• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art - Somewhere In Time

Started by fromwomewhere outthere, July 26, 2014, 11:14:00 PM

Morgus

Quote from: From Somewhere Out There on July 27, 2014, 12:31:32 AM
And we know this because?
Because Art talked it about on the air last year and even tried to get PremRat to stop airing SIT but he couldn't stop them, since he had sold the rights to all his old shows to them years ago.

Thanks. Art really got the real screw job by Premier. Art has made those guys so much money, and they fucked him. I really hope there is a case of what goes around comes around. I am sure that SIT has a larger listening audience than the regular Saturday show. What a bunch of fucks Premier is.

Morgus

Quote from: From Somewhere Out There on July 27, 2014, 01:51:54 AMI am sure that SIT has a larger listening audience than the regular Saturday show.
And the proof of that is simply that PremRat continues to air SIT for years and years.
They would have stopped years ago if the ratings weren't good...

dungiven

I don't know why there is not a Somewhere In Time thread  pinned under Things and Such. The only time I listen to C2C anymore is on Saturday nights. The shows are still great, and I know most on this forum have to be waiting for Saturday nights to hear them.

Bart Ell

Quote from: From Somewhere Out There on July 27, 2014, 01:51:54 AM
and they fucked him.

Yeah, they fucked him with lots of money when they bought the show. Art got paid and then, years later, wants them to stop playing the shows they paid for.

I know I sold you that car 5 years ago but I am asking you to stop driving it now. I will be keeping the money you paid me for the car but I would still like for you to stop driving it, ok?

Quote from: Bart Ell on July 27, 2014, 08:42:53 AM
Yeah, they fucked him with lots of money when they bought the show. Art got paid and then, years later, wants them to stop playing the shows they paid for.

I know I sold you that car 5 years ago but I am asking you to stop driving it now. I will be keeping the money you paid me for the car but I would still like for you to stop driving it, ok?

Ok, so they paid him and that's the bottom line? If someone pays you, that gives the employer the right to shit all over the employee while the are on the job?

You must be McNerney from Boeing who recently said "that he won't retire after turning 65 next month because "the heart will still be beating, the employees will still be cowering."

Bart Ell

Quote from: From Somewhere Out There on July 27, 2014, 09:12:29 AM
Ok, so they paid him and that's the bottom line?

It is when it comes to SIT. He sold the show.

As far as them screwing him in any other way, who knows? He got paid loads of cash for his show, after that he can only blame himself since he surrendered control in order to cash in.

Did he not just screw Sirius and a bunch of listeners that bought radios and subs? Was that new behavior or Art being Art?

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on July 27, 2014, 02:37:45 AM
And the proof of that is simply that PremRat continues to air SIT for years and years.
They would have stopped years ago if the ratings weren't good...
Yes.  I find it amusing PremRat is still airing Art's show, thankfully, with some over 15 years old now, rather than reruns of Noory.  Even PremRat still recognizes the value of Art's old shows.  So much for Snoory's "classhic" shows.  ::)

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on July 27, 2014, 09:52:50 AM
Yes.  I find it amusing PremRat is still airing Art's show, thankfully, with some over 15 years old now, rather than reruns of Noory.  Even PremRat still recognizes the value of Art's old shows.  So much for Snoory's "classhic" shows.  ::)
My two local high power AM stations in FEMA Region VI even play promos for C2C featuring Art and John B Wells. Both of whom are no longer at C2C and have grudges against it.

Morgus

Quote from: ItsOver on July 27, 2014, 09:52:50 AM
Yep its quite telling that PremRat has never played a "Best of Noory" show in the over a decade since Noory took over as regular weeknight host...
They used to play "Best of Art Bell" shows often before Noory took over instead of using guest hosts...

Quote from: Morgus on July 27, 2014, 02:26:02 PM
Yep its quite telling that PremRat has never played a "Best of Noory" show in the over a decade since Noory took over as regular weeknight host...
They used to play "Best of Art Bell" shows often before Noory took over instead of using guest hosts...

I asked Noory what his best show was.
He said they were all top notch.

I read an interview and was asked same question. He said it was an interview he did with Benjamin creme. Noory got sick as did callers algedly. Noory thinks Benjamin is the anti Christ.

Quote from: nooryisawesome on July 27, 2014, 02:57:59 PM
He said they were all top notch...

Translation:  Specifics?  You expect me to remember specifics?  It's just a job.  I can't be expected to remember what I do or who I interview.  Go ask Tommy.

dan7800

Quote from: nooryisawesome on July 27, 2014, 02:57:59 PM
He said they were all top notch.

I read an interview and was asked same question. He said it was an interview he did with Benjamin creme. Noory got sick as did callers algedly. Noory thinks Benjamin is the anti Christ.

I think GN died 5 years ago. They just use recordings of him asking questions to guests 5 years ago.

Quote from: dungiven on July 27, 2014, 08:33:14 AM
I don't know why there is not a Somewhere In Time thread  pinned under Things and Such. The only time I listen to C2C anymore is on Saturday nights. The shows are still great, and I know most on this forum have to be waiting for Saturday nights to hear them.
Saturday night is always my favorite night to be driving around listening to the radio!

henge0stone

Well heres the question are radio shows like music where you should get paid a royalty percentage?

paladin1991

Quote from: From Somewhere Out There on July 27, 2014, 09:12:29 AM
Ok, so they paid him and that's the bottom line? If someone pays you, that gives the employer the right to shit all over the employee while the are on the job?

You must be McNerney from Boeing who recently said "that he won't retire after turning 65 next month because "the heart will still be beating, the employees will still be cowering."
What employer and employee are you talking about?  Art sold his property.  He's not an employee.  I'm not sure I'm following you.

Are you high?

Again?

Think about it Art wouldn't be so butthurt if he was still getting cheques from Premiere.

Radio talent are like Amsterdam window hookers, only poorer paid and with less dignity

georgegoldman

I have noticed that there is less radio stations playing somewhere in time with Art Bell. I have looked up on the C2C web site and less stations are playing Art's shows. WTF

paladin1991

Quote from: georgegoldman on September 22, 2014, 12:54:40 PM
I have noticed that there is less radio stations playing somewhere in time with Art Bell. I have looked up on the C2C web site and less stations are playing Art's shows. WTF
Blasphemous Bastards!  SIT.  SIT.  SIT!  SI Fucking T!  SIT, that's where it's at.

have they been any "new"classics that were not in the ultimate torrent?

aldousburbank

Finally, Saturday night and I can enjoy a radio show that doesn't exist anymore.
:-\

wr250

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 27, 2014, 06:49:22 PM
Finally, Saturday night and I can enjoy a radio show that doesn't exist anymore.
the memories will always be with you .

aldousburbank

Quote from: wr250 on September 27, 2014, 06:55:11 PM
the memories will always be with you .
We'll always have Paris Parumph

aldousburbank

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 27, 2014, 06:49:22 PM
Robert Anton Wilson is on.

albrecht

Quote from: aldousburbank on November 29, 2014, 08:09:50 PM
Robert Anton Wilson is on.
That is friggin weird. Listened to that very show earlier today via "other sources." Very strange. But a good show and callers. It must be an odd coincidence. Unlike Norry thinks, they do happen.
ps: he praises Keith Rowland for "creating almost a search engine within his website"

Tonight's SIT is making me very nostalgic., I remember staying awake really late on a hot summer night my junior year I'm high school listening to this show.. It was the program that made me
Convince parents to get the internet..