• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

How to post gif's

Started by zeebo, July 18, 2014, 09:51:11 PM

zeebo

I've seen where some people can post animated gif's.  I always get an error. 

I need to know how to do it as I have an important gif of ice cream sandwiches being made that I must post asap. 

Quote from: zeebo on July 18, 2014, 09:51:11 PM
I've seen where some people can post animated gif's.  I always get an error. 

I need to know how to do it as I have an important gif of ice cream sandwiches being made that I must post asap.
insert image. one of those neat tool buttons above the smileys.

zeebo

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on July 18, 2014, 11:14:08 PM
insert image. one of those neat tool buttons above the smileys.

ah .. nice, thanks!

zeebo

That was so easy, glad I didn't get smacked up side the head for my question.

basswood

Test. Hey, it worked! I always had trouble for some reason also. Thanks Evil Twin.

nextgen.fm

gifs are the internet's greatest invention

nbirnes

Quote from: nextgen.fm on May 06, 2015, 10:47:51 PM

I agree, and I was also having trouble trying to use the attachments method. So now I can post a great gif I found that I like to call "Noory in July."

wr250

Quote from: nextgen.fm on May 06, 2015, 10:47:51 PM

i thought the internet existed just to host p*b eye-pad comics.

Quote from: nbirnes on May 20, 2015, 04:45:21 PM
I agree, and I was also having trouble trying to use the attachments method. So now I can post a great gif I found that I like to call "Noory in July."

That's kind of a cool .gif.  It's like looking out a window on my monitor.

nbirnes

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on May 20, 2015, 11:06:45 PM
That's kind of a cool .gif.  It's like looking out a window on my monitor.

The technical term for this is "cinemagraph" and there's a reddit thread on them, as well as a whole section on Imgur. So nice.

http://imgur.com/t/cinemagraph

Can you turn back on the feature that lets us upload an image and post it inline (instead of as an attachment)?

The General

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on June 10, 2015, 10:51:41 PM
Can you turn back on the feature that lets us upload an image and post it inline (instead of as an attachment)?
YES, I second that request.  How bout it, MV?

zeebo

Quote from: The General on June 10, 2015, 10:55:38 PM
YES, I second that request.  How bout it, MV?

I agree as well.  Inlines just look nicer than attachments imho.

nbirnes

Quote from: zeebo on June 23, 2015, 06:04:43 PM
I agree as well.  Inlines just look nicer than attachments imho.

The way I just did it was to use the image button and link to the gif that I've stored on my own server. I have a minions obsession and have a whole lot of them to choose from for every conceivable emotion.

I'm pretty sure if we are doing it the wrong way, MV will nudge us in the right direction.

zeebo

Quote from: nbirnes on July 01, 2015, 04:24:48 PM
The way I just did it was to use the image button and link to the gif that I've stored on my own server. ...

Yep it works fine if you post a link to the image.  But if you upload an image file directly from your home device, it gets saved as an attachment to your post, rather than a nice inline image.  We used to have a choice - attachment or inline.  A small detail, yes, but when I have an important cat meme to post I strive for the best presentation.

Jackstar

There needs to be a per user setting to disable automatic display of images, and/or disable automatic animation, before things get out of h-h-h-h-hand.

WanagoBleu

Took me long enough to figure it out....how to load GIFs.  Everything else I know.  ;D ;D ;D

Oculary

You should have never old me the secret! moo-ha-ha-ha-ha

Justme

I forgot how I had been posting the gifs and now can only try to post and this is what I get by inserting the image by copying and pasting. Please help

inuk2600

Quote from: Oculary on September 26, 2015, 11:20:21 AM
You should have never old me the secret! moo-ha-ha-ha-ha

Super handy! Just when I ran out of parmesan. Oc, you're johnny on the spot.

Quote from: Shartshooter on October 01, 2015, 04:38:03 PM
http://gph.is/RXeNfd

Right click gif.
Select 'copy image location'
Go to Bellgab, and paste in between tags [ img ][ /img ] (without the spaces) which you already know how to do.

Justme

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on October 01, 2015, 07:20:14 PM

Right click gif.
Select 'copy image location'
Go to Bellgab, and paste in between tags [ img ][ /img ] (without the spaces) which you already know how to do.

Thank you, I will just have to get them from the website now for some reason. I was able to use the ones I have downloaded but cannot anymore. I have a Mac and don't have the copy image location option when I go to the folder where they are.

Quote from: Shartshooter on October 01, 2015, 09:05:20 PM
Thank you, I will just have to get them from the website now for some reason. I was able to use the ones I have downloaded but cannot anymore. I have a Mac and don't have the copy image location option when I go to the folder where they are.

I think MV removed that feature.