The General

Quote from: zeebo on July 25, 2014, 10:20:35 PM
Blue cheese dressing & black pepper.

Also, cinnamon on espresso drinks.

Just try and beat those.  I dare you.

Squirrel and hot sauce.

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 25, 2014, 10:41:59 PM
BLT and a beer.

I've never liked raw tomato in sandwiches or burgers for some reason, so when we had BLTs when I was a kid, I substituted peanut butter.  It goes great with bacon, and the lettuce cuts the saltiness just enough while giving the illusion of cleansing your palate.  And beer.

eddie dean

Raw carrots,  peanut butter and honey.
3 parts smooth PB
1  part honey
mix together PB & honey to a consistency of thick caramel.
Dip carrot sticks and enjoy.

Quote from: eddie dean on July 25, 2014, 11:28:31 PM
Raw carrots,  peanut butter and honey.
3 parts smooth PB
1  part honey
mix together PB & honey to a consistency of thick caramel.
Dip carrot sticks and enjoy.

And beer, I hope! 

coaster

Steak and baked potato. And beer. tacos are pretty damn good too.

zeebo

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 25, 2014, 10:41:59 PM
BLT and a beer.

Damn I need that - right now.  But I have no bacon ... dammit.  New rule - always have bacon nearby.

Eddie Coyle

French fried taters and potted meat.

Quote from: eddie dean on July 25, 2014, 11:51:37 PM
Nope.  angel dust  :P

Then we're definitely going to need beer, and lots of it.

Olives, almonds, and fish (anchovies/salmon).

Some godawful Waffle House steak drowned with the last half bottle of A1 sauce and a side of mashed potatoes. Tall iced tea.

Something magical about it.

And that hitchhiking drifter sitting at the counter staring at the disappearing steak spells trouble later on.

That's when you pocket the empty A1 bottle for parking lot battle. If you think the steak was magic, those thick bottles are pure Camazotz Automat sorcery when correctly applied.

Bonk! Bonk! On the head! They always believe they are the predator and look so surprised.

(cue Sabbath's Falling Off the Edge of the World for the parking lot's Rock'em Sock'em Misanthropes)

It's like a lost Then Came Bronson meets Star Trek episode, and all the while, I'm still high on A1.

I've been known to sniff A1 like some kind of sauce slut, almost experiencing Kali Herself Tinker-Toying up my spine as a rising Kundalini fire serpent Waffle House groupie. Shades of Lilith completing an electrical circuit Robert Anton Wilson never quite got around to properly explaining.

I blame this twisted olfactory palate on early imprinting by The Galloping Gourmet who constantly encouraged me to sex and booze up every meal in some manner.

Thus I had the most interesting lunch contents in elementary school. Wars were fought - lost and won - over what I carried in my Land of the Giants lunch box.

Children are impressionable. Like piggy banks constructed of slightly unstable C4 plastic explosive.

Someone has to pay.

Often dearly.

Any combination of Thai food

Any combination of Ethiopian food

Any combination of West African food

Indian curry, the pan fried or deep fried bread, and a beer

Any combination of street stall food anywhere in SE Asia

Anything cooked over a fire during a backpacking trip

wr250

7-11 turkee sammiches
7-11 microwave pizza roles
and/or a succulent chinese meal
okay someone had to say it.

albrecht

Hottest lamb vindaloo and some big Cobra beers or a big plate of cheese enchiladas, with a fried sunny-side egg on top, with some strong margaritas. If not into spice then a big old chicken fried steak with lotsa of sausage gravy. Camping, fishing, or hunting: some saltines and sardines and deviled ham (it is tasty and will attract game to your location and also keep away potential other people intruding into your space!)

zeebo

Quote from: albrecht on July 26, 2014, 05:12:26 AM
...Camping, fishing, or hunting: some saltines and sardines and deviled ham ...

This reminds me of another simple but great one when camping:  Salmon with cream cheese on a cracker.  For some reason it tastes so much better at the campsite than back home.

zeebo

Ok, here's another good one. 

Brie cheese - the friggin real stuff, imported from France, seriously, don't bother with anything else.  Let it come to room temp and spread that creamy goodness on a hunk of bread from a fresh baguette.

+

Thinly-sliced Calabrese (spicy) salame.

+

Cold Asahi beer.  I've tried other beer and it doesn't work as well.  Something about the clean crispness of Asahi that cuts thru the richness and spice of the other two components of this triad of tastiness.

Kelt

Chicken Tikka Masala + Jasmine Rice + Keema Nan + Kingfisher Beer.

And I've just won.

What's my prize?

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on July 26, 2014, 02:18:08 AM

Bonk! Bonk! On the head! They always believe they are the predator and look so surprised.

It's the Only way to deal with those types.

QuoteIt's like a lost Then Came Bronson meets Star Trek episode, and all the while, I'm still high on A1.

And beer. Always have beer.

[/quote]

Yorkshire pud

Agreeable red (Merlot, Shiraz, Carbernet Sauvignon) and Lindt white chocolate.

zeebo

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on July 26, 2014, 01:05:28 AM
Olives, almonds, and fish (anchovies/salmon).

I'm intrigued by this.  I shall try.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on July 26, 2014, 12:38:54 PM
Agreeable red (Merlot, Shiraz, Carbernet Sauvignon) and Lindt white chocolate.

My dad had a business associate who stayed with us once and poured cheap blended Scotch on his corn flakes in the morning.  That's not my idea of a breakfast of champions, but I discovered that a piece of good milk chocolate goes quite nicely with single malts for some reason.

zeebo

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on July 26, 2014, 12:45:59 PM
My dad had a business associate who stayed with us once and poured cheap blended Scotch on his corn flakes in the morning.  That's not my idea of a breakfast of champions, but I discovered that a piece of good milk chocolate goes quite nicely with single malts for some reason.

Also, try a good cognac w/ sliced peaches sometime (fresh juicy ones, not the goopy canned stuff).

Yorkshire pud

Two egg omelette: Mixed with a drop of double cream and salt.

When ready diced ham, onions, and parmaesan cheese (grated), and diced peppers..folded over. Mug of coffee.

Quote from: zeebo on July 26, 2014, 12:40:03 PM
I'm intrigued by this.  I shall try.

Most people eat that and drink fino sherry (its the white sherry like $7 or $8 per bottle) or scotch works too.

cweb

Rare steak with a slightly spicy dry rub and a deep Malbec.

Salty dark bacon chocolate with a strong barleywine beer.

Chicken wings with a chili powder buffalo sauce that has a touch of butter.

Yorkshire pud

Cheese melted on toast with Branston pickle on top.