• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Tonight's C2C, a critical evaluation... without personal attacks, and insults.

Started by Mr. Fidget, July 22, 2014, 12:06:48 AM

Quote from: eddie dean on July 23, 2014, 09:54:07 PM
Indeed!
This could be great for locating new soundboard clips.
However, be carefull with the amount of time you spend listening to George Mr. Fidget. Moderation sir.
For the  SB, I've primary focused on the older shows (2005-2009) I have from my stream link days.

I'm looking for good examples, or similar variations, of these classic phrases: "Could it  be a portal?" "could it be angels?"

He had a few gems last night, and I was wondering if you were recording it for soundboard bites.  The one I remember was "That's some story!" which would be a good one to spring on future phone scammers.

Mr. Fidget

I would speculate that the easiest way to get these soundboard clips is the "Tunein Radio" app. The pro version (just a couple bucks) both records, and has a 10 second rewind that can be repeatedly pressed for further rewind. Collecting them that way would be elementary my dear gabbers.
   If my phone was not bottom of the barrel, I'd do it. I imagine somewhere within the BG legion there is a better equipped gabber.

mf

ps. Every time I write, type, or say "app" my stomach turns. The app'ification of computer programs... "applications" seems to me somehow a wrong turn for humanity. I should have gone to onan'd'onagain's annoy thread. I'm still waiting for his acknowledgement of my point by point counter of his personal attack upon my "state of mind" before he even exists... as far as I'm concerned.

pps. Nothing wrong with eating a little "crow" when it's properly prepared. "Catharsis?"

ppps. I submit this quote for BG consideration from early in "his" BG career:
« on: November 10, 2010, 05:59:29 AM »
Well at any given moment in someone's day I could probably make a case for mental incompetence. I am a forensic psychiatric nurse... trust me I could.

pppps. Man up "dude."

eddie dean

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on July 23, 2014, 10:16:40 PM
He had a few gems last night, and I was wondering if you were recording it for soundboard bites.  The one I remember was "That's some story!" which would be a good one to spring on future phone scammers.

I wasn't recording the show, unfortunately, or fortunately I don't listen anymore. I appreciate your suggestion however. It might be worth paying for 1 month of stream link to download as many shows as I can. I have so many isolated clips already, I can see this getting out of hand by trying to use too many. I still want more though! heh heh.
It will take some work to be able to quickly locate the right one during a conversation. On my SB, I have 6 GN banks, each bank has 21 clips loaded.  I probably have at least 50 more clips waiting to be categorized and loaded. It can be overwhelming!

Mr. Fidget

10:07 later tonight the spirit of the Ouija
10:08 we have, they have extended the no fly zone into the..
10:08 it needs to stop
10:09 in the prior wreek
10:10 some Wall Street analysts are saying that the stock market can't keep going the way its going...
10:11 you can track Catherine Austin Fitts
listen to the story the doctor leading the fight against the bowling in Sierra Leone is not being treated for that deadly virus in self he tested positive and now he's been admitted to a hospital so far more than 630 people died to be bowling in 3 West African states in the outbreak begin in Guinea it's the world's deadliest outbreak to date there is no cure for a bowling it kills up to 90% of those infected...
10:11 a story it coast @ coast am .com in the news doctors in India have extracted 232 teeth from the mouth of the 17 year old boy in a seven hour operation the teenager had been suffering for 18 months in travel into the city...

10 happiest cities
number 10 Middlesex Somerset and henderson New Jersey number nine West Palm Beach Boca Raton Florida number 8 Nashville Tennessee number 7 Jacksonville Florida
number 6 Houston Texas number 5 Atlanta Georgia number for Raleigh Durham number 3 Washington DC number to Norfolk in Virginia Beach Newport News Virginia in the 10 number 1 happiest city population greater than a million Richmond Petersburg in Virginia

Now the unhappy ones number 10+ Philadelphia then Buffalo number 8 Las Vegas number 7 Saint Louis I would agree with that but that's what they say
Indianapolis number 5 Detroit
(Lost a couple)
Kentucky number 2 most unhappiest metropolitan area to live in New York New York

10:?? Zombies witches and ghosts have been reported to the police...

Feedom
???? 2 years ago the earth experienced a close shave something we've been talking about for a long time an x class flair but most Media did not mention it the impact was an extreme solar storm the most powerful in as long as 150 years you Will Baker at the University of Colorado says if it hit us we'd still be picking up the pieces
10:20 huhuhu
(Mike Bara intro)
10:21 I was mesmerized by the pictures you got in ancient aliens on Mars to me the pictures were just absolutely...
10:23 I can't wait to get into it..
10:23 you're everywhere
10:23 you know I like Bob and went out to lunch with him once and he did admit to me. The special on the alien autopsy was not real and so that kind of tainted me about this because when I was watching this...
10:24 I think he later found out about it...
10:25 it was high drama
10:25 you made a mistake you
10:26 and I think if I recall too, what he did say was...
10:26 what was your experience on the Syfy show...

guest says "I deserve an emmy."

Ahhh a good interview is when you listen... Larry King told me that a long time ago...

you know one of the most difficult things about a radio interview mike is...

George goes on to state that he doesn't interject the people stop talking...

10:30 well let's talk about the space on ancient aliens on Mars just ahead...

(A bit rough... so it goes...)

Mr. Fidget

(Still a bit rough but I'm dialing in on it, see legend at bottom of post... new transcription convention.)

10:36 come on and join the club like so many people become a Coast insider visit our website coast to coast am .com or you can even go to george noory . com whichever is easier for you... to fill out the information it is 15 cents a day....
10:39 and welcome back Mike Bara with us since we're talking about his latest work incredible job on ancient aliens on Mars two let start just some of this first of all but I do have to ask you what was the impetus besides having so much material what were the areas that just truly boggled your mind?
10:40 (missed a word)
10:41 going to ask you this because you have looked at this... wasn't there a picture of the shadow of something coming app that craft...
10:42 getting closer yeah
10:44 hmmm it was a fascinating excuse
10:44 what fascinates me about Mars mike is the fact that whatever happened happened fast it was a monumental catastrophe and it was quick.
10:45 mmhuh so 10  times... mmhuh
10:46 oh sure Mike through been a civilization on that plant exploded... # yeah. # I sure do.
10:47 mmhuh # in these artifacts that are on Mars that you depict in your book like the skull for example actually does look like a skull I mean you can see the eye sockets you can see where the jaws were ripped off whatever happened it happened so fast... #
10:48 right #
10:49 thats... the jaw its been ripped away that portion looks like it could've... # yea it does
10:50 alright let's go to one of your favourites spots Cydonia and your buddy Richard C Hoaglands favorite spots Cydonia... #
10:52 now tell me about this city that's close by in that area too # (chuckle) #
10:54 mmhuh # if it collapsed within itself like an earthquake #
10:55 it is ironic that Cairo means Mars isn't it strange # I don't believe in coincidences you know that everything has a reason it just happens
when we started looking at these photos in these areas what are the natural NASA scientists... #
10:58 we're going to come back much more to talk to Mike Bara about and will take your phone calls next on Coast to Coast AM

New legend (...=went on missed by transcriptionist) (#=guest spoke)

Mr. Fidget

11:09 what is it about Mars that simply captures our fascination, our imagination, what is it, I remember looking at Mars with a telescope when I was a kid... just a speck... truly amazing and we'll be back with your phone calls after this...
11:11 welcome back mike bara with us Mike (stutter) the only... in your book #
11:13 it its weird how big #
11:14 exactly and the mermaid in Copenhagen how big is that figurine in your opinion # and which of the rover shot that # the late Arthur C Clarke talked about glass worm structures... what did he mean
11:15 hehehe # in in in natural state #
11:16 well you know that was one of my next question... of the devastation... they have gone underground like you say #
11:18 yeah let's take some calls still a lot to talk about it with you Mike... + (+ now = caller spoke) #
11:20 some of the other fashionating... pictures in the book Mike #
11:21 yeauh # hehuhu if its not vegetation what the heck are they #
11:22 let's go east carl truck driving in Georgia Carl you're on with Mike Bara + super + ok +
11:23 that's the head-dress Mike isn't it #
11:24 and it has similarities to the Sphinx in that... structures made of Rock it's strange... #
11:25 the eye socket is amazing #
11:26 huh we have now Damon in Cedar Rapids Iowa welcome Damon + yeauh + what do you think of that possibility Mike #
11:28 what if Mars was merely a base for some extra terrestrials and they got out of there just in time and the planet #
11:29 Mike when we come back from the break let's get back into the pyramid city on Mars and tell me what really fascinates you the most about that people want to pick up your book on the ancient aliens Mars to where do they go #
11:30 we shall be back with final cost with Mike Bara on Coast to Coast AM

(... = missed words | # = guest spoke | + = caller spoke)

Mr. Fidget

11:36
11:37 well if somebody came up to you on the street and said hey take this it's free for 10 days take it you can not take it but let me tell you beyond belief is free and you can take advantage of it... (close to what he said)
11:39 and welcome back let's take your calls here with Mike Bara, Mike let's get back into the... city again what fascinates you #
11:40 hehehuh #
11:41 it also looks like small little subdivision houses doesn't it #
11:42 eh huh he huh # sure #
11:43 let's go to George in Anaheim California west of the Rockies hi George thanks for calling + thank you + uhhuh + sure will +
11:44 was that phobose + Might mars have of had a regular orbit Mike #
11:45 oh sure #
11:46 and didn't "shraparelli?" many many years ago see canals #
11:47 let's go to Knoxville Tennessee hello Vicky its your turn on Coast to Coast AM + sure + # + mmhuh + # (tounge smack hereinafter=TS) great theory # thats right #
11:49 didn't that face on Mars comic book come out years before Mars and the Viking photographs #
11:50 eh huhuhu I love it, it is identical, let's go next to Harold east of the Rockies in Louisville Kentucky + ok sure thing go ahead Mike
11:51 #
11:52 Mike what if somebody else gets to Mars with roverd and they releasing credible information about artifacts # the Chinese are going to get there eventually # you think
11:53 #
11:54 well let's go to st. Louis Colton's with us on the wildcard line Colton go ahead + sure + what with the face have been for Mike #
11:55 #
11:56 that could be,... out in Buffalo New York final caller go ahead + thank you +
11:57 + the moon does have weird structures, Mike, we got a minute left go ahead # eh heh huh #
11:58 alright Mike Bara always a pleasure having you on a program thank you my friend... up next to spirits of Weegee
(...=missed, #=guest spoke, +=caller spoke)
(Thats all for tonight folks, Ouija board lady doesn't get my attention at all)

Quote from: eddie dean on July 23, 2014, 11:07:41 PM
I wasn't recording the show, unfortunately, or fortunately I don't listen anymore. I appreciate your suggestion however. It might be worth paying for 1 month of stream link to download as many shows as I can. I have so many isolated clips already, I can see this getting out of hand by trying to use too many. I still want more though! heh heh.
It will take some work to be able to quickly locate the right one during a conversation. On my SB, I have 6 GN banks, each bank has 21 clips loaded.  I probably have at least 50 more clips waiting to be categorized and loaded. It can be overwhelming!

It sounds overwhelming, but all your hard work is worth it, because you've struck comedy gold!  Have you considered making a clip of GN interviewing himself?  It goes without saying that it would inflict prolonged, excruciating butt hurt, but if you have the time and inclination, you could have a lot of fun with that.

WOTR

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on July 23, 2014, 08:30:51 PM
    One way to help would be selecting quotes and isolating, clipping, and then serving them up for the soundboard. :)   
There are two major problems with the idea.  The first is that I have no idea how to do this... The second (and larger) problem is that I have pretty much stopped listening.  I only catch bits and pieces when I forget to turn the radio off or change stations.

It has been over a year since I have purposely subjected myself to George night after night, and I cannot start again just for brief, amusing clips of a grown man mumbling, mispronouncing and mangling the English language.

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: wotr1 on July 24, 2014, 02:33:37 AM
There are two major problems with the idea.
I suggested that before I knew Eddie was drowning in clips already, so I guess it would just be overwhelming anyway.
mf
ps. It's the thought that counts.
:)

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: eddie dean on July 23, 2014, 11:07:41 PM
It can be overwhelming!

You are a brave man, and the world is better for it. I can just close the thread... you have the whole thing on your hard drive... defrag often. ;)

mf

ps. Yes defraging has no practical value nowadays, but if you think of it as a digital placebo, or hard drive therapy... you could perhaps save the poor little platter &/or ssd from some painful indexing... think "charitable busy work."

eddie dean

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on July 24, 2014, 01:25:20 AM
It sounds overwhelming, but all your hard work is worth it, because you've struck comedy gold!  Have you considered making a clip of GN interviewing himself?  It goes without saying that it would inflict prolonged, excruciating butt hurt, but if you have the time and inclination, you could have a lot of fun with that.

It has been considered. I think Jaz suggested it a few months ago, but it hasn't happened yet. Since the GN SB is gaining popularity, possibly growing beyond our control, i think I need to dedicate some time to create more SB bits.

Kelt

This was pretty awesome from open lines back in may.

Caller: [Talking about a guy she was speaking to, about an accident the guy had been in] "That very same day, he said, at a crossroad he was hit by a car real hard, and he went flying into a telephone post."

GN: "Did it kill him?"

???

Mr. Fidget

No transcription tonight, I am not going to listen to four hours of fearmongering hype. It's just wrong in so many ways. They don't call it "programming" for no reason.
   Check out the accidental truth on the Tonight's Show page:

Geopolitcal Round-up/ Economic Crisis
Thu 07-24
First Half: Analyst of geopolitics and foreign policy, Craig Hulet, comments on the situations in Ukraine and Israel, and other current events.

2nd Half: Author and ex-banker John Truman Wolfe is the editor/publisher of The Hard Truth magazine. He'll discuss the state of the US and world economies, and why some economists think the situation is more fragile than in 2007, and what you can do to protect yourself and your family from the next crisis by design.

mf

WOTR

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on July 24, 2014, 10:25:59 PM
   No transcription tonight, I am not going to listen to four hours of fearmongering hype.
I will not listen either... But I can help with the transcription if you would like.

...Upcoming economic collapse....
... Buy gold and silver...
...Worse than the great depression...
...I have a concealed carry permit...
...Go to my website to get prepared...
...Gold and Silver, George...
...Conspiracy.... International bankers...
...The Fed...
...Your loved ones...
...The next big war...
...Industrial military complex...

That is all that my psychic side could pick up in a short time.

***Edit.  I almost forgot- "what got you interested in this?"

Mr. Fidget

Tonight's second guest:
Glad to be here.
George:
Me too.

A conversationalist would have had a thoughtful reply. A rote knee jerk response, like that, shows one's lack of basic "listen/respond" awareness. That is analytically not the kind of caliber of host America deserves from the legacy of Art Bell.
   Nothing personal George, you need to get a silent keyboard, or stop smacking the keys to go to your next message. It creates audio spikes, and is a great example of why you need a producer who will guide your show to higher levels. It should never have gone unnoticed for one show, let alone until today. Ipad, membrane, laser... a silent keyboard.
   When you have a powerhouse like this guest, television writer and historian Marc Cushman, you really need to let him drive the interview. I've heard you interrupt this powerhouse guest who is both well spoken and very informed, several times.
   My advice: Listen and learn. Ask him for a good speech coach reference, and learn not to speak with a blocked nose, with a nasal sound, for proper articulation.
   Work to rise to the level of Art's position you inherited, and get as much help as you can handle. You can afford it, it's a write-off, and most importantly the listeners deserve the best you can offer, not the least you can squeak by with.

Again nothing personal,
raise the level of your "on air" game.

Mr. Fidget

nextgen.fm

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on August 22, 2014, 01:45:19 AM
Tonight's second guest:
Glad to be here.
George:
Me too.

A conversationalist would have had a more thoughtful reply. A wrote knee jerk response, like that, shows one's lack of basic "listen/respond" awareness. That is analytically not the kind of caliber of host America deserves from the legacy of Art Bell.
   Nothing personal George, you need to get a silent keyboard, or stop smacking the keys to go to your next message. It creates audio spikes, and is a great example of why you need a producer who will guide your show to higher levels. It should never have gone unnoticed for one show, let alone until today. Ipad, membrane, laser... a silent keyboard.
   When you have a powerhouse like this guest, television writer and historian Marc Cushman, you really need to let him drive the interview. I've heard you interrupt this powerhouse guest who is both well spoken and very informed, several times.
   My advice: Listen and learn. Ask him for a good speech coach reference, and learn not to speak with a blocked nose, with a nasal sound, for proper articulation.
   Work to rise to the level of Art's position you inherited, and get as much help as you can handle. You can afford it, it's a write-off, and most importantly the listeners deserve the best you can offer, not the least you can squeak by with.

Again nothing personal,
raise the level of your "on air" game.

Mr. Fidget

Hi fidget I'm listening too!

He has so much great info to share

Great guest loving it

And yes you are right!

I noticed that too when he greeted him!

Mr. Fidget

George: American Idol when it came out it was truly a phenomenon?

Guest: Not really...

Where did that question come from?

Minutes earlier at about 1:38 am pst. this dialog occurred:

Guest: Yeah it does, I wish that show <chuckle> [George interjected: yeaugh] was around now I wish they would put that on ME-TV, those sound fascinating.

George: They too, me too... now when you look where tv is headed today...

Context George... speak with relevance to that which was just said.

"They too," and why you said that is another kettle of difficult fish entirely.

I have no idea what you should do about that, it's non sequitur.

I had to re-listen to it ten times to verify exactly what I have transcribed here.

non se·qui·tur
ˌnän ˈsekwitər/
noun: non sequitur;
plural noun: non sequiturs;
noun: nonsequitur;
plural noun: nonsequiturs

A conclusion or statement that does not logically follow from the previous argument or statement.

Origin
Latin, literally ‘it does not follow.’

Mr. Fidget

I just had a realization, Coast to Coast AM, does not have "open lines" anymore. That term is a misnomer, Art had "open lines," that were unscreened, thus "open."
   What it is now is "curated lines," at best... and that does not take into account the "purported voice actors" that I do not know for certain are utilized. I have read that, and if it is true, it strikes me as a form of "false advertising." Since it is entertainment, that is likely not illegal or anything, but it is "perception manipulation."

How about "controled lines, guarded lines, blocked lines, manipulated lines, or delayed lines?"

C2C has lost Art's spontaneity.

mf

It's all that and worse.

Tommy seems to make sure no one will ask a question or make a comment beyond George's ability.  Everything at Coast is about protecting George.

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 23, 2014, 05:55:28 AM
It's all that and worse.

Tommy seems to make sure no one will ask a question or make a comment beyond George's ability.  Everything at Coast is about protecting George.
I have never tried to call George. I should call and experience the "filter," for the heck of it. Not as me of course. If I do, I'll report back.

mf

aldousburbank

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on July 23, 2014, 10:52:11 PM
I imagine somewhere within the BG legion there is a better equipped gabber.
I've heard these rumors also but I am not mentioning any names.

albrecht

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on August 23, 2014, 06:07:09 AM
   I have never tried to call George. I should call and experience the "filter," for the heck of it. Not as me of course. If I do, I'll report back.

mf
Please try sometime. I would love to hear how George would handle a legitimate old Art caller (and sorta guest) and Fidgets. Though you might have to mention some other topic to get through screener and I would not mention Art whilst talking to George. I think Fidgets would be safe however and would likely confuse him immensely. Would be funny.
ps: keep on fidgeting
-GNS
-Sent from FEMA Region VI

Gd5150

QuoteHow about "controled lines, guarded lines, blocked lines, manipulated lines, or delayed lines?"

Marshall Law Lines
Security Checkpoint Lines
Members Only Lines
Fishing Lines
Open Lies
Closed Lines
George has left the building lines

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: aldousburbank on August 23, 2014, 07:01:49 AM
I've heard these rumors also but I am not mentioning any names.
I don't envy your post-vacation catchup backlog, I sure do like what you've done with it here. That's some fine innuendo, out your front door.
Even more, indeed.
Quote from: albrecht on August 23, 2014, 08:25:06 AM
Please try sometime. I would love to hear how George would handle a legitimate old Art caller (and sorta guest) and Fidgets. Though you might have to mention some other topic to get through screener and I would not mention Art whilst talking to George. I think Fidgets would be safe however and would likely confuse him immensely. Would be funny.
ps: keep on fidgeting
-GNS
-Sent from FEMA Region VI
Will do, it's good harmless fun... like real fun should be.
Quote from: Gd5150 on August 23, 2014, 10:07:54 AM
Marshall Law Lines
Security Checkpoint Lines
Members Only Lines
Fishing Lines
Open Lies
Closed Lines
George has left the building lines
Touche'
Seven-che'

mf

Mr. Fidget

George just used the anchor phrase "the holiday season is now here" as he went into an ad. This was most likely an embedded subliminal command. The emphasis was on "now... here," which to the mind is also interpreted as "now HEAR." This brings the attention focus of the listener directly to the begining of the advertisement. Most likley it would have an effect on the drowzy, or otherwise non-alpha state (sleeping, etc.) brain. I think this tactic may have been intentional.
   It was the first time I've noticed that one, it's like a nice sales presentation... followed with "by now you see what a great value this is."

There the command was "Buy now."

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on November 04, 2014, 01:24:02 AM
   George just used the anchor phrase "the holiday season is now here" as he went into an ad. This was most likely an embedded subliminal command. The emphasis was on "now... here," which to the mind is also interpreted as "now HEAR." This brings the attention focus of the listener directly to the begining of the advertisement. Most likley it would have an effect on the drowzy, or otherwise non-alpha state (sleeping, etc.) brain. I think this tactic may have been intentional.
   It was the first time I've noticed that one, it's like a nice sales presentation... followed with "by now you see what a great value this is."

There the command was "Buy now."

I wouldn't put it past C2C to use neurolinguistic programming, although I don't think it has been shown to be effective.

Mr. Fidget

Back when Coast to Coast was in its heyday, in a time of a national weather emergency Art Bell would open the lines for the people effected. There are undoubtedly right now many people without power, in the cold listening to radios. Their real-life situation would be riveting drama. I don't think they're concerned about milk, and its effect on diabetes.
   George could use his platform as a national service to ease people in great turmoil. I guess he doesn't remember how Art Bell worked on the air. It's an opportunity for a great show, just fading away.