ever defended the scumbag Democrat Pugilists, or the scumbag Democrat Pugilists that pretend to be Conservative Constitutionalists -- he defends the PRINCIPLES of a TRUE Free Market Capitalist Economy, which, if you weren't such a fucking obsolete pathetic 60's throwback stuck in a time warp replete with Birkenstocks, you would comprehend is NOT the Vulture Capitalism of the scumbags in DC or Wall Street, including your vaunted rulers, Oblunder, Piglosi, and cant-Reid-but-can-lie.

I think you dropped acid one too many times when you were just a douche in the 60's and thought you were something special, and now you're just a bitter douche!

Maybe you should take the Cobain way out?

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Quick Karl on August 04, 2014, 05:45:03 PM
Well now that you mention it, assholebreath, you're actually agreeing with PB's Thesis - you're just too fucking stupid to realize it!

PB hasn't ever defended the scumbag Democrat Pugilists, or the scumbag Democrat Pugilists that pretend to be Conservative Constitutionalists -- he defends the PRINCIPLES of a TRUE Free Market Capitalist Economy, which, if you weren't such a fucking obsolete pathetic 60's throwback stuck in a time warp replete with Birkenstocks, you would comprehend is NOT the Vulture Capitalism of the scumbags in DC or Wall Street, including your vaunted rulers, Oblunder, Piglosi, and cant-Reid-but-can-lie.

I think you dropped acid one too many times when you were just a douche in the 60's and thought you were something special, and now you're just a bitter douche!

Maybe you should take the Cobain way out?
More recycled jokes? Careful, pudchoker, with as much recycling as you're doing, you might lose you conservative creds.
At least until you say something racist, misogynist, or otherwise anything out of the sewer you call a mouth.

Quote from: NowhereInTime on August 04, 2014, 05:13:26 PM

Dang, you make it sound like people were actually thinking when they elected that ass-wipe - when you know good and well Liberalism is based almost entirely on emotions.

If the people who voted for Obama had instead spent a bit of time thinking and taking things seriously, they would have been helping us nominate someone other than Rinos like McCain and Romney in the Republican primaries.

Voting for Obama as the outcome of a thought process?  Now I've heard everything.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 04, 2014, 09:08:04 PM
Dang, you make it sound like people were actually thinking when they elected that ass-wipe - when you know good and well Liberalism is based almost entirely on emotions.
Well, that and caring about people, their society, freedom, and sustaining the planet we all live on.

QuoteIf the people who voted for Obama had instead spent a bit of time thinking and taking things seriously, they would have been helping us nominate someone other than Rinos like McCain and Romney in the Republican primaries.
If conservatives would spend a bit of time realizing that it isn't all about hoarding treasure, we might have a safer, cleaner, more neighborly country than the current vintage.

QuoteVoting for Obama as the outcome of a thought process?  Now I've heard everything.
Sure, that's because all you do is scheme ways to screw people out of what they have so you can have more.  Then you try to ennoble such lascivious pursuit with philosophical phraseology like "self-interest" as opposed to "selfishness".
Seriously, if you guys spent the time and energy creating new products, new services, and ways to enhance quality of life rather than scheming on how to beat liberals, muslims, the IRS, and your fellow Americans, I couldn't even imagine how advanced our society would be today.

Gd5150

Quote from: NowhereInTime on August 06, 2014, 01:41:20 PM
Well, that and caring about people, their society, freedom, and sustaining the planet we all live on.
If conservatives would spend a bit of time realizing that it isn't all about hoarding treasure, we might have a safer, cleaner, more neighborly country than the current vintage.

Welcome to Liberal fantasy land where Feinstein and Boxer (theyre the noble liberal senators from california since 1992 for you liberals) have a combined wealth of over 200 million dollars. Just 2 average persons looking out for the little guy LOL!!!!!!!! The rest of your post is so sadly ignorant that it need not be addressed. Now go back to your Daily show for all of your truth.

Why can't we just have a friggen civil war and get it over with. Liberals can throw aborted fetuses, and conservatives will use their guns. And when its over everyone can utilize their free healthcare.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Gd5150 on August 06, 2014, 02:57:52 PM
Welcome to Liberal fantasy land where Feinstein and Boxer (theyre the noble liberal senators from california since 1992 for you liberals) have a combined wealth of over 200 million dollars. Just 2 average persons looking out for the little guy LOL!!!!!!!! The rest of your post is so sadly ignorant that it need not be addressed. Now go back to your Daily show for all of your truth.

Why can't we just have a friggen civil war and get it over with. Liberals can throw aborted fetuses, and conservatives will use their guns. And when its over everyone can utilize their free healthcare.
Great. Another mutt from Dick Tracy's Rogues Gallery pops like a boil. Typical conservative: long on paternalistic condescension, hyperbole, and snark but short on substance.
You tried Civil War already. Fought to keep black people in chains. God Himself made sure you lost that one.
Go back and get "Hannitized", clap trap.

Quote from: NowhereInTime on August 06, 2014, 01:41:20 PM
... Seriously, if you guys spent the time and energy creating new products, new services, and ways to enhance quality of life rather than scheming on how to beat liberals, muslims, the IRS, and your fellow Americans, I couldn't even imagine how advanced our society would be today.

Who do you think produces the wealth in this country - the people laying around living off handouts?  The people in government redistributing whatever they can seize?

The fact is, the loser Left couldn't survive without the rest of us protecting them militarily and providing goods and services.  The rest of us could, however, live quite nicely without them.

Quote from: NowhereInTime on August 06, 2014, 03:29:57 PM
... You tried Civil War already. Fought to keep black people in chains. God Himself made sure you lost that one...

That was the Democrats fighting for slavery.  The Party of Racism.  Whose religion is Big Government. 

onan

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 06, 2014, 06:40:31 PM

That was the Democrats fighting for slavery.  The Party of Racism.  Whose religion is Big Government.

I really hope that helps you sleep at night. Yes on the surface your statement is valid. But it certainly is far from any truth. And what is galling, is you are well aware of the dodge.

Quote from: onan on August 06, 2014, 06:44:29 PM
I really hope that helps you sleep at night. Yes on the surface your statement is valid. But it certainly is far from any truth. And what is galling, is you are well aware of the dodge.

Yet you didn't feel equally inclined to comment on his post?

onan

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 06, 2014, 06:59:07 PM

Yet you didn't feel equally inclined to comment on his post?
Sorry for that, I actually didn't read his post. I will go back and do that.

Okay, I read it. And it seems to be generated from a comment about tossing fetuses and shooting under the context of a civil war... thrilling stuff, stupid but thrilling. Yeah I might have tossed an insult back at that myself.

Imagine if instead of being the Party of Lincoln, the R's had been the ones fighting for slavery.  And spent the next hundred years as the Party of Segregation in the South. 

Imagine that Party changing - finally - but still existing into the modern era, right up to today.  Big Media would bring it up constantly, they'd wonder how anyone in good conscience could be associated with that party. 

You know they would.  But as it is now, crickets.

onan

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 06, 2014, 07:06:16 PM
Imagine if instead of being the Party of Lincoln, the R's had been the ones fighting for slavery.  And spent the next hundred years as the Party of Segregation in the South. 

Imagine that Party changing - finally - but still existing into the modern era, right up to today.  Big Media would bring it up constantly, they'd wonder how anyone in good conscience could be associated with that party. 

You know they would.  But as it is now, crickets.

Yeah it all sucks. Here is what I know, wealth isn't only created by the wealthy. Justice and fairness are not commodities held to exclusion. And none of us are completely right or wrong. And I get so sick of the people that present points that are reductive and suggest the only answer is an either or solution.

Now I am gonna go wash off the pollyanna sauce off of me.

Quote from: onan on August 06, 2014, 07:13:02 PM
Yeah it all sucks. Here is what I know, wealth isn't only created by the wealthy. Justice and fairness are not commodities held to exclusion. And none of us are completely right or wrong. And I get so sick of the people that present points that are reductive and suggest the only answer is an either or solution.

Now I am gonna go wash off the pollyanna sauce off of me.

I think reasonable people understand this, always a good reminder.